Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

It is fairly close to the train station, the waterfront, and Karl Johans Gate. I know Scandinavia is expensive, but I expected a bit more value for my money. You had to pay extra for linens and there were no lockers in the rooms. There wasn't even hand soap in the bathroom. The airport express train was about $27 each way so a $40 hostel stay turned into almost $100! I had another 1 night layover on the way back from Iceland so I chose to take my $100 and stay at a nicer hotel by the airport.

Nice, central hostel close to everything and easily reachable from the central station. Bar in the hostel was nice, rooms are okay with small but okay bathroom and kitchen. There are no lockers in the room.

I recmomend this hostel. location is good. hostel is clean. good staff. I felt so good.

+ Good wifi. Great price, given how expensive Norway is. Short walk to the centre of Oslo. Easy to arrive at by train or bus from the airport. - Could use a clean and/ or renovation in parts. You need to pay to use bed linen, towels and crockery which I thought was a bit harsh. Small wet room for a shower. Road it is down isn't the nicest. But.. Do stay here if you are visiting Oslo! you will find it perfectly fine!

The value for money is not amazing. Better to pay a few more bucks and stay at a hotel

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Rooms could use more power ports (had 4 for a room of eight people in the room I stayed in), told the staff this. Staff told me they are working on it, cannot add more power ports at the moment because building is historic and have to get a permit to re-wire for more ports. Other than that Anker Hostel was great!!!!

The security is not enough, they dont offer lockers in the rooms and the ones they offer in the lobi are very very small. The location is good because is close to the central station but is not a very nice neighborhood. The staff is nice and the atmosphere is nice, a lot of people from all ages. I think is not worth the money. I was in a 8 people room, it had a private bathroom and a kitchen but there was any divition between the kitchen and the beds, and that was terrible.

Not a bad location at a 10 minute walk from the Oslo Central Station. Even arriving at 1am, this place was busy! If you're looking to meet people, the common lobby area will do the trick. Some hostels assign the beds to you, and this place would do well to do just that. Upon arriving (to our room of 8), it looked like all the beds were taken, and we had to move roommates stuff around to make beds for ourselves. One great benefit to the room was that it had an extra sink and a mini fridge.

• 9th Aug 2014

It's probably the cheapest hostel available in Oslo - so don't expect too much on it. Location: close to central station but get prepared for a 10-15min walk; Staff & atmosphere: the hostel is just so crowded with people everywhere, you have to wait for quite a while before you get served; Room (8 bed dorm): Ensuite bathroom but a bit dirty, weird to have a kitchen inside the dorm that you can't cook at late evening to avoid disturbing others

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great kitchen. Laundry is good. Great staff. Nice clean place. But u pay for it

Expensive as the rest of Norway. Friendly staff

good ubication

Good location, not to far from central station, nice lobby to have a drink and talk with other travellers. Kitchenette is in the room which I found strange. Over all a good hostel.

The room was really dirty (maybe it was some other guest fault) like nobody had cleaned it for weeks. The price payed for two beds in a 8 room, sheets and kitchenware was too high for the quality of things (it would have been cheeper if we'd stayed in a Hotel***).

I stayed for two nights at the Anker Hostel, and for one full day we didn't have any electricity in our room, even though several of us mentioned it to the staff. I had to shower in the dark. And for someone who had to cook in the hostel, the facilities were probably the worst I had on my month-long travels (and it was the only place where I had to pay a deposit to use the cookware).

In Norway I think ia a way to low prices to a budget service, the services arereduced in their quality. So it's the same with this hostel. You pay a lot for an average (low) thing, where we have to pay an extra for the sheets, there were few sockets in the rooms (I think it is an almost essencial thing these days), wi-fi poor (even in the lounge!). Location is near to the station but the zone behind that station is not a welcoming one. But it is also near to the visiting area.

I stayed one night in that hostel. I arrived early and asked for a chance to early check-in but got a response that 'Check-in starts in 3PM!' It would be great that If they could check for a avaliable room first. It is expensive but in Norway everything is expensive. Also reception area is so small that not much avaliable for everyone. Rooms are clean and tidy and bathroom was also so clean. Having a small kitchen idea in every room is a GREAT, but there was no locker in a room.

Good location! Hostel is pretty basic - has everything you would need but nothing more. It's really expensive for a hostel but cheapest you'll find in oslo. No complaints except that it's ridiculous that they charge for sheets (and for so much money!!)

It's the cheapest hostel in Oslo. The 'kitchen' is in the room and effectively useless since there are NO utensils whatsoever. bedding (mandatory) and towels cost extra

It's okay. I'll propably choose the same spot if I'm in Oslo again (which I'm propably never going to do). Prices for the rooms are ok, but you don't get more than you pay for.

• 1st Aug 2014