Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

More like a hotel with several people in a room than a hostel. No proper common area, no fun place to gather - just rooms and reception. Though the rooms were great, the staff was helpful, the location (right on the bus and tram lines) was good.

Nice staff. Good location. Just in front of tram stop Hausmanngate. Clean dormitory, though can't find any trash bin in the room or toilets.

This hostel was very nice and cozy. My only issue was that they charged you for linens (no sleeping bags allowed), and there is a deposit to use cooking equipment. But alas, this is Norway, so expect to pay an arm and a leg regardless.

The kitchen is in the 8th floor. You need to ask for the kitchen elements in order to use It. They give them for 3 hours. Very important in an expensive city.

Very nice hostel right in the city centre! The staff were kind, wifi was available but didn't always work...still worth it being in Oslo

There is no other locker than a common one. The hostel don't plan any activities. The wifi is only in the common part. The common part or not well organise. There is no computer in the Hostel for the customers. No plates or Cook pan in the kitchen. The buliding is old in a dirty and destroyed kind of way.

It was very good

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

It is fairly close to the train station, the waterfront, and Karl Johans Gate. I know Scandinavia is expensive, but I expected a bit more value for my money. You had to pay extra for linens and there were no lockers in the rooms. There wasn't even hand soap in the bathroom. The airport express train was about $27 each way so a $40 hostel stay turned into almost $100! I had another 1 night layover on the way back from Iceland so I chose to take my $100 and stay at a nicer hotel by the airport.

Nice, central hostel close to everything and easily reachable from the central station. Bar in the hostel was nice, rooms are okay with small but okay bathroom and kitchen. There are no lockers in the room.

+ Good wifi. Great price, given how expensive Norway is. Short walk to the centre of Oslo. Easy to arrive at by train or bus from the airport. - Could use a clean and/ or renovation in parts. You need to pay to use bed linen, towels and crockery which I thought was a bit harsh. Small wet room for a shower. Road it is down isn't the nicest. But.. Do stay here if you are visiting Oslo! you will find it perfectly fine!

The value for money is not amazing. Better to pay a few more bucks and stay at a hotel

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Not a bad location at a 10 minute walk from the Oslo Central Station. Even arriving at 1am, this place was busy! If you're looking to meet people, the common lobby area will do the trick. Some hostels assign the beds to you, and this place would do well to do just that. Upon arriving (to our room of 8), it looked like all the beds were taken, and we had to move roommates stuff around to make beds for ourselves. One great benefit to the room was that it had an extra sink and a mini fridge.

• 9th Aug 2014

It's probably the cheapest hostel available in Oslo - so don't expect too much on it. Location: close to central station but get prepared for a 10-15min walk; Staff & atmosphere: the hostel is just so crowded with people everywhere, you have to wait for quite a while before you get served; Room (8 bed dorm): Ensuite bathroom but a bit dirty, weird to have a kitchen inside the dorm that you can't cook at late evening to avoid disturbing others

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great kitchen. Laundry is good. Great staff. Nice clean place. But u pay for it

Expensive as the rest of Norway. Friendly staff

good ubication

Good location, not to far from central station, nice lobby to have a drink and talk with other travellers. Kitchenette is in the room which I found strange. Over all a good hostel.

The room was really dirty (maybe it was some other guest fault) like nobody had cleaned it for weeks. The price payed for two beds in a 8 room, sheets and kitchenware was too high for the quality of things (it would have been cheeper if we'd stayed in a Hotel***).

I stayed for two nights at the Anker Hostel, and for one full day we didn't have any electricity in our room, even though several of us mentioned it to the staff. I had to shower in the dark. And for someone who had to cook in the hostel, the facilities were probably the worst I had on my month-long travels (and it was the only place where I had to pay a deposit to use the cookware).

In Norway I think ia a way to low prices to a budget service, the services arereduced in their quality. So it's the same with this hostel. You pay a lot for an average (low) thing, where we have to pay an extra for the sheets, there were few sockets in the rooms (I think it is an almost essencial thing these days), wi-fi poor (even in the lounge!). Location is near to the station but the zone behind that station is not a welcoming one. But it is also near to the visiting area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7