Anda Guesthouse Reviews

Qiaokao Xi Jie, Saihan District, Hohhot, China

Nice little guesthouse in a good location, nearby lots of restaurants etc, and they do great tours to the surrounding areas such as the desert and the grasslands. Did the desert tour and had a great time!

I would definitely go back to ANDA without a doubt. It's a bit funky. Clutter all over. Plumbing upstairs did not work well. No towels. Beds hard. But it's a hostel. Location is GREAT! Near "restaurant" street. We found a couple "western" style bars to have a drink. Mongolian restaurant around the corner was great. Menu all in Chinese. Young man wrote out dishes he thought we'd like and we showed it to the waiter. Very helpful.

The 3-day/2-night tour had some major problems. Our van broke down on the way from the grasslands to the temple, and it took almost 2 hours for another one to arrive. Later, we were supposed to spend a night in the desert, but we ended up staying in a grimy (love?) hotel instead. On day 3, we only had 2 hours in the desert before we had to leave. After a long discussion with the manager upon returning to the hostel, he very reluctantly agreed to refund each of us 200元 (out of 1130元 paid).

I really enjoyed my time at the hostel. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. I went on one of the tours they offer which was fun. Also with it being a friendly atmosphere it's easy to interact with other travellers.

Very nice place to stay Really feel like home when you here:) Especially for the staff, they are very very very nice and helpful. But when the guesthouse is full, toilet amount is not enough .

We came from Hong Kong. Anda hostel is great and we love to live here again! All staff is very helpful and easy-going. We especially give big thanks to Brian, who are the one of staff. He helped us a lot.

Anda is such a cool place, I really wish I had the opportunity to spend more time there. Located across the road from the best restaurant street in Hohhot, the guesthouse is in such a prime location. bus routes no more than 5 mins walk service the entire cirty. Anda is not like any other hostel, it truly is a guesthouse. The friendly staff live in the house and love to chat with you. I learnt a lot about inner Mongolian culture from the staff here. Overall an awesome place to stay!!!

Facilities were homestyle. Take advantage of the amenities that are available for extra charge because if u don't speak Chinese or mongolian then it's hard to ask at nearby stores! They have milk wine, mongolian vodka by the shot and other stuff. I Highly recommend the grassland tour. It was so peaceful there! Our guide Hogzil was the best. He deserves extra pay for what he does!

• 7th Sep 2014