Amsterdam Truelove Guesthouse and Antiques Reviews

Prinsenstraat 4, 1015 DC, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We stayed in two different apartments. Clean, fantastic locations and friendly staff. Loved Amsterdam!

Really nice place and, even we only saw the the staff the first day, Renè, he was kind and helpful. Ther room and the living rom were beautiful and with good views, lots of light. The only thing I dindn't like was the spiral stairs, that really annoyed me, if I were there with my mum she couldn't get to the bedroom. Also difficult to someone who just wake up sleepy for a wee or for someone drunk. Or for someone with big feet, as me and my boyfriend. Anyway, probably I'd be back there

We stayed at the Hazenstraat apartment not the hostel and it was fabulous. I would definitely recommend it to friends. We had a wonderful weekend in very well equipped apartment in a very interesting and beautiful part of Amsterdam. Our host was extremely helpful and very flexible.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Be warned, the address listed is NOT where you will stay. We were lucky that our unit was 2 blocks closer to the city center. Location was very central, and I felt safe. We were pleasantly surprised by the massive 2 floors provided for our stay! It was clean and tastefully decorated in an antique, boutique style. The stairs are traditional style - narrow and steep and not suitable for the elderly. Due to wet paint, they graciously provided free beer and wine. Wifi was terrible.

We stayed in an amazing apartment right across from a canal and within 1 minute of several cafe/resteraunts. Allthough we didnt spend much time in the apartment itself, it was very comfortable and felt safe. The bathroom/kitchenette had an odd layout, and like all places in Amsterdam we found it a little overpriced, but nothing to complain about. We also arrived later then our expected check in time and after a little waiting the owners met us at the guesthouse to check us in. Would recommend.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very nice small flat with big bed and ok facilities. Shower and small kitchen maybe little bit too close to each other but there was kettle, fridge, hair dryer etc. And decent drapes&curtains, which too many place lack. For me it's a big issue because I wake quite easily to a light.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Finland

This property was not above the True Love shop as suggested when booking. The staff didn't read the emails I sent giving my check in time. I think they actually changed our room! they said something, in dutch, that sounded like vacuum, and then swapped the keys, saying that the new ones were the correct ones. The positives was that the place was on the canal, opposite markets and nearby some great restaurants. The bed was comfy, the room was dank, really stuffy, and no WIFI

Very Friendly staff. I will defiantly stay here again! The room was clean, decent size and just enough for what we needed for our trip to Amsterdam this time. The location is great! Close to the busy areas but Its a nice short walk to the slightly more quiet part of the city, whilst keeping close to the city centre. On my next trip, I will try to request a 'street view' from our room, but it depends on how much time I'd be wanting to spend inside the apartment. A truly lovely guesthouse!!!!

• 12th May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived by the extremely helpful and friendly staff who made us feel so welcome especially Ingrid who was so sweet!! We were taken to our room which was more like an apartment! It was a big space, beautiful apartment with a great feel about it. We had everything we could need in the apartment and the bed was nice and comfortable, wifi was great and we always had hot water! We couldnt have had a better stay in this guesthouse!!

Lovely apartment! We spent a single night and only regretted not staying longer. We were kindly attended at the reception in Prinsenstraat and quickly guided to our apartment in Nieuwe Leliestraat (5-10 min). This lovely apartment is spacious and exquisitely furnished with antiquities. Bed was comfortable and neighbourhood was quiet. There were many nice and useful details (complete kitchen, tourist guides & books, Wi-Fi, fresh flowers...). We only missed a place to keep luggage after check out.

hostel staff is very rude. Due to no internet access, I couldn't check my mail. I was travelling fr Italy to Netherlands.They send me an email on 15 April 2014. I didn't know this hostel don't practice 24-hours reception. Took us 2-hrs searching. We called & the staff come to the meeting point. He told us we should have called. They should have sent the email earlier but they sent a day before. The staff keep on saying they have bought 2-movie ticket cost 40euros for us & burn the ticket.

This company has several properties we ended up in an apartment. It was excellent to have some cooking facilities, a living room, tv and internet. The apartment was clean, light and airy - with the exception of the bedroom which tended to get very hot, but then again we only slept in it so it didn't bother me so muc. The owner who met us when we first arrived was absolutely lovely. Close enough to town but far enough away from the stag and hen parties. Recommended.

• 9th Apr 2014

Our house was small but very cozy, central location close to station and town center. Excellent value for money.

• 2nd Apr 2014

This was a nice room. Hot shower, good water pressure. Location was great. 10 min walk or so from Centraal Station. Only downside was that it was a little noisy outside. We could hear conversations from the street at any time throughout the night/early morning hours. Staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• 18th Dec 2013

We had a nice apartment in Jordaan district with a great view on the Noorderkerkplein and the Prinsengracht. It was very easy to walk around and discover a "real" Amsterdam; a few minuts by walk from Dam square. Recommended!!

My boyfriend and I stayed in the apt above the shop, double bed with bathroom. Bathroom lower level, living room mid-level and bed top level (attic space); "Typical Dutch House". Staff are particular about arrival time and house rules, but this is explained upfront and matter of fact. They were very helpful and friendly. Four nights and we felt like locals living in an apt in central Amsterdam. Facility was clean, cozy, and quiet. Grocery store and full service laundry mat one block away.

,if you intend to stay here and are carrying anything heavier than a carry-on bag....think again! The stairs are narrow and winding and it was hell to get our luggage up to the 1st floor......no help from 'Staff'....who simply took all the money upfront,then gave us the key to the outer door,and we were on our own! Coming down was easier,if you're a mountain goat. I had to back down the narrow spiral staircase,with my partner lowering each suitcase on it's side,until i reached the next floor.

• 29th Sep 2013

The bed was place in the second floor with a ladder, we did not know about that before arriving. so the ceiling was short and not comfortable. The mattress was not good. After my stay in the hostel some bugs had bitten me. There was no reception in the hostel. So we waited a long time until the person arrives to do check in.

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay there. It is located in good location, close to the central and also to Central Station. The owner Albert was very nice and greeted us at the apartment.

• 30th Aug 2013
  • Indonesia

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was clean, however it was at a different location to where the shop was. The staff were helpful but we only saw them the night we arrived. Our room was centrally located on the Singel Canal. It was a small room in a complex with no other guests except us. This place is great for couples but if your looking to meet people and atmosphere this isn't the right place for you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7