Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Great location right in town, but very quiet. Dorm rooms have double beds and plenty Of room For everyone's belongings, was a lovely place to stay. Plus toilet paper in the bathrooms!!

Everything they say about the staff and mister why not is true! We came there at 12:30 and he told us that somebody didn't check out the dorm yet so he offered us a private room for the same money! He also welcomed us with water and a map of the city and answered all of our questions. The next night we wanted to move to a dorm room and because the beds were so big we asked if we could stay together in one bed and he let is for only one dollar more. Very great hostel, would recommend!

• 1st Apr 2015

The atmosphere is great and the staff is very nice. The wifi works great in the common areas not in the dorms on the 2 floor. The only downside was the cleanness of the rooms and bathrooms. They clean them every 3 days and it's definitely not enough. I think I would stay there again but they should work on it because it's disgusting. The beds are clean though.

Very friendly staff!

Bed was very comfortable. Good chilled out vibe and the staff is incredible. Very knowledgeable and eager to help with any questions you might have. Loved my stay here and was sad to leave.

Mr. Why Not is super helpful and arranged everything for us at only slightly higher rates than street. He provided us with always honest and backpacker-on-a-budget advice. Dorm has huge beds and plenty of fans for everyone. Good vibe though common rooms could be improved slightly. Best value I have experienced.

For the price and service this place cannot be faulted. We arrived to complimentary waters, a friendly face and a room with a massive bed. The owner was very helpful and arranged trips around the temples for reasonable prices and including more water and towels. The driver was his nephew and he was a lovely young man. This place is superb for anyone traveling on a budget.

We enjoyed our stay at Angkor Wonders. Our room with the balcony was clean, bright and spacious. The family is very friendly, always available for a chat and to give valuable advise. Mr. Why Not lent us a great guide book 'Ancient Angkor' for free -very useful during sightseeing. On the last day, after check out, we could leave our luggage safely. We were offered to use the shower facilities before taking bus in the evening. If we are ever in Siem Reap again, that's our spot :) Thanks so much!!

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Poland

Had such an incredible stay here, the family are insanely helpful and so accomadating. The only thing yhat lets this place down was the lack of plumbing in the bathrooms and the cold showers. But I guess you get what you pay for! So much fun! 👍

Nice hostel with super friendly staff. The location is good just five minutes to the tourist area. I didn't find the atmosphere that good and changed hostel after few nights. Also bathrooms in dorms should probably be cleaned more than once in three days but overall it's a nice place to stay. Terrace on the roof is amazing place to chill out.

A room for 9$, they organized a tuk tuk to angkor Wat for us for 18$/5am to 2pm The rooms are not pretty but what do you think for 9$, it's ok just for sleeping

The staff are the best, especially Mr. Why Not (the owner who even gave us beer). Besides that, we had to be changed to a private though we booked a dorm, which was quite hot (and it's only February). Everything else is what you would expect for 4$ a night

Really average place. You wouldn't regret staying here.... BUT you wouldn't miss out on anything if you didn't. My friend and I switched rooms once (their organization system with rooming needs improvement) and we found there was always something broken in the room. First it was the AC, then the next room it was the TV. But overall it was a pleasant stay, as we are just backpackers and we are used to a lot worse. Staff are excellent :) super helpful and kind.

The staff really does this place. Especially the owner, Mr. Why Not, who is so welcoming and helpful. He will do everything to make your stay in Siem Reap as pleasant as possible!

Great balcony on the top floor rooms! The place to relax and drink a cold beer. Mr. Why Not, very helpful!

Very polite staff! Nice and chill rooftop

Mr why not and his family offer some brilliant hospitality here. The atmosphere is lovely and the rooms are more than worth the price

good location, very friendly and helpful staff. tv tetris!!! :D

Excelente habitación, super limpio. La habitación super espaciosa y muy cómoda. Buena ubicación, a pasos de las principales calles. El staff muy amable y servicial, muy atentos y amistosos. Excelente opción!!

I actually did not stay at that hostel. When I asked for a free pick up from the boat arriving from Battambang, they refused although it is written on their description. Then they did not even suggest a pick up at a reasonable price. Trust was broken anyway so I cancelled my booking but lost the deposit (OK only the price of a beer!). Fortunately I had booked only the first night of five. Finally I found another cheap accommodation ($4) with a pick up '($3) but I wasted a lot of time.

• 28th Jan 2015