Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

10 min walk to Coolsingel and city center, close to everything. Friendly staff. Breakfast consists in: bread, eggs, cereals, peanut butter, honey,. Free tea and coffee all day. Very clean. Although we were there for the Rotterdam Marathon and the hostel was full, we did not feel crowded and never stayed in line for toilets or shower.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful. I felt like I had made friends with most of the hostel staff and guests by the time Left (not bad for 3 days). I shall defiantly be booking again when I return to Rotterdam. See you next year for Rotterdam Marathon 2015!

• 10th Apr 2014

Hostel is just less than 5 minutes away walking from central station. Staff is very friendly and helpful, you ask for supermarkets or restaurants nearby. They can also recommend you what to see or do in Rotterdam.

Excellent location and nice atmosphere. Cozy and laid-back. Clean with simple yet chic internal decor. Friendly staff. Highly recommended.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel! The staff was very friendly and the back garden was fabulous! There also was a Music Festival in Rotterdam in those days that I was totally unaware of it and as I walked into the hostel I found some people playing guitar in the back yard making your staying at ease and relaxed. Good facilities, clean and great breakfast too.

I usually don't leave comment for the hostel staying, however this hostel is really perfect! Good value of price, breakfast provided, common area is cozy and toilet is clean! They are using sensor and u no need to adjust the water temperature while you shower. Strongly recommended!

The room is too small with the water pipes on the wall, so it's very noisy. No elevator!! But the location is convenient, near to the train station.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • China

Helpful staff, Joyce, one of the owners is very knowledgeable of Rotterdam. Clerk from Portugal wouldn't go get Joyce one time when I needed some assistance from a Dutch speaker, said, " She's here, no idea where..." Not like the hostel is the size of Siberia and it wasn't busy. Loudest door locks on the dorms I have ever heard. Bring earplugs. Very close to central station and grocers. About a 15 minute walk from the cafes and bars. Can use the kitchen, small fridge space. Highly recommend.

Thanks for your stay & commend. We have been working on the locks of the bedrooms! We now adjust some softlocks that will keep you safe and a sleep! Good travel! Ani & Haakien's Team

An amazing option if you want to visit Rotterdam!!!!

It's a really cozy hostel! My friend and I stayed for one night and we enjoyed it! The staff is really pretty and friendly. Hope to go again:)

The staff is very friendly and useful! Every thing is good.

friendly staff very poor and disappointing breakfast

The hostel was amazing. The staff are great and so helpful. It feels like home, can't wait to go back to this hostel and Rotterdam

Great place to stay, very friendly people and excellent location. I really recommend it as your stop if you want to visit Rotterdam. Don't know where to go in Rotterdam? Ask the staff, they know the best places!

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Belgium

If you are in Rotterdam, this is the place to stay. Three reasons why. (1) Super cool, friendly owners and staff who have a great sense of humour and knowledge of city. - One of the staff even helped me plan out my whole trip to Barcelona, Spain by giving me great recommendations =) (2) Chilled out and cozy atmosphere - The interior decorations really made you feel at home (3) Great location (near central station and locations)

• 3rd Mar 2014

Nice kitchen, breakfast included, however the personal lockers were really small and I missed the courtains in my bed. The staff was friendly. Great location!

I definitely recommend this hostel, all of the staff are so friendly and offered so many useful information. The atmosphere is very cosy and I met a lot of interesting people there. Just next to the central station but very quite. It even has a tiny garden. The only pity was that when I stayed there there's a group of people staying for conference, very noisy and impolite.

I really enjoyed my stay and I wish you the best of luck. Thank you from Canada!

• 26th Feb 2014

A short walk from the main sights in Rotterdam, but a great, chilled atmosphere in the hostel. The staff had a good, local knowledge of the city and they were willing such share with all their guests.

THE owners of this hostel did a very good job if I ever go to Rotterdam again I will stay at Ani Haakien. 2 minutes walk from central station, very frendly staf, cosy living and big kitchen free to use, awesome garden, clean rooms and showers lockers with power outlets free wifi. Great place to stay!

• 9th Feb 2014