Anchor Lodge Backpackers Reviews

448 Wharf Road, Coromandel, New Zealand

One of the best hostels we've stayed in. Comfy beds, a spotless kitchen, friendly staff and a good location. There was even a kiwi tree outside our door! Only small complaint is the wifi is on the expensive side.

Nice & quiet hostel.

Great place, met a ton of nice people on nye that I hung out with. Would definitely stay again

If people do not lock the rooms its open to the public with no locks there!.as came away for quiet from city life but as soon got to the desk this the Taiwan girl at the desk had a chip on her shoulder I ask is there free bike hire ?ans yes(which it said on website no mileage said on there). Then asked how far hot water beach she said your not cycling there (50k Too far thanks) . So nxt day asked if can use bike same Taiwan girl said no! How disrespectful so was forced to walk everywhere

A lovely place to stay. The staff were helpful and all the facilities were really clean. We had a lovely double room with a door out on to the balcony, the bed was comfy and the room spacious. There's also a great pool and hot-tub!

Hostel staff were there a little past closing time to help me check in after a long day driving...nice touch that was very much appreciated. The room I was in lacked electrical outlets near the beds but that's only a minor point; beds were very comfortable and facilities were very good. Highly recommend this spot to anyone traveling through Coromandel!

Right in the center of Coromandel but very poor client service.When arriving we had to carry our blankets to the room under the rain.we had trouble to find the dorm which was cold, smelly and messy. We were not informed there was a pool and sauna .The kitchen had dirty fridges and counters .

Most peaceful hostel I've ever stayed in. They got few nice woofing staffs who are super friendly. also they got great location, free legit bike, huge parking lot. free hot spa and great hostel owners. But I wish they had OVEN. Other than that, i love this place and i will choose here again for sure