Angel Hostal Reviews

Cumming 160, Valparaiso, Chile

Too few bathrooms. Our dorm was connected to the terrace meaning a steady flow of smoke directly into the dorm. Very nice location, except on Sundays when everything is closed throughout the cities.

we put an a sign on the wall for close the door, we dont smoke either. and we are working downstairs for the new bathrooms....thanx u !

Great hostel , perfect location. Super clean ! If only there was a few more showers/bathroom but it wasn't that big of a problem besides you're morning took a bit longer to get started

Very clean, good breakfast, comfortable beds. Right next to a brewery with Blues music on Tuesdays, a brew-tour on Wednesdays and great Jazz on Thursdays. Many bands also set up free shows in the open-air area in front of the flower shops down the street. Yet the hostel is nice and quiet at any hour for a good night's rest. Also located near many restaurants and cafes as well as many local bodegas, and a large market with pastry shops, vegetable stalls and local butchers. Overall a great place!

Quite place, but very noisy (party) street.

Very homely feel to this place. Great location within walking distance to almost everything. Loads of good places on the street outside too.

The hostel is in a fairly central location making everything in easy reach. Staff were friendly and helpful. The twin room was spacious and wifi good. The kitchen is quite small so I didn't attempt to cook anything. They offered toasted cheese sandwiches, cereal and yoghurt for breakfast.

The facilities, staff and cleanliness at Angel are superb. Even though there is one shower, I had no problems with waiting when I needed a shower each day. The beds are super comfy and the security at Angel is also excellent. the shower struggled to maintain a hot temperature during one of my showers, otherwise I had no problems during my stay at Angel.

Good hostel and staff are friendly. The facilities in kitchen are great to. They need another bathroom though as 1 is not sufficient

we are working on it ! thanx u !

tThis is a very nice hostel, clean, the staff is kind and gives you nice tops about Valparaíso. The shower is nice and clean and the atmosphere into the hostel is very cool

Small hostel in the center. Beds are ok, atmosphere is good. Breakfast was poor and there is only one shower for 8 or more rooms. So there is a long queue every morning.

Everything you expect in a hostel. Only one bathroom, wifi drops in and out and outdoor area a bit small. It's a quiet hostel and the staff are so friendly. Great location as well

this hostel has a good athmosphere, it feels a bit like a very big shared flat, beautiful small courtyard, sometimes a bit loud. kitchen is small but quite good, the bathroom is also good. the visa machine was defective, but the staff was always helpful and kind.

It was a good place to stay a couple of nights in Valparaiso! Close to everything usefull... Supermarket, local buses, main square is 10 minutes walking, bars shops and restaurants. Th hostel is very pleasent. There is only one shower available and the kitchen is a bit small, but very well equipped and brand new.

Nice hostel, only one bathroom though. It actually never botherede as much as I thought it would because it has a homely feel to it, just don't be in a rush though. Staff were very helpful and friendly! Clean, wifi was average. We Would stay again!

Really great stay, loved the place & the people, but I think the cleanliness in the main bathroom could be improved and also the fact there's only one bathroom in such a large hostel is stretching it (although this wasn't problematic during my stay). Apart from that, a greatly stocked kitchen, fast computers in the lounge, and most importantly friendly & knowledgeable staff!

awesome hostel located very conveniently in Cumming, one of the safe and central streets in Valparaiso. Wi-Fi was quite fast and the breakfast was very nice. The interior of the hostel is most beautiful as it is an old building that is exqusitely furnished. Only minor inconvenince is that they only have two bathrooms.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, taking time to show all of the highlights of the city on a map upon check-in. The location was great, in a relatively safe area and within walking distance of most of the touristic parts of the city. The only complaint I have is the bathroom shortage.

Great location and Excellent staff. A good breakfast too. The 4 person room has great comfy beds. The bunks are normal. Only one shower and gets very wet. Not to big of a common area but it is good still.

I wrote a reasonable response to you, but, your space did not allow it. I had read a lot of the comments by your customers. I relied on what they wrote and the grade you gave the hostel. This hostel was not what I expected. I think you should hire an undercover person to visit and stay at the hostels you represent so you can get a more realistic appraisal of them. Though I liked the staff there were too many problems with the facility and some guests, so, I will not stay there again.

• 29th Oct 2014

Nice little hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Showers were cold at first but learnt there was a trick to getting hot water which wasn't mentioned when I first checked in. Only one bathroom for whole hostel and one extra toilet.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts