Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

My original plan was to stay at the hostel for only 2 days, but I liked it so much that I came back for 2 more. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they speak excellent English and play good music. The hostel was very cheap considering the location so close to the central station and how nice it is. You can rent a bike really cheap, which really convenient if you want to see the city. If I ever need a hostel in Rotterdam again, I'm staying here :)

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Had a really good time at this hostel, the staff were friendly and welcoming. The location is good, only a five minute walk from the centre, train station

On of the best hostels I have been to so far!!

This place is amazing! The staff is super cool and works hard to make sure your stay is really enjoyable. They have a great lounge area where you can easily cook and meet other people. It has a really great unique style to it, very Eco minded, an overall an easy place to be. This is the only place I would ever stay in rotterdam

This hostel was genuinely very lovely. Homely and friendly, the staff were very welcoming. The free breakfast was an absolute treat. During the world cup they brought out a projector so we could watch it on the wall. Liked the layout of the rooms too, there was enough space and the plugs inside the lockers was really helpful. Would stay here again.

Absolutely perfect, I like kitchen there are all stuff you might need. The garden is perfect. highly recommend this hostel in Rotterdam!

WiFi is good, not a charging point by every bed so try to find a bed that has one, common area was comfy and garden very nice.

A good hostel. Open kitchen, dining area, living.

The wifi where my bed is (room 1.1), near the window) is a little spotty and i can lose connection at times, but other than that, the whole hostel is fantastic and the staff are all pretty helpful.

Very nice staff members. Clean and tidy. Good security - mobile phones and computers can be charged inside the locker. - room doors and main entrance are locked, and need to be opened by chipcard provided. Free good breakfast! 3-5 mins of walking distance from Rotterdam Centraal Station. Little bit pity for the water's temperature sometime is unstable when bathing Also inside the room you can clearly hear the sound of talking in corridor and bathing water sound

I would completely recommend this place. I met tons of people while staying here since they have an excellent lounge area. The atmosphere is fantastic and the staff even took us out to a club later in the evening.

Sarah the receptionist was amazing gave us such good tips on what to do! The breakfast buffet was the only bad thing definitely was unorganized and not out in the open

Hip Hostel, good rooms, good furniture and good showers. The ground floor is like a living room with a kitchen, very good to get in touch with others. Staff was very well informed about events and sights to see. It has free lockers, some books, little clothing shop and a 70's style entrance Inside.

• 28th May 2014

nice place - breakfast a little hectic with some uncertainty about what was put out by hostel and - but at least it was a decent breakfast unlike some hostels that promise breakfast but only provide bread - eggs appreciated!

All round good hostel. Only real downside is that unless you smoked it was harder to socialise as a solo traveller as most of this took place outside in the smoking area. Also events were few and only seem to occur close to weekend. Would have been nice if there was more organised events to help people socialise. The best hostels are where staff introduce you to others and set small events etc. Breakfast was also basic but good.

Brilliant!

• 25th May 2014

This is an awesome hostel. The rooms were clean and quiet, the showers were hot with good water pressure (and private), and the staff was awesome. It is almost like staying in a cool cafe or something. Plus, the location is very nice -- I was able to walk everywhere I needed to go in 30 min or less. I highly recommend this hostel!

Everything is good, location, staff, facilities, etc. Just a bit messy during breakfast time. I recommend this hostel.

when we arrived at Friday, there was silent disco in the night. it's such an interesting activity! and this hostel is pretty,staffs are nice, it's very closed to main station and easy to find it. the price include breakfast,you can meet many cool people there.

Thank you for being so great, and I wish you all the best. And I hope the next time I come to the Netherlands you will expand to Amsterdam)