Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Stayed one night. Good location. Crappy wifi. Paid for an 8 bed room, got put into a 10 bed. Apparently they do that a lot.

The hostel was in the perfect place for walking to the Main Street and the train station. The bedroom was clean, although got very hot during the night. Maybe could have done with more information available in reception (in English) regarding local sites, tours etc.

• 29th Jul 2014

we stayed at a 2 bed room. room and the bathroom were quite ok. having refrigerator in the room was a plus. the worst thing was the wifi. since too many people were using it, it was almost impossible to connect during evening. the reception was always very crowded with people checking in, checking out, asking where to eat...and therefore the stuff was quite busy and sometimes tired. although they seem to doing their best, sometimes you may need to wait a lot.

Nice place to stay in Oslo. The proximity of Hausmannsgate gives facilities to go wherever you want. (It is very easy to take buses and trams.) We stayed in an eight people room and did not meet any problem. A towel for each floor bathroom would not have been too much (for the cleanness).

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We were supposed to arrive at 23:00 from Bergen. The train however got delayed and we reached Oslo only at 04:00 next morning. We thought not to go for the hostel and cancel booking as we had Bus from to Göteborg at 07:30. For three hours we did not want to spend more money and asked for cancellation which was refused stating that cancellation can happen only in 24 hours in advance. That is agreeable but for our case it was due to train delay. For such cases, there should be a discount

• 24th Jul 2014
  • India

I asked for a kitchenette in my bedroom, but there was only a fridge.

• 21st Jul 2014

Not too expensive, environment is fine, 7 minutes by walk from the main train station, easy to find, just follow the tram way.

Stayed for 2 nights. The location is 10 mins away from Oslo train station, the area is little bit dodgy but nothing to worry about. The staff were ok, quite curt but quite helpful at times. The dorm we stayed in (8 bed) was quite standard, lacked some cleanliness to be honest. Weird to find a kitchen in our room however, but otherwise there is a small shared kitchen people can use. Need to put a deposit down for kitchen utensils which was annoying. Common area is small so lacked atmosphere.

Sketchy area- I would avoid this hostel if you have another option. It just felt dirty... The rooms, the beds, the bathrooms.. Everything. No lockers in rooms, and one roomie brought home a dude to sleep with- makes me feel like my stuff is secure.. Not! I didn't stay out past 9 as I was afraid to walk home any later. Bathroom was loud and gross- had to mop after shower. At least the room was pretty big and there was a small kitchen.

Extra for sheets, extra for breakfast. The oxygen is complimentary, happily.

Some of staff werent helpful and we had problem because of noise in our room and We were three persons but one of my friends left hostel and stayed in Anker Hotel after first night because of noise, however we paid also for the night that he hadnt stayed and as we understand we paid deposit two times after we came back to our country and check receipt. So totally it was not a good time in Anker Hostel for us but ı can say location was great.

I had a fine stay at Anker Hostel with no complaints. It wasn't the nicest or friendliest hostel I've stayed in, but considering it was the cheapest hostel I could find in Oslo, it was exactly what I expected. The lobby was nice and the staff was efficient. The location is close to the train station and not far from a new trendy area for going out. Beware that they charge extra for bed sheets (which are required) and towels and no breakfast is included.

Hostel personnel was very friendly and polite, always willing to respond to everyone of my questions, its definite that i will come back again

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

Kitchen is IN the room.

When I reached Oslo, it was late evening and all money exchange places closed. When I requested to pay next day, they didn't agree and insisted that I pay the same night. A little bit flexibility here will definitely be appreciated. Our dorm rooms were nice, a small kitchen being part of the room itself. Funny enough, they didn't have a microwave oven in the hostel, which was a bit of turn-off.

It would be nice to have Air-Conditioners in the rooms, because it was hot during the summer and if you open the window it was too loud because of the traffic.

The reception is also a bar, always a winner but the atmosphere wasn't great. I did only have 2 nights though. I didn't like that there were no lockers in the room and there was a cleaner who could get in all the rooms. You also need to remember to lock the door when you leave otherwise anyone can walk in and without the security of a locker I didn't feel happy about leaving my belongings. En suit bathroom was nice to have

I really liked the small kitchenette in the room.

No lockers in the room, and it's expensive (but it's Norway so what isn't). Good location, nice big rooms

Having a kitchen in the bedrooms was a bit weird, but the fridge was well used for keeping drinks cool! More/ better air conditioning would have been good, and better ventilation in the bathroom (I stayed during a heatwave!) Would have liked lockers in the rooms, but didn't have any problems.