Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff was kind. The room was cleaned. But there was noise from the aisle.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • South Korea

hwhat a wonderful experience! we love it and surely will go back . Neeltje and Hertzen are super cool, they are really helpful and giving a lot of information. they had sailing to almost many parts of south east asia. its a perfect place if you looking for a peaceful place, good scenery, but in the city centre. so friendly and love to discuss with them. we have a good experience here. definately will come back soon :)

-Good breakfast,nice staff, -15 mins walk to central station, -Steep step, -wifi in common area only -Very easy to hear noise from neighbour or corridor

Me and the mrs went for a weekend break. GREAT location, very clean, FREE breakfast, FREE coffee

• 9th Jun 2014

Very happy, super nice owners, positive atmosphere in the common area where people were talking and playing cards, and drinking supplementary tea and coffee. felt very welcome there and not at all alone, even if I was a solo-traveller this time. Breakfast was lovely with nothing missing. Love sleeping on a boat. Would have liked for it to take off, as the only thing missing was some movements on the water!

• 27th May 2014
  • Iceland

I tried to find an accomodation like that when I´m in Amsterdam and it was just great! Staff is very friendly and helpful! Breakfast contains all you need and gives you a great start on your tour. It´s a quiet and very clean place. Rooms are quite small but suitable for a city trip - it´s a hotel boat!! We really enjoyed our stay and so we can definitely recommend this hotel boat.

The couple who own the boat were wonderful and very accomodating. The scene was quiet, and there was no activities to meet other travelers. However, it was a safe environment and the breakfast was delicious and included in the fee.

The best accomodation Ive ever had

The husband and wife who run the hotelboat were extremely accommodating; not only with great facilities, but by going above and beyond to give us advice on our stay (giving us safe routes to travel in town) and even adjusting to our schedules for checking out and payment. I loved staying here and felt taken care of and safe. It's the best way to stay in Amsterdam and is a great experience.

• 24th May 2014

Only thing I had an issue with was that it was VERY stuffy...now I do love my fresh air so it may not bother anyone else. Also leaving 10e deposit for the use of the room key wasa very irritating as we had to check out at 7am and there was nobody there to give the key back to and return m deposit, even though they said breakfast was at 7am, there was no one in reception. Aside from those..perfect!!

• 23rd May 2014

It's our first time to stay on boat hostel! Love the experience! The host couple are nice. Very tidy and clean. Simple but great breakfast. Location is good. Surely recommend this hostel!

we stayed at the end of may,boat room was to hot to sleep and the noise from other guests at night just wrong! some cheap earplugs would go down well..

• 20th May 2014

Had a lovely stay on the amsterdam hotleboat, lovely people perfect for what we needed and not expensive at all. Will definitely be staying back hear on my next trip to amsterdam.

• 20th May 2014

Fantastic stay, breakfast was fantastic, the room was cozy and wonderful. Extremely convenient location, beautiful right on the water. Love, love, loved it!

This place was great! You can't beat sleeping on a boat. I'll say this, the walls are thin and yes the rooms are tight, but it's worth it. They start you with a small breakfast. You can help yourself to tea or coffee throughout the day. It was a cool atmosphere. Lilian is amazing!!!! I'd be back in a heart beat. Oh and the sunset here are beautiful!!

OMG what a great place to stay. The boat is spotless and everything is in like new condition. The captain is very personable and is very familiar with the US. It's only a short walk to the good parts of the city and to the tram stop and train station. Beds were comfortable. There are beverages available on the honor system, and the deck looks like it would be a good place to chill if it's not raining. It was just wonderful.

The hostel is close to the central station and has a very nice atmosphere. The owners are very kind and helpful. The rooms are very small and there is no wifi only upstairs in the shared area, but this is a boat so this should be no surprise :) The toilets and showers are clean, the breakfast is nice, you can have tea or coffee anytime free and there is a book exchange shelf as well with a lot of english books. If you are looking for a place sg less ordinary, I can recommend this hostel :)

The overall feeling is good, and the host is a nice guy, but the space in the room is a little narrow, since the average price in Amsterdam is high, so I can't really say if it is valuable to spend around €30 per person per night at this place.

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Great value with breakfast. 13min walk to Amsterdam Centrale. The rooms and beds are small but then again, you are staying on a boat.

To be honest I wasn't expecting too much, but when I got there I was amazed by the bostel!! Everything is perfect there. If I ever go back to Amsterdam I will try to stay there again!

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts