Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Kitchen is IN the room.

The reception is also a bar, always a winner but the atmosphere wasn't great. I did only have 2 nights though. I didn't like that there were no lockers in the room and there was a cleaner who could get in all the rooms. You also need to remember to lock the door when you leave otherwise anyone can walk in and without the security of a locker I didn't feel happy about leaving my belongings. En suit bathroom was nice to have

No lockers in the room, and it's expensive (but it's Norway so what isn't). Good location, nice big rooms

Having a kitchen in the bedrooms was a bit weird, but the fridge was well used for keeping drinks cool! More/ better air conditioning would have been good, and better ventilation in the bathroom (I stayed during a heatwave!) Would have liked lockers in the rooms, but didn't have any problems.

This was a really nice hostel. Very close to the train station. I had trouble with one girl in my dorm room and the staff were excellent at handling the situation and offering to let me change to another room. The rooms were very clean and they have a small kitchen and bathroom. The lobby is nice for meeting new people.

Everything was good except for the fact that the wifi wasn't working properly. Everytime you wanted to use it you had to go down to the reception, and at times it didn't even work there. Another fault was the few electrical outlets in the room. We stayed in a 8-people room, and had to share 4 outlets that were no where near anyones bed, so if you wanted to charge your phone during the night you had to be pretty trusting towards your roommates.

Anker is in a pretty rough area of Oslo there's a lot of homeless people on the walk from the train station. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and thank god it was only 1 night! The room was very hot and stuffy and smelly as the window would only open a few inches and there was a kitchen in the room making it even worst! There are no lookers in the rooms! The common area is quite good!

Had a very nice stay at Anker. Staff is very nice and helpful, Because Norway is so expensive and we weren't going to stay in Oslo for so long, me and my partner stayed in a mixed 8-bed dorm. It wasn't very big, with a mini-kitchen and a toilet/shower in one seperate room, but it was the cheapest we could find. Common room is at the front desk, you HAVE to rent linnen. Breakfast was served in a building a few houses away, and was quite expensive. Very cheap for staying in Oslo.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel. I like the ensuite bathroom w/ shower. Conveniently located close to the city center.

The area the hostel is in is close to the centre, but it appears to be a little bit dodgy (I definitely witnessed an argument about a drug deal on the walk there from the station). The hostel itself is nice and clean though, but I was annoyed at having to pay 50NOK (~£5) for bedsheets when they didn't allow sleeping bags. Staff were helpful, it was clearly well looked after and (for Oslo prices!) it was pretty cheap.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Decently priced hostel in Scandinavia. I would stay here again

Nice location, staff

You have to pay or everything: bed linen, kitchen utilities and they charge extra for the key untill you return it. The street is weird and not safe to walk alone at night. But it is close to the center and you can walk to everywhere.

Most of the staff definitely shouldn't be working in hospitality. The rest of the hostel is okay, but wouldn't return because of the staff.

there was no handsoap dispenser in the room I stayed at, otherwise it's an okay hostel and you probably won't find much better in Oslo for this price.

There is nothing other than your hostel I and my wife love it.

Staff was very helpful & friendly, plus the location was great. It's very close to the train station, although we have big bags and camping stuff, it was an easy walk to the hostel. Overall nice quality hostel with friendly staff and international young travelers.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Would be perfect if it wasn't that expensive (not used to norwegian prices) Quite a small lobby to get a good atmosphere, not so many facilities, and internet was quite bad in the rooms. Expected to have a locker or sth secured to put most of my stuff in the room, there were some paid lockers in the lobby .. but now exactly what i expected Wasn't that bad all together anyway =)

The staff is always willing to help their customers. There was an inconvenient one night where security broke into the dorm and asked for IDs -cos there were people whom not supposed to stay in the dorm, I don't know why this thing happened, but it was really anoying.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

It is easy to get to station or city hall from this hostel by bus or tram. Staff weren't so passionate and I got lost for finding laundry room (it wasn't inside the hostel). Every room has its own shower room and kitchen, which was great but there was no container for cooking, you have to bring your own. And it is actually quite embarrassing for early-waking people like me to cook my breakfast since I will just disturb everyone else's sleeping.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5