Andes Hostel Reviews

Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile

1999 Total Reviews

Great hostel, great location. Reception staff were very attentive and helpful.

The location is just great. The breakfast was really good. We had a double room, it was small but okay. They have the best rain showers ever!

The bathrooms had a weir smell, and some of the toilets and sinks were out of order. I didn't like that there wasn't WiFi in the bedrooms, and that you had to be in the common rooms to charge your phone or computer. I also didn't like the no alcohol rule, but it's understandable. But the staff were great, and it was a good hostel.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Norway

Great location and decent sized rooms but this place really lacked atmosphere. Plus wifi only worked in the living room so everyone just sat around on their phones and the rooftop was closed because of noise

I stayed in room 22 and there was no key for all the roommates. this was the only negative point, mainly because it is a simple matter to be resolved

• 31st Oct 2013

The location is excellent, in front at the Bellas Artes Subway. But, I arrived at 01 AM and they didn't have my booked room, and they changed me to an apartment in the other block without locker to put my things. On the other day, they changed me again to a different room because somebody has booked an entire room and I need to move. Then, in three days I occuped three different rooms. In some bedrooms you can't lock the door, and the showers has clogged drain.

• 30th Oct 2013

We stayed at one of the Andes Apts that are located a block away from the hostel which was nice as we are not in our mid 20s. The apt was small but slept 3 comfortably and was very nice-modern, clean, and very secure. We had a kitchen but breakfast was included at the hostel. It was centrally located. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and will be staying there again on our way back through.

• 30th Oct 2013

The location is the best! In front of Bellas Artes metro and very close to many interesting places, including Plaza Mayor. I recomend you take a tour with Matias, from Tour For Tips. You can take the free tour in English everyday at 3 p.m., in front of Bellas Artes Museum. Once you complete the tour Matias can arrange for you a free bicyle rental at La Bicicleta Verde.

• 29th Oct 2013

everything was good and everybody friendly and helpful. couldnt fault it.

• 24th Oct 2013