Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is a nice place. Really new, so everything is top notch. I arrived on Saturday and found it strange that no one wanted to go to the pub and have a few drinks. So that was a bummer, especially seeing I had just come from Ireland. So I didn't think I enjoyed myself as much as I could staying here. Other than that the beds are super ridiculously comfortable. Oh and maybe fix the shower heads on the top floor as they spray water everywhere.

This is a great hostel with a large lounge and many comfortable chairs which results in a friendly atmosphere that gives a family feel. The staff are great. There is also free computer for people whose wi-fi device is not working. They provide breakfast in the hostel price. I strongly recommend it this place.

It is a fabulous hostel. I wish I stayed longer, if in Rotterdam agin I will defently go back.

Though I always stay at ROOM this hostel was very nice. Its really close to the train station which makes it even more convenient. Right out of the station and make a right and your there. The staff was very nice also

This place is amazing. It's the ideal combination of small hostel feel, while being big enough to have plenty of people to meet. SO MUCH FUN. Having free breakfast helps bring everyone together, and that was really nice, especially since I arrived from a red-eye train at breakfast time. Lockers had electrical plugs too if you care. I docked a bit from facilities because the showers were motion operated and that didn't work well. Concept is fine, but make it work better so I can shower easily!

Really great place to stay cool staff and clean place.

+ welcoming v.helpful staff, fully equipped kitchen, beautiful terrace with place to dry washing, also inside, common area very thoughtful decorated, well organised, rooms ok, nice view, enough toilets/hot showers, very clean - hard to wash long hair under the shower (waters spreads out everywhere)

After a crazy weekend in Amsterdam, it was refreshing to slow down a bit during my visit to Rotterdam. This hostel has all the essentials: Comfortable beds, lockers in the room, free wifi, free breakfast, relaxing common area, clean facilities, great staff. Highly recommended!

• 20th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, wonderful atmosphere, cosy and relaxed, the staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast is included (with coffee, tea, jam, toast and bread, ...) and the kitchen is well-furnished and can be used by everyone, there are lockers in the room and it's very near the central station! I would strongly recommend it, I felt completely at ease there and it was easy to meet other travellers!

Cool place, to chill as you were at your on home. Nice breakfast, staff very helpful in case of need. Definitely the hostel to stay in for Rotterdam.

Clean, friendly and cosy. But a little far from the centre. Still had a lovely time however and would use again happily.

“I have been some hostel, and this is the best of them. Prefect place, great liveingroom with nice music. Everyone has 2 sockets in their lockromm(sorry my english is poor) Very kind staff, good shawer room. If you plan to visit rotterdam, this hostel definitely is the best choice!” I left wrong comment on the cube house hostel. I mean this hostel, not the cube house!

had a rly great time here. close to trainstation and city, staff is rly taking care for a familial atmosphere :). everything is neat and clean and also very cosy. u ll definitely get to know many amazing ppl from all over the world here. all in all it is a place i d come back any time :)

A nice hostel indeed, common area is ideal for single travelers to meet other people. Activities daily on the board. The shower rooms are not so good though, as there is no air ventilation so you end up in drying yourself in the humidity. But the staff are great and its a general cool place to hang out.

This place just feels like home!!

So far, the best hostel I've been. The staffs are lovely and the atmosphere of the common space is suitable for the designers and creative people. The space is well decorated and designed as well as selected furnitures and colours scheme are very inspiring.

We booked this hostel on the basis of its high rating - and we were fairly happy. Our disappointments lay in the mixed bag of staff and the atmosphere. When trying to ask staff about Rotterdam, they often continued their own conversations making their answers short and uninformative. But some of the staff were friendly and helpful. Overall atmosphere was 'meh' Also DO NOT DO THE FREE WALKING TOUR, it is appalling. It is not directly run by Ani & Haakien and should be unendorsed by them

• 12th Aug 2014

Good value for money. Solo traveler in 12 bed mixed dorm. Breakfast started later than I would have liked (8am) - had to request early breakfast and this didn't always work out. Close to Rotterdam Centraal station. Would like to adjust temperature in showers - felt a bit cold to me. Push button is ok. No extractor fan for steam sucks.

• 11th Aug 2014

This hostel was awesome! The common room was very cosy and people felt really comfortable to talk with other people staying at the hostel. The rooms were very nice with lockers that had power outlets and everything was very well organized. We really enjoyed our time here and we will definitely go back.

The hostel is very nice, the girls are kind and helpful. The kitchen and living room are amazing. Beautiful experience, I would go back soon.

• 9th Aug 2014