Anda Guesthouse Reviews

Qiaokao Xi Jie, Saihan District, Hohhot, China

Great atmosphere! Staff is friendly in a Chinese way :P

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Nice staff, but not the most helpful. I can't add much more to the rest of the reviews. The directions on the website and even on the map we were given was real bad. Even the taxi driver couldnt figure it out and we had to call the hostel. The toilet smelt real bad, we had to keep the door closed. Bad value for money as far as China goes, but it was a pretty cosy place to hang out. Great place to do all the tourist trips...

Stuff is well prepared,kind and helpful. It is a good place where to make friends. The free breakfast is bread and jam: really good. The only bad thing is that when i was there there was no water to take shower.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I can't say enough about the friendliness of Anda's staff, relaxed atmosphere, and the incredible beauty of Inner Mongolia (grasslands, city, people, food, and all). Don't hesitate when choosing to come here -- after visiting the grasslands you'll find yourself wishing you didn't have to leave.

i should have stayed in a chinese hotel where i can have a private room and bathroom, with proper services, for the same price. for example, chinese hotels provide showers that can be used in the morning and during the day, not only at night. they also provide air conditioning. there are only 2 bathrooms in this hostel, which is a big time waster.

• 3rd Jul 2015

it is very inconvinient to reach bus stop and city centre. The pick-up fee from train station to guesthouse is too expensive. As apparently, it is not that far from the east train station. We took a taxi from guesthouse to the east train station and it only cost us ¥25.

The staff is very friendly and all speak English really well. The bed and room was comfortable. I re come taking the grasslands tour with the hostel. They take you to yurts that are more remote and away from the crowds. Great value for the money

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very accomodating staff, with fluent english. Sleeping in the private room felt like sleeping in someones home. Good experience throughout.

• 24th May 2015
  • Denmark

Staff is NOT friendly and helpful. Very expensive for the money you pay.

one and only one hostel which you can find in Huhhot through Hostelworld. Just so-so. The staffs are nice but there are only 2 bathrooms in the whole hostel, which mean you have to wait a bit in the peak season.

It's overpriced compared to other hostels in China, but the vibe is good and I had a very good time overall. Thanx for everything guys!

Nice place to stay, friendly staff and atmosphere. Bad points: bathrooms and wifi connection need to be improved.

The atmosphere was perfect. It felt like home while I stay there. I lover to stay there the days that I stayed in Hohhot.

I joined the one-day grassland tour which pretty much consisted of eating lunch and shooting darts. There was an option to ride horses (not included in the 380 rmb price). We arrived at the destination and basically set down to eat, after which we went outside to shoot darts. We recieved a few minuts of explanation about Gingis Han and that's it. The guide was nice and answered quesiones, but for 380 rmb yould expect a little more information about the Mongolian culture. Disappointing...

I really enjoyed my stay at Anda Guesthouse although I was there off-season. The staff, especially Dimples, is soo nice and the decor cozy, it makes you feel home immediately. Definitely recommended!

What can I say - this place, its staff - fantastic!!!