Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

Great hostel. We stayed in a private, room was great, comfy bed, great shower. No wifi in rooms, well not 3 rd floor. Wifi in reception, chill area, worked really well. The hostel is in a really nice part of town. Would stay again!

Staff was not so helpfull about. I had a reservation for 3 people, supposed to stay in the same room, but one guy that should have left the hostel didn't do so. And my friend had to change rooms 3 times in 3 days.

This was the second time I came to stay at Andes Hostel. Good, friendly and helpful staff and location is fantastic! Would definitely stay there again.

I stayed at Andes for 3 nights in a private room with shared bathroom. The room and bathroom were all clean and everything was great in that regard. The day time staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. The two complaints I have are the night time staff is kind of rude and NO WIFI IN THE ROOMS. What's up with that? I moved hostels based on that reason alone.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Should have a elevator to go up with the luggage. The employees do not always know what are the best attractions of the city, average prices, which restaurants with the better cost-benefit, etc. Besides that, the hostel meets expectations and has a great cost-benefit.

Very clean. Excellent location. Information given in hostelworld.com were very helpful. No need to get a cab from the airport! It is easy to get to the bus terminal by public transport as well. Another pro are the events promoted at night to meet people lodged. Very helpful staff from cleaning to preparing the food. I had a little problem with my luggage in my flight. Andres from the reception, and the employee who worked in the office (girl) gave me the support until I could set things right.

Very clean, and spacious. Shame the rooftop terrace is no longer open. The cost of the hostel puts a lot of people off, but it is in a great location and has all the facilities needed. Downside is the wifi is only available in the reception and kitchen area.

The staff had no clue about anything... The seemed all new in town. Not helpful at all :(

Maybe a bit overpriced. Reasonably clean. Felt secure. A fun environment with friendly staff.

• 23rd Feb 2015

The photos are deceiving. The rooms are ok. The bathrooms have not been actually cleaned in weeks. Showers don't drain and some only have cold water. The kitchen is gross. The roof with the great photos on Hostel world had been condemned by the city. And the gentlemen that worked am shift with the long hair looked like he haven't slept in two weeks and always had a bad attitude. We paid the same amount and stayed the rest of our nights at Hostal Rado and had a great time! Good luck

Need more plugs in the room. There was no black-out on the windows. Staff was rude and never smile.

Simple, clean rooms, comfy lounging areas, great location. Would stay again