Anandamayi Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Calle 9 No. 2 - 81 (antigua), Bogota, Colombia

I didn't enjoy my stay. First, this is more like a wellness or spiritual retreat than a hostel. There are a fair number of rules, like not having alcohol on the premises, there was chanting music playing, and it was eerily quiet all the time. Second, they ask you to pay a 10% 'voluntary' tip upfront when you check in. this felt rude and presumptuous. Third, when they cleaned my room, they rearranged all my things, and they left the windows open for other guests to possibly reach in to take stuff

Spotlessly clean place with amazing breakfast. It was very quiet when I was there so you an count on a good sleep. There is lots of common room, but I saw little interaction, as majorify of people were out. Location is convenient for the two museums, less so for transfering to airport. Staff is nice and try their best, even though they dont speak english well.

Highly recommend. The staff is extremely helpful and they keep the hostel very clean. They are awake all night and the door can only be opened if they open it. Even this level of security is not a hassle because they are always available without complaint to open the door. I have been here for 3 days and the patrons have generally been quiet and respectful. It is not a party crowd.

Lovely place! Beautiful gardens, kind and accommodating staff, clean rooms. An oasis in the big city of Bogata while still very close to the Centre.

• 8th Jan 2016

a good quiet hostel, but not for party and limited social opportunities

Good laid back hostel in the old part of town. Rooms were clean, showers mostly hot and staff tried to help where they could.

It was a bit different than I expected, given the high reviews. There were tons of teas available for breakfast, the hammocks were very relaxing and the garden was beautiful. However, it was extremely quiet - I don't think anyone there spoke above a whisper the entire time we were there. The beds were very uncomfortable and the front door doesn't open automatically so you have to wait for the staff to open or close it every time. I never really felt comfortable there.

Lovely chilled out hostel, the ladies running it are very lovely and helpful, made sure to give the optional tip at the end to help out. It feels like more of a retreat, very quiet and tranquil and a perfect place to relax and chill out, not the place to party, if you want a party atmosphere you should get another hostel but even though I usually prefer a party atmosphere I loved this hostel. 6 bathrooms with hot showers 24/7, fast and plentiful wifi, superb breakfast and really comfortable beds

Second time i stay here, but it was a bit different. The staff during the night shift, stayed all night walking around and twice i woke , then i noticed that she was cleaning a bathroom 4:50 AM. I just couldnt believe, but what could i do. I suggest to do cleaning during normal times. Other suggestion is about the 10% tip charged when we arrive. I felt pressured to pay it and how can a person pay IN ADVANCE a tip, if the service wasnt even done. Just my suggestion. At the end was very good.

Loved our stay! Great location, very beautiful place with an extremely helpful staff! Can't recommend highly enough

• 25th Nov 2015

Incredibly well maintained hostel located in a convenient location in La Candelaria. The staff were very helpful and were quick to assist with requests. I also love the fact that the hostel employs single mothers and offers education assistance. What a great way to help the community!

A very beautiful and tranquil hostel. Very clean and good amount of bathrooms. Kitchen facilities are plentiful and a wide choice of breakfast items. Free teas and coffe is a great touch. We felt very safe and comfortable here and right in the centre of the Candalaria district. Would recommend to anyone!

An amazing hostel! I've stayed at over 40 hostels now and rank this among the best. That said, this is not a party hostel and is very quiet (no music or other noise).

Great Hostel! Rooms were in good condition. Staff was very helpful and provided excellent recommendations for restaurants and methods of transportation. Very close to the metro and plenty of things to do around. Place had many amenities and was never lacking something to do. Had a bar, ping pong, pool, hammocks, etc.

Very quiet place a bit out of historical center, making it perfect stop for one searching for a good sleep and friendly atmosphere. Eggs for breakfast - brilliant idea in South America - I have missed them so much.

Great place. Will be my chice again.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Israel

Lovely hostel

Truly lovely place. I came to Bogota for a weekend business trip, but arrived a day early just to hang out. One night in Anandamayi before having to go to some fancy business-y hotel...? Anandamayi was eons better. Great vibe, beautiful garden courtyards, totally safe, super sweet staff, walkable neighborhood, nice facilities... I would definitely come back! Thank you!

Super relaxing !

Absolutely lovely staff and a very very nice hostel, incredibly comfortable and clean. The road is quiet so it is recommended that you return by taxi at night.