Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

This is a wonderful hostel!!! I can't believe in my eyes when I came there because the price is very cheap, about 3,5 $ . The design of the hostel, especially the gate is so impressive, clean room, very large beds, friendly and helpful staff. My tuk tuk driver, Sokang, who is also a receptionist of the hostel is very very friendly and funny, he help us very much. Just one thing is that we have to get off the shoes outside :)), maybe because of culture, it's OK.

This is a pretty standard hostel and you really can't go wrong for the value. The location is slightly off the main track but this was great because it was quieter at night. The staff were unbelievably helpful and they can give you plenty of information about how to see the temples depending on your preference.

• 13th Jul 2014

Good place to stay. Very friendly & helpful staff.

Not one thing I could fault with this hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When we arrived they sat us down, gave us a drink and told us about Angkor Wat and the area. Always said hello when they saw us. The room was spacious, everything you needed and was cleaned every day. Definetely a must stay when visiting Siem Reap.

room smelled damp and needed some fixing and cleaning. nice staff

People on previous reviews mentioned the staff being really helpful and the place being homely, this was a primary reason I booked it as I planned a two week stay in siem reap. What I found was a family of nice enough people to see but hardly any help at all, mainly all sat playing on their mobile phones almost avoiding conversation. Other than that the hostel is entirely average for south east asia.

We had a lovely time at Angkor Wonder Hostel! At this hostel, I did not feel like another nameless guest that usually happens at the bigger hostels. Here, I felt like I was a friend. Everyone at the hostel (including all of the tuk tuk drivers) were extremely hospitable and helpful. They gave us lots of suggestions about where to go to eat, shop, etc. It had a very "home" feel to it. Thank you to the staff for making us feel so welcomed!

• 17th Jun 2014

It's a very simple hostel. Rooms are not that new but are spacious and well maintained. But considering the price it offers with the accommodation it provides, you're definitely in the winning side. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Didn't get the chance to meet Mr. Whynot but the staff and the tuktuk driver the hostel has are so nice and kind. Just a tip, when going to the Angkor Wat, get a guide. Knowing the history behind the temple is worth the dollar that you'll be paying.

Angkor Wonder is a pretty good hostel. It is quite clean, and offers very cheap double rooms with aircon. But I don't think it's as good as many of the reviews on hostelworld suggest. Mr. Whynot is indeed quite helpful, but the prices for tickets they sell (for instance for the slowboat to Battambang) are more overpriced then at other hostels, so make sure you buy tickets for tours and arrenge tuctucs elsewhere. Besides that, no complaints: a decent hostel.

I really like the hostel.. good location, nice and clean rooms, very friendly staff.. they can arrange tours to the main attractions and gave me many tips to shop and get traditional food.. for sure I'd stay there again.. very good value for money!

Mr. Whynot was a great guy and very helpful.

Great quality and value!!!!

• 10th Jun 2014

Everything is quite ok. However just thought of mentioning that the owner tries to make money by providing tuk tuk services for temple visits. On an average from anywhere in town you can rent a tuk tuk for a full day for 10-12 dollars. However the owner of the hostel charged us USD 28 for the same. From the second day we haired our own tuk tuk from the town.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • India

Staff were really helpful and friendly. Was great being close to the old market and pub street.

More of a hotel than a hostel. We got a double room with two full size beds, AC, and an ensuite for $5 per person per night. Staff is friendly and helpful, just a 5-10 min walk from everything. It is an old hotel though which comes with the customary signs of aging. Enjoyed my stay and it's a nice break from the dorm life.

very kindly people there!

Great hostel with a very good location (only five minutes walking to the touristic centre and Pub St). Great value for money if you're on a shoestring or a long term traveller. The big plus is indeed the customer service, that is simply superbe: Mister Why Not, the owner, will help you arrange any kind of tour to Angkor and the surronding areas, i.e. the fishing village. His tuk tuk drivers are extremely nice and friendly, we had a great time with Clam.

Nice place, the owner Mr Why Not is a great guy and he helps i whatever you need in town. Good free wi-fi, cheap drinks and laundry. The only problem was the unbearable warm room but when you pay 3 dollars for a bed I assume you should not complain at all. Air con room starts about 10 dollars in the low season. Poor atmosphere as well, there`s no common area for meeting travelers.

Mr. WhyNot i san excellent owner. He was always ready to solve some problem or suggest best solution for your trip. The staff is very kind and everything went good.

Good Hostel and Mr. Whynot was great and very accomodating. I would stay again.

• 21st May 2014