Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam Reviews

Coolsestraat 47-49, Rotterdam, Netherlands

good location, nice staff, clean environment!

Such a wonderful hostel, the staff and style of the hostel are . Location is quite close to the train station which was brilliant for me as I had a 0600 train. Only stayed one night, but the clientele (apart from the dude that put his pack in the middle of the room so everyone had to step around it) were quite awesome, lots of friendly people to have a chat and a beer with on the patio. If I ever come back to Rotterdam, I know where I'm staying!

We are happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and our hostel location was helpful for you. Hopefully till next time ;)

The location is perfect!It's very close to the central station and placed in a quiet and safe area,but at the same time you can get everything you need:supermarkets,pubs,clubs,coffeshops,metro just walking!All the staff is very kind and friendly.They can give you lots of tips to visit the city.Everything at the hostel is made with care and in a creative way,cozy living room, big kitchen,wide spaces and a great garden with porch.Their bike rental service is awesome:cheap fares&supercomfortable!!

• 17th Sep 2014

He you! Thnx! You made some awesome photo’s on your bike trip! We loved having you here hope to see you back one day!! Liefs us ;)

Thanks everyone at Ani & Haakien Hostel, I had a great time staying with you, will recommend your place for sure and hope to be back to stay soon soon ! Mike M x

M! We sure do hope to see you back soooon! Groetjess Ani&Haakien ;)

Hostel was very nice. Staff extremely friendly and knowledge. Lounge was like from your own home very you could easily meet other people. We used their washing machine and all the washes became clean. Kitchen is awesome, you can cook what ever you want to. Location is not best but Rotterdam is not that big that you couldn't get to somewhere within 30 minutes. Room is not special but its very clean. Breakfast is not too good but it's okay for free. I can highly recommend.

Just perfect. Great location, everything's just as you want it to be. Thanks for the pleasant stay!

Thanks for taking some time to write us a review! Groetjes the Ani&Haakien's Team :)

This is by far the nicest hostel my partner and I have stayed in on our European journey so far. Incredibly safe, clean, comfy, and FUNKY. Amazing atmosphere, great chill out spaces. FREE MORNING COFFEE!! Good location. Very close to station. Cool garden area. Showers are a bit cool but you adapt and the free breakfast definitely makes up for it. Well done ANI and HAAKIEN .

• 12th Sep 2014

Great location and sturdy wifi

A very nice receptionist, with a nice welcoming smile ! Pay attention also to your demands. Thank you, and "à bientôt" !

I really enjoyed it here. The staff were friendly and very accommodating (I was there a month ago), and made it very worth staying there. The location is great. The shower motion sensor thing is weird, but not unusable at all. I enjoyed their breakfast. I would definitely stay there again!

Easily the best hostel experience I have had. The common room is cozy like you're hanging out in the living room of your house. The kitchen is great and has almost every piece of cooking hardware you'll need - real nice patio out back too. The staff were incredible and they did an awesome job of making you feel welcomed into their home. Only planned on staying 2 nights, ended up staying 4! These ladies have thought of all the small things and did it right. A+ hostel experience!

A lot of effort has been put into this hostel, the staff and are super friendly and there is a homely feel. If I visit Rotherham again would be sure to stay at Ani & Haakien.

• 4th Sep 2014

Amazing breakfast, friendly staff, super location, terrible showers, unbearably hot in upper level dorms.

Thnx for taking your time to write us a review ;) We know we can improve the top floor! When we have some good sunny days here in the Netherlands it indeed get's a little warm up there. We are working on this problem so soon we will have solved it. Great to have had you here & thnx for your commend. Liefs the Ani&Haakien Team!

Everything worked really well. Nice staff and great area to eat, cook, drink and chat. The hostel is near the (beautiful) central station The city is also very nice. Certainly I will stay more than one day next time.

Great hostel with really friendly staff, nice atmosphere, good WiFi connection and they serve pretty good breakfasts too.

This hostel is a nice place. Really new, so everything is top notch. I arrived on Saturday and found it strange that no one wanted to go to the pub and have a few drinks. So that was a bummer, especially seeing I had just come from Ireland. So I didn't think I enjoyed myself as much as I could staying here. Other than that the beds are super ridiculously comfortable. Oh and maybe fix the shower heads on the top floor as they spray water everywhere.

This is a great hostel with a large lounge and many comfortable chairs which results in a friendly atmosphere that gives a family feel. The staff are great. There is also free computer for people whose wi-fi device is not working. They provide breakfast in the hostel price. I strongly recommend it this place.

It is a fabulous hostel. I wish I stayed longer, if in Rotterdam agin I will defently go back.

Though I always stay at ROOM this hostel was very nice. Its really close to the train station which makes it even more convenient. Right out of the station and make a right and your there. The staff was very nice also

This place is amazing. It's the ideal combination of small hostel feel, while being big enough to have plenty of people to meet. SO MUCH FUN. Having free breakfast helps bring everyone together, and that was really nice, especially since I arrived from a red-eye train at breakfast time. Lockers had electrical plugs too if you care. I docked a bit from facilities because the showers were motion operated and that didn't work well. Concept is fine, but make it work better so I can shower easily!