Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Nice place to stay in Oslo. The proximity of Hausmannsgate gives facilities to go wherever you want. (It is very easy to take buses and trams.) We stayed in an eight people room and did not meet any problem. A towel for each floor bathroom would not have been too much (for the cleanness).

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Not too expensive, environment is fine, 7 minutes by walk from the main train station, easy to find, just follow the tram way.

Stayed for 2 nights. The location is 10 mins away from Oslo train station, the area is little bit dodgy but nothing to worry about. The staff were ok, quite curt but quite helpful at times. The dorm we stayed in (8 bed) was quite standard, lacked some cleanliness to be honest. Weird to find a kitchen in our room however, but otherwise there is a small shared kitchen people can use. Need to put a deposit down for kitchen utensils which was annoying. Common area is small so lacked atmosphere.

Sketchy area- I would avoid this hostel if you have another option. It just felt dirty... The rooms, the beds, the bathrooms.. Everything. No lockers in rooms, and one roomie brought home a dude to sleep with- makes me feel like my stuff is secure.. Not! I didn't stay out past 9 as I was afraid to walk home any later. Bathroom was loud and gross- had to mop after shower. At least the room was pretty big and there was a small kitchen.

I had a fine stay at Anker Hostel with no complaints. It wasn't the nicest or friendliest hostel I've stayed in, but considering it was the cheapest hostel I could find in Oslo, it was exactly what I expected. The lobby was nice and the staff was efficient. The location is close to the train station and not far from a new trendy area for going out. Beware that they charge extra for bed sheets (which are required) and towels and no breakfast is included.

Hostel personnel was very friendly and polite, always willing to respond to everyone of my questions, its definite that i will come back again

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

Kitchen is IN the room.

It would be nice to have Air-Conditioners in the rooms, because it was hot during the summer and if you open the window it was too loud because of the traffic.

The reception is also a bar, always a winner but the atmosphere wasn't great. I did only have 2 nights though. I didn't like that there were no lockers in the room and there was a cleaner who could get in all the rooms. You also need to remember to lock the door when you leave otherwise anyone can walk in and without the security of a locker I didn't feel happy about leaving my belongings. En suit bathroom was nice to have

I really liked the small kitchenette in the room.

No lockers in the room, and it's expensive (but it's Norway so what isn't). Good location, nice big rooms

Having a kitchen in the bedrooms was a bit weird, but the fridge was well used for keeping drinks cool! More/ better air conditioning would have been good, and better ventilation in the bathroom (I stayed during a heatwave!) Would have liked lockers in the rooms, but didn't have any problems.

More like hotel/apartments, although was nice to have a kitchen and bathroom in the room as well as a dining table to sit at. Location was good, only about 10 mins walk to city centre. Large communal area with a bar, but atmosphere wasn't that lively during our stay. Fine for a few nights stay, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

This was a really nice hostel. Very close to the train station. I had trouble with one girl in my dorm room and the staff were excellent at handling the situation and offering to let me change to another room. The rooms were very clean and they have a small kitchen and bathroom. The lobby is nice for meeting new people.

Everything was good except for the fact that the wifi wasn't working properly. Everytime you wanted to use it you had to go down to the reception, and at times it didn't even work there. Another fault was the few electrical outlets in the room. We stayed in a 8-people room, and had to share 4 outlets that were no where near anyones bed, so if you wanted to charge your phone during the night you had to be pretty trusting towards your roommates.

Anker is in a pretty rough area of Oslo there's a lot of homeless people on the walk from the train station. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and thank god it was only 1 night! The room was very hot and stuffy and smelly as the window would only open a few inches and there was a kitchen in the room making it even worst! There are no lookers in the rooms! The common area is quite good!

Had a very nice stay at Anker. Staff is very nice and helpful, Because Norway is so expensive and we weren't going to stay in Oslo for so long, me and my partner stayed in a mixed 8-bed dorm. It wasn't very big, with a mini-kitchen and a toilet/shower in one seperate room, but it was the cheapest we could find. Common room is at the front desk, you HAVE to rent linnen. Breakfast was served in a building a few houses away, and was quite expensive. Very cheap for staying in Oslo.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel. I like the ensuite bathroom w/ shower. Conveniently located close to the city center.

The area the hostel is in is close to the centre, but it appears to be a little bit dodgy (I definitely witnessed an argument about a drug deal on the walk there from the station). The hostel itself is nice and clean though, but I was annoyed at having to pay 50NOK (~£5) for bedsheets when they didn't allow sleeping bags. Staff were helpful, it was clearly well looked after and (for Oslo prices!) it was pretty cheap.

• 5th Jul 2014