Ananas Samui Hostel Reviews

103/13 M.2, T.Maret, Koh Samui, Thailand

Was echt supergezellig! Het enige nadeel was de locatie. Ligt dicht bij strand, maar strand stelt niets voor en niemand ligt daar. Wel kan je bij het hostel een scooter huren voor 250 baht per dag. Hierdoor kan je overal heen. Maar verder ligt er niets in de buurt. Hostel zelf is heel mooi en heel leuk!

Would definitely recommend anyone staying here.. Such lovely friendly welcoming staff, really clean all throughout the hostel.. It's more like a resort than a hostel!! (but at a reasonable price). Had such a great time here, would stay again!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I rarely leave a review, but Tony and his hostel deserve a 100% score! The atmosphere is just amazing and if you don't mind being a bit away from the crazy busy town and want to relax, Ananas is the place to go!

Top notch! Best hostel in Thailand by far. Staff are delightful - nice, helpful, friendly. Lovely and clean. Pool provides a great place to chill out. Not too far from Lami (already forgotten name!) but pretty beach. From pier it costs 80Baht in red taxi to Lami which is around another 6km away from hostel. Could wave a taxi down from here. Avoid paying too much for taxi's at the pier (they can try and get you to pay around 1200TBH)

It's a great place to relax because you could stay there all day and not need to leave. I loved it because i went there to relax after I'd finished with all the moon parties. The facilities are great and clean and the wifi is good. The only drawback is the location which is pretty far out from anything. This didn't bother me because I wanted to get away from the crowds, but it might not be the place to go if you're looking to go out every night. Staff were pleasant. Real family vibe there

• 31st Mar 2014

This is a really good hostel! I loved being here! The facilities are great, and the staff as well! This is a great place to relax.. If you don't mind to be in the middle of the city, this is a great option for you! RECOMENDED!! :)

Excellent stay staff are amazing food was brilliant awesome place to go and relax!

• 19th Mar 2014

Cleanest Hostel EVER...Toni and his mom are really kind and helpful...unfortunately the location sucks hard...the beach is close but very dirty and without any facility...we are no "boomboom-tourists" if u know what i mean, but still the location is too boring and poor! So if u just wanna relax at the awesome pool without any noise I highly recommend you this place! The Kitchen is really tasty for a fair price...nice beds, standard bathrooms, lockers, average wifi.

this is the best hostel on the island. the owner is very helpful and reasonable. the swimming pool is great!

Hey, ananas is lovely all in all, tonys a diamond helped us no end with a scooter, taxis also organised a trip to the full moob party for 1500 bht each which turned out to be awsum value for money. Food available there and great cooked by tony mum. I'll stay there again no worries :))

• 15th Feb 2014

This hostel was absolutely amazing! The hosts - Tony and his mum - were superfriendly and welcoming, they took great care of us. Tony could have made it an expensive hotel, but instead, he had made it a hostel. Thank God for that! The location is a bit off-route, but you can rent a scooter at the hostel for a good price and it's a nice way to explore the island.

• 29th Jan 2014

After staying in 100+ hostels, this is my 1st review. That's how much I think you should stay at Ananas. What makes Ananas special is the owner, Tony. The hostel owners I've met are usually similar: friendly (but a little cold), helpful (but still not your friend), and perhaps a little strange. Tony is the first hostel owner I've met - anywhere in the world - that I would really be friends with. The reviews are accurate: Ananas Hostel is great... because Tony knows exactly how to run it.

• 27th Jan 2014

The location of Ananas is actually a bonus. Lamai and Chaweng where most hostels are located, are big party areas, but not the nicest parts of Samui. If you're kitesurfing, this is where to stay. The wilder sides of the island are only minutes away on a bike that you'll easily rent. The place is squeaky clean, and Tony and his mum are lovely hosts who actually care about you enjoying your stay. This is one of the few memorable hostels I have seen around the world. Highly recommended.

Thank you very much. We really appreciate your rating and recommendation. We are glad that you had a great time staying with us and the kitesurfing. Hope to see you again in the nearest future. Best regards,

Our stay at the Ananas Samui Hostel was very nice. The hostel has a pool and very nice commen place. It is very easy to get to know there new people (familiar mood). But it isnt very close to something. You always need to rent a car or a motorcycle or go by cab.

I spent four wonderful days at Ananas. This hostel is by far one of the cleanest and nicest I have ever been to. The pool is big and very well taken care. Both Tony and his mother are incredibly kind, hardworking, and extremely helpful. It is a bit out of the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui but if you rent a scooter you can go to the louder/busier parts of the island. It is pretty close to some beautiful waterfalls and about a ten minute walk to the beach. A great spot to relax and meet people!

• 15th Jan 2014

Maybe the best hostel where I have been. A really nice hidden hostel, super clean, with comfortable rooms, nice pool, decorations... The staff is EXTREMELY nice: they helped us organizing our tours and trips, rent us a vespa... The only thing is maybe the location but then you get to ride scooters to explore which is pretty cool I would definitely come back and recommend it!

Tony is incredible organized and helpful and his mother is an awesome coo When I first walk in the hostel I thought I was in the wrong place, I thought I had walked into a spa. It was great to chill out around the pool and meet people. I had a great time at this hostel. It was great to have a break from all the busy places and relax for a bit, I just felt I was home. The complementary breakfast is awesome and also helps to interact with others. I would definitely go back to ananas. Thanks tony.

Gorgeous hostel, very clean and Tony and his mom are super sweet! The location is less than ideal though and I think because of that it's a little overpriced, but overall I enjoyed my stay there.. it's nice if you want to get away from all the tourist stuff anyways.

I loved it here!! After the bus dropped me off almost 2miles away had to walk in the dark in very out back villages! I was bit scarred and very tiers.Eventually I found the hostel. Tony the thi guy who owns it was so welcoming and spoke perfect English.The hostel was spotless it was th cleanest one IV ever been in! Its got s lovely swimming pool,bar,and his mother cooked wonderful meals very cheap as well.Everyone in the hostel was happy sad we ll become one big family .IL definitely be back!!

• 8th Jan 2014

I have really enjoyed my stay in this hostel! The hostel is really clean and neat and the staff is absolutely wonderful. They're really friendly and hospitable. It is not in the city area, so you have to rent a motorbike/scooter to get somewhere (you can rent them in the hostel) but everyone on the island rents one anyway. It is really a place where you can come to rest and relax. The food is AMAZING. It has a good price and a great quality! Also, the hostel is a short walk to the beach.

Thank you very much for your rating. We really appreciate your comments and recommendation. It is our pleasure to have you here with us. The best part for us is to see you having a great time every day staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the nearest future. Best regards, Ananas Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3