Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

We stayed in the apartments across the street, with 3 guests. The third bed for our friend was just couch. The apartments showed lots of wear, linens were dirty, and towels smelled bad. It seemed linens and towels had been washed, but they were worn out, grey and smelled bad. One of the members of the front desk was helpful, however, one night we asked another front desk person for a restaurant recommendation and he did not know of one. Seemed strange he could not be more helpful.

The constant loud music playing in the common area was a distraction for people trying to work or just hang out or talk there. There were also a lot of people who, I don't think were guests of the hostel, just hanging around all day and night.

• 26th Nov 2015

I stayed for two nights. First, the location is very good. It's right next to Bellas Artes Station and you can get there easily. It's safe and walking distance to Plaza Armas. Second, Bedrooms are good. Bed is comfortable and they clean rooms everyday. Bathrooms are in poor condition and they need maintenance. Third, decoration in the hostel is modern and nice. There are 4 floors in hostel but there is no lift in the building. Breakfast is good. Last, staff are very kind and informative.

Breakfast included was good

The people at the reception are fine but tnot thatttt friendly or helpful, especially the girl, she just in charge of making sure you pay for the room.....not explanation of the facilities in the hostel or the town....

I honestly had the nicest stay. Rooms clean, bathrooms clean, good central location, booked for a 6 mixed dorm and somehow ended up getting our own double room. Such lovely, friendly staff. Didn't try breakfast but not really on the top of list for me.. Muy bien!

• 17th Oct 2015

Big but not noisy and in a pretty convenient location.

It's the second time I stayed in Andes Hostel, and it's one of the best I've ever stayed, probably the best in South America. The breakfast could be better, but it's still better than most.

Staff were not overly nice... Tried to say that my booking deposit would be refunded when it was clear that I only had to pay the difference but might have just been an inexperienced guy on the reception that day. Great location and clean. Only stayed for a night but would probably stay elsewhere when I come back to Santiago as this hostel is too expensive for what you get.

Zilch atmosphere and the staff had absolutely no interest in you. Changed hostels pretty quick sticks. Also although it was low season I felt like I was the only person in the hostel