Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Cleanest hostel I've ever been to and they sell beer until 3am! Everywhere else in Oslo stops selling beer in the evening unless it's a bar.

Hostel in a decent location. Near the train station. Wifi was good. The worst thing about our stay was the smell of our room! It smelled awful. Not sure if it was the people in our room or the lack of cleaning. Staff were very friendly though

The room I had was very spacious, we had our own bathroom and kitchenette as well (8 bed dorm) and it was reasonably clean. There aren't a lot of hostels to choose from in Oslo, and this was the closest one to the city centre I think. Given how expensive Norway is, I think this was a great hostel for the amount I paid for it. Also met some awesome people here!

Wounderful place. Had a graet time thanks alot

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Israel

Central location with about a 10 minute walk from central station and was very reasonably priced for Oslo. However the dorm room I stayed in had half the lockers broken so there wasn't a lot of security. The common room/lobby/bar area was full of people on their phones and laptops because that was the one place where the wifi worked. It didn't really make for a social atmosphere.

First problem: you must wait until 3pm to check in, unlike other hostels I've been to, so it is inconvenient. 2nd- no microwave, imagine that! 3rd- that doesn't feel like a hostel at all, the facility Pretty bad to hang out. 4th- no hand soap in bathroom in the room, I've never been to a place where they don't hand soap in the bathroom. 5th- the shower is awful. That place is overpriced in my opinion and I would not recommend to anyone. Lastly, the building looks old and smelly.

The gentleman that checked us in our first night made the whole lobby seem like the most dreary place ever. Everyone else was fine, but man did it make a bad atmosphere. Otherwise good, but tricking people into paying more for the sheets is BS. Just reflect it in the price, or just let people use sleeping bags, i don't see how that is less hygienic than not using anything between sweaty bodies and the blankets directly

They charge extra for compulsory bedding (sleeping bags not allowed and they fine you if they find out you've been using one). Most rooms have a kitchen in them and you have to leave a deposit every time you take utensils to your room, I didn't really like that, plus the have to be returned after every use. (Meaning if you eat at the hostel you had to collect a new kitchen box 3 times a day). Adequate location.

This hostel was one of the worst ones I'd stayed in. To have to pay for sheets, and to hire kitchen utensils, as well as the lack of cleanliness in the bathrooms and the general hostel feel was not good. A well stocked communal kitchen and sheets included in the price would be easy improvements.

Clean, comfortable, good location. Did everything we needed. Stayed in a private 2-bed with ensuite and it was exactly like a hotel room stripped to the essentials. Would recommend to friends and family.

A staff not really helpfull, no mood in common lounge, no common kitchen and location not so good

The kitchen facilities in the rooms were not very good. You had to rent kitchen utensils from reception but the kitchen itself was very poor. Would rather a big one separate to the room. The rooftop terrace was cool. This was quite a big hostel with lots of groups so it was hard to meet people, or to even talk to reception because of all the groups checking in/out etc.

Bad atmosphere, old facilities, i will try another hostel when i come back to oslo

Really large hostel which makes it easy to meet new people in the lounge. The rooms are quite minimalistic, in our case the cooking plate and the bathroom were not clean enough that I wanted to use them.

No hand soap or towels in bathrooms. This is pretty basic, and expected hygiene requirement in all developed economies the world over.

It was good for a one-night stay. The bed was comfortable but you had to pay extra for sheets and towel. Nice staff and excellent location right in front of the tram and bus station, but I wouldn't recommend at all walking around at night.

Real close to the city centre and super close to the bus and train terminals. Will definitely come back.

It was impossible to ask for some information to the staff since there was always a long line at the reception to check in and check out. The room was clean and comfortable and had a kitchen in it , but no utensil so could not cook , and the bathroom without soap or towel . The location was good less than 10 min walk from the center . And moreover you have to pay for sheet. but I think worth the price since it's the cheapest place I found. anything better than this hostel would be much more expe

Even though it was nice that the room came with its own kitchen and bathroom, the room was not supplied with basic necessities like hand soap. I also found that the staff appeared to be overwhelmed most of the time. Every time I tried to speak to them I was either waiting in line or a line formed behind me.

Nice location, Helpful Stuff.