Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

There are many hidden costs during atay in this hostel. First of all they basically force you to rent bed linen or everything you need in the kitchen. Especially in Norway you would prefer to have a spoon or a bowl in the room. The internet connection although free was terribly slow even for communication. And the constant noise from the outside every morning of every day, simply horrible. The locals said that there is a lot of drug addicts around the hostel so it might be dangerous.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

I was only there to sleep for about five hours before waking up to catch a flight, so didn't really get the chance to socially. The lobby was full at midnight, and everyone was nice. The hostel is VERY close to the Oslo Central Station which makes it very convenient for those who are either arriving on a late train or departing on an early one, I was both.

Group of 4 lads stayed and found the hostel to be a great choice! Fun and lively in a excellent location with everything you needed and expected for the price paid. Would definitely stay again!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Wales

Not too shabby. My dorm was always quiet and pitch black by 9. So unless I was sleeping I couldn't really stay in the dorm without feeling rude. You do have to buy your own sheets, for like $5usd, but a couple roommates didn't have them even though it's required.

Great price considering is Oslo. The staff was ok, but the rooms were very small. Besides, there is a park where homeless and sk8ters go in the middle of the night, so it's difficult to have a good sleep. Not the best, not the worst.

it's really nice but the bathroom has no showerplate and the water falls everywhere

The experience was really good . We just stayed at outside the hostel . The sleep was good . The people were really friendly . I hope that they more room space. The space and the bathroom were not so good . Palace was really small

• 18th Aug 2015
  • India

The girl who checked us in wasn't very friendly, or helpful. Didn't seem like she even wanted to speak to us. The room smelt musty and dirty. The bathroom was gross. Could do with a clean..

This hostel is in an amazing location and only a ten minute walk from the central train station! It's definitely one of the cheapest hostels in Oslo. We met some amazing people there and the beer is very cheap. And they have a kitchen on the top floor. The only thing I would complain about is one of the staff members was disgustingly rude. The others were nice though. 100% would stay again! Oh an you can also get a kebab pizza from a takeaway shop round the corner

What can I say, great hostel in a awesome location. Stayed in a 8 bed dorm and only real thing I could bad about it was how hot it was in the mornings. Do recommend though. Enjoyed the stay.

• 16th Aug 2015

quite expensive, is not good that you need to pay for the sheets, the staff is too busy to give you advice on what to do in the city, there are no activities organized by the hostel, the Internet is really really slow, the bathrooms in the rooms are not cleaned everyday

Stayed in Anker for four nights. Nice place to stay and the staff was loads of fun! Cheapest accommodation in Oslo, yet in the scale of hostels pretty expensive. Rooms were ok, my dorm was nice and spacious. The bar serves probably the cheapest beer in Oslo centre. In the common room it's easy to go and talk with people, plenty of backpackers. Good experience, would come again! x

Cheapest drinks in Town!

Nice enough hostel but other than the bar crawl didn't seem the most social.

• 6th Aug 2015

There were strange people on the street from the centre to the hostel. I didn't feel safe to walk there. And paying extra money to use pots and pans is a bit ridiculous. The hostel felt more like an hotel, but the location is good.

Absolutely the best hostel in Oslo! The atmosphere in the hall, the comfy couches, the diversity of the people staying there, everything was just amazing and made us feel like we were home! Keep it this way!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I was only there 1 night, and just like the reviews say, the common room is full of people that are just looking at their phones! no one is socializing! So it just made me want to go to sleep. Staff was nice, location was excellent, very clean. More of a hotel than it is a hostel in my opinion. Be aware that you have to pay for bed sheets and towels tho. The city of Oslo in general is very expensive.

Cleanest hostel I've ever been to and they sell beer until 3am! Everywhere else in Oslo stops selling beer in the evening unless it's a bar.

Hostel in a decent location. Near the train station. Wifi was good. The worst thing about our stay was the smell of our room! It smelled awful. Not sure if it was the people in our room or the lack of cleaning. Staff were very friendly though

The room I had was very spacious, we had our own bathroom and kitchenette as well (8 bed dorm) and it was reasonably clean. There aren't a lot of hostels to choose from in Oslo, and this was the closest one to the city centre I think. Given how expensive Norway is, I think this was a great hostel for the amount I paid for it. Also met some awesome people here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5