Animation City Hostel Reviews

2. Haris koez, Budapest, Hungary

The female staff member was really nice. The others were distant but quick to help if you needed anything. The location was fantastic! The room was spacious and nice!

I really liked the location and the easy access to the hostel. I got a mail from the hostel before the stay with good information and information about the reception opening hours that have been criticized on this page. Moreover, once you have checked in, you get a key code and get inside of the house with it. I think 2 bathrooms in total are not much if the hostel is fully booked. However, during the low season there was no queue and all the common facilities were very neat and clean.

Although the staff were all friendly and helpful, I am extremely annoyed and disappointed to arrive back from Budapest with a delayed reaction to bed bug bites all over my arms and neck. I was also angry when arriving back to my room one evening to find that my hung up clothes had been taken down and the bed clothes had been bunched up on the bed. Someone had come in to disinfect the room without opening the window. All my clothes and the bed sheets smelt..and I still received bed bug bites!

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Wales

Loved it here! We booked a private room for two and basically had our own flat seperate from the main hostel with a kitchen and a great bathroom! Felt like a luxury break away from the normal style of hostels. Located just off one of the main pedestrian streets on Pest side, it is a 10 min walk to the Jewish Quarter, where everything happens at night. It is also only a few minutes to the bridges to get across to Buda. There are trams nearby too so perfect location.

Animation hostel were very accomodating to all our needs. We only stayed for one night and requested to leave our bags there for the week, and although there was not much space they were happy to help. Only problems are that only 2 bathrooms becomes a bit problematic, however the lack of space makes it understandable. Air con would be good too but other than that it was a lovely hostel :)