Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

2059 Total Reviews

Location is awesome but that's about the only good think about this hostel. Rooms at the front are facing a main road with nothing to block out the noise or light. Got the distinct impression this is a "money making" hostel.. Would be hard for me to recommend considering there are two or three better options within about 200m of this hostel so check your options.

Thank you for your comment, we are sorry your stay with us wasn't as pleasant as the majority of our guests' and for giving you the wrong impression of our hostel. We have been a competitive establishment for longer than most of our competition and are always looking for ways to improve. Our hostel will improve even further thanks to your review.

Stayed in one of the apartments - two twin beds pushed together and sheets that did not fit so we kept falling between the beds!! Also the floor of the apartment was filthy and we never got enough towels (we were 3 people but only got two towels each day)

Thank you for your stay with us, your comment has been taken into account with our adminstrator and will help us improve our Hostel and Apartments. Safe travels!

Perfect location, right next to the bella artes metro station and walking distance from all sights. Stayed in a 6 bed female dorm, everyone had a locker which feels secure - bring a lock ( if not they sell them in vending machine). It was low season when I went so there wasn't much going on social wise but they do a free meal every Wed with wine which was good

The hostel is very good, but there's nothing in the hostel to have fun, meet people.

Dear Guest, thank you for your stay and for your comment. We are sorry your stay wasn't as social as your expectations but we do have activities for our guests - some are free of charge, and are in the process of creating even more!

Excelent!!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Loved the place. Was recommended to us as being value for money, clean and safe. It was all of those. One and only gripe was that if you had a room facing the main road, it could get very busy and the doors failed to shut out the sound sufficiently. Only that though.

• 15th Apr 2014

Great location. Right across from bella artes metro and surrounded by restaurands and clubs (try the peruvian sandwich shop!). Staff so helpful. I will come back here for sure!

Really good location and clean and comfy place. It's an older crowd though so not much of a party hostel. I stayed here longer than planned

It's a great chilled hostel, friendly staff and great location..

Right next to bella artes metro stop which is very convenient. Has a pool table for free use which we liked.

Andes hostel was our first place we stayed when we arrived in South America. The hostel was clean, and the staff were helpful and provided information on things today in Santiago. Breakfast each morning was delicious. Great hostel!

We loved it, stay here. It is in the higher end of price, but it is worth it. A good breakfast, free dinner on Wednesday, with wine.. Nice big and bright rooms. Good kitchen, only downside is that the internet is only available in the common areas. Get that fixed and you might have one of the very best hostels.

Very good location and easy to find. The hostel was very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and it was quiet at night so no problems sleeping. I will go back.

Lacking a lot of things that were advertised, such as a bar, an outdoor space, and hot showers. The showers on the 3rd floor did not have hot water the entire week I was there, and for the last two days, no water came out at all. When we mentioned this to staff, nothing was ever done about it. The drains were constantly clogged and overflowing.

• 31st Mar 2014

The staff is really helpful and friendly. Location is perfect.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Venezuela

Staff was excellent help full but not all the thing. Example. Hostel doesn't had elevator ang I have one 20 kg luggage(I'm solo). After check in the receptionist did saw I have luggage but still walk off didn't help me take the luggage walk up to level 3! Check in time is 2pm have to wait another half an hour. Room was dirty and hot! And 24 hour noisy!! Because is in the centre just too noisy. I was stay in 6 female dorm the male toilet right in front of our room smell bad!

Thank you for your review, as a Hostel we are always trying to find ways to improve and your review will be noted. What we do ask is to please read hostel information before booking as different hostels will have different policies and we ask our guests to be a bit patient upon arrival so that every guest recieves the quality service we pride ourselves in. There aren't elevators in our hostel because it compromises the structure of our building. Thanks again for your stay and your input!

Great vibe and location, a little noisy but would stay again. Andreas was super helpful and made me feel very welcomed!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. The apartment I stayed in was clean and comfortable and great location.

• 25th Feb 2014

This is my favorite Hostel in the world. I stay there every year when I go to Chile. It is so convenient to the subway and it is in a nice neighborhood. as far security I guess I only put good rather than excellent only because the staff changes so much during each day it is impossible for them to know if the people entering are actually staying there. the shower heads are so insanely wonderful!!!!

Very comfy bed and what I imagine is the best possible location in relation to places of interest. Very noisy at night (from the street) - if you have any difficulty sleeping, forget about it. No social vibe - set upp of common areas too rigid so everyone plays with their phones and avoids eye contact. Worst critcism - they have a bar AND rooftop patio but NEITHER were staffed/open the whole time I was there... what a waste!