Angel Hostal Reviews

Cumming 160, Valparaiso, Chile

Lovely hostel, but keep in mind there is no heating. During my trip in the spring, the room was quite cold, but nothing a sweater and some warm socks won't fix. The location is perfect and very safe. Definitely recommended.

I would recommend that hostel. The staff was very friendly and gave us valuable recommendations, where to go, what do etc. and also warned us about insecure areas. Breakfast was okay and they provided big lockers in the dorm. Only weak point was that it can be a little noisy in the rooms close to the common area. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed four nights in this hostel, really enjoyed our stay here. Nice small hostel so there's a real homely feel. Great breakfast and that staff are incredibly helpful. Only negatives were the lack of sockets in our dorm and the temperamental shower which for the most part was cold! :( if the shower was sorted and the sockets fixed I couldn't fault this hostel. However I would still recommend people to stay here, really chilled vibe here!

Great little hostel with a friendly staff. Could use a second bathroom ;-) All in all I had a great stay here.

Pretty mellow hostel when I was there. Good breakfast that they make for you, good big lockers and beds were nice. Good area as well, up one of the hills but not up too far and close to the bars and restaurants.

I love staying here! Beautifully painted hostel, super location in the middle of what Valpo is known for. Breakfast is fine and enough for everyone, coffee is good. You only have to become friends with the shower to make sure you'll shower hot and not cold in the morning, but then it's fine... :-)

we fixed the shower ! finally ! lol !.... Dank und gute

Great location, nice design and great kitchen facilities.

Fantastic location, cosy and very welcoming hostel! The beds are so nice and breakfast is good too. Staff are amazing - would stay again! Not really a party place but I'm sure the staff would help you find that if that is what you wanted!

The shower-issue has been discussed, so I won't pick up on that. Other than that it was a very enjoyable stay, great staff as well. They give out keys to the room, a locker, the hostel itself - I felt very safe during the entire stay. I just couldn't eat any more white bread for breakfast, but that's Chile for you! ;-) One of the few places I would go back to!

The staff was so friendly and helpful, and the hostel was very clean and well maintained. It was located in a great part of the city, and the people who stayed there were very welcoming and fun. I am going to recommend this hostel to friends who want to visit Valpo.

• 24th Jul 2014

A better setup to sit and eat would be my main recommendation. The sitting area is small and feels more like a lounge area then a place to eat. Thanks for a great stay!

we are doing this downstairs and a new bathroom !...thanx u !

It was great experience and one of the best hostels we had stayed in in South America. The owner was just amazing helping us with all we needed to know about Valpro! I would suggest to look into the internet connection. It was fairly slow and would drop out every now and then. Would recommend.

This place was really good. As soon as we arrived, the girl who was working gave us a map and showed us so much information. That was so nice of her. The place is really clean and safe. The location is great. It is one street away from the great bar street. The common area is small but that's a good thing because it makes it easy to meet people if you just sit there after dinner. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, just need one more shower.

We are buiding downstairs ! thanx!

The staff was very friendly.I stayed three nights more because it was realy cool.The beds were comfortable and I slept well. The breakfast was ok. It would be better with fresh fruits.

Great Hostel. The staff were very helpful and gave a great introduction, showing lots of places on the map to go. The bathroom is big, although a bit old. Fruit is provided 24/7 in lieu of breakfast. I have wanted to stay longer but they were fully booked. (Stayed in June 2014).

Very very good location, nice staff and few bathrooms (2). We only stayed for one night, so not much to say

Really welcoming and helpful staff and great location. Good (if a little small kitchen). Friendly hostel and easy to meet other guests. Only complaints would be the shortage of bathrooms and the size of the common area. However really enjoyed our stay here. Our private room was a good size and I loved the wall art.

One of the guys that worked there (I wish I could remember his name) as sooo nice and helpful, one of my friends left her kindle there and they contacted me to tell me and sent it to our next hostel for free! Great location, good kitchen.

Fantastic place with really homely feel, only 2 mins from center. Could do with another shower or 2 though!!

we are working on it !...downstairs !...good trip & enjoy!

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts