Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

- Thank you for the free pick up! - I will recommend the hostel to others - I do like the room but maybe air con is a little bit loud

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Thailand

We took a ,, deluxe room,, there was tv but not any one chanel working, fridge wasnt in the room and supost to be there, toilet without toilet seat and some verry rusty iron left from toilet holder, balcony heading to reception area inside....but verry good and helpfull stuff and amazing family runnig around...get alll info which we neef

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Czech Republic

We enjoyed our staying in this guesthouse, cheap room, clean and safe, location is good because is little bit far of the noisy main road, but no far of the central market and restaurants in the tourist area; staff was always very helpful, besides they offer tours by tuk tuk because the owner is a tuk tuk driver. I recommend it.

Good location and very helpful and nice cambodian family. Dorms are clean, with large and comfy beds, and hot shower. Fans in dorms, AC in private rooms. Computer available for free. A bottle of fresh water offered at arrival for each guest. Bus tickets (with free pick up) are sold at a very reasonable price.

Most friendly staff and very nice pick up service from the bus station with tuktuk. It is more like a homestay at a cambodian family. Rooms are good for the price and the location is close to the markets for cheap food. I recommend highly for travellers with low budget.

This hostel was in an excellent location and very clean. The family who owns the place is very nice, and they have adorable kittens. My only complaint is that the water was cold.

Mr. Why not is honest to the tourists and he gives good prices for tours in Angkor Wat. The family was really nice!

• 19th Jan 2016

I would recommend this hostel. Its maybe not the best place for socializing, but you reach everything in a couple of minutes. Book the angkor tour through the hostel. Mr Why Not is really friendly and his whole family as well

Receptiom wasn't always available and the dorms weren't always locked. There's no lockers. Kittens are supercute. Atmosphere is not very good, the hostel has many awesome balconies that they could do a lot with. Some nice lighting and a few pillows and hammocks would make it perfect but now you just don't see the other guests because the balconies and other common areas are uninviting.

Although the family who owns the hostel is truly nice and try to go above and beyond, they really don't.... There is rarely anyone at reception, besides their children, who are definitely adorable and fun but not helpful when it comes to changing a booking, booking tickets, or asking for directions. I was also told I could use the kitchen but every time I tried, I was told it was too messy to enter... The lack of available staff at reception was really the biggest letdown.. Not professional.

This is more of a homestay. Great family running the place. Our private room wasn't anything special. But the owner offers the temple tours and he was an awesome guide. The location was the absolute best! For that alone it was worth the money! Would stay again but I would barter the price down a bit.

Enjoyed the stay there and the tour with Mr Why Not!! His family of 4 kids and few kittens was amazing! Location is quite off the hustle bustle of Pub street but very close - less than 10 min walking distance!

Die Lage ist Ok, nicht weit weg von der Pub Street. Am Anfang waren die Mitarbeiter recht freundlich zu uns, nach dem wir uns jedoch über den angebotenen Tuk-Tuk Service nach Angkor Wat, beklagen mussten, wurden wir sehr kühl behandelt. (Der Service ist von diesem Hostel nicht zu empfehlen, lieber einen Tuktuk-Fahrer auf der Strasse nehmen). Alles in allem war der Aufenthalt in Ordnung, weder gut nach schlecht.

This place's host, Mr "Why Not?", was one of the greatest people we met during our trip do Southeast Asia. His kindness and generosity make up for any flaws the hostel might have. He was very welcoming and was our driver/guide to the Angkor City too. Also he showed us some places only known by locals, which was very interesting. Our double room was spacious, clean and the pvt bathroom was alright. Totally recommend the stay! Good value for money and a nice experience of Camboja! Already miss it!

Lovely little hostel with a lovely owner. This hostel isn't the life of the party or a busy backpacker hostel but it's clean, the rooms are nice, there's plenty of outdoor seating and it's only a 3 minute walk from bar street which is the place to be anyways. We had a great few days here and the owner organised our trip around Angkor Wat which ended up being a great day - they supply free cold water on their Tuk Tuks which you definitely need in the heat ! Would recommend and stay here again !

Sometime the bath is out of hot water and we need to ask for the hot water three times in our 4 nights of stay. The toilet is extremely small where we have no room for shower as there is no separation. The facility inside the bathroom is broken as well. The host did not reply my email before or after my stay so I don't think it is good to ask him if you are new to cambodia. However, I would say the location is good, but there are definitely some hostels much better than this nearby.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Terrible place all round. We arrived (with a booking confirmation) to be told it was full and they'd no space for us. They said we had to move to a sister hotel (can't remember it's name but nobody spoke English )further from the main town. The room they gave us had no aircon which we'd paid for (it was 35+ degrees) and was dirty. We were given the night for free with a massage as an apology but it was not acceptable to be treated in this way.

The hostel has a great location at 5 min. walking from the night/day markets, many restaurants, shops and pubs trees. Mr. Why Not is very friendly and helpful. We booked the dorm but got a doubleroom with air con instead for the same price. The rooms are ok (nothing special), bathrooms could be better but the beds were nice. I would definitely recommend this place.

• 17th Nov 2015

I really enjoyed the hostel, but sadly I was the only one therelse and I was really looking forward to meeting new people, but the family was nice and extremely helpful!

Good location, room was fine. Hostel seemed to by run by an 9 year old girl.