Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Nice place. I will come back

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The kitchen and other facilities are in the bedrooms. We arrived late and everybody was sleeping so we couldn't cook anything there! There is no common kitchen or living room a part from that one, only two sofas in the reception hall. It was so dirty.

I was very hesitant to stay here based on some of the reviews but it was honestly a great hostel. I could walk everywhere and the place was very clean with super helpful front desk staff. It's an expensive stay as far as hostels go but if you're travelling to Norway you need to prepare for everything to cost a bit more than you are used to. I was only here for 1 night in the off season.

This has to be one if my least liked hostel stays ever. The hostel is in a bad area as at ugly there are loads of drug peddlers

Fine hostel, no where near as bad as the other reviews made it sound. Can be a little loud as sound seems to carry, so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Fine if you're only staying a night or two in Oslo.

it was nice, but there was a really poor communal area- there needs to be a big kitchen on the ground floor where people can cook together and meet each other- cooking by yourself in your dorm is no fun! but aside from that it was all reasonably nice

• 6th Nov 2014

The cheapest in oslo, but very basic. bathroom inside the room which is great.

Honestly I didn't think it was as bad as some of the other reviews my room was really clean and nice, yes it does suck that you have to pay extra for everything but oh well and the staff isn't that helpful or friendly but they're not rude either.

Definitely the cheapest option for a place to stay in Oslo but it cuts both ways as it draws a bit of a weird crowd. Do not count on using the internet for anything useful as it is just terrible. The communal area is subpar, at best. Had a few crazy people staying in the hostel that I was surprised were not kicked out. Probably wouldn't stay there again and would try somewhere more expensive next time.

No lockers in the room, staff was ok, but overall value for money is a bit poor. Still it's good for a short stay and if your are not spending a lot of time inside.

It was a nice hostel. Common area was downstairs where you could buy cheap bottles of beer and meet people. Dorm rooms were alright. One bathroom with shower in it, kinda weird but it was alright. And hot plate right in the room which can make for interesting smells. But let's be honest, how often are you in your room when you're out in a new city!

I had a nice stay at ANKER HOSTEL. I met good people. Hot water, security and great location. The staff was fine. 10/24/2014-10/26/2014. USA.

There were no lockers in the room to store valuables. There was a kitchenette in the room but utensils could only be rented.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Pros- Friendly staff, small but cosy sitting area, good hearty breakfast in the morning. Cons- cramped rooms, had to share one bathroom with 7 other people. Downstairs bathrooms were very dirty. No lockers in rooms. Had to pay for sheets. Had to pay to rent cookware. Overall I wasn't impressed with the hostel.

I would like just to say thank you to Marie (staff member) she is really helpfull and friendly.

AVOID >>> I was able to arrange other accommodation. Cancelled my booking within their cancellation period. Was notified a day later I would be charged the full amount of a night's stay in addition to my deposit. When I pointed out that a refund was required they deliberately and erroneously reported that my booking is now listed as a "no show". I had to call CHASE and file a dispute. Long story short, I am put off by Anker's shady business practices and poor customer service.

A soul-less place - it was all that reviewers before me had advised. There were endless add-on costs, miserable cooking facilities, dirty hired saucepans, a wet bathroom, queues for the bathroom (7 roommates x 30 mins each before I could get in the door), dodgy part of town - but I did find the staff okay. I recommend using the Hosteling International Hostel in the middle of town instead - all their costs are included and it is clean and lovely.

The only "cheap" option in a very expensive country. Kitchens in the room are very very poor. They charge you for everything... sheets, penlock, etc.

Hostel was in a fairly good location 10 min walk to downtown. Recommend walking over to the brewery and trying some beers only 5 min walk away.

Dear travelers, I usually never leave any review but this time I really had to. To make it short : just avoid that place. Dirty, unsafe, expensive, unfriendly, ... If you have the chance to find another hostel, just go for it. Otherwise, try couch surfing... or anything !

• 26th Sep 2014