Anchi Guesthouse & Apartments Reviews

Obala Ivana Pavla II 23, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The apartment was quite big, very comfortable and very equipped. The only flaw is the location. By one side, it is good location for being so close to the bus central station and the harbor. But it is bit far from the old town. Around 30min walking.

This is a place perfect for a traveller who is looking for a homely feel as the owner feels like she is a family member. For a one night stay i would not recommend this place. There isn't a particularly sociable atmosphere and the location is very far from the main town.

Best guesthouse/hostel I have stayed at in over 3 months. Huge rooms, fully functional kitchen, tv, good WiFi connection. Minute walk from ferry port and bus station. Decent hike from old town, but unless you're really lazy it's not a hard walk and price couldn't be beat. Best bang for your buck no doubt in Dubrovnik. Not too mention Anchi, the woman who practically runs the whole thing treated everyone like family. Everyone in the hostel was calling her grandma by the second day.

hospitality is great, very friendly staff /owners of the hostel

The host is super friendly. They help me wash my laundry with me even asking. Free beer and food immediately after you check in. Free coffee upon request. I really like them! The money is well spent in every penny. Just the room 1 is quite noisy at night. People drive crazily and always the braking sound will haunt you awake. If possible, choose a room with air-con

It was a nice hostel for a good price. It was sort of on the edge of town, but I wasn't too worried about it. Dubrovnik is small enough, so I was still able to walk everywhere. The hosts were wonderful. The woman kept giving new arrivals a drink and some food. She was very sweet. I enjoyed my stay there.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Perfect night stay for me as I was after a transit hostel before I flew out. Closecto bus station, supermarket and cafes. I was lucky enough to have tge 4 bed form to myself.

It's quite far from the Old Town, but everything was good. I'd recommend it if you're on a budget.

This is a place that make you feel at home!. You have kitchen available and laundry if required. even you can get your hair done by Anci, the owner. It is in front of the Port and some steps from the bus station.

Very cozy little apartment style guesthouse. There is a family who owns and lives in the place, and the mom is great. She made me pancakes and did my laundry for free! They also let me stay there way past my checkout while I waited for my ferry. Only thing is it's a little far from Old Town.

Anchi is wonderful: hospitable, caring, friendly and nice. She and her family made me feel at home and were extremely helpful during the four days i spent in one of the appartments, enjoying all the facilities a traveller could need. The location is perfect for those who prefer to stay out from the touristic fuss and it´s just in front of the bus station. I walked to to centre and back every day but you can also easily catch a bus.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Russia

The rooms were clean and spacious. There was a kitchen and bathroom to each bedroom but no common room for all guests to use. The beds were quite uncomfortable and it is quite a distance from the centre, but the bus is easy to catch.

The family that owned the Hostel was really nice and helpful. I stayed in the 4-bed dorm and it was more like an apartment, with a small living room, a kitchen and a bathroom. If you don't mind walking, it is possible to walk to the old town of Dubrovnik, it takes aroung 25 minutes and you have a nice view across the port and the sea. Otherwise there are three buses going frequently. The Hostel has a relatively good price and you get good value for money.

Such a good place to have some peaceful holidays in Dubrovnik. Anchi is an amazing host. Thanks again! Hvala!

A nice place, big rooms, high ceilings, very close to the bus station. The hostess is very kind, friendly and helpful.

The owner was really nice and got us a 3 island cruise organised with a discount. It was a good stay and we were lucky that we had the place to ourselves. We shared the first night with another guest but I wouldn't have liked to share the other nights with anyone.

• 7th May 2014

good to stay, but they should have some better cooking facilities, especially dish washing liquid was not available.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »