Amsterdam Truelove Guesthouse and Antiques Reviews

Prinsenstraat 4, 1015 DC, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This was a nice room. Hot shower, good water pressure. Location was great. 10 min walk or so from Centraal Station. Only downside was that it was a little noisy outside. We could hear conversations from the street at any time throughout the night/early morning hours. Staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• 18th Dec 2013

We had a nice apartment in Jordaan district with a great view on the Noorderkerkplein and the Prinsengracht. It was very easy to walk around and discover a "real" Amsterdam; a few minuts by walk from Dam square. Recommended!!

My boyfriend and I stayed in the apt above the shop, double bed with bathroom. Bathroom lower level, living room mid-level and bed top level (attic space); "Typical Dutch House". Staff are particular about arrival time and house rules, but this is explained upfront and matter of fact. They were very helpful and friendly. Four nights and we felt like locals living in an apt in central Amsterdam. Facility was clean, cozy, and quiet. Grocery store and full service laundry mat one block away.

,if you intend to stay here and are carrying anything heavier than a carry-on bag....think again! The stairs are narrow and winding and it was hell to get our luggage up to the 1st floor......no help from 'Staff'....who simply took all the money upfront,then gave us the key to the outer door,and we were on our own! Coming down was easier,if you're a mountain goat. I had to back down the narrow spiral staircase,with my partner lowering each suitcase on it's side,until i reached the next floor.

• 29th Sep 2013

The bed was place in the second floor with a ladder, we did not know about that before arriving. so the ceiling was short and not comfortable. The mattress was not good. After my stay in the hostel some bugs had bitten me. There was no reception in the hostel. So we waited a long time until the person arrives to do check in.

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay there. It is located in good location, close to the central and also to Central Station. The owner Albert was very nice and greeted us at the apartment.

• 30th Aug 2013
  • Indonesia

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was clean, however it was at a different location to where the shop was. The staff were helpful but we only saw them the night we arrived. Our room was centrally located on the Singel Canal. It was a small room in a complex with no other guests except us. This place is great for couples but if your looking to meet people and atmosphere this isn't the right place for you.

Staff were very helpful, we were given lots of tips and pointers to the city on arrival and while walking to the guestrooms, a 5-10 minute walk from the address listed which is an antiques shop. Rooms we had was big with all basic facilities but the fridge on a small rickety table and the boiler were quite loud at night (a door on the shower room would block this out), the bed wasn't very comfy, and the narrow and steep stairs are quite difficult with luggage (though staff helped us at check-in)

Nice and cosy place with lovely furniture and very friendly staff. The room was clean and the area was the perfect place to stay. I can highly recommend this guest house.

• 26th Jul 2013

need to take care of the mosquito infestion from the small court yard/light well. It was impossible to leave windows open among the summer heatwave.

• 18th Jul 2013

Really bad that we didnt get any info about that we were going to stay at a completely different adress in another area.

Albert is a lovely man. We will be there again. Perfect for couples.

It's one of the nicer hostels i've ever been. The staff is very kind and helpful. The room is beautiful and the location is great. The only thing is that the reception is not always open so you can't leave your baggage if he's not there..

Thank you for your nice comments and good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. thanks again for the reservation best regards paul

Great place for a limited budget. Close to railway station and city center. Very good service!

• 9th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Breakfast not included but we had a microwave oven and an electric kettle. The room was big and wifi worked well. Big problem: you have to call to check in, and they inform you that a bar across the street lets you use the phone, but it's a LIE. Though we had sent him an e-mail confirming the arrival time that day, we had to wait 3 hours (and borrow someone's cellphone) for him to show up. When he did come, he did everything hastily and confessed having read the e-mail and not caring about it.

Had a wonderful stay here in 2013 - beautiful apartment in an excellent location :) staff extremely helpful and nice!

Truelove guesthouse was amazing. Daniel was very welcoming and helpful. The room was very clean and beautiful. I hope I travel to Amsterdam again soon, and if I do, I will want to stay here again.

I've been there for three days in June with my girlfriend and it was great. Daniel was very helpful with the map of the city and the things we should check out in Amsterdam. Our apartment was in Noordermarkt street and it was big and clean with a lot of space. The location was perfect, 10min walk to the center. I would definitely recomend the Truelove Guesthouse and Antiques in Amsterdam!

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Croatia

Very nice place. Be prepared for up to a 5 min walk to where you are staying from check-in but you are shown the way. Room was very clean, especially compared to the state we saw it in when dropping our bags there at lunch time as it was being cleaned! The room we were in was in a great location, only a few minutes from Centraal station and Dam Square. Would definitely stay again.

Loved my stay. The two that owned the place could not be any nicer.

• 28th May 2013