Anjali Inn Reviews

Plot No 15, Sag baug, Andheri Kurla Road, Between Marol & Sakinaka, Near Mittal Estate i ag, Mumbai, India

It's below average for India. It's okay for a night (arrive late, fly out next day) as it's very close to the airport. If you want to see Mumbai you have to take a tuktuk to the station and a train for 30 mins. The whole trip costs about 50R, but I wouldn't want to spend a whole hour for one way more than once. Good airport hostel, but bad hostel for visiting the city. The owner is quite rude sometimes. He offers free airport pick up, but charges you if you're late and doesn't inform him...

A present from heaven if you have a flight delay or you have to stay for a couple of hours at the ariport. The pick up service is fantastic, the staff is friendly and you can take a good shower and a nap in between your connecting flight.

Anjali Inn is a nice place to stay.

The staff was super helpful and excellent. Both people who were working there went way out of the ordinary to help me find some places I was looking for and finish some projects I needed to get done before leaving for the airport the next day. They were very wonderful and I would be happy to stay with them again in a heartbeat!

Inexpensive, but real value for money. Rooms need a fresh coat of paint or a good wall-wash, but linen were clean. Staff were very friendly and helpfull. I recommend this as a transit hotel for the seasoned traveler on a budget.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Norway

I knew nothing of Mumbai when I arrived so the pick-up from the airport was very welcomed! The place I stayed at is not the same as in the photographs, however, because there are two locations. I was at the one on Marol Maroshi Road. Andheri East is not the best location for you if you have a set itinerary filled with the more "touristy" sights but is is PERFECT if you are interested in experiencing Mumbai/Bombay on a more intimate level. Tuk-tuks to the the train stations are easy to find!

The most important thing to me is the people.The personel knows how to give service without ripping out your entire budget. Therefor I strongly recommend everybody, poor or rich, traveling in Mumbai to checkin at Anja-linn and meet theese kind people.

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Sweden

This place is ok. Close to the airport but over an hour from Mumbai city. The rooms and dark and small, but ok for the price. The staff are accommodating - our flight into Mumbai was delayed by an hour, the staff were happy to come back out and pick us up. The food is pretty nice but the hot water is unreliable.

There's one manager who speaks English and when he's around, everything runs smoothly. When he's out, all bets are off. They do a good job with the facilities they have. I even had a hot shower two of my three mornings there. A little far from most areas of Mumbai you want to be in, but it's not hard to get to the Andheri train station: just take bus 340 from the big road a few blocks away. In a few months, the Metro will be operating and this place will be more convenient.

This wasn't the same Anjali Inn that we stayed at two years ago. The other property seemed nicer and in a better area. The room was very small but clean and the staff were friendly and helpful, the free airport transfer was smooth with no problems.

• 30th Dec 2013

We arrived into Mumbai at 1 am and arranged a free airport pick up - even though we were delayed by over an hour due to immigration and baggage - our driver had waited and took us safely back to the hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we arrived and the next day. All hostels are expensive in Mumbai but this is good value - the room was basic but clean and there is free wi fi. However, because its close to the airport, it is some distance from the centre/tourist sights

The bed and room were good, bed was comfortable and there was AC which is necessary in Mumbai. The location can be a bit hard to find if they dont pick you up and getting to central Mumbai is also a bit challenging but kinda fun. However, avoid coming back during rush hour!

We stayed just one night after flying into Mumbai. Hotel is close to airport and included airport pickup. Hotel is o.k. For this purpose. In order to keep a/c on all night you must keep main light on too (this is a little weird).

if you need to go to the airport the next morning, it is excellent, only 20mins away from the airport, by tuc-tuc. this means you are 2hrs away from anything else. the rooms are small, I've been given a room near the entrance ad it was noisy. no breakfast (I asked it but I didn't get any), rude staff.

It was simple. Very close to the airport but not close to anything in the center of Mumbai - if you're planning on spending lots of time downtown be prepared to shell out lots for cabs (it took us more than an hour from downtown) or figure the railway system out.

• 6th Nov 2013

Staff was really nice but they overcharged me - instead of taking 20 rp for a bottle they charged 50 rp for each - my friend just had to pay just 20 rp. That wasnt nice!

• 30th Oct 2013

Amazing staff and nice AC dorm! Fast free wifi. Excellent free airport pickup even early in the morning. Location good when flying in/out of BOM. Recommend the restaurant of the fancy looking hotel right on the other side of the road.