Angel Hostal Reviews

Cumming 160, Valparaiso, Chile

Angel Hostal is a great place to stay if you prefer some quietness. The people there rather stay to themselves and even the staff doesn't really say anything at all. However, kitchen and bathroom are both really clean and modern and the beds absolutely comfortable. The hostel is located in the center of Valparaiso; perfect for just wandering around and admiring the characteristics of the city or the street performers who meet at night at a square just in front of the hostel.

Our policy is the rest of the customers , if someone does not want to party we take care not to give party especially inside the hostel , however we try to have information from all the bars and restaurants of the city so that customers can go out and have fun. Enjoy youtr trip ! Danke !

Everything was perfect... One of the best I have on my traveling this year!!

Thank you very much! We are happy you have a nice stay and we hope you have a good travel wherever you go, and if one day you want to come back to Valparaíso we will be waiting for you, always :) !

i only stayed for one night. its a very small hostel, only two toilets and one shower /bathtub for all the room, so there was always a line infront in the morning and in the afternoon. bed was totally okay and breakfast was good. i enjoyed my stay.

Staff are SO lovely and helpful. Every time you saw a staff member they would ask if you needed anything and were so welcoming. Nice quiet little place in a good location and an awesome kitchen! There is only one shower ( and it's super nice ) but that wasn't ever really a problem. If you're looking for a nice quiet place to stay this is it. Good breakfast too! Toasted cheese sandwich and selection of cereal.

Hostel was recommended to us by a few passing travelers. The owner and a few staff were cool and helpful but the other staff were not very helpful or friendly. Stayed over Christmas so no atmosphere or vibe at all in the hostel. Rooms were clean and nice but only One bathroom is the only other problem.

Excellent hostel! Highly recommended!

We stayed in a lovely private room at Angel. Room was spacious and clean. Adjacent to the common area but not noisy which was good. Breakfast is simple and good. Shower is really old and filthy- otherwise all the facilities are great. Staff are helpful. Located very centrally to all the attractions and 5,000 CHP for the taxi directly from the bus station. Can get noisy from street parties at night - bring earplugs and it'll be fine!

We loved the ambience in the hostel, but the fact that only one shower was available and not so good quality pulls the overall grade down a bit. Would be great with another bathroom.

Comfortable beds, good location and good breakfast-(cheese toasties!) Only downside was there's only 2 toilets and you'd need to be up early to get a warm shower. Could do with putting mirrors in the rooms for people to put contacts, make etc when the bathrooms are in use.

My friend and I stayed here for a night in early December, and had a good experience. The shower was nice and big and breakfast was a lot more than I've had in other hostels. It is slightly cramped with space, but the location was good and in walking distance of a lot of great things. The staff was very nice and knowledgable!

Good location slightly up a hill but manageable unlike some of the hills in VP. You get your own set of keys. Only one shower between everyone but this was ok still, best pressure so far. Breakfast was ok but for what you pay you know it's pretty fair.

Stayed here on Nov 25, 2016. Got many flea bites after staying one night here. The fleas also infested my other stuff and had to wash everything. Not clean, would not recommend.

• 24th Nov 2015

Excellent location in the party area. Be careful: only one bathroom!

It is centrally located along the street with all the main restaurants and cafés. It is a safe area. I had a private room, clean and quiet and I can say the same for the other shared room. Staff always helpful and willing to help. I had to do a bank transfer and the owner did it for me. I had to make several local calls and staff did it for me. It's a quiet hostel, no music and no curfew, small living room to chat with the other guests. Kitchen fully operational and breakfast provided 9-11

The hostel is located in the perfect edgy part of town. Close to all the bars and restaurants.

What I really loved about the Hostel was the atmosphere because it felt more like a shared apartment than a hostel, because the center had the touch of a living room. This makes it a great place to meet new people. A little downside is that it only has one bathroom so waiting for the it to clear is not uncommon in the morn9ing.

• 6th Nov 2015

We ended up shortening our stay here. There was so much noise during the night we stayed there. The place is supposed to be quiet from midnight, but the woman in reception apparently joined the party in the commonroom until very late. So not much for us. Besides that - the place is okay, the kitchen is very small but really well epuiped. Location is fine.

Close to lots of bars and supermarket. About 25min walk from central bus station. Stayed in 4 bed dorm, all single beds which was nice. There are two toilets and one shower for about 20 beds , but as the hostel was only partly full I never had no problem. Staff were courteous. There was not much of a party atmosphere at the hostel. This may have been due to other guests and the fact I stayed on a Sunday or Monday. But organizing some group events and having a more open common area would help.

Pro: location, ambiance, breakfast, price. Cons: Noise (staff putting loud music in the morning, party-goers in the nearby plaza in the evening), Cold water (one bathroom and not enough hot water for everybody), Space (a bit cramped if you need some space alone).

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts