Andescamp Hostel Reviews

615 Huascar Street, Huaraz, Huaraz, Peru

This hostel didnt have much of an atmosphere when we stayed. The receptionist who was also a traveler did not know about our reservation, but let us check-in early. Staff were very cold and uninviting, they only spoke to you when you asked a question and made it seem like a huge inconvenience that you were asking them something. Breakfast is not served on Sundays, its their "rest day"! So if you only book on a Saturday night, breakfast is not included like it says on the website. Dont stay here.

I did not have the best of stays at Andescamp. It's located away from the center compared to most other hostels, the hostel was almost empty, and the staff did not appear to be very enthusiastic about their job. On one occation there was a miscommunication between the hostel and the travel agency about pick-up-point resulting in the tour being delayed one hour for everybody, including people from other hostels. Also they were unable to call a taxi for me. Pancake breakfast is amazing though!

really nice hostel and good value, it's cheaper when you just show up -18soles for a dorm- and the atmosphere is great! floors are a little dirty but will be immediately cleaned if you say something. go there!

Good hostel, a little out of town but only a 10 min walk to Plaza del Armas. Good breakfast included which is a bargain for 18 soles a night. Tour operator in the hostel also who can arrange excursions, we did Laguna 69 which was good. Also, can leve bags here while on longer treks.

Great hostel with a great staff. Great breakfast too. Unfortunately, I left after staying just one night because the wifi was not fast enough for my needs (I work whilst on vacation), but the staff helped me find a new place and were very good natured about my leaving. This shows just how nice of a place this is. About a 10 minute walk to the city centre.

Andescamp is BAD. I felt like they were always trying to rip me off. Everything, from TP to a shower after check out is an extra expense. The staff is awful, except for Yumar. I was very sick and had to cancel one of my outings resulting in a lack of compassion, BLATANT LYING to us by staff, and BAD feelings. I cannot recommend. They tried to charge us for THEIR room mistake just bc they would need to change the sheets. Lazy and bad service just bc they are "travellers". TERRIBLE PLACE

• 29th May 2014