7.5
Very Good 371 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 371 Total Reviews
Andarilho Oporto Hostel Located at Rua da Firmeza n 364, , Porto.
Portugal
Porto Porto 4000-225 Rua da Firmeza n� 364
75% 371
41.1510310 -8.6045372
    Rooms available

25th Jun 2016
7.4

The pics are old, the build is old and there's a lot of flies. However the staff is nice, the owner is very receptive, the hostel has a great location.

• England, Female, 31-40
14th Jun 2016
6.3

Friendly staff and good location near main shopping street and station, was a little too noisy at night ..... But it was the weekend so its understandable (just bring earplugs.) Only thing that bothered me was the cleanliness, apart from that it's decently priced.

• USA, Male, 31-40
13th Jun 2016
6.3

Nice ambiance but absolutely horrible cleanliness. There was a troop of mosquitoes in the center of the main area which means there is a serious lack of cleaning. The shower curtain had mold on it and the floor of the shower which is aluminum also had mold - for mold to appear on aluminum is SERIOUS lack of cleaning. The toilet seat seemed to not have been replaced in ages - there was no padding. And the toilet brush was practically yellow.

9th Jun 2016
7.4

The hostel is dirty, the cleaning lady has a very strange way to do her job. However, the great atmosphere made by the volunteers made my time there very good, and I wouldn't hesitate to return to Andarilho hostel. Thanks Giulio and Charley for having cooked cheesecakes, salads, fusilly, and all what you have done for the me and the other guests of the hostel !

2nd Jun 2016

Very friendly staff, good location and overall exactly as it says it will be. The lockers are really janky, easy to break into but I felt very safe and you can leave things super valuable with reception if you feel like lockers are not good enough. The free breakfast is nothing special but it's free so don't complain. I would easily stay there again . Toilets are not so clean but I've had worse.

• monilemor
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
1st Jun 2016
6.6

Since we entered the hostel we saw flies everywhere and felt a terrible smell. Mattresses and sheets were stained. Neither the room nor the bathroom had lightbulbs, only small lamps. The bathroom was dirty throughout the entire stay. The positive thing was the price, the location and friendly staff, otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Romania, Female, 25-30
15th May 2016
5.7

Everything felt rather dirty and not well-kept at all. The ensuite bathrooms are horrible - they don't seem to get cleaned, ever! They seem to run out of things like toilet paper or paper towels often. The beds were quite uncomfortable and shaky at the slightest movement. Some (or all?) of the staff are volunteer workers which means they might not be very preoccupied with the well-running of the hostel. However, there were enough useful shelves in the room and bathroom. Minimal breakfast.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
11th May 2016
5.4

The hostel is in a great location. I didn't find the staff to be overly helpful (when I asked when the first metro train came I was told- I don't know), no effort was made to try and help me. The beds were extremely lumpy, springs poking through. The rooms were very cold but extra blankets were provided. The kitchen was dirty. You get what you pay for- I wouldn't stay here again.

• valeriaross
  • Costa Rica, Male, 18-24
6th May 2016
5.1

This hostel was great located but that doesn't compensate the fact that the rooms hasn't been cleaned for days. Once the cleaning lady got in, opened the window and left without doing anything else. You can tell because men's hygiene product were in the bathroom and there was not a single men in our room after the 2nd day. Sheets had a smell and the kitchen too. I know it's not a big hostel chain but still, hygiene is very important! Breakfast very poor but free and no group activities.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2016

I stayed two nights in this hostel. I have to admit that I choose it for the price, I was traveling alone and I already knew that I usually don't spend to much time in the hostel so I wasn't searching to much confort. I was surprised because everything was over what I was expecting.