Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

We enjoyed our stay at Angkor Wonders. Our room with the balcony was clean, bright and spacious. The family is very friendly, always available for a chat and to give valuable advise. Mr. Why Not lent us a great guide book 'Ancient Angkor' for free -very useful during sightseeing. On the last day, after check out, we could leave our luggage safely. We were offered to use the shower facilities before taking bus in the evening. If we are ever in Siem Reap again, that's our spot :) Thanks so much!!

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Poland

Had such an incredible stay here, the family are insanely helpful and so accomadating. The only thing yhat lets this place down was the lack of plumbing in the bathrooms and the cold showers. But I guess you get what you pay for! So much fun! 👍

Nice hostel with super friendly staff. The location is good just five minutes to the tourist area. I didn't find the atmosphere that good and changed hostel after few nights. Also bathrooms in dorms should probably be cleaned more than once in three days but overall it's a nice place to stay. Terrace on the roof is amazing place to chill out.

A room for 9$, they organized a tuk tuk to angkor Wat for us for 18$/5am to 2pm The rooms are not pretty but what do you think for 9$, it's ok just for sleeping

The staff are the best, especially Mr. Why Not (the owner who even gave us beer). Besides that, we had to be changed to a private though we booked a dorm, which was quite hot (and it's only February). Everything else is what you would expect for 4$ a night

Really average place. You wouldn't regret staying here.... BUT you wouldn't miss out on anything if you didn't. My friend and I switched rooms once (their organization system with rooming needs improvement) and we found there was always something broken in the room. First it was the AC, then the next room it was the TV. But overall it was a pleasant stay, as we are just backpackers and we are used to a lot worse. Staff are excellent :) super helpful and kind.

The staff really does this place. Especially the owner, Mr. Why Not, who is so welcoming and helpful. He will do everything to make your stay in Siem Reap as pleasant as possible!

Very polite staff! Nice and chill rooftop

Mr why not and his family offer some brilliant hospitality here. The atmosphere is lovely and the rooms are more than worth the price

good location, very friendly and helpful staff. tv tetris!!! :D

Excelente habitación, super limpio. La habitación super espaciosa y muy cómoda. Buena ubicación, a pasos de las principales calles. El staff muy amable y servicial, muy atentos y amistosos. Excelente opción!!

I actually did not stay at that hostel. When I asked for a free pick up from the boat arriving from Battambang, they refused although it is written on their description. Then they did not even suggest a pick up at a reasonable price. Trust was broken anyway so I cancelled my booking but lost the deposit (OK only the price of a beer!). Fortunately I had booked only the first night of five. Finally I found another cheap accommodation ($4) with a pick up '($3) but I wasted a lot of time.

• 28th Jan 2015

I would definitely recommend this guesthouse. Good clean and comfortable rooms. Very friendly staff. Great location close to the action but not loud or busy. Great value.

Angkor Wonder is in the perfect location. Its just a little walk away from pub street and restraunts/markets. Only downside was the toilet doesnt flush well and the bathroom was tiny. However, for the price ($6ea) its fine nothing we couldn't deal with. We booked a twin single private for 2 nights but ended up staying 5. Mr why not is helpful and friendly.

• 24th Jan 2015

The Boss: Mr. Why Not is the man! He is amazing and runs this hostel with passion. Stay here only because of Mr. Why Not. Best customer service that I have seen so far. I would def. stay here again!

The beds are really big and comfortable ! Globally clean and the staff is just awesome and among the friendliest. Great atmosphere.

The rooms were very spacious and the beds were comfortable, but there was no hot water in the showers which was disappointing. Very central location walking distance from the backpacker area, and super quiet at night. The hostel lacks a communal vibe a lot of other places have, mainly because there's no common space. I'd love to see the large room next to the lobby turned into a common room with tables and couches since it's completely empty now. I think that would really help!

I would really recommend Angkor Wonder to other travellers. The Location is very good, just a few minutes walk from the main road, where you have all restaurants and bars. The rooms are big and clean, good wifi everywhere. The owner is very nice and helpful, he organized all the trips for us, picked us up from the airport etc. Would stay there again, if I come back to Cambodia

Great place - hot shower worked, wifi worked (only in common area), mr whynot is a great guy. Good location. Recommended.

Double beds with memory foam mattresses and excellent wifi. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Plus they offer free pick ups from the airport. Would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3