Anda Guesthouse Reviews

Qiaokao Xi Jie, Saihan District, Hohhot, China

The 3-day/2-night tour had some major problems. Our van broke down on the way from the grasslands to the temple, and it took almost 2 hours for another one to arrive. Later, we were supposed to spend a night in the desert, but we ended up staying in a grimy (love?) hotel instead. On day 3, we only had 2 hours in the desert before we had to leave. After a long discussion with the manager upon returning to the hostel, he very reluctantly agreed to refund each of us 200元 (out of 1130元 paid).

I really enjoyed my time at the hostel. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. I went on one of the tours they offer which was fun. Also with it being a friendly atmosphere it's easy to interact with other travellers.

Very nice place to stay Really feel like home when you here:) Especially for the staff, they are very very very nice and helpful. But when the guesthouse is full, toilet amount is not enough .

We came from Hong Kong. Anda hostel is great and we love to live here again! All staff is very helpful and easy-going. We especially give big thanks to Brian, who are the one of staff. He helped us a lot.

Anda is such a cool place, I really wish I had the opportunity to spend more time there. Located across the road from the best restaurant street in Hohhot, the guesthouse is in such a prime location. bus routes no more than 5 mins walk service the entire cirty. Anda is not like any other hostel, it truly is a guesthouse. The friendly staff live in the house and love to chat with you. I learnt a lot about inner Mongolian culture from the staff here. Overall an awesome place to stay!!!

Facilities were homestyle. Take advantage of the amenities that are available for extra charge because if u don't speak Chinese or mongolian then it's hard to ask at nearby stores! They have milk wine, mongolian vodka by the shot and other stuff. I Highly recommend the grassland tour. It was so peaceful there! Our guide Hogzil was the best. He deserves extra pay for what he does!

• 7th Sep 2014

Excellent staff, they will do any things for you, good location for buses and food, I will recommend this hostel

overall pretty nice quite a walk to the bus stations though. you can go in and out whenever you'd like. shower water was a bit of a chore but not the worst. didn't have local breakfast! there is a local place just around the corner....but still.

Great value for the money, the staff are very helpful with bookings and trips. Would stay here again.

Very nice place to stay in Hohhot ! anda guesthouse is an oasis in the middle of a noisy city .. The staff is very helpful and friendly :)

Great place, cozy and intimate, with amazing english-speaking staff and reasonably-priced tours. Showers are spacey, common room a bit less so but has cable TV with foreign channels, maps, games and books for sale. The building is a bit old but very well taken care of. Slightly hard to find at first, which is offset by its being just behind Restaurant Street and not too far away from a train ticket office. You can see it's a place built with care and love. Worth a stay if you're in Hohhot.

The people were lovely, organised an excellent tour, had great advice. Could have been cleaner, but a great stay

The staff is very nice and the location is good, but I think that the room is expensive compare to the facilities - shared shower, very simple and hard bed with almost no mattress, the TV is from the 60's (didn't even try it) and in general there is nothing in the room besides a bed. The good point was the trip - which is very nice besides a few points: 1. The only authentic meal we had was 1 breakfast, the rest was plain 2. With the price we paid - we expected free water

I liked a lot the liquor from Inner Mongolia that I drunk, and in general, the staff are very friendly people. Congratulations!!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Costa Rica

Booked three nights but checked out the second morning. The room was intolerably hot without an A/C for Hohhot in July. The facility is very basic with almost disfunctional shower on the second floor and unlockable bedroom doors. However, if you are looking for a place to meet young international travelers, Anda is a great place to be. Staff there are very helpful.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • China

The dryer was broken and I went to sleep with my hair wet for two days. The water flows was quite small when taking shower. Though everything was fine. The location and staff are really nice.

I thought the hostel was very good. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the operators spoke excellent English, and they made the place very comfortable. It's in a good neighborhood, with plenty of shops to purchase food (even a Western store). The tours they are operating are good value for the money. My only complaint is with the bathrooms. Very bad. I mean, to the point of not being hygienic. Those need to be fixed. Otherwise, a good place to stay.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very friendly hostel, provides fantastic tours to the grasslands. Facilities are a little shabby particularly for the price.

Staff helpful Price reasonable Location is a bit distant from the city center, but the Mongolian clothing street nearby is an attraction for girls!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

We really enjoyed our stay at the Anda Guesthouse. We joined a tour to the grasslands and our guide Brian did a great job showing us around. The Anda Guesthouse is very pleasant and the staff overall is very helpful. We had a double room with shared bathroom and unfortunately the bathroom is not clean and it really smells badly. The breakfast which is included is not really a breakfast and as such it should not be advertised as such.