Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Seemed like an okay hostel. Met some nice people and the rooms were good. Unfortunately, some of the staff ( not all) seemed quite rude and unwilling to help. No lockers in the room, bit of a downside. Otherwise okay.

What a surprise is to rent the kitchen utensil to cook your own food as no common kitchen but private kitchen in each dorm....Norway is Expensive but you don't expect this... But in Norway, few hostel...Unfortunately Localtion & tidyness OK but something is missing the Traveller vibe /Spsirit

negativ: no oven and extra payment for many things (like sheets, soap)

I think it's little expensive because you have to buy linen and there isn't breakfast.

Good hotel

This is a hotel with dorms, NOT a hostel. There is no atmosphere. The common room is actually just the foyer area. Plus I thought the staff were pretty unhelpful

Had a great stay! Hostel was warm and clean. Just a shame I was in a dorm room and one of the guys was snoring REALLY LOUD so not much sleep had, not the hostels fault :)

It's always the same here; it's very good staying there and the staff is very helpfull.

Nice and clean rooms but breakfast (60 NOK) was awful. Bread wasn't fresh.

Simple but clean hostel, with friendly staff.

Good hostel, but it does unfortunately fall down on a couple of things. 1. breakfast could be in the hostel itself, but its not its down the road and nothing to do with the hostel. Lady in there was friendly enough though. 2.You have to pay more when you arrive for sheets, your not allowed to use sleeping bags (why?) so you are forced to pay this hidden cost. For £40 or so a night (I know its cheap by Oslo standards) in a hostel I feel this is unreasonable to say the least and very sneaky.

The hostel was great, there was only two cheap hostel in Oslo which costs around 20 euro, I pick this one because the other one had a lot of reviews regarding bed bugs. I was impressed by the tidness of the room, the toilet and shower was also inside the room which is very convinent as the other hostel apparently the showers and toilets were on a different floor. Also had great roommates were all friendly and considered. However there wasn't much youth traveller vibe, not a big common area or ba

no breakfast or linned included

We were two girls staying at Anker Hostel on NYE night. The location is very good and we didn't see any suspicious people on the 10 min. walking distance between the railway station and the hostel. The rooms are clean and quiet. Each dorm has a small bathroom, which is a great thing but for 8 people staying in one dorm it was unfortunately not enough. In the area of the reception there is a nice space with sofas to chill out, a coffee machine (20NOK per one cup) and wc.

Nice and friendly staff. Spacious room (8 bed dorm). Close enough to walk to train station (10 minutes) and centre of town. Costly, like everything in Norway, but frustrating to have to pay extra for bed linen. on arrival. Limited powerpoints in rooms. A good option in Oslo.

The hostel was nice enough to meet my humble expectations when I backpack in Europe. However, I must say that the hostel lacked the energetic atmosphere that I have come to enjoy in other hostels.

Not much to do on the Hostel, maybe because it was Christmas eve. Although they should offer some sort of party, dinner or whatever. I wouldn't stay there again, but you can try. Easy to get from central station, but I'd suggest a more central place if you are going for a short period.

The hostel is well located, but is too expensive. They dont offer anything else, just a simple room and clean linen that you must hire. Futhermore, the bathroom is realy small and there is just a cortain at the shower, so, all the floor get wet.

Great kitchenette in dorm rooms, having to borrow utensils etc from reception is a bit of a pain though. Good location in a largely walkable city. Just unfortunately expensive - like most things in Norway. Didn't have a fantastic stay, mostly due to the people in the dorm, rather than the fault of the hostel though.

What a wonderful place to stay in Oslo! The staff is really helpful! Location is quite good. It only takes you 10-15minutes walking from central station. I was waken up by the noise made by my roommate who wake up in 5 am…cause I live in 8-bed dormitory…but it is not related to rate the hostel. I will definitely recommend it to my friends.