Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Rooms are small, not like shown in the pictures. The internet connection was not good at all, they turn it on at 11am. The bathroom stinks. When we arrived, we give advice about our early check out, but when we were leaving, there was nobody to receive the key and gave us the deposit back... Breakfast is good!

a bed for the night, but noisy from early on, even with ear plugs!

• 13th Sep 2013

It was indeed value for money. Nice owners, very helpful and friendly. The place is well kept, clean rooms, shared toilets and dining area. The only thing is the noise, I think sleep is impossible until 2 or 3am. Maybe that is also the reason why breakfast starts at 830am. Since it is a hostel and people have early agenda to get out, that time is too late. I missed 2nd day breakfast. The first day I tried to wait but almost missed my 9am tour. Also, checkout time of 11am is too early.

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Philippines

We stayed one night on the boat and it was very nice. The bathrooms were very clean, the rooms and the entire boat aswell. It's located near the central station and the city of amsterdam (a walk of lesss than 10 minutes). The staff was relly nice and helpful. Breakfast is included and good. Will definitely stay there again next time i visit amsterdam since you get a lot for the low price.

• 7th Sep 2013

We loved this clean, character-filled boat. The rooms/cabins are small, as you would expect, but clean and comfortable. The breakfast is great and the location is perfect. Easy walking to the city center and the central train station and a short tram to the Rijksmuseum. We plan to stay here again. Only complaint, the prow of the boat is yellow so it does not look like the posted pictures so it is a little confusing to find the first time.

• 1st Sep 2013

It was awesome to stay on the boat, even though the room is really small, 2x2m, you have to count with that because you stay on the boat, were there is not enough space, but you can manage, you have small sink in the room as well, the showers and other facilities are very nice, really nice staff, perfect breakfast, there is also tee provided in the evening, that was so nice, and its really quite in the small harbour, even though it is so near city centre, I definitely recommend!

We enjoyed our stay on the boat. Showers were clean and hot, room was small but clean, and breakfast was plentiful. :) Oh and great location too!

• 31st Aug 2013

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Very clean and the location was great

• 28th Jun 2013

Awesome Hostel! Definitely a novelty staying on a boat in Amsterdam, gives a good feel for the city. We loved it!

Great breakfast that's included.

Great helpful staff upon arrival. Friendly and knew the city. Great breakfast. Great views and very close to the station. Dificult to find. The rooms were very un-expectedly small but cosy? Its not practical for backpackers getting in and out the boat but overall it was fun

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel and there is very little i can actually complain about. The owner was lovely and let us leave our bags in the hotel after check out completely free of charge. The location is super...right next to the NEMO museum and only 10 minutes away from central station! Breakfast was yummy served continental style. . Overall it was a novel experience to stay on a boat for a few days and excellent value for money. the only thing negative is the rooms were very small.

• 24th Jun 2013

the staff were really friendly, good location.

Place is too small, no chair or table in room. Tobacco smells all around the hostel. Bath ok, bed clean. No fan or air condition

Fantastic place to stay! Very friendly and helpful staff with a very warm welcome. Rooms were simple but everything you need, with a sink in the room and plenty of showers/toilets onboard. Breakfast was plentiful and the location was good for exploring different parts of Amsterdam. Would definitely stay again!

The hostel was great. The breakfast was really nice and much more than I expected. The only problem I had was that the showers were very hot and I could not manage to cool down the water. The second morning it was almost burning. But I would rather have a hot shower than a cold one. Also the internet starting at 11 am was a little weird but it didnt cause many problems because of all the cafes with wifi. But it would have been nice to check things online before starting my day.

Location is great. Probably the best thing about it. I loved the idea of staying on a boat. Hosts were nice and I loved the look of the boat. Beautiful wood. That said, I had a terrible night of sleep. I could hear everything. Steps, the next door neighboor moving on his bed, people going and using the toilet. I really needed a good night of sleep and got no more than an hour. I felt terrible the next morning. Wifi was very slow too. And that's always bad. I wouldn't stay there again.

The Amsterdam Hotelboat is a great option for anyone looking a great location on a budget. Although the rooms are a little small, they are comfortable. There is a common space on the main floor, should you want to spend more time on the boat and in a larger space. Would definitely stay here again. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Your stay includes a great breakfast, coffee and tea throughout the day, and towels (the showers were also nice). The boat was quite clean as well.

Great stay! Although rooms are tiny, the space is enough to sleep well and place your backpack on the floor. The bed very comfortable and clean sheets and towels provided. Loved there's a washbasin in the room. The shower was tiny too but the little curtain keeps your towel and clothes dry. The only thing we didn't like was that wifi is shut down at night and till 11am, when many travelers come back to the hotel after a day out and need to plan what's next on the trip, book next hotel or train.

• 10th Jun 2013
  • Mexico

I loved staying at the hotel boat Amsterdam! I will definetly stay there again in the future. It exceeded my expectations!

• 29th May 2013