Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

So far, the best hostel I've been. The staffs are lovely and the atmosphere of the common space is suitable for the designers and creative people. The space is well decorated and designed as well as selected furnitures and colours scheme are very inspiring.

We booked this hostel on the basis of its high rating - and we were fairly happy. Our disappointments lay in the mixed bag of staff and the atmosphere. When trying to ask staff about Rotterdam, they often continued their own conversations making their answers short and uninformative. But some of the staff were friendly and helpful. Overall atmosphere was 'meh' Also DO NOT DO THE FREE WALKING TOUR, it is appalling. It is not directly run by Ani & Haakien and should be unendorsed by them

• 12th Aug 2014

Good value for money. Solo traveler in 12 bed mixed dorm. Breakfast started later than I would have liked (8am) - had to request early breakfast and this didn't always work out. Close to Rotterdam Centraal station. Would like to adjust temperature in showers - felt a bit cold to me. Push button is ok. No extractor fan for steam sucks.

• 11th Aug 2014

This hostel was awesome! The common room was very cosy and people felt really comfortable to talk with other people staying at the hostel. The rooms were very nice with lockers that had power outlets and everything was very well organized. We really enjoyed our time here and we will definitely go back.

The hostel is very nice, the girls are kind and helpful. The kitchen and living room are amazing. Beautiful experience, I would go back soon.

• 9th Aug 2014

You will find your new familly far away from home at the best hostel ever! Provides you awesome services and installations and the space itself is adorable! Everything is great, the matress/pillow made me feel I was on my own bed, full equiped kitchen, precious/cozy living room, and the garden...oh the garden! These people make something else around here! The staff are more than lovely, give a phenomenal soul to this place and will make you feel it! Be sure you stop by this precious!

After a long journey i was so happy that i found the hostel after 5 minute walk from central station. That's a big plus and the location is in the city centre, so everything was good to walk. it was like home, the flowers, the smiling faces and the pasta and beer for 3 euro made my long day! Met some nice people at the big kitchentable, and after the staff told us where to go for a drink, we went out together! The night was amazing, and the breakfast was the perfect medicine to my hangover ;)

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Spain

One of the best hostel's I've ever stayed in... if not the best! The location was perfect walking distance to all the sights. Hostel was super clean, modern, cosy, comfortable, has a massive kitchen, common areas and bathroom with plenty of showers. They also have a laundry service so you can get some washing done as well! I really recommend the Dutch cuisine & Architecture tour! Loved this hostel!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I absolutely loved Ani

Rotterdam can seem like a chilled out place with little to do. However this hostel is perfect for a relaxing stay in an easy going city. Right beside the train station. It's a perfect place to stay for a day trip to Amsterdam without the madness. This hostel made my stay in Rotterdam the best.

I had a great stay and would definitely come back again

• 4th Aug 2014

I have been to many hostel in all of Europe and this by far was one of the best! The staff were amazing I came late at night and was greeted and told to relax and enjoy a beer before I got carried away! I will definitely be co Ong back whenever I am in Rotterdam, they are very helpful aswell and made my stay magical.

I loooove this hostel! :D

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Serbia

Really great atmosphere, great location and well worth the money

Great location, friendly staff, very cool decor. Not many complaints ...the only downer was having to share a washroom with a bunch of people but I'm just picky like that. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Helpful Staff, cool decore, on quiet street

• 20th Jul 2014

우선 밥에대한 기대는 없애고, 방이 4층인데 계단밖에 없음.. 그래서 캐리어 본인이 들고올리가야함.. 역이랑은 가깝지만 완전 차이나타운

Really good place, great location and easy to find and it had really good wifi and breakfast. Overall very good hostel

The pillows had blood and the bett was dirty... So warm and sooo tiny the room. Also the room was located in the window where all the noise from the people in the terasse could be hear at night... Just the breakfast was really good

Great hostel, cool atmosphere and good location. Close to train station and not on the busy main streets. Only complaint is the motion activated showers.