Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

2093 Total Reviews

The location is great, and the building is beautiful, but the cleanliness of the bathrooms was lacking. It was also extremely loud till about 4 am, with no staff members trying to quiet anyone down. Overall, I think I had high expectations and this place feel pretty short of then.

This is a convenient and simple hostel for the tourist attractions and generally getting around Santiago. It is right in downtown which has bonuses and downfalls . The staff are great if you need anything, but otherwise are low key as it is a busy hostel. However it is very easy to meet people in the common room or you can keep to yourself if that is your preference as it is a well designed space. Once familiar with Santiago there are much nicer areas to stay in for nightlife and hanging out.

Great breakfast. Comfy beds. Lockers in dorms and luggage storage available. Some problems with the wifi during my stay but at least there were a few computer to use. Nice communal area which is good for meeting people.

This is the better hostel that i have already stayed. All the staff is excellent.(Andres, Gabi, Laisa and the uruguayan guy). Best location that i found in my experiences staying in hostels. Excellent kitchen and breakfast. Crazy atmosphere for parties. Everything very clean. I will be back soon to enjoy the good vibes from Andes Hostel and Santiago.

I had some great time there, meet some new friends. I was treated well since check in until check out. My accommodation was ok, clean room, my stuff was pretty secure, good bed that made me feel recovered from the whole day walking and visiting new places. I like all my stay. And I really want to thanks specially to Lisa and Andres .

• 17th May 2014

Andes is in a great location, right opposite from a subway station which takes you to anywhere in Santiago. Walking distance from the main square also! Security is great. Staff were super helpful with information about Santiago and very friendly. Cleanest hostel I've been in! Atmosphere is average. There is a common area but not really any socialising cause of older crowd. If you want to party do the Santiago Pub Crawl, it's pretty bad but you meet heaps of people and an excuse to get drunk! Ha!

Excellent location as it´s right next to Bella Artes metro station and is a 10 minute walk from the main plaza. The dorm rooms are comfortable and the beds are cleaned daily. The lockers provided are also large. The showers are hot and the bathrooms are clean. The breakfast consists of eggs, cereal, juice and coffee and is served from 7 30am until 10 30 am. The staff are English speaking and very helpful and there´s a downstairs communal area for chilling. This is the place to stay in Santiago.

Very nice Hostel for good money! Some people complained about the noise, but it didn't bother me at all (I got room facing the street.), and I consider myself a light sleeper. The only two things that bothered me a little were that there was only 1 wall socket for a 6 people dorm, and there were no shelves for the upper beds, which can be annoying sometimes. Apart from that, the staff was really helpful, and the location is really good! I would stay there again!

Wifi service was quite spotty. One time, the wifi didn't seem to be working for anyone and the desk staff said he fixed it but in fact hadn't. For the money the room we had was just okay and it was a rather noisy environment from inside and outside the hostel but we enjoyed our stay well enough. I would also like to commend one staff member, Liza, for being incredibly helpful during our stay. On more than one occasion she went above the call of duty to help us out. Great employee!

• 2nd May 2014

We are grateful for your feedback! We had been well aware of the wifi problem (as it was a problem for staff as well) but have since then found a new internet company with new technology, the installations are almost complete, it should be up and running soon. Also, much of the outside noise is out of our control but we will look into fixing that problem as well. We appreciate your comments and praise, hope to see you again soon!

Really nice hostel with a comfy common area, lovely hot showers and it was in a great location! Breakfast was a great surprise we didn't know it was included! Bathrooms were dark, especially when going in the middle of the night. Rooms has tvs with English speaking programmes. Would recommend this hostel for location and comfort.

• 1st May 2014

Thank you for your stay and review, we're always looking for ways to improve our establishment and we will be looking into fixing the lighting in our bathrooms.

Location is awesome but that's about the only good think about this hostel. Rooms at the front are facing a main road with nothing to block out the noise or light. Got the distinct impression this is a "money making" hostel.. Would be hard for me to recommend considering there are two or three better options within about 200m of this hostel so check your options.

Thank you for your comment, we are sorry your stay with us wasn't as pleasant as the majority of our guests' and for giving you the wrong impression of our hostel. We have been a competitive establishment for longer than most of our competition and are always looking for ways to improve. Our hostel will improve even further thanks to your review.

1 2 Next » last »