Anchor Lodge Backpackers Reviews

448 Wharf Road, Coromandel, New Zealand

Hostel staff were there a little past closing time to help me check in after a long day driving...nice touch that was very much appreciated. The room I was in lacked electrical outlets near the beds but that's only a minor point; beds were very comfortable and facilities were very good. Highly recommend this spot to anyone traveling through Coromandel!

Right in the center of Coromandel but very poor client service.When arriving we had to carry our blankets to the room under the rain.we had trouble to find the dorm which was cold, smelly and messy. We were not informed there was a pool and sauna .The kitchen had dirty fridges and counters .

Most peaceful hostel I've ever stayed in. They got few nice woofing staffs who are super friendly. also they got great location, free legit bike, huge parking lot. free hot spa and great hostel owners. But I wish they had OVEN. Other than that, i love this place and i will choose here again for sure