Angkor Wonder Hostel Reviews

#59,Street Phsar Krom, Vihear Chen Village, Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Very central, very good price ! Mr. Whynot is the best host ever ! If you need help or advice you will be happy to have him as your host !

• 3rd Jan 2014

For the price the value is excellent! Great location close to downtown. There were ants in our room but when we told the staff they cleaned it up immediately. There were some broken things like the chain lock on the door and there was no bathroom door handle or lock (just a hole). Despite that, our experience there was excellent because the staff, especially the owner Mr. Why Not, were so friendly and great! Mr. Why Not was very helpful and gave great suggestions. Everyone was very welcoming :)

Worth the money. No lockers. I was checked in by a nice British guy and the family that runs it is very nice. The dorm rooms have cold shower - look at the description. 10 min walk to pub street. You get what you pay for.

Super friendly staff, really nice! Wifi was available in the room, which was nice. Within walking distance to the Old Market and Pub Street.

The hostel was pretty clean, especially the rooms. There weren't lockers to store your stuff in which was unfortunate. The showers were FREEZING but I guess that's to be expected in Southeast Asia. The owner was extremely nice and helpful! He picked us up from the bus station for free and gave us a lot of good advice. Overall, I would definitely stay here again!

This is a fantastic place and a very friendly family that runs the place. It's a perfect distance from party central, Pub Street. Great atmosphere and great people. I ended up staying here for a week before reluctantly leaving. Thank you, Mr. Why Not and family!!

• 27th Dec 2013

this was a great Hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. we arrived late and this caused no problem at all. i definitely recommend this hostel its cheap and close to the central (only 5min walk). Thank you :)

The place is nice, the rooms are clean and the building is very well located. Besides, the staff was extremely helpful! I recommended this place for my friends that are also going to Cambodia soon. Great experience!

• 24th Dec 2013

Almost a perfect place, the only problem is that the water did not go to the drain and remained in the bathroom floor

Great value for the money! Mr Why Not and his family are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from pubstreet and the restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay at Angkor Wonder!

Very nice staff and location is great. Only complaint: cold showers.

I have been a backpacker for over 25 years, staying in many hostels around the World, Angkor Wonder is top of my list with out a doubt.Mr Why Not and his family and staff are the most helpful and kindest people you"ll meet. taking you out fishing, going out to villages seeing the really Cambodia a great experence.Retuning next year for the 6th time.

Mr. Why Not (the hostel owner) is very accommodating. He told us every information we need about Siem Reap. He also lent me a book about Angkor. The hotel is also located close to Siem Reap's entertainment triangle. Read the details of our stay here: http://www.freedomwall.net/travel/unusual-hospitality-angkor-wonder-hotel/

I really liked staying at angkor wonder hostel! We got picked up from the airport with a tuktuk by a very nice driver('Charly') who also took us on our 2 day tour through the angkor temples. The atmosphere at the hostel was great and very family-like! Mr. 'Why not' was very nice and helpfull, so was his wife and their little cute doughter was running around the hostel all day, saying hello to everyone :-)! The room we had was clean, just probably not the nicest they have, but ok for 3 nights!

I stayed in the new dorm here and I had a fantastic time, meeting many other travellers which allowed me to save some money by sharing tuk tuk rides to the temples. We had a lot of fun in the garden of the hostel in the evening with a few beers. A lot of good memories were made there. The rooms are basic but very clean and for the price it was very good value. Mr Why Not and his family were great, they helped me with booking tickets and advice about the area and temples. Highly recommended.

• 13th Nov 2013

Hotel was great: excellent staff, good location, good tours with their own tuk tuk driver. Wifi worked in room, computers also available. Given extra fan for fan room and lent books to read up on angkor wat. Quite a lot of mosquitos had managed to get into room, and with it being so hot, bites were unavoidable. Shower was cold, but that wasnt a problem. Great value for money

The staff was excellently friendly and a good help in organizing my further journey.

Really good hostel !! Drinkable water is provided which is not common in cambodia !! the staff is really helpful, they would not mind spending 20 25 min with you just to plan your trip to angkor wat or somewhere else!! Definitly recommended !!!

Felt really welcome on arrival. Mr why not helped us decide a plan for the 3 days we had to visit the Angkor wat site which turned out to be a great plan. The tuk tuk drive he organised for us was excellent.

Fantastic hostel and a great location. Special mention must be given to Mr Why Not, his family and tuk tuk drivers for making our stay amazing. Everyone was so helpful and made our stay effortless and relaxing. Thank you so much

1 2 Next » last »