Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

1998 Total Reviews

We loved it, stay here. It is in the higher end of price, but it is worth it. A good breakfast, free dinner on Wednesday, with wine.. Nice big and bright rooms. Good kitchen, only downside is that the internet is only available in the common areas. Get that fixed and you might have one of the very best hostels.

Very good location and easy to find. The hostel was very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and it was quiet at night so no problems sleeping. I will go back.

Lacking a lot of things that were advertised, such as a bar, an outdoor space, and hot showers. The showers on the 3rd floor did not have hot water the entire week I was there, and for the last two days, no water came out at all. When we mentioned this to staff, nothing was ever done about it. The drains were constantly clogged and overflowing.

• 31st Mar 2014

The staff is really helpful and friendly. Location is perfect.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Venezuela

Staff was excellent help full but not all the thing. Example. Hostel doesn't had elevator ang I have one 20 kg luggage(I'm solo). After check in the receptionist did saw I have luggage but still walk off didn't help me take the luggage walk up to level 3! Check in time is 2pm have to wait another half an hour. Room was dirty and hot! And 24 hour noisy!! Because is in the centre just too noisy. I was stay in 6 female dorm the male toilet right in front of our room smell bad!

Great vibe and location, a little noisy but would stay again. Andreas was super helpful and made me feel very welcomed!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. The apartment I stayed in was clean and comfortable and great location.

• 25th Feb 2014

This is my favorite Hostel in the world. I stay there every year when I go to Chile. It is so convenient to the subway and it is in a nice neighborhood. as far security I guess I only put good rather than excellent only because the staff changes so much during each day it is impossible for them to know if the people entering are actually staying there. the shower heads are so insanely wonderful!!!!

Very comfy bed and what I imagine is the best possible location in relation to places of interest. Very noisy at night (from the street) - if you have any difficulty sleeping, forget about it. No social vibe - set upp of common areas too rigid so everyone plays with their phones and avoids eye contact. Worst critcism - they have a bar AND rooftop patio but NEITHER were staffed/open the whole time I was there... what a waste!

Location is great. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. Each floor has bathrooms and showers. Rooms are nice, big lockers. There is a lot of noise from the street, otherwise it's a good choice.

I really enjoyed my stay at Andes Hostel. The 6-bed dorms are quite spacious and the common facilities are good. The atmosphere in the hostel was also very nice. The most positive experience was the reception staff who were very professional and helpful. Taken into consideration that it is a hostel, the customer service in the reception was exceptionally good! Thank you for a great stay in beautiful Santiago.

Everything is really perfect. Fast wifi, good location, good mood, very clean, good facilities, except only one. In the room, no many electrical outlets.

The apartment was really nice, had everything that we wanted. Only think was that the internet didn't work, so we had to go to the hostel for it. Very helpful at the desk and the breakfast was good.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice hostel with good location at Bellas Artes metro station. Good staff. I had to leave early so I missed the breakfast. A bit noisy though on the street so we had to sleep with the windows closed but it was friday night so I guess it´s normal.

Nice hostel, close to down town, right across from metro station. Room was fine. No complaints, but nothing special.

The hostel was nice... but had I known how loud the Bella Vista barrio is all night long... would've stayed elsewhere.

Loved the hostel, the location is perfect opposite a metro stop and a walk from the fantastic Bella vista night life.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Andes hostel is located directly across from metro station, very easy to go anywhere in the city. Many good museums,parks, cafés, bars etc all within short walk. Hostel is nice and clean, lots of hot water, good beds. Breakfast included eggs,nice crusty fresh buns,juice,coffee and was always ready on time. Staff are friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

Big hostel with a lot of people! A little unpersonal, but still very helpfull staff who arranged the guest to get together. Good breakfast, but too little space for the guest to eat

Very efficient well run hostel, comfortable beds and clean spacious bathrooms. Staff very helpful and knowledge on the area, spoke good English which was great for our tired brains. Right next to underground which was helpful. Our only complaint was that the rooms were incredibly hot and airless and to keep them comfortable we had to sleep with the windows open, but the traffic was very loud and we didnt sleep well. some fans would have helped immesurably. Atmoshpere a bit dull at times.

« first « Prev 1 2 3