Angel Hostal Reviews

Cumming 160, Valparaiso, Chile

Nice little hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Showers were cold at first but learnt there was a trick to getting hot water which wasn't mentioned when I first checked in. Only one bathroom for whole hostel and one extra toilet.

Good location, comfortable beds and they make toasties for breakfast but that's about it for me... The social area is small and so it's hard to relax as it can be busy or have lots of people wandering around. Also don't think there's any organised social things going on - probably more important to solo travellers. Shower is bad - cold and pretty scummy inside. I'm afraid to say I wouldn't return.

We are building downstais some new spaces, new bathroom, enjoy your travel ! & good karma too !

Great atmosphere at this hostel. Met some amazing people during my stay and very easy to socialise for single travelers. Staff was helpful and location is excellent. Only downside was, only 1 shower to share between a lot of people and wifi was very slow. Other than - great hostel and would stay again.

The stuff are great! They are very friendly and helpful! The bathroom is bit dirty, but nothing that we can not handle with.

• 15th Sep 2014

Great and friendly staff, a catchy atmosphere just as Valparaiso can offer.

Lovely hostel, but keep in mind there is no heating. During my trip in the spring, the room was quite cold, but nothing a sweater and some warm socks won't fix. The location is perfect and very safe. Definitely recommended.

I would recommend that hostel. The staff was very friendly and gave us valuable recommendations, where to go, what do etc. and also warned us about insecure areas. Breakfast was okay and they provided big lockers in the dorm. Only weak point was that it can be a little noisy in the rooms close to the common area. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed four nights in this hostel, really enjoyed our stay here. Nice small hostel so there's a real homely feel. Great breakfast and that staff are incredibly helpful. Only negatives were the lack of sockets in our dorm and the temperamental shower which for the most part was cold! :( if the shower was sorted and the sockets fixed I couldn't fault this hostel. However I would still recommend people to stay here, really chilled vibe here!

Great little hostel with a friendly staff. Could use a second bathroom ;-) All in all I had a great stay here.

Pretty mellow hostel when I was there. Good breakfast that they make for you, good big lockers and beds were nice. Good area as well, up one of the hills but not up too far and close to the bars and restaurants.

I love staying here! Beautifully painted hostel, super location in the middle of what Valpo is known for. Breakfast is fine and enough for everyone, coffee is good. You only have to become friends with the shower to make sure you'll shower hot and not cold in the morning, but then it's fine... :-)

we fixed the shower ! finally ! lol !.... Dank und gute

Great location, nice design and great kitchen facilities.

Fantastic location, cosy and very welcoming hostel! The beds are so nice and breakfast is good too. Staff are amazing - would stay again! Not really a party place but I'm sure the staff would help you find that if that is what you wanted!

The shower-issue has been discussed, so I won't pick up on that. Other than that it was a very enjoyable stay, great staff as well. They give out keys to the room, a locker, the hostel itself - I felt very safe during the entire stay. I just couldn't eat any more white bread for breakfast, but that's Chile for you! ;-) One of the few places I would go back to!

The staff was so friendly and helpful, and the hostel was very clean and well maintained. It was located in a great part of the city, and the people who stayed there were very welcoming and fun. I am going to recommend this hostel to friends who want to visit Valpo.

• 24th Jul 2014

A better setup to sit and eat would be my main recommendation. The sitting area is small and feels more like a lounge area then a place to eat. Thanks for a great stay!

we are doing this downstairs and a new bathroom !...thanx u !

It was great experience and one of the best hostels we had stayed in in South America. The owner was just amazing helping us with all we needed to know about Valpro! I would suggest to look into the internet connection. It was fairly slow and would drop out every now and then. Would recommend.

This place was really good. As soon as we arrived, the girl who was working gave us a map and showed us so much information. That was so nice of her. The place is really clean and safe. The location is great. It is one street away from the great bar street. The common area is small but that's a good thing because it makes it easy to meet people if you just sit there after dinner. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, just need one more shower.

We are buiding downstairs ! thanx!

The staff was very friendly.I stayed three nights more because it was realy cool.The beds were comfortable and I slept well. The breakfast was ok. It would be better with fresh fruits.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts