Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

2093 Total Reviews

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in South America. Great location with bars, restaurants and supermarket nearby, and actually in front of the subway station! Everything just as it should be, helpful staff, and free pasta and wine on wednesday night.

Suggestions: more eletric outlets, wifi in the rooms.

The hostel is very noisy. I stayed here on 3 different occasions and every time it was very noisy. The windows are old so they let in a lot of street noise and the corridors have a really strong echo so you get a lot of noise from people talking outside the rooms. The bathrooms and kitchen were a bit dirty.

Absolutely no atmosphere in the common area. None of the bathrooms have paper towels or hand dryers.

Great location, with very comfortable and clean rooms. The staff was very helpful as well. The breakfast and the common area were the other positives to add. I would definitely recommend this hostel for a comfortable stay in Santiago even if I stayed only one night.

Nice Hostel at a great location near Bellas Artes metro station. Nice neighbourhood with Restaurants and Bars nearby. Helpfull staff in case you need anything.

The only problem I saw was the excessive noise of the streets - especially because of the garbage collectors. But, also, the party Black and White lasted too much time and caused too much noise. If the hostel purpose is a "party hostel", I think this should be clear in the advertising material. But, apart of the noise problem, the rest of our stay was perfect. Very pleasant staff, a nice structure and perfect location. Thank you for your hospitallity!

• 15th Aug 2014

Security issues during my stay. I went out to the bathroom (in front of the dorm) and shut the door. I didn't lock it since there was another person inside. When I got back, 2 min after I left, there was a man inside the dorm, going through my room mate's backpack and clothes. To make the story short: the man had robbed money from my room mate, who was asleep, and certainly would've taken more things if he had more time. The Hostel opens the door to anyone. The man clearly looked like a bum.

The beds were extremely comfortable and each person had a good sized locker. The staff was really friendly and helpful, plus they accepted credit cards! The lounge area had a great vibe and it was a very easy hostel to meet people.

A very nice hostel, friendly people and good location.

Perfect hostel!

Staff were great, I enjoyed my stay. Really clean too

really nice and close to the metro. recommend it :)

I booked this hostel well in advance and notified the exact time that i would be arriving and when i got there, the door was locked so i rung the after hours doorbell and no one answered. I tried that for about 20 minutes before giving up. I was literally left stranded on the streets on my first night in santiago. I had to pay $90 to book a hotel room because i was without a phone and unfamiliar with the area so thanks a lot Andes hostel! Definately wouldnt recomend to any solo travellers.

• 3rd Jul 2014

A very good hostel, even if a private bathroom would be better!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Worth every cent, need made every day. Felt like home. A big Thanx to Pablo ande and liza. Made me feel at home in South America. Great for a beer

Definitely the best hostel I've ever been, great breakfast and great atmosphere, the only con is the weak Wi-Fi signal in the bedrooms but they claim this is on purpose to "make the people interact in the lobby".

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Loved this hostel. A very welcoming and comfy place. 2 seconds from Bella Artes station.

Had a great time staying here. Great location, the rooms are comfortable.

Great staff, great location, good place to get your feet in and really later back atmosphere you can party or cruise up to you :)

• 27th May 2014