Andarilho Oporto Hostel Reviews

Rua da Firmeza n� 364, Porto, Portugal

The location of the hotel and staff were great! We were really welcomed by the friendly girl at the reception who spend some time showing us on the map where we should go sightseeing around and how to get there! Most sights were within walking distance such as the tower and the bridge. The metro was also very close to get to the hostel.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Hello, this was my third time there and like the two times before, i loved staying there. The next time i need to stay the night in Porto, i'll definitly stay in there (Hostel Porto Andarilho)

• Portugal

The worst hostel I've ever been to or heard about. What is odd considering that I checked plenty reviews before nd it all sounded about ok. But trust me, you have no reason to choose this one. The whole place smells like dust and everything seems really dirty. The sheets had stains and hairs; we were told they dont clean then. The staff in poorly prepared. We tryed to reach the owner over a complaint (several times) and he didnt returned our calls or anyth. Oh, and the heaters just dont work.

• 4th Dec 2014

Very affordable especially with the breakfast included! Staff were nice and helpful. One bathroom for 10 people, is a bit strange, but not unworkable. If in Porto again, I'd repeat!

• 4th Dec 2014

It was so great , so I decided stay one week more =)

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Great staff~

This was an excellent hostel in the centre of Porto. The dorm , en-suite and common areas were very spacious and the whole building was methodically restored. The staff were really helpful especially Finn and if I was looking for a hostel manager I would choose him for the job.

A place where things happen. You can ask for anything that they will help you. And if you don't to leave the hostel the beer is just 1 euro.

Really lovely hostel where was so clean. Atmosphere was so friendly. Staff was helpful. Wifi was fast to get internet!

• 7th Oct 2014

If I return to Porto Id probably stay somewhere else because I didn't meet many people since there weren't tours organised involving the hostel. I went on several tours with Wild Walkers. The port tasting tour was good fun and €20. The other tours were walking tours which were very interesting.

Staff is great in Andarilho! Well equipped kitchen, great terrace and bar. Nice common areas. Spacious rooms. I felt like home. Would go back for sure!

Although the entrance is scary do not get fooled by it, the place is warm n welcoming. The owner was very helpfull (Although doesn't speak English) she was very kind n nice. The rooms were really spacious (6 bed dorm), with clean a arched toilets n baths.

Atmosphere is great, really nice people. However, staff are mostly volunteers so not really experts on anything but they were really nice and helpful. When entering the hostel it seems really nice, the kitchen is well equipped, the rooms however (or at least the one I slept in) had a somewhat moldy smell to it, I guess this came from the ensuite bathroom which didnt have a window.

This place is amazing, we had a great time in Porto, grace to the nice people we met there. The rooms and bathrooms are big and very clean, the garden is really cosy, the location is perfect. Special mention for the owner and the terrific decoration he self created. If you want to meet people and stay in a friendly and cute place, you should definitely book here!