Anedin Hostel Reviews

Stadsgardskajen 156, Stockholm, Sweden

I was backpacking with my wife and her backpack was stolen from the hostes. The staff never closed the baggage room so anyone can enter and take anything. Also, we reserved room 53 witch is the "biggest room" of the hostel. The problem was not the small size instead was the smell fin the room and in the bathroom. I will not recomend this hostel to anyone.

This is an ship from 1958 and it looks like, that nothing was done since this time - unfortunately, because actually the ship looks nice (from outside) and the location is perfect. Only 5 min away from metro "Slussen" and 10 min from Gamla Stan. The rooms are very small, but that is normal in a ship. You have no or can not open the windows. My critic regards to the bad and dirty equipment the bath and the rooms. We stayed there several nights and no one cleaned the rooms or emptied the bin.

Brilliant Hostel! Although the room was compact for the two of us, it was all we needed, in a perfect location, friendly staff and was everything we needed for our stay in Stockholm! Great experience too, something different - I recommend!

We had a great stay, staff was very nice and we were comfortable and loved the location. We would recommend staying here however the bathroom floor was not very clean, and the walls are extremely thin, if someone two rooms down flushed the toilet it sounded like it was in your room. However those things weren't a big deal as the pros outweighed the cons for sure!

• 4th May 2015

A very expensive hostel for the its rate, probably an average one for Stockholm rate. Staff was just a receptionist taking your payments: no advice about the city, no information whatsoever, a very rude cook shouting at people during the most expensive breakfast ever (not included, 9 €). A cocktail bar was supposed to be there, but no one serving and therefore no cocktails or beers. A really BASIC hostel.

• 30th Apr 2015

We stayed at the hostel for just one night in a basic twin suite. It was very easy to find and we could check in late at night. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The only negative comment would be that attached shower/toilet was a little smelly. I would go back there the next time I am in Stockholm.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • India

The Hostel was alright. I spend 1 night there and it serves the purpose.

What to say about this hostel... We stayed in a private two bed room and THE BIG PROBLEM was that it was totally hot in there, without any opportunity to open a window, so we had to left the door wide open during the whole night to receive from breathable air!. Now you could say: "hey it's a boat, what did you expect man?" But still... i need to breath... The showers were awful! can't recommend the hostel... sorry.... The Staff was nice and courteous btw.

We only stayed at Ånedin for one night, but it was fantastic either way. This was my second time staying at Ånedin, and this time around I opted for a bigger private room, which was an excellent choice despite the slightly higher price. The breakfast was just as excellent as last time.

It was really cool and a perfect location since old Town gamla Stan is the best part of Stockholm. it was fool being on a boat and had good vibes, Stockholm as a whole feels super safe and on our 3rd night we went to a little nightclub with some Belgians we met on the boat and it didn't feel sketchy at all. although they were the youngest people we met on the boat there were some kind of old people which was a little weird for a hostel. overall it was satisfying

It may have been freezing outside, but our room was like an oven! It was so hot that it was really hard to sleep. There was no ventilation or separated shower-- there was just a shower head and a drain in the bathroom, which meant that EVERYTHING in the bathroom would get soaked. However, the breakfast was decent, and the hostel was in a great location. The boat never rocked or moved, so don't worry about seasickness!

Considering location and price, It is good place to stay due to vicinity of several museum. But, Sometimes you could hear your neighbor easily in the night!

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Iran

Loved my stay here! Awesome location to all parts of Stockholm. Great value for your money. Wifi only works in common areas and the shower is just a head in the bathroom so things might get wet. Good for a short stay though. Would definitely stay here again. Staff very helpful. Sheets and towels included for free.

The community room need more cleaning

Really great location, right next to Old Town. The staff was nice (we needed to use their printer last minute and they didn't charge us for it). The room was basic, with clean sheets and comfortable beds. The bathroom was small (though not the smallest I've seen) and clean, but being on a boat, there was a smell coming from the shower drain every time I flushed the toilet. The only real downside was that the wi-fi only worked in the lounge, not in the rooms.

• 23rd Feb 2015

really good location, smack in the middle. room felt like a coffin & on suite shower caused everything & anything to get wet due to room size. beds really comfy, good nights sleep!