Amu Pension Reviews

Trziste 18, Mala Strana, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel is located in the very center, in the sightseeing area, hence there is a problem for those travelling by car. It's almost impossible to park, and any spots left are usually reserved for the locals. Fortunately the policemen were understanding and charged me the fee I would normally pay for a parking lot. For those travelling by car I recommend leaving it somewhere outside of city center (I left my at monitored parking at Smíchov - Na Knížecí) and get to the center by Metro.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Poland

Great location, but the old carpets are a problem for asmatics.

A very modest, yet very clean and quiet place to stay in with very friendly and helpful staff. It has excellent location in the middle of Mala Strana within literally 2-minutes walking distance from vibrant Malastranska square and Mostecka street full of restaurants, cafes and shops leading to Charles Bridge and the Old Town. Also a perfect spot for Hradczany castle. A superb value for money, highly recommended, will definitely consider staying at Amu Pension again.

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

Great hostel! Really enjoyed the place. I can see how the hostel wouldn't appeal to some because all the rooms are private, but it's great for pairs!

• 30th Dec 2013

I loved the personalised service, owner waited for me on the platform of the train station, took me to the place through the beautiful streets right in the middle of historic town. 5 min walk from Charles Bridge. It was so central we walked to all the best places within 10min. Low cost because it is an older style apartment and housekeeper lives next door. Very nice people that speak good English, I wasn't sure about being picked up by stranger but proved to be very trustworthy and reliable !!

• 31st Jul 2013

He waited for me to arrive at the Amu Pension to say that "we had a problem with your reservation, but we got another place for you!". He sent us to an OLD apartment WITHOUT fan/ar conditon, with old and dirty furniture and things to cook. He gave us the keys and NEVER MENTIONED anything about other people coming in. One day i forgot my glasses and went back (it was 2 min before leaving the place) and TWO people were inside with the keys, going trough the stuff. NEVER EVER EVER EVER BOOK THIS!

Very good location, nice and clean place to stay, the staff were friendly, the price is very good. :)

• 27th May 2013
  • Iraq

Unexpectedly relocated to an apartment in the city. While the apartment was nice, the location was not so good.

• 17th May 2013
  • Portugal

Amu Pension is a really nice place to stay and it is really close to Charles Bridge which is one of the most important places in Praha. I can say that the staff of Amu Pension is friendly.Especially, Mr. Frybort is very helpful and kind. You can learn anything you want about Praha by asking him. I would like to thank you Amu Pension and its staff for their hospitality. We had a really good time there.

A perfect place to stay in Prague. Central, a few steps from Charles Bridge. Several restaurants nearby and close to the tram. The room has good quality for a reasonable cost. The room was clean, comfortable bed, and above all quiet. Good and effective reception with friendly staff. Not the first time I stay here and definitely not the last. Recommended!

• 28th Feb 2013
  • Sweden

Terrible wifi reception, 3 out of the 4 reception staff were extremely unpleasant. It was as if I was doing them a disservice by paying over inflated prices for substandard accommodation. The beds were too hard and if you are over 5'10" forget about getting any sleep at all.

• 30th Dec 2012

It's a good pension in a perfect position with good staff. We've been there for three days but unfortunately they didn't clean up our room. Moreover it should be a B&B but we found out that there were no breakfast.

• 7th Dec 2012

This was a great place for outr family to stay for a wedding in Prague. It was close to all the sites and wonderful little shops and resturants.

Good Hostel where it is very close to Charles Bridge and castle as well.

Amu Pension is not a hostel but more of a student residence. There are no double beds. Staff behind reception spoke no English. The rooms are clean though and the location is right in the heart of Malastrana.

• 30th Dec 2011

Really nice hostel with helpful staff, large room with everything you need and close to the city center. Nothing to complain about!

The owner, Rotslavi is really really great, attencious! Loved it!

Amazing location, 300 m from Charles Bridge!!!. Very friendly staff. Very near exellent and (surprisingly!) quite cheaper restaurant with exellent orginally Chech cuisine.

• 16th Aug 2011