Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Nice location, Helpful Stuff.

Great location with all possible services needed. Reception looks hectic but once inside room everything changes. Trims are large with kitchenette, and endure bathrooms have everything you need. Very clean and tidy. Only drawback is there is nothing to cook with (no pots and pans, no dishes or cutlery). What's the point of having a kitchen if you can't cook?

It was a good stay, and nice hostel, although paying an additional 50NOK for linen is a lot of money and quite frustrating - would be better to include it in the original price.

The hostel is nice, the staff are nice. The rooms are spacious and usually aren't full which was nice.

I thought it was very average. Overpriced like most of Scandinavia but had I not had the roommates I did, it would have been a lonely hostel experience. no lockers in our room but credit where due, the room was pretty big for the number of people and had a kitchen although you had to borrow the utensils. staff weren't very helpful in my opinion.

My friend and I were suppose to stay here two nights in a mixed gender dorm room. The location of this hostel is on the biggest drug dealing road in oslo. The walk from central station to the hostel was terrifying. People were shooting up heroin as we walked by. When we arrived at the hostel the staff was friendly and the lobby seemed nicely kept. When we walked into our room there was a woman laying in bed completely naked at 2pm... she was clearly on very heavy drugs. We demanded a refund.

The location was good since it was close to public transport

• 10th Jun 2015

Great location. Clean facilities. Private room with own bathroom was very convenient. No free breakfast, have to pay for mandatory bed linens.

Convenient location and clean and comfortable although a touch institutional. Free maps and information but there were not enough city brochures in English. The common area wasn't really spacious enough for such a large hostel but it is about the cheapest hostel in Oslo and good value for the price

Hostel was a bit underwhelming. You have to pay for your linens and get a towel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The kitchen just has a hot plate and a mini fridge. I wish there had been a microwave or something to allow you to eat an actual meal.

Impossible to rate the staff, as I didn't actually meet any. Accommodation was comfortable but, a bit cramped and there wasn't much privacy. A lounge area would be a nice touch.

• 4th Jun 2015

Friendly staff and not far to walk into Oslo.

There are a few things I like and some I dislike in this hostel. The hostel is well located and the receptionist let me in before 3 o'clock which was nice so I got to choose my bed first and had some privacy, they were kind and helpful, internet works fine. What I dislike: the hostel is located in a very dodgy area, full of gypsies and many other suspicious looking people and there is no bedside lamp, so if you need to pack in the morning you either do it in the dark, or wake everybody up.

Good location that puts you walking distance to everything the City has to offer. Staff is monotonous and lethargic. Other than the loby at the entrance to the hostel, there is no common room that promotes social expierences. Mediocre hostel at best.

I just had an issue with the bed sheets because house keeping took while I was out so another girl had arrived and took my bed cuz she saw it free but at the end we could fix that which was really a big deal, overall it was a good place to stay, very well located and clean, staff was just good enough.

We only stayed for one night before going on a fjords tour. It was easy, good location to walk to centre & station, decent room but VERY noisy. People came in at all times of night and were very inconsiderate when they did (not necessarily the hostels fault although I read the same comment from some other people before our stay). You can park on the street outside overnight if you need parking and in a parking lot under the hostel at other times.

The staff was helpful on directing us to the city and telling us where some attractions were. There is no security in the room, but you can pay for a locker downstairs, we didn't investigate that. The little kitchenette was nice though.

There was no real sense of atmosphere at the hostel which to me is very important. The common area was just reception which wasn't great. No one told me if they had a kitchen or where it was so I had no way to meet people other than in my room and it turned out that everyone in my room was travelling with people (I was travelling alone). Overall I would likely go to another hostel next time! Not a terrible experience but not great.

I lived in another hostel which is also top rated and cheap in Oslo.. But to be honest, compared these two hostels, I strongly recommend this one, even though this one is more expensive. But it's much cleaner and larger. More worthy of the money!

Loved the staff and the accommodations. My only issue was you had to rent bed linens if you didn't have your own, but they weren't expensive. Overall great experience!

« first « Prev 1 2 3