Angel Hostal Reviews

Cumming 160, Valparaiso, Chile

Small hostel in the center. Beds are ok, atmosphere is good. Breakfast was poor and there is only one shower for 8 or more rooms. So there is a long queue every morning.

Everything you expect in a hostel. Only one bathroom, wifi drops in and out and outdoor area a bit small. It's a quiet hostel and the staff are so friendly. Great location as well

Nice hostel, only one bathroom though. It actually never botherede as much as I thought it would because it has a homely feel to it, just don't be in a rush though. Staff were very helpful and friendly! Clean, wifi was average. We Would stay again!

Really great stay, loved the place & the people, but I think the cleanliness in the main bathroom could be improved and also the fact there's only one bathroom in such a large hostel is stretching it (although this wasn't problematic during my stay). Apart from that, a greatly stocked kitchen, fast computers in the lounge, and most importantly friendly & knowledgeable staff!

awesome hostel located very conveniently in Cumming, one of the safe and central streets in Valparaiso. Wi-Fi was quite fast and the breakfast was very nice. The interior of the hostel is most beautiful as it is an old building that is exqusitely furnished. Only minor inconvenince is that they only have two bathrooms.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, taking time to show all of the highlights of the city on a map upon check-in. The location was great, in a relatively safe area and within walking distance of most of the touristic parts of the city. The only complaint I have is the bathroom shortage.

Great location and Excellent staff. A good breakfast too. The 4 person room has great comfy beds. The bunks are normal. Only one shower and gets very wet. Not to big of a common area but it is good still.

I wrote a reasonable response to you, but, your space did not allow it. I had read a lot of the comments by your customers. I relied on what they wrote and the grade you gave the hostel. This hostel was not what I expected. I think you should hire an undercover person to visit and stay at the hostels you represent so you can get a more realistic appraisal of them. Though I liked the staff there were too many problems with the facility and some guests, so, I will not stay there again.

• 29th Oct 2014

Nice little hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Showers were cold at first but learnt there was a trick to getting hot water which wasn't mentioned when I first checked in. Only one bathroom for whole hostel and one extra toilet.

Good location, comfortable beds and they make toasties for breakfast but that's about it for me... The social area is small and so it's hard to relax as it can be busy or have lots of people wandering around. Also don't think there's any organised social things going on - probably more important to solo travellers. Shower is bad - cold and pretty scummy inside. I'm afraid to say I wouldn't return.

We are building downstais some new spaces, new bathroom, enjoy your travel ! & good karma too !

Great atmosphere at this hostel. Met some amazing people during my stay and very easy to socialise for single travelers. Staff was helpful and location is excellent. Only downside was, only 1 shower to share between a lot of people and wifi was very slow. Other than - great hostel and would stay again.

The stuff are great! They are very friendly and helpful! The bathroom is bit dirty, but nothing that we can not handle with.

• 15th Sep 2014

Great and friendly staff, a catchy atmosphere just as Valparaiso can offer.

Lovely hostel, but keep in mind there is no heating. During my trip in the spring, the room was quite cold, but nothing a sweater and some warm socks won't fix. The location is perfect and very safe. Definitely recommended.

I would recommend that hostel. The staff was very friendly and gave us valuable recommendations, where to go, what do etc. and also warned us about insecure areas. Breakfast was okay and they provided big lockers in the dorm. Only weak point was that it can be a little noisy in the rooms close to the common area. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed four nights in this hostel, really enjoyed our stay here. Nice small hostel so there's a real homely feel. Great breakfast and that staff are incredibly helpful. Only negatives were the lack of sockets in our dorm and the temperamental shower which for the most part was cold! :( if the shower was sorted and the sockets fixed I couldn't fault this hostel. However I would still recommend people to stay here, really chilled vibe here!

Great little hostel with a friendly staff. Could use a second bathroom ;-) All in all I had a great stay here.

Pretty mellow hostel when I was there. Good breakfast that they make for you, good big lockers and beds were nice. Good area as well, up one of the hills but not up too far and close to the bars and restaurants.

I love staying here! Beautifully painted hostel, super location in the middle of what Valpo is known for. Breakfast is fine and enough for everyone, coffee is good. You only have to become friends with the shower to make sure you'll shower hot and not cold in the morning, but then it's fine... :-)

we fixed the shower ! finally ! lol !.... Dank und gute

Great location, nice design and great kitchen facilities.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts