Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

i've stayed at Anker Hostel a few times while working in Oslo, and it's been a good place to stay on those occasions. They may not compare to upscale boutique hostels but they have the basics cowered. Centrally located within walking distance of the bus/train stations and close to the nightlife of Grünerløkka. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The reception/bar area is usually buzzing and a good place to meet fellow travelers. I'm sure I'll be staying there again.

The location and staff were excellent! There was something off with the atmosphere; being huge for a hostel it lacked the friendliness and relaxed attitude of other visitors. Good for people who want something practical.

• 16th May 2015
  • Mexico

Great staff, but it was cheaper to add a night at place than it was to pay over internet.

• 15th May 2015
  • Sweden

We stayed in Oslo for a few days and this hostel was situated in a good area ,the lady at the desk lost our reservation we then were put into a room full of men and asked to move as we requested female dorm which was no problem and in the female dorm we had people being sick in the middle of the night into cup next to there bed , not the nicest thing to here in the middle of the night Not the hostels fault but should monitor the people a little closer

The good thing in this hostel is the location, but that's it. You need to rent there linens and towel. And it lacks the hostel atmosphere.

Deposits for kitchen utensils/lack of common kitchen was kind of silly.

Everything was very nice! clean room and friendly staff. and close to the center.

Take out kitchens from the rooms, leave just bathrooms then.

Still strikingly expensive for a hostel, but I know this is Oslo prices

• 5th May 2015

I had a good time at Anker Hostel. All the staff were friendly and helpful. People were very sociable down at the reception/lounge area. I wish there was a communal kitchen as there were only small kitchenettes in each dorm room. However the individual kitchen boxes provided were a real novelty!!

Very nice and helpful staff, located closely to main train station and all the attractions:) Highly recommended:)

• 24th Apr 2015

My only concern is related to security. The room was quite hot and I opened one of the windows, but it was just the by the street behind the building, quite easy for someone to sneak in the room... although I did not have any problems (just a little bit noisy on Saturday after 2am!), I think that could be improved.

Very easy really Enjoyed

The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating and it was close to public transport and good sight-seeing areas, but the hostel itself once you walked past the reception felt kinda dingy. It felt like I was in an old dorm at a college that was in serious need of renovation. They also charge you for whatever they can, from sheets and towels (although this is typical for towels) to using the luggage room. Like the people, but I'd think twice about staying there again.

The location is excellent, right on the edge of Grunerlokka, a five minute walk from Central Station, and ten minute from Karl Johans. Some of the staff were a touch rude and it was difficult to get their attention at front desk, but I had a mostly positive experience. I would probably stay there again if I were returning to Oslo, just because of location and the price.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Quite expensive compared to other Hostels I've stayed, but completely acceptable by Norwegian standard. It was strange that the kitchenette is in the dorm but it didn't bother me too much. Staff are very friendly and helpful if you engage them (Norwegians don't seem to be big on small talk).

I have stayed 2 nights at Anker Hostel. I got impression during my staying that the hostel only require to travelers and do not consider our feeling and convenient. No lockers in room, totally not enough shower room and toilet qt'y compare with customer number. Various aditional payments to rent something.. However they warning many things. "Do not ~", "No guarantee ~", "You will be fined NOK X00, if you are doing ~".. And the staff was really not friendly neither.

I was not impressed with the setup of this hostel versus others I have stayed in. Having a bathroom and shower in each room is good, but to cook you need to check out a set of dishes, most of which do not even have a cutting knife of board. It seems red oculus to have to cook dinner and breakfast when room mates may still be sleeping, also awkward to cook in the bed room. The location seems good, easy walk to the train station and right along the river that runs through oslo

Overly unimpressed with this Hostel especially for the price. Rooms and washrooms were unclean and power points in the rooms did not work.

Great hostel, shared rooms are big and clean. The shower is amazing, good temperature and pressure (not many hostels have good showers). The only bad thing is the street is a bit doggy at night time, but the location is excellent, only 10min walking from the main street and central station. Totally recomended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3