Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Mr. Why Not, the owner, help us a lot organizing our visit to Angkor Wat, also he help us with the tuk tuk and bus tickets.

Loved our stay in Angkor Wonder. All staff are so helpful and friendly. We organised our tuk tuk to Angkor Wat through Mr. Why Not and it went perfectly, for a good price and our driver, Silla, was lovely. Also, had a lot of laundry done here - it came back, on the same day, smellling so good. Mmmmm clean clothes. Cannot argue with value for money here - nice room, great location, great staff.

This hostel is not pretty, but great value for the money. The AC in our room was loud, though, and directed straight at the bed - we caught a cold. Some form of air circulation in the bathrooms might have prevented the mould. Would book again.

No aircon, but an abundance of pedestal fans make up for that. Excellent location; close enough to pub street/markets for convenience, but far enough away to be left alone at night.

I loved this hostel, not so much because of the facilities but because of the people that runs it. Mr. Whynot and the others where incredibly kind and helpful with every single one of my doubts and questions, always in a great mood. They helped me book my tickets, even rebooked when I wanted to change my departure date, gave transportation, and overall provided the best service I have ever received in any hostel. Going to Siem Reap? stay with them!!!!!

Mr. Why Not is very helpful and kind. The location is excellent - very near the Old Market area which has all the restaurants, shopping, bars, bike rentals, etc that you could possibly need. Beds were very comfortable. I would recommend others to stay there.

I stayed in a dorm with five beds (no bunk beds) in a pretty big room so there was a lot of space. No aircon but each bed were provided with a fan. Don't know of often they cleaned the room and bathroom but felt like they never did it during the five nights I stayed there. The location was good. Quiet place with only a few minutes walk to the pub street. Mr Why Not and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

The location was perfect and the staff superb, couldn't be more helpful but the cleanliness left a lot to desire, moreover the first room they gave me was smelly of dampness to the extend that I had to swap to a better one with no smell whatsoever.

The lock on our door didn't work, which was pretty frustrating. There were only 2 of us in the room (in a 5 bed dorm) which was lovely. But when we both were out all day, leaving our valuables in an unlocked room made me very uncomfortable.

Clem and Mr. Whynot are amazing. So nice, helpful, friendly and also very funny and cool to hang out with. Definately made my stay special. ... Have their own Tuktuk drivers which makes it a lot easier ... Also really big beds and a bit more quiet location, but just 3 min by foot to main streets. Excellent! Have fun guys!

Water outages both nights; I think there is a problem with the water tanks on the roof (if empty, there would be no water pressure). Providing towels would be nice.

Pros: tuktuk available on site, menu, owner (Mr.why not) knowledgable. Cons: building is run down, my ceiling was covered with mold and other black spots along with bathroom, the sheets, pillows, and covers all had holes in them and stains, the sheets looked like they've been used for years... no life left in them. At nights some of the workers of the guesthouse sleep on the floor and bench in the foyer/entrance way of the guesthouse (I guess that's the "security"). Not recommended!!!

Our stay in Angkor Wonder made our first days in Cambodia really special. The hospitalility and friedliness of the khmer running the hostel contributed to a warm and welcoming atmosphere. They helped us in every situation. We definitely recommend staying in Angkor Wonder.

• 16th Aug 2014

Incredible staff, always happy to help and book trips/tuk tuks for you without charging a mark up. Thoroughly recommended.

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was very basic. The staff were very helpful and the location was great. Good air-con and the WiFi was good. We did enjoy our stay.

• 3rd Aug 2014

This is a family run hostel which feels very much like a home-stay. Everyone was so accommodating when I was there. I stayed in the 5 bed dorm which was v spacious and the bed was v cosy. The common area outside the dorm is ideal to hang out with hostel folk. The staff set up tours to visit the temples and organise tuk-tuk drivers at any time you please!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. We used the TukTuk from the hostel to see the temples and the driver was so funny, we hab a great time there.

I only stayed 1 night but it seemed like a cool place and the staff were very polite and helpful

This is a wonderful hostel!!! I can't believe in my eyes when I came there because the price is very cheap, about 3,5 $ . The design of the hostel, especially the gate is so impressive, clean room, very large beds, friendly and helpful staff. My tuk tuk driver, Sokang, who is also a receptionist of the hostel is very very friendly and funny, he help us very much. Just one thing is that we have to get off the shoes outside :)), maybe because of culture, it's OK.

Friendly staff and a free pick-up to get away from those annoying tuk tuk drivers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3