Animation City Hostel Reviews

2. Haris koez, Budapest, Hungary

Excelent hostel! I was three days in Budapest and those were excelent, the hostel is very good, the starf always were worry about us and what we need, they help us until to take the taxi to go the airport. I left the city with a very good impression and this was due to my stay in this place. Finally I have to say the hostel is in the centre of the city and this help a lot when you dont know the city.

Really nice staff and excellent location. Will stay here again if I come back to Budapest

• 13th May 2015
  • Denmark

I really appreciated first of all the staff kindness; I've been here twice and I always experienced a top level cordiality and helpfulness. The location is the best in Budapest, the room was beautiful and romantic, really clean, the living room was very big and with a beautiful furnishing! internet fast! very difficult to leave….

Great place to discover budapest, excellent location, not for people looking for party. But excellent indeed. Really recommended

I had a great stay at Animation City Hostel! Reasonable price, nice atmosphere, very fiendly staff, clean and cosy rooms and nearby the city center & even free laundry! Thank you very much, I enjoyed my stay and I'll come back next year to your Hostel definitely! Thank you for everything!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I didn’t stay there because I had to cancel. I filled out the form because it was the only way to leave a comment. to hostelworld.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

location = perfect my private room = a room in an apartment in same buiding (but different entrance) no common hostel areas to share time with other travelers but plenty space for yourself almost LuisXVIII decoration and furnitures but all new + gigantic kitchen + big bathrooms ikea stile

Best location, great and super kind and friendly staff! clean, lovely room and big bathroom! I definitely suggest!

It was rather difficult to find as there's absolutely no sign of the hostel, I had a nice gentleman from the bar in front offering me help and calling the hostel to open the door for me. The staff was super friendly, both the guy at night and the girl in the morning - can't complain about them! But the room was super poor, sheets were smelly and most important: that area is so loud, I couldn't get any sleep due to the drunk singing/screaming people outside :(

Dear Andrea!Thank you for taking time to rewiew us.Unfortunately we have no permission from the local government to put a sign outside.To avoid complaints and misunderstandings,we send a detailed direction for everybody immediately after booking.Since we are located in the middle of the downtown,it can be noisy sometimes,but on average it is a small,nice pedestrian street,where the hostel faces.We really appreciate your opinion,it can help us a lot to develop in the future.Thank you once more.

The floor in the two-bed private is super squeeky. The bedding was a bit smelly and the beds are low quality and very very noisy! So no good sleep for me that night. Apart from that the hostel is clean and nice. bathrooms were all good. The location could not be any better!! and the overall value for money was all right. With better beds I wouldn't go anywhere else...

Great place with loads of bars/restaraunts right next to you and close to all the major sights. When we arrived,we had a free upgrade to an apartment which was great. Staff are so friendly.

Best location well hidden little gem. People need to choose this hostel as their first choice to stay in Budapest will be returning in August!!!

• 20th May 2014

Thanks for a nice stay! Budapest is lovely and you have a nice little hostel! :-)

Very nice place. It might be noisy sometimes but it did not bore us. People are really nice! Viktoria, you rock :)

• 29th Jan 2014

Great location steps from main shopping area. They let me check in early. Staff super helpful.

Very nice hostel!

The hostel was not so far from city center. There were small cabinet which you can put your stuff there and it has key for you. There were small shower in hostel but it was ok.

Had a terrible experience at this hostel. Having booked a bed in a six bed dorm I arrived to find that I was infact in the 6 bed dorm, however there was an extra foldout small bed in the room which I was assigned- making it a 7 bed dorm. Extremely uncomfortable and tiny room. Noisy. 2 showers only for the whole hostel. And a kitchen which was so tiny with poor facilities I wouldn't even bother using. I cancelled my second night and found somewhere else to stay. Not recommended!

There is no common room and the wifi was poor, the kitchen is also currently under construction but still usable!

• 8th Nov 2013