Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

Everything great bar the noise from street and within! Its incredibly noisy but if you dont mind not sleeping then its excellent!

Really liked the free eve events the hostel put on including a free meal on a Wednesday which was great for meeting people.

If you like a party hostel this is probably for you NOT the right choice for me. The young crowd was having fun but no real quiet area available. Rooms very noisy with street noise. Take your own bottle opener.

We stayed here when they had their Circus Party and it was awesome! The hostel itself is in a great location and has a good kitchen. The breakfast was good, they have a buffet with fresh scrambled eggs. We did not find the staff very helpful tho.

Great value and good location. The street noise is a bit loud, but that is the sacrifice for a great value and great spot.

Nice! Love that dog!

• 12th Oct 2014

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in South America. Great location with bars, restaurants and supermarket nearby, and actually in front of the subway station! Everything just as it should be, helpful staff, and free pasta and wine on wednesday night.

Suggestions: more eletric outlets, wifi in the rooms.

The hostel is very noisy. I stayed here on 3 different occasions and every time it was very noisy. The windows are old so they let in a lot of street noise and the corridors have a really strong echo so you get a lot of noise from people talking outside the rooms. The bathrooms and kitchen were a bit dirty.

Absolutely no atmosphere in the common area. None of the bathrooms have paper towels or hand dryers.

Great location, with very comfortable and clean rooms. The staff was very helpful as well. The breakfast and the common area were the other positives to add. I would definitely recommend this hostel for a comfortable stay in Santiago even if I stayed only one night.

Nice Hostel at a great location near Bellas Artes metro station. Nice neighbourhood with Restaurants and Bars nearby. Helpfull staff in case you need anything.

The only problem I saw was the excessive noise of the streets - especially because of the garbage collectors. But, also, the party Black and White lasted too much time and caused too much noise. If the hostel purpose is a "party hostel", I think this should be clear in the advertising material. But, apart of the noise problem, the rest of our stay was perfect. Very pleasant staff, a nice structure and perfect location. Thank you for your hospitallity!

• 15th Aug 2014

Security issues during my stay. I went out to the bathroom (in front of the dorm) and shut the door. I didn't lock it since there was another person inside. When I got back, 2 min after I left, there was a man inside the dorm, going through my room mate's backpack and clothes. To make the story short: the man had robbed money from my room mate, who was asleep, and certainly would've taken more things if he had more time. The Hostel opens the door to anyone. The man clearly looked like a bum.

The beds were extremely comfortable and each person had a good sized locker. The staff was really friendly and helpful, plus they accepted credit cards! The lounge area had a great vibe and it was a very easy hostel to meet people.

A very nice hostel, friendly people and good location.

Perfect hostel!

Staff were great, I enjoyed my stay. Really clean too

really nice and close to the metro. recommend it :)

I booked this hostel well in advance and notified the exact time that i would be arriving and when i got there, the door was locked so i rung the after hours doorbell and no one answered. I tried that for about 20 minutes before giving up. I was literally left stranded on the streets on my first night in santiago. I had to pay $90 to book a hotel room because i was without a phone and unfamiliar with the area so thanks a lot Andes hostel! Definately wouldnt recomend to any solo travellers.

• 3rd Jul 2014