Andescamp Hostel Reviews

615 Huascar Street, Huaraz, Huaraz, Peru

Good hostel, a little out of town but only a 10 min walk to Plaza del Armas. Good breakfast included which is a bargain for 18 soles a night. Tour operator in the hostel also who can arrange excursions, we did Laguna 69 which was good. Also, can leve bags here while on longer treks.

Great hostel with a great staff. Great breakfast too. Unfortunately, I left after staying just one night because the wifi was not fast enough for my needs (I work whilst on vacation), but the staff helped me find a new place and were very good natured about my leaving. This shows just how nice of a place this is. About a 10 minute walk to the city centre.

Andescamp is BAD. I felt like they were always trying to rip me off. Everything, from TP to a shower after check out is an extra expense. The staff is awful, except for Yumar. I was very sick and had to cancel one of my outings resulting in a lack of compassion, BLATANT LYING to us by staff, and BAD feelings. I cannot recommend. They tried to charge us for THEIR room mistake just bc they would need to change the sheets. Lazy and bad service just bc they are "travellers". TERRIBLE PLACE

• 29th May 2014

Great for booking tours but the design of the building means you will be woken up a half 5 everyday I'd book here but sleep elcewhere ps you have to provide your own toillet paper

• 15th Apr 2014

The best thing about Andescamp is, without a doubt, the amazing staff. They are very nice and helpfull, will always welcome you with a smile and will gladly answer your every question. Overall this is a cool and comfortable place to stay in. the DVD with lots of new and good movies adds a lot to the atmosphere. One down-part is that there are only two shared bathrooms, so several times I had to wait... I had fun there and would definetly recommend it to my friends :)

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for the nice comments, we love having cheerful and friendly customers like you were. We're sorry about the bathroom situation, we usually have 4 shared bathrooms but when you were here two of them were out of order due to water damage from the rainy season. However they are now in working order so hopefully no one will have to wait anymore. Again thanks so much for your comments! Saludos! :)

This was a great hostel for me. The place was clean and comfortable, nice free breakfast, and it was really convenient to book my trips around Huaraz with the included agency. The atmosphere was great too, the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful and I met a lot of cool other travelers there as well. Great place to stay and book your trips.

• 15th Mar 2014

There was not a good atmosphere at all. Very empty, lights were out in common places, no music, not cosy, the bathroom was even locked when we came back totally cold and wet from a trip. "Toiletpaper? We are tired of providing that!" And you don't feel very welcome with messages who say how much you have to pay for using the bathroom or the kitchen after checking out. I wonder what happened here before that people become like this!?