Animation City Hostel Reviews

2. Haris koez, Budapest, Hungary

It was a bit difficult to find as it is situated in a normal building and you have to ring the bell to get in. Staff could have been a bit more smiley, but they were still helpful. For a hostel that calls itself "Animation", it wasn't very animated, which for me it was perfect because I actually wanted to have some sleep :)

We had a double room with 'private' bathroom which we assumed would be ensuite but was not. We had use of a living room and kitchen area, shared with just one other room which was good. Didn't get much sleep as the street was really noisy (serves us right for wanting a central location!), hot and bright from lights outside. If you are after a good location then go for this hostel but take your ear plugs and eye mask!

Excellent place, we rented double bed room and we felt like staying in our own apartment, a lot of privacy great staff and a lot of comfort :)

Staff were very unfriendly at reception especially when greeting us, atm was broken as was the air conditioning , the shower was cold water and broken and also the description advertised states a double bed which you pay extra for yet it was two single beds one of which was broken on arrival yet was not fixed until our last night , i would not recommend this place for short or long term stay and prices were not cheap for what you get.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

방은 넓고 공용공간도 넓으나 시설이 낡았음. 화장실이 매우좁음... 좀 지저분한거같기도 위치는 좋음 데악역 도보로금방이고 유람선타러가는 곳도 금방 스태프들은 친절함

Pretty standard hostel, got a bed for a night for a relatively good price. The dorm room was spacious and setup nicely so that you could interact with your roommates which I liked. The rest of the hostel was pretty average. Nice and quiet if that's what you're looking for during your stay in Budapest. Also good location with many things nearby within walking distance.

The place was great. It's central, just outside the hostel there's a bunch of restaurants you can choose from which won't hurt your pocket. The hostel itself was clean, the staff was really nice and helpful.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

I liked the hostel overall, but I was surprised one day coming back to the room and it was torn apart. The staff was spraying the whole facility, which I appreciate, but notice would have been nice. Not many people used the common kitchen area, but I don't blame the hostel for that.

Although is more of a hotel, rather than hostel I really enjoyed my stay. Very nice people work there, single rooms are spacious and clean. The location is in the heartland of Budapest.

the internet connection is poor

Was amazed to find we had a whole apartment that was only shared with one other couple. Staff so friendly and felt very comfortable in the area! Would be a pleasure to stay here again :-)

This was my first time in Budapest and all I can say is that the Hostel is fantastic! It is located very close to Vaci utca which is a very touristic street full of restaurants, coffee shops, shops and even a mall. The hostal itself was great, very clean and attentive to our needs and very affordable! Due to a minor unexpected problem we had to switch rooms to an even better room but everything else was fine. If I were to go back to Budapest I would definitely stay here again!

Excelent hostel! I was three days in Budapest and those were excelent, the hostel is very good, the starf always were worry about us and what we need, they help us until to take the taxi to go the airport. I left the city with a very good impression and this was due to my stay in this place. Finally I have to say the hostel is in the centre of the city and this help a lot when you dont know the city.

Really nice staff and excellent location. Will stay here again if I come back to Budapest

I really appreciated first of all the staff kindness; I've been here twice and I always experienced a top level cordiality and helpfulness. The location is the best in Budapest, the room was beautiful and romantic, really clean, the living room was very big and with a beautiful furnishing! internet fast! very difficult to leave….

Great place to discover budapest, excellent location, not for people looking for party. But excellent indeed. Really recommended

I had a great stay at Animation City Hostel! Reasonable price, nice atmosphere, very fiendly staff, clean and cosy rooms and nearby the city center & even free laundry! Thank you very much, I enjoyed my stay and I'll come back next year to your Hostel definitely! Thank you for everything!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I didn’t stay there because I had to cancel. I filled out the form because it was the only way to leave a comment. to hostelworld.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

location = perfect my private room = a room in an apartment in same buiding (but different entrance) no common hostel areas to share time with other travelers but plenty space for yourself almost LuisXVIII decoration and furnitures but all new + gigantic kitchen + big bathrooms ikea stile

Best location, great and super kind and friendly staff! clean, lovely room and big bathroom! I definitely suggest!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4