Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

After a crazy weekend in Amsterdam, it was refreshing to slow down a bit during my visit to Rotterdam. This hostel has all the essentials: Comfortable beds, lockers in the room, free wifi, free breakfast, relaxing common area, clean facilities, great staff. Highly recommended!

• 20th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, wonderful atmosphere, cosy and relaxed, the staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast is included (with coffee, tea, jam, toast and bread, ...) and the kitchen is well-furnished and can be used by everyone, there are lockers in the room and it's very near the central station! I would strongly recommend it, I felt completely at ease there and it was easy to meet other travellers!

Cool place, to chill as you were at your on home. Nice breakfast, staff very helpful in case of need. Definitely the hostel to stay in for Rotterdam.

Clean, friendly and cosy. But a little far from the centre. Still had a lovely time however and would use again happily.

“I have been some hostel, and this is the best of them. Prefect place, great liveingroom with nice music. Everyone has 2 sockets in their lockromm(sorry my english is poor) Very kind staff, good shawer room. If you plan to visit rotterdam, this hostel definitely is the best choice!” I left wrong comment on the cube house hostel. I mean this hostel, not the cube house!

had a rly great time here. close to trainstation and city, staff is rly taking care for a familial atmosphere :). everything is neat and clean and also very cosy. u ll definitely get to know many amazing ppl from all over the world here. all in all it is a place i d come back any time :)

A nice hostel indeed, common area is ideal for single travelers to meet other people. Activities daily on the board. The shower rooms are not so good though, as there is no air ventilation so you end up in drying yourself in the humidity. But the staff are great and its a general cool place to hang out.

This place just feels like home!!

So far, the best hostel I've been. The staffs are lovely and the atmosphere of the common space is suitable for the designers and creative people. The space is well decorated and designed as well as selected furnitures and colours scheme are very inspiring.

We booked this hostel on the basis of its high rating - and we were fairly happy. Our disappointments lay in the mixed bag of staff and the atmosphere. When trying to ask staff about Rotterdam, they often continued their own conversations making their answers short and uninformative. But some of the staff were friendly and helpful. Overall atmosphere was 'meh' Also DO NOT DO THE FREE WALKING TOUR, it is appalling. It is not directly run by Ani & Haakien and should be unendorsed by them

• 12th Aug 2014

Good value for money. Solo traveler in 12 bed mixed dorm. Breakfast started later than I would have liked (8am) - had to request early breakfast and this didn't always work out. Close to Rotterdam Centraal station. Would like to adjust temperature in showers - felt a bit cold to me. Push button is ok. No extractor fan for steam sucks.

• 11th Aug 2014

The hostel is very nice, the girls are kind and helpful. The kitchen and living room are amazing. Beautiful experience, I would go back soon.

• 9th Aug 2014

You will find your new familly far away from home at the best hostel ever! Provides you awesome services and installations and the space itself is adorable! Everything is great, the matress/pillow made me feel I was on my own bed, full equiped kitchen, precious/cozy living room, and the garden...oh the garden! These people make something else around here! The staff are more than lovely, give a phenomenal soul to this place and will make you feel it! Be sure you stop by this precious!

After a long journey i was so happy that i found the hostel after 5 minute walk from central station. That's a big plus and the location is in the city centre, so everything was good to walk. it was like home, the flowers, the smiling faces and the pasta and beer for 3 euro made my long day! Met some nice people at the big kitchentable, and after the staff told us where to go for a drink, we went out together! The night was amazing, and the breakfast was the perfect medicine to my hangover ;)

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Spain

One of the best hostel's I've ever stayed in... if not the best! The location was perfect walking distance to all the sights. Hostel was super clean, modern, cosy, comfortable, has a massive kitchen, common areas and bathroom with plenty of showers. They also have a laundry service so you can get some washing done as well! I really recommend the Dutch cuisine & Architecture tour! Loved this hostel!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I absolutely loved Ani

Rotterdam can seem like a chilled out place with little to do. However this hostel is perfect for a relaxing stay in an easy going city. Right beside the train station. It's a perfect place to stay for a day trip to Amsterdam without the madness. This hostel made my stay in Rotterdam the best.

I had a great stay and would definitely come back again

• 4th Aug 2014

I have been to many hostel in all of Europe and this by far was one of the best! The staff were amazing I came late at night and was greeted and told to relax and enjoy a beer before I got carried away! I will definitely be co Ong back whenever I am in Rotterdam, they are very helpful aswell and made my stay magical.

I loooove this hostel! :D