Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

My only concern is related to security. The room was quite hot and I opened one of the windows, but it was just the by the street behind the building, quite easy for someone to sneak in the room... although I did not have any problems (just a little bit noisy on Saturday after 2am!), I think that could be improved.

Very easy really Enjoyed

The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating and it was close to public transport and good sight-seeing areas, but the hostel itself once you walked past the reception felt kinda dingy. It felt like I was in an old dorm at a college that was in serious need of renovation. They also charge you for whatever they can, from sheets and towels (although this is typical for towels) to using the luggage room. Like the people, but I'd think twice about staying there again.

The location is excellent, right on the edge of Grunerlokka, a five minute walk from Central Station, and ten minute from Karl Johans. Some of the staff were a touch rude and it was difficult to get their attention at front desk, but I had a mostly positive experience. I would probably stay there again if I were returning to Oslo, just because of location and the price.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Good hostel, clean, helpful staff, good wifi, expensive as is everything in Oslo, have to pay for linen on top of room fee but can not bring your own sleeping bag etc. Good location.

Quite expensive compared to other Hostels I've stayed, but completely acceptable by Norwegian standard. It was strange that the kitchenette is in the dorm but it didn't bother me too much. Staff are very friendly and helpful if you engage them (Norwegians don't seem to be big on small talk).

I have stayed 2 nights at Anker Hostel. I got impression during my staying that the hostel only require to travelers and do not consider our feeling and convenient. No lockers in room, totally not enough shower room and toilet qt'y compare with customer number. Various aditional payments to rent something.. However they warning many things. "Do not ~", "No guarantee ~", "You will be fined NOK X00, if you are doing ~".. And the staff was really not friendly neither.

I was not impressed with the setup of this hostel versus others I have stayed in. Having a bathroom and shower in each room is good, but to cook you need to check out a set of dishes, most of which do not even have a cutting knife of board. It seems red oculus to have to cook dinner and breakfast when room mates may still be sleeping, also awkward to cook in the bed room. The location seems good, easy walk to the train station and right along the river that runs through oslo

Overly unimpressed with this Hostel especially for the price. Rooms and washrooms were unclean and power points in the rooms did not work.

Great hostel, shared rooms are big and clean. The shower is amazing, good temperature and pressure (not many hostels have good showers). The only bad thing is the street is a bit doggy at night time, but the location is excellent, only 10min walking from the main street and central station. Totally recomended!

I felt this hostel offered you absolutely nothing. They fail at creating a homely/fun environment and it just made me think these people have never travelled or lived in Hostels. But... The hostel itself is fine, but there's no atmosphere at the place and most of the people staying there are just immigrants trying to find work. Loved the city, but the hostel had nothing to do with that.

For the amount you pay it is a terrible hostel. You get nickel and dime'd for everything. Want bed sheets? 8 dollars extra. Want to use your kitchen? You have to pay for any type of silverware or dish use. Want a locker? That'll be extra, and requires a specific type of lock that they'll be happy to give you for an additional ten dollars. Just really unpleasant. Sure its norway, it'll be pricey, but this was like the most guest-unfriendly place I have stayed in Europe.

• 24th Feb 2015

Good location but we needed better directions as was difficult to find. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 13th Feb 2015

No lockers in the rooms and the rooms are VERY warm. The staff are not super helpful - when I asked if they knew how to get to a certain airport their answer was to say 'maybe there is a train' & to look up a website. Atmosphere is average but location is good. I'd stay here again but it's far from amazing

This place was cheap. I can think of no other redeeming features.

Extremely disappointing stay

no activitis

My room mate had her laptop stolen from her pack in our dorm as the cleaner of the hostel had left both the door to the dorms and our dorm room wide open. Someone was then able to access our dorm and steal the computer while the cleaner was still in the room. There were no lockers in the dorms and it was a possibility that the cleaner knew the thief. The receptionist wasn't particularly helpful when we went to report the incident. Not the best hostel experience unfortunately.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay. Disappointing there are no communal cooking facilities - it's very disturbing to have to cook in the dorm room while others are sleeping. It also detracts from the communal feeling of staying in a hostel. Regardless, would stay here again. Very clean, and very comfortable beds with ample power-points for charging your phone etc.

Good Hostel, not particularly friendly but nice and clean; quite expensive like all the city

1 2 3 Next » last »