Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

Security issues during my stay. I went out to the bathroom (in front of the dorm) and shut the door. I didn't lock it since there was another person inside. When I got back, 2 min after I left, there was a man inside the dorm, going through my room mate's backpack and clothes. To make the story short: the man had robbed money from my room mate, who was asleep, and certainly would've taken more things if he had more time. The Hostel opens the door to anyone. The man clearly looked like a bum.

The beds were extremely comfortable and each person had a good sized locker. The staff was really friendly and helpful, plus they accepted credit cards! The lounge area had a great vibe and it was a very easy hostel to meet people.

A very nice hostel, friendly people and good location.

Perfect hostel!

Staff were great, I enjoyed my stay. Really clean too

really nice and close to the metro. recommend it :)

I booked this hostel well in advance and notified the exact time that i would be arriving and when i got there, the door was locked so i rung the after hours doorbell and no one answered. I tried that for about 20 minutes before giving up. I was literally left stranded on the streets on my first night in santiago. I had to pay $90 to book a hotel room because i was without a phone and unfamiliar with the area so thanks a lot Andes hostel! Definately wouldnt recomend to any solo travellers.

• 3rd Jul 2014