Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

A great place and exceptional location.

Highly recommended. Beds are very comfortable (probably the best in any hostels I've stayed in - I almost felt like I was at home). Staff are friendly and helpful. Great amenities, including pool table, bar, guitar, etc. Great location; across the street from a metro station, and most main attractions are a short walk away. Breakfasts are high quality. Bathrooms are clean; rooms have large lockers; wifi is reliable and fast. Only negative - can be nosiy at times (both from lobby and from street)

Really phantastic hotel with ideal location, nice clean room, good breakfast, young atmosphere. It would be better that WiFi would reach the room in the 4th floor; but in the hall it i very fast and efficient It should be possible to open the luggage room from inside: my wife was locked in and had to scream for coming out from it Lorenzo Enriques Milan - Italy

• 29th Nov 2014

Had a great stay at Andes, great staff, location and amenities! All you could want!

• 24th Nov 2014
  • bec_sean

Great location for exploring the sites.

Good hostel, well located with a good staff. Breakfast could be better. There could be more outlets in the rooms...

Everything great bar the noise from street and within! Its incredibly noisy but if you dont mind not sleeping then its excellent!

Really liked the free eve events the hostel put on including a free meal on a Wednesday which was great for meeting people.

If you like a party hostel this is probably for you NOT the right choice for me. The young crowd was having fun but no real quiet area available. Rooms very noisy with street noise. Take your own bottle opener.

We stayed here when they had their Circus Party and it was awesome! The hostel itself is in a great location and has a good kitchen. The breakfast was good, they have a buffet with fresh scrambled eggs. We did not find the staff very helpful tho.

Great value and good location. The street noise is a bit loud, but that is the sacrifice for a great value and great spot.

Nice! Love that dog!

• 12th Oct 2014

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in South America. Great location with bars, restaurants and supermarket nearby, and actually in front of the subway station! Everything just as it should be, helpful staff, and free pasta and wine on wednesday night.

Suggestions: more eletric outlets, wifi in the rooms.

The hostel is very noisy. I stayed here on 3 different occasions and every time it was very noisy. The windows are old so they let in a lot of street noise and the corridors have a really strong echo so you get a lot of noise from people talking outside the rooms. The bathrooms and kitchen were a bit dirty.

Absolutely no atmosphere in the common area. None of the bathrooms have paper towels or hand dryers.

Great location, with very comfortable and clean rooms. The staff was very helpful as well. The breakfast and the common area were the other positives to add. I would definitely recommend this hostel for a comfortable stay in Santiago even if I stayed only one night.

Nice Hostel at a great location near Bellas Artes metro station. Nice neighbourhood with Restaurants and Bars nearby. Helpfull staff in case you need anything.

The only problem I saw was the excessive noise of the streets - especially because of the garbage collectors. But, also, the party Black and White lasted too much time and caused too much noise. If the hostel purpose is a "party hostel", I think this should be clear in the advertising material. But, apart of the noise problem, the rest of our stay was perfect. Very pleasant staff, a nice structure and perfect location. Thank you for your hospitallity!

• 15th Aug 2014

Security issues during my stay. I went out to the bathroom (in front of the dorm) and shut the door. I didn't lock it since there was another person inside. When I got back, 2 min after I left, there was a man inside the dorm, going through my room mate's backpack and clothes. To make the story short: the man had robbed money from my room mate, who was asleep, and certainly would've taken more things if he had more time. The Hostel opens the door to anyone. The man clearly looked like a bum.