Angelica's Backpacker's Hostel Reviews

Ayos Ioannis, Karousades, Corfu, Greece

Anjelica's mum, Effie, was the caretaker at the time and was absolutely wonderful, like a second mum. Had a room to myself even though I had booked a dorm :) Location is 50/50 as no spot on Corfu is ideal, you should be hiring a bike or car anyway to explore the island. The ride/drive around the island itself is worth the money. If no rental then it's a 10-15 min walk to the shops and onward to Sidari town. Hostel had a great kitchen so that helps with saving money on food.

Angélica is lovely

This has been one of the best experiences I've had at a hostel. Angelica's warming and welcoming energy made it worth the while. I had a great time and would definitely visit the hostel again.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Albania

Angelica was such a great host. She lent us an umbrella on a rainy day, drove us to the bus stop, and even made us crepes one night (with nutella and jam!) Facilities were incredibly clean and a great value. The hostel was only a 10 minute walk from the beach. Overall, highly recommended.

I wish I could have stayed more than two nights. Angelica and the family are super friendly and helpful, she's like a mom to everyone there! The room was essentially a hotel room with 5 beds, with its own bathroom and porch area. Sheets were even changed every day! 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes to Sidari, the location shouldn't be a problem to anyone with working legs. Can't recommend Angelica's enough!

Many thanks to Angelica and her family for making of my short stay a nice memory! I sadly got sick on the way and they took great care of me, also by letting me rest in their wonderful garden ;-) The place in an oase in the middle of a touristic paradise.

Angelica's is the best, super friendly people, really think along with you and they have a leguane as a pet, which is pretty awesome.