Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Water outages both nights; I think there is a problem with the water tanks on the roof (if empty, there would be no water pressure). Providing towels would be nice.

Pros: tuktuk available on site, menu, owner (Mr.why not) knowledgable. Cons: building is run down, my ceiling was covered with mold and other black spots along with bathroom, the sheets, pillows, and covers all had holes in them and stains, the sheets looked like they've been used for years... no life left in them. At nights some of the workers of the guesthouse sleep on the floor and bench in the foyer/entrance way of the guesthouse (I guess that's the "security"). Not recommended!!!

Our stay in Angkor Wonder made our first days in Cambodia really special. The hospitalility and friedliness of the khmer running the hostel contributed to a warm and welcoming atmosphere. They helped us in every situation. We definitely recommend staying in Angkor Wonder.

• 16th Aug 2014

can't give this hostel perfect score on any criteria, but it is clean enough and good value for money. The staff speak english and were helpful with my questions. it's perfect for a couple of nights to visit the wats.

Incredible staff, always happy to help and book trips/tuk tuks for you without charging a mark up. Thoroughly recommended.

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was very basic. The staff were very helpful and the location was great. Good air-con and the WiFi was good. We did enjoy our stay.

• 3rd Aug 2014

This is a family run hostel which feels very much like a home-stay. Everyone was so accommodating when I was there. I stayed in the 5 bed dorm which was v spacious and the bed was v cosy. The common area outside the dorm is ideal to hang out with hostel folk. The staff set up tours to visit the temples and organise tuk-tuk drivers at any time you please!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. We used the TukTuk from the hostel to see the temples and the driver was so funny, we hab a great time there.

I only stayed 1 night but it seemed like a cool place and the staff were very polite and helpful

This is a wonderful hostel!!! I can't believe in my eyes when I came there because the price is very cheap, about 3,5 $ . The design of the hostel, especially the gate is so impressive, clean room, very large beds, friendly and helpful staff. My tuk tuk driver, Sokang, who is also a receptionist of the hostel is very very friendly and funny, he help us very much. Just one thing is that we have to get off the shoes outside :)), maybe because of culture, it's OK.

Friendly staff and a free pick-up to get away from those annoying tuk tuk drivers.

This is a pretty standard hostel and you really can't go wrong for the value. The location is slightly off the main track but this was great because it was quieter at night. The staff were unbelievably helpful and they can give you plenty of information about how to see the temples depending on your preference.

• 13th Jul 2014

Good place to stay. Very friendly & helpful staff.

Not one thing I could fault with this hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When we arrived they sat us down, gave us a drink and told us about Angkor Wat and the area. Always said hello when they saw us. The room was spacious, everything you needed and was cleaned every day. Definetely a must stay when visiting Siem Reap.

room smelled damp and needed some fixing and cleaning. nice staff

People on previous reviews mentioned the staff being really helpful and the place being homely, this was a primary reason I booked it as I planned a two week stay in siem reap. What I found was a family of nice enough people to see but hardly any help at all, mainly all sat playing on their mobile phones almost avoiding conversation. Other than that the hostel is entirely average for south east asia.

1 2 Next » last »