Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Great Hostel, close enough to the city center.. I think its the best value for the money. Met great people and fab staff..

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

This hostel is well located near the central station, and city centre, so getting around on foot was easy. there are cooking facilities in the dorms and utensils are rentable. The bathroom is good but the floor does get quite wet after a shower. if you are looking to make new friends or meet people you will be best to do that in the dorm because the common area isn't very social mostly just people on their phones. Overall would definitely recommend this hostel.

Most of the lockers are out of order.100 $ to be deposited for renting the wok,saucepan...etc.!No air-conditioning in the restroom so that when you take a shower ,the whole restroom becomes misty and wet.Also,the drainage doesn't work well,and after a short shower,there's a small flood.When I checked in,I didnt understand the staff member's accent ,I politely asked him to repeat and he just responded to me in a very rude tone.I felt unhappy about his attitude.I would say :don't stay the hostel !

Ankle hostel have an excellent localization. The staff treated me and my friends with courtesy. I have just one observation to do,there aren't litter inside the room and the toilets. Less this fact I'm completely satisfied with the service.

• 12th Nov 2015

No facilities. No atmosphere. Wouldn't recommend and definitely not for solo travellers.

Hostel options in Oslo are pretty slim pickings, this seemed to be the best value for money. Location relatively central - 10 minute walk from the train station. Dorms were nice enough, shared bathroom and kitchen in the room. Not much of a social atmosphere, however we were staying in November so perhaps not peak season. On arrival we were asked if we brought our own linen/sheets? Of course not - that's why we are in a hostel! We then had to pay 50NOK for sheets! Just include it in the price!

I booked at the last minute, so I was grateful to get a clean, quiet room. I ended up with other women, who kept to themselves. It was just what I wanted, as I am not really into the shared lodging situation anymore. As other people have mentioned, I wish they had luggage lockers. I wasn't traveling with anything too valuable, so, again, not a big deal. I just like privacy these days. Good for what it was--last minute, quiet stop over on my way home.

• 2nd Nov 2015

The hostel was depressing to be in - the ensuite bathroom was really dirty, the walls had stains on and communal areas like the lifts needed repainting. The en suite bathroom was also a poorly designed wet room, so after a shower the whole room needed drying. The bar/wifi area downstairs was modern and clean, but didn't have a great atmosphere and the drinks were quite expensive. It wouldn't be a place I would want to relax, compared to communal areas in other hostels. The location was good.

Very nice staff. Convenient location (Oslo is not very big). And really big dorms. The common area was kind of peaceful when I was visiting.

I like my stay at Anker Hotel, it was nice, the atmosphere was good, breakfast was nice, bed was too soft for me but that just a detail, generaly very good

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Poland

very good

I was only 3 night, and my experience was bad, the person in the reception so bad and impatient, i asked for some places to visit and his answer was use google. They dont have lockers or baskets to put your personals things, the room was a little bit dirty... And the atmosphere is a little bit boried. I love oslo but no the hostel.

the hostel was pretty average overall. Theres definitely lots of security, with keycard access for your room and the door to the floor. the dorm was pretty basic, just bunk beds and a bathroom with a little kitchenette. would recommend for a nights stay. Also, don't confuse this with Anker Apartments - another 20 minutes north.

Clean hostel, bathrooms clean and large rooms with plenty of space. Not a very social hostel, no one really interacts and there are no planned activities like pub crawls with the hostel so I could it a bit awkward and not the best for a solo traveler. Good location. Close to city center and public transport. Communal kitchen closed in winter so only had the one in the room which was hard trying to cool when people were resting or sleeping. Staff were friendly though!

Great location and we had great bunk mates but it is small and the kitchen is in the bedroom so can't be loud if people are sleeping but still great hostel.

Avoid avoid avoid. No activities are offered through this hostel. You have to rent sheets. And the cleaning staff cleared them away constantly. My toothbrush and toothpaste were thrown out after my first day. Staff were nice and friendly but not knowledgeable. Me: "are there walking tours offered in Oslo?" Staff "I don't know. Try google" Me: "is the walk along the waterfront a nice walk?" Staff "I don't know I've never walked that far" Avoid avoid avoid

No private lockers. Kitchenette in the room is so tiny as to be useless; water coming out of the tap was brown and murky. Terrible drainage in the bathroom.

This hostel is OK. The rooms, lobby, halls etc are not that clean. The bathrooms are terrible and double as a shower, there is only 1 bathroom for 8 people rooms. You have to rent your linens which annoys me. But you cant beat the location, right in central Oslo and you can walk anywhere. Just overpriced for what it is.

The dorm rooms are somewhat uninviting.

I was just not very impressed with oslo and the atmosphere in the hostel kind of reflects it. It was always pretty dead. going out in oslo is just too expensive to even think about. other than that facilities are pretty nice, about average.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6