Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Mr. Why Not is very helpful and kind. The location is excellent - very near the Old Market area which has all the restaurants, shopping, bars, bike rentals, etc that you could possibly need. Beds were very comfortable. I would recommend others to stay there.

I stayed in a dorm with five beds (no bunk beds) in a pretty big room so there was a lot of space. No aircon but each bed were provided with a fan. Don't know of often they cleaned the room and bathroom but felt like they never did it during the five nights I stayed there. The location was good. Quiet place with only a few minutes walk to the pub street. Mr Why Not and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

The lock on our door didn't work, which was pretty frustrating. There were only 2 of us in the room (in a 5 bed dorm) which was lovely. But when we both were out all day, leaving our valuables in an unlocked room made me very uncomfortable.

Clem and Mr. Whynot are amazing. So nice, helpful, friendly and also very funny and cool to hang out with. Definately made my stay special. ... Have their own Tuktuk drivers which makes it a lot easier ... Also really big beds and a bit more quiet location, but just 3 min by foot to main streets. Excellent! Have fun guys!

Water outages both nights; I think there is a problem with the water tanks on the roof (if empty, there would be no water pressure). Providing towels would be nice.

Pros: tuktuk available on site, menu, owner (Mr.why not) knowledgable. Cons: building is run down, my ceiling was covered with mold and other black spots along with bathroom, the sheets, pillows, and covers all had holes in them and stains, the sheets looked like they've been used for years... no life left in them. At nights some of the workers of the guesthouse sleep on the floor and bench in the foyer/entrance way of the guesthouse (I guess that's the "security"). Not recommended!!!

Our stay in Angkor Wonder made our first days in Cambodia really special. The hospitalility and friedliness of the khmer running the hostel contributed to a warm and welcoming atmosphere. They helped us in every situation. We definitely recommend staying in Angkor Wonder.

• 16th Aug 2014

Incredible staff, always happy to help and book trips/tuk tuks for you without charging a mark up. Thoroughly recommended.

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was very basic. The staff were very helpful and the location was great. Good air-con and the WiFi was good. We did enjoy our stay.

• 3rd Aug 2014

This is a family run hostel which feels very much like a home-stay. Everyone was so accommodating when I was there. I stayed in the 5 bed dorm which was v spacious and the bed was v cosy. The common area outside the dorm is ideal to hang out with hostel folk. The staff set up tours to visit the temples and organise tuk-tuk drivers at any time you please!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. We used the TukTuk from the hostel to see the temples and the driver was so funny, we hab a great time there.

I only stayed 1 night but it seemed like a cool place and the staff were very polite and helpful

This is a wonderful hostel!!! I can't believe in my eyes when I came there because the price is very cheap, about 3,5 $ . The design of the hostel, especially the gate is so impressive, clean room, very large beds, friendly and helpful staff. My tuk tuk driver, Sokang, who is also a receptionist of the hostel is very very friendly and funny, he help us very much. Just one thing is that we have to get off the shoes outside :)), maybe because of culture, it's OK.

Friendly staff and a free pick-up to get away from those annoying tuk tuk drivers.

This is a pretty standard hostel and you really can't go wrong for the value. The location is slightly off the main track but this was great because it was quieter at night. The staff were unbelievably helpful and they can give you plenty of information about how to see the temples depending on your preference.

• 13th Jul 2014

Good place to stay. Very friendly & helpful staff.

Not one thing I could fault with this hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When we arrived they sat us down, gave us a drink and told us about Angkor Wat and the area. Always said hello when they saw us. The room was spacious, everything you needed and was cleaned every day. Definetely a must stay when visiting Siem Reap.

room smelled damp and needed some fixing and cleaning. nice staff

People on previous reviews mentioned the staff being really helpful and the place being homely, this was a primary reason I booked it as I planned a two week stay in siem reap. What I found was a family of nice enough people to see but hardly any help at all, mainly all sat playing on their mobile phones almost avoiding conversation. Other than that the hostel is entirely average for south east asia.

We had a lovely time at Angkor Wonder Hostel! At this hostel, I did not feel like another nameless guest that usually happens at the bigger hostels. Here, I felt like I was a friend. Everyone at the hostel (including all of the tuk tuk drivers) were extremely hospitable and helpful. They gave us lots of suggestions about where to go to eat, shop, etc. It had a very "home" feel to it. Thank you to the staff for making us feel so welcomed!

• 17th Jun 2014