Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

The room was suffocated. No ventilation and could barely breath. They need to improve the ventilation throughout the building.

We stayed here for two nights. The location wasn't great in relation to the city centre although it was fairly easy to find the hostel. The beds were fine although we had to rent bed linen and kitchen utensils from reception which was frustrating. When we asked about things to do in Oslo, the staff claimed to know very little and just pointed out a guide book. However, there was a nice atmosphere in the common area in the evening and security was good.

Anker Hostel is central (5 min walking from the center), and the beds are clean and comfortable. The staff is not smiley, and often busy, because it is a huge hostel. There is no lockers in the room, so be careful of your personal stuff. However, price per night is not so expansive in a comparison of the rest of the city. But, we must pay also for the bed linen.

Good that it had a common area to mingle with other guests.

There are many hidden costs during atay in this hostel. First of all they basically force you to rent bed linen or everything you need in the kitchen. Especially in Norway you would prefer to have a spoon or a bowl in the room. The internet connection although free was terribly slow even for communication. And the constant noise from the outside every morning of every day, simply horrible. The locals said that there is a lot of drug addicts around the hostel so it might be dangerous.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

I was only there to sleep for about five hours before waking up to catch a flight, so didn't really get the chance to socially. The lobby was full at midnight, and everyone was nice. The hostel is VERY close to the Oslo Central Station which makes it very convenient for those who are either arriving on a late train or departing on an early one, I was both.

Very friendly staff and good hostel to meet people. Good facilities. Close to city centre, shops, supermarket, train station and even hospital (which we unfortunately needed). Only negative was first night in an 8 bed dorm there was no where to put bags and floor was dirty, but moved to a 4 bed dorm the next night which was much cleaner and nicer. Overall, great hostel and great atmosphere with bar, reception and lounge all in one. Also check out the roof at night, lovely view of lights of oslo.

I wasn't expecting the shower to be literally next to the toilet, so in my room of 8 people if one person was showering we had to wait for the bathroom and the floor would then be soaked since the drain worked slowly. Overall the place was nice. It wasn't too bad of a walk to the coast or train station and I never felt unsafe.

Group of 4 lads stayed and found the hostel to be a great choice! Fun and lively in a excellent location with everything you needed and expected for the price paid. Would definitely stay again!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Wales

They pretty much force you to buy sheets for an additonal 60kr I think? I was in a 4 bed with in-room kitchenette and bathroom/shower which was nice

Not too shabby. My dorm was always quiet and pitch black by 9. So unless I was sleeping I couldn't really stay in the dorm without feeling rude. You do have to buy your own sheets, for like $5usd, but a couple roommates didn't have them even though it's required.

Great price considering is Oslo. The staff was ok, but the rooms were very small. Besides, there is a park where homeless and sk8ters go in the middle of the night, so it's difficult to have a good sleep. Not the best, not the worst.

it's really nice but the bathroom has no showerplate and the water falls everywhere

The experience was really good . We just stayed at outside the hostel . The sleep was good . The people were really friendly . I hope that they more room space. The space and the bathroom were not so good . Palace was really small

• 18th Aug 2015
  • India

The girl who checked us in wasn't very friendly, or helpful. Didn't seem like she even wanted to speak to us. The room smelt musty and dirty. The bathroom was gross. Could do with a clean..

This hostel is in an amazing location and only a ten minute walk from the central train station! It's definitely one of the cheapest hostels in Oslo. We met some amazing people there and the beer is very cheap. And they have a kitchen on the top floor. The only thing I would complain about is one of the staff members was disgustingly rude. The others were nice though. 100% would stay again! Oh an you can also get a kebab pizza from a takeaway shop round the corner

What can I say, great hostel in a awesome location. Stayed in a 8 bed dorm and only real thing I could bad about it was how hot it was in the mornings. Do recommend though. Enjoyed the stay.

• 16th Aug 2015

quite expensive, is not good that you need to pay for the sheets, the staff is too busy to give you advice on what to do in the city, there are no activities organized by the hostel, the Internet is really really slow, the bathrooms in the rooms are not cleaned everyday

Stayed in Anker for four nights. Nice place to stay and the staff was loads of fun! Cheapest accommodation in Oslo, yet in the scale of hostels pretty expensive. Rooms were ok, my dorm was nice and spacious. The bar serves probably the cheapest beer in Oslo centre. In the common room it's easy to go and talk with people, plenty of backpackers. Good experience, would come again! x

Cheapest drinks in Town!