Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Bit dirty, good location & helpful staff. Did get pricked by a sewing pin that was in the bed.

It does the job. A lot of guest houses at these prices aren't anything special, but you get what you pay for. Fans in the rooms and Mr. Why Not is very helpful.

We really enjoyed our stay at Angkor Wonder. Mr. Why Not was very friendly, reliable, and trustworthy. He helped us to get reliable tuk tuk drivers, tickets to events, and bus tickets. We had a room with a fan initially, but it was too hot, and once we switched to the A/C room, it was wonderful. Bathrooms a little small, tv doesn't work, internet wasn't the best, but it was clean and convenient. It's a nice family run place, but the babies cried all the time, and very early in the morning

The fan dorm on the roof was not the cleanest or the coolest place (better after the window was opened and covered with a mosquito screen), and the wifi wad a little hit and miss; but the location is good and Mr whynot is very helpful in providing tours with a personal tuk tuk driver. The family are all very nice. A alright place to rest your head and cheap!

Mr. Why not and his family are very helpeful!!The location was perfect!!!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Japan

The hostel was quiet in the night but not far from the citycenter, the staff was amazing and the cosy restaurant was perfect for meeting other interesting people in the evening.

Fabulous staff! Mr. Why-not was so helpful and all the staff were friendly and fun! Great location and value. Breakfast is good too, but not included

Mr. Why Not is the reason you stay here. He runs this place with his family who are absolutely amazing. They are super friendly and very accommodating. I booked 2 nights here but ended up staying 5. Mr Why Not also set up my tour for Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples; as I was by myself he got me together with other solo travelers and set us up for a two day tour that was VERY cheap. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy and basically anything you need is near by.

Great place with lovely staff!!! The owner was very nice. Clean rooms and great athmosphere!!! Recomend it in 100%

Mr. Why not and his family are very cordial and helpful. They helped with booking tours, busses and Tuk Tuks and did everything to make our stay a good one. We got a lot of great insider hints. They also told us what to do in Siem Reap without spending any money so that we did not have the feeling that they just tried to sell their stuff. The restaurant in the hostel is very good, too. Negative though: stains and holes on the blanket and sheet

Mr. Why Not, the owner, help us a lot organizing our visit to Angkor Wat, also he help us with the tuk tuk and bus tickets.

Loved our stay in Angkor Wonder. All staff are so helpful and friendly. We organised our tuk tuk to Angkor Wat through Mr. Why Not and it went perfectly, for a good price and our driver, Silla, was lovely. Also, had a lot of laundry done here - it came back, on the same day, smellling so good. Mmmmm clean clothes. Cannot argue with value for money here - nice room, great location, great staff.

This hostel is not pretty, but great value for the money. The AC in our room was loud, though, and directed straight at the bed - we caught a cold. Some form of air circulation in the bathrooms might have prevented the mould. Would book again.

No aircon, but an abundance of pedestal fans make up for that. Excellent location; close enough to pub street/markets for convenience, but far enough away to be left alone at night.

I loved this hostel, not so much because of the facilities but because of the people that runs it. Mr. Whynot and the others where incredibly kind and helpful with every single one of my doubts and questions, always in a great mood. They helped me book my tickets, even rebooked when I wanted to change my departure date, gave transportation, and overall provided the best service I have ever received in any hostel. Going to Siem Reap? stay with them!!!!!

Mr. Why Not is very helpful and kind. The location is excellent - very near the Old Market area which has all the restaurants, shopping, bars, bike rentals, etc that you could possibly need. Beds were very comfortable. I would recommend others to stay there.

I stayed in a dorm with five beds (no bunk beds) in a pretty big room so there was a lot of space. No aircon but each bed were provided with a fan. Don't know of often they cleaned the room and bathroom but felt like they never did it during the five nights I stayed there. The location was good. Quiet place with only a few minutes walk to the pub street. Mr Why Not and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

The location was perfect and the staff superb, couldn't be more helpful but the cleanliness left a lot to desire, moreover the first room they gave me was smelly of dampness to the extend that I had to swap to a better one with no smell whatsoever.

The lock on our door didn't work, which was pretty frustrating. There were only 2 of us in the room (in a 5 bed dorm) which was lovely. But when we both were out all day, leaving our valuables in an unlocked room made me very uncomfortable.

Clem and Mr. Whynot are amazing. So nice, helpful, friendly and also very funny and cool to hang out with. Definately made my stay special. ... Have their own Tuktuk drivers which makes it a lot easier ... Also really big beds and a bit more quiet location, but just 3 min by foot to main streets. Excellent! Have fun guys!