Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Avoid avoid avoid. No activities are offered through this hostel. You have to rent sheets. And the cleaning staff cleared them away constantly. My toothbrush and toothpaste were thrown out after my first day. Staff were nice and friendly but not knowledgeable. Me: "are there walking tours offered in Oslo?" Staff "I don't know. Try google" Me: "is the walk along the waterfront a nice walk?" Staff "I don't know I've never walked that far" Avoid avoid avoid

No private lockers. Kitchenette in the room is so tiny as to be useless; water coming out of the tap was brown and murky. Terrible drainage in the bathroom.

This hostel is OK. The rooms, lobby, halls etc are not that clean. The bathrooms are terrible and double as a shower, there is only 1 bathroom for 8 people rooms. You have to rent your linens which annoys me. But you cant beat the location, right in central Oslo and you can walk anywhere. Just overpriced for what it is.

The dorm rooms are somewhat uninviting.

I was just not very impressed with oslo and the atmosphere in the hostel kind of reflects it. It was always pretty dead. going out in oslo is just too expensive to even think about. other than that facilities are pretty nice, about average.

The bed linen was not in the price included. I was not allowed to use my own sleeping, which make no sense, because they would had allowed me to use my own bed linen (if some traveler would travel with that from hostel to hostel ...). I had to pay an extra 50 kronen, which makes this hostel more expansive than the other Oslo alternatives!

What a joke, had to pay for pillow cases and bed sheets? I've been to at least 30 hostels around the world and I can't recall one ever asking for me to pay for the pillow cases and bed sheets.

Good hostel, especially good value for an expensive city. It is walking distance to the main attractions and station, but you have to walk through a bit of rough area to get there which isn't ideal, particularly for single travelers returning in the evening. I had a good experience of meeting lovely people at the hostel bar (just a fridge of beer behind the reception!), but the atmosphere wasn't the most inviting as the sofas are just full of people using the wifi and sitting on their phones.

• 26th Sep 2015

The location is good, just a few minutes walking to central stations. Since everything in Norway is super expensive, I would say the price for a hostel is okay. It's good that there is a place where you can cook, HOWEVER, the kitchen is situated right in the room where you are sleeping - 1 meter from the beds, so if someone decides to cook something in the middle of the night, not only you can not sleep but there is also a terrible smell in the room.

Need to have equipment in the kitchen, need a kettle in kitchen at least. Need soap in bathroom. The floor of bathroom gets wet easily and makes it too wet for others to use. Good location, close to train station and main streets, liked the bar downstairs

Im basically leaving an average review because of the dude (dark hair with beard) that does the graveyard shift. Very rude, with an attitude and seems he just doesn't want to be there. If I were to comeback to Oslo, I wouldn't stay there just to avoid seeing his face.

The hostel was fine. I was only there for one night so not too much to complain about. They don't have lockers which is the only real issue I had.

This hostel had a nice reception but everything else was kind of old. The room had very few sockets and no individual lockers. Also there was a small uncomfortable kitchen in every room. It didn't really have the hostel vibe, it was just a cheap comfortable accommodation. It was walking distance from the train station, but you also could take the tram or bus if you were leaving too early. The cleaning could be improved.

We have slept in a room for 8 persons, the bathroom was small and without hairdryer. It's easy to make dirty the bathroom because of the number of person and the little spaces. There's no a safety lock for the backpack in the room.

Very middle of the road. It cost quite a bit for a bare bones hostel, I guess that's just Norway for you though. The staff was reasonably helpful. My biggest issue was that there were no lockers or super secure places to store my things in my room. Luckily everyone we stayed with was cool but I could see things going very bad if you aren't so lucky. Best thing was the location.

Very pleasant, close to centre and we'll proportioned dorms.

The cheapest place in Oslo but good quality as well. What else?

• 11th Sep 2015

Good hostel to stay at in Oslo. Like the other reviews say, it isn't crazy social like other hostels. However, I found that being in the lobby right after dinner time is helpful (most people there and some trying to see the city at night). Good choice for a couple nights in Oslo!

Chain hostel, more like a hotel. WiFi works fine, rooms are clean.

I stayed in mix-room. There is a kitchen inside and you can get the cooking equipments from the reception. There is a tram station in front of the hostel. Very convenient if you have a transport ticket. Can walk from the train station but it takes quite a bit of time. Overall satisfied. :)