Angel Hostal Reviews

Cumming 160, Valparaiso, Chile

I love staying here! Beautifully painted hostel, super location in the middle of what Valpo is known for. Breakfast is fine and enough for everyone, coffee is good. You only have to become friends with the shower to make sure you'll shower hot and not cold in the morning, but then it's fine... :-)

we fixed the shower ! finally ! lol !.... Dank und gute

Great location, nice design and great kitchen facilities.

Fantastic location, cosy and very welcoming hostel! The beds are so nice and breakfast is good too. Staff are amazing - would stay again! Not really a party place but I'm sure the staff would help you find that if that is what you wanted!

The shower-issue has been discussed, so I won't pick up on that. Other than that it was a very enjoyable stay, great staff as well. They give out keys to the room, a locker, the hostel itself - I felt very safe during the entire stay. I just couldn't eat any more white bread for breakfast, but that's Chile for you! ;-) One of the few places I would go back to!

The staff was so friendly and helpful, and the hostel was very clean and well maintained. It was located in a great part of the city, and the people who stayed there were very welcoming and fun. I am going to recommend this hostel to friends who want to visit Valpo.

• 24th Jul 2014

A better setup to sit and eat would be my main recommendation. The sitting area is small and feels more like a lounge area then a place to eat. Thanks for a great stay!

we are doing this downstairs and a new bathroom !...thanx u !

It was great experience and one of the best hostels we had stayed in in South America. The owner was just amazing helping us with all we needed to know about Valpro! I would suggest to look into the internet connection. It was fairly slow and would drop out every now and then. Would recommend.

This place was really good. As soon as we arrived, the girl who was working gave us a map and showed us so much information. That was so nice of her. The place is really clean and safe. The location is great. It is one street away from the great bar street. The common area is small but that's a good thing because it makes it easy to meet people if you just sit there after dinner. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, just need one more shower.

We are buiding downstairs ! thanx!

The staff was very friendly.I stayed three nights more because it was realy cool.The beds were comfortable and I slept well. The breakfast was ok. It would be better with fresh fruits.

Great Hostel. The staff were very helpful and gave a great introduction, showing lots of places on the map to go. The bathroom is big, although a bit old. Fruit is provided 24/7 in lieu of breakfast. I have wanted to stay longer but they were fully booked. (Stayed in June 2014).

Very very good location, nice staff and few bathrooms (2). We only stayed for one night, so not much to say

Really welcoming and helpful staff and great location. Good (if a little small kitchen). Friendly hostel and easy to meet other guests. Only complaints would be the shortage of bathrooms and the size of the common area. However really enjoyed our stay here. Our private room was a good size and I loved the wall art.

One of the guys that worked there (I wish I could remember his name) as sooo nice and helpful, one of my friends left her kindle there and they contacted me to tell me and sent it to our next hostel for free! Great location, good kitchen.

Fantastic place with really homely feel, only 2 mins from center. Could do with another shower or 2 though!!

we are working on it !...downstairs !...good trip & enjoy!

Fantastic location, very helpful and friendly staff. The private rooms looked incredible - we were in a 8 bed dorm which was good too. Don't forget your eat plugs, we never do so we were happy. Breakfast was yoghurts, corn flakes and cheese toasties, very nice and something different. Wifi very very good. We enjoyed our stay, only communal area a little small but only as outside was too cold to be. Kitchen was very very well stocked, so impressed.

We've stayed for just one night, but the staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was very lovely, clean and spacious with an interesting design. It also had it's own fridge, and a couple of wine glasses - nice touch! Very pleasant stay.

"Good" is the simple feedback. Location is fine, dorms are good and you can get a good night of sleep. I got the feeling that things were a little cramped with too many guests for the amount of space available. Breakfast is overcrowded with more people than seats and no suitable table for eating leaving many to eat with plates on their knees. An extra bathroom of 2 would be handy. The building works may sort some of these issues - but I'm reviewing based on how things were in April 2014.

It was a nice hostel, we stood there for only one night but they offer a really nice breakfast. It´s warm sándwiches out of the sandwichmaker. nothing special but different from almost all the other hostels. its a basic hostel but you have a lot of bars close and the staff always helps you when you have a question.

Top hostel in Valpo for a reason. Perfect location, comfy beds, massive bathroom (one only thou) and super friendly staff....what more do you need?

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts