Amsterdam Truelove Guesthouse and Antiques Reviews

Prinsenstraat 4, 1015 DC, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Loved my stay. The two that owned the place could not be any nicer.

• 28th May 2013

True love is not a hostel. They give you different apartments around the city so it depends on where you get placed but I was very happy with our apartment. It was clean and modern.

The Location was very nice but we didn't like the room to be in the first floor. The bed was near the big "Shopping"-window, which didn't make us feel very comfortable.

• 8th May 2013

it was a very small room, it smelled really sweat, was very noisy, and it was very bad that the bed was very bad (I have now after 4 days still suffer from back pain that I have suffered through this bad bed) in accordance with the payment we had a deluxe room with bath (this was a small room with no bath and very bad bed so) and according to the booking site was a B & B (ie incl breakfast, which also was not so in reality so). So we are not satisfi, greeting JF Nieuwland

• 20th Apr 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Absolutely lovely thanks very much

• 16th Apr 2013

Brilliant place to stay for what we wanted. Stayed in a great ground floor flat in a very nice quiet location. Did keep curtains closed though due to being right on the street. My only slight criticism is that it needed a new mattress on the bed and a new duvet and pillows. They weren't dirty just needed a bit of a facelift.

Spent 5 days with my girlfriend at TrueLove Guest house and we were reasonably impressed with the room and everything. It's a perfect location for a couple. The room was nice an clean, and had everything we needed. The location is very convenient, it's close to Central Station and all the central attractions. We meet Daniel in the morning, who kept out baggages safe until the room was ready. We freaked out a little when we heard him arguing on the phone with the person in charge of cleaning our

Hello, we just spent 3nights at Truelove Guesthouse. We found the location very convenient (near by foot to the city center but also in na calm and nice area near from the water). The house is very typical but you need to climb stears so don't be too old or disabled people. The owner is helpfull; we could let our luggage a bit longer in the Guesthouse the last day before going to the airport. We enjoyed the romantic bedroom in the bedroom number 2.

• 28th Mar 2013

It was an okay place to stay, had the basics and was clean, This only big issue we had was that it wasn’t at the address hostel world gives, when we got there and without any explanation the owner told us we had to go to another address, which wasn’t to far away but we felt a little uncomfortable there as it was down an alley across from a derelict house with broken windows

that's one of the best hostel I have ever been!!!! the staff is lovely and the place is really cool! enjoy the store at the ground floor!

Our room was a bit cold and could not be heaten up. The apartment itself was basic but nice.

The location is great and the staff are very attentious. The apartment is a bit cold on winter season. Heating should be an issue to be considered by the owners.

• 16th Mar 2013

Very helpful and pleasant owners. Me and my girlfriend were very pleased with the room we got: it was close to the center, but also to the not-so-turistical restaurants and shops. Everything was clean and nice. You have to climb a few steep stairs to get to the bed, but it was not a problem.

• 1st Mar 2013
  • Croatia

Stayed in a self contained apartment. Close to hostel, so same area. Area is quiet and only a pleasant to all amenities. Would stay here again. Only thing... for a couple the "big bed" is two single beds pushed together, eventually the beds start to separate, and one person ends up in the gap. If the owners could fix / clamp these together - that would be good.

It was a very nice appartment in Jordaan, near Haarlemer Straat, only 10 walking minutes away from the Red Light District and the Anne Frank House. The appartment was clean and comfortable, in a typicable Jordaan House. We will absolutely book this appartment on our next trip to Amsterdam. It was a perfect stay for us!!!

My friend and I had a fabulous time at TrueLove Guest house! I lived in Amsterdam for six months and have visited it several times after and this was the best place I have ever stayed. It was a true Dutch and cultural experience. Thank you for letting us stay here and really making our trip special!

• 6th Feb 2013

I recommend entirely this place, is like the name says TRUELOVE. Perfect spot, to go in a couple trip, private place, with your on key, very well located (close to everything, but in the middle of chaos), the staff was great (daniel, tommy & paul) all very caring of us. The room, was clean, beatifull and practical. The relation ship, beteewen cost and benefits, is perfect, if im going back whith my girldriend, will be returning.

• 3rd Feb 2013
  • Argentina

Wonderful location and beautiful appartment!! thanks so much for a lovely stay !

• 1st Feb 2013

It was an interesting place and very spacious. The only thing that was a bit distracting was a kind of musty paint smell. The check in process was a bit out of the ordinary as the check in was about a 4 minute walk away from where we were actually staying. I liked the decor but a door for the shower would have been nice as our bathroom became quite wet. Overall enjoyed our stay.

All sounds that are on the street are well heard in the room, but this is Amsterdam as it is :) Free coffee and tea was a nice surprise!

• 25th Jan 2013