Anda Guesthouse Reviews

Qiaokao Xi Jie, Saihan District, Hohhot, China

Comfortable beds. Toilet had a funky smell though. Loved the 2d1n grassland & desert tour. Worth taking it! The hostel is well located. It is opposite the restaurant street and there are many markets and banks around.

I really liked our stay at Anda Guesthouse! The tour we booked (2 days Grassland + Desert) was well organized and the stay in the Grassland with the Mongolian family was just amazing. The atmosphere in the hostel was great! I would recommend it to everyone :-)

Personals of the hostel were too bad, a lot of scams in the hostel : if you don't want to have problems, avoid this hostel.

Overall not a bad place to stay. Not too far from the train station (East one is slightly far) and near some major bus routes. Good restaurant street around the corner also. However, I had problems using the showers which lacked pressure and sometimes hot water. If you stay in a single room bring a padlock as the doors had no locks. Overall, for what I paid it wasn't too bad. Apparently the one night grassland tour was amazing, I didn't do it but some other guests did.

Great atmosphere! Staff is friendly in a Chinese way :P

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Nice staff, but not the most helpful. I can't add much more to the rest of the reviews. The directions on the website and even on the map we were given was real bad. Even the taxi driver couldnt figure it out and we had to call the hostel. The toilet smelt real bad, we had to keep the door closed. Bad value for money as far as China goes, but it was a pretty cosy place to hang out. Great place to do all the tourist trips...

Stuff is well prepared,kind and helpful. It is a good place where to make friends. The free breakfast is bread and jam: really good. The only bad thing is that when i was there there was no water to take shower.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I can't say enough about the friendliness of Anda's staff, relaxed atmosphere, and the incredible beauty of Inner Mongolia (grasslands, city, people, food, and all). Don't hesitate when choosing to come here -- after visiting the grasslands you'll find yourself wishing you didn't have to leave.

i should have stayed in a chinese hotel where i can have a private room and bathroom, with proper services, for the same price. for example, chinese hotels provide showers that can be used in the morning and during the day, not only at night. they also provide air conditioning. there are only 2 bathrooms in this hostel, which is a big time waster.

• 3rd Jul 2015

it is very inconvinient to reach bus stop and city centre. The pick-up fee from train station to guesthouse is too expensive. As apparently, it is not that far from the east train station. We took a taxi from guesthouse to the east train station and it only cost us ¥25.

The staff is very friendly and all speak English really well. The bed and room was comfortable. I re come taking the grasslands tour with the hostel. They take you to yurts that are more remote and away from the crowds. Great value for the money

• 1st Jun 2015