Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Anker Hostel was pretty expensive, but I guess that's to be expected in Norway. The atmosphere didn't seem at all conducive to meeting people, which kinda sucks if your traveling on your own. If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this place is decent.

Overall, I thought that the hostel was good. The hostel is connected to the hotel, so don't get them mixed up. I stayed in an 8-bed room which had an ensuite bathroom. The bathroom wasn't really ever cleaned since I arrived, and it was one of those where the shower was not separate from the entire bathroom. This meant that the flooring was always dirty and wet from everyone's showers. The location is a little bit dodgy (according to others) but I had no issue with it. Easy walk to trains.

A large hostel, has everything you would need including a small kitchen in each dorm

Kinda a nice hostel, felt secure there. Lockers and everything. Norway. The bathroom in my room wasn't really clean and there were a guy that seemed that was living there, since there was lots of his stuffs everywhere.

The in-room kitchen was awesome! Very basic but extremely convenient.

Room for 2 people was really big and the bathroom was clean, pretty much the cleanest hostel room I've seen so far. Linens and towels were 70 and 50 NOK extra so a bit pricey but otherwise good stay and close to downtown and the oslo S train station.

Nice hostel with a very nice bar and good bedroom but you need to pay for the sheet (6€) and the hostel is not far away from the city center but in a bad area. Very bad for the staff.... And no lockers in the room Other than that the beds are comfortable good shower and it's not to expensive for Norway. I would still recommend to stay here

Not the worst hostel that I've stayed at although not the best either. There are no lockers for bags in the dorms, and the wifi signal is very weak also. However the location is good for getting downtown or to the station, and it is close to an area with bars and restaurants. You have to pay for sheets and baggage lockers which a bit much. However the other people in my dorm were really nice, and having a kitchen in the room helped us get on well as we cooked a meal!

This was by far the most I've paid for one of the least pleasant hostel experiences, very spartan bathroom shared among 8 people, pay extra for linens, staff is useless and unfriendly; location is rather convenient, a mere 10-minute walk to the central station and within reasonable walking distance to most sights in Oslo, though the neighborhood may seem a bit dodgy at first

The staff were very helpful and the location is just awesome! The hostel was just as advertised on Hostelworld.com. I think I have found myself a place to stay whenever I am in Oslo!

Huge hostel. All ages. Only stayed one night so I can't speak much to the social aspects of the place, but it got the job done.

Excellent value in the context of an expensive city. However, very odd that a fee applies to bed linen, something I've never previously seen.

It was one of the worst hostel that i ever stayed in It was bad

Good hostel, clean

the only problem ...NO BREAKFAST in the morning (you have pay at the hostel and go to a restaurant around the corner )

Not a bad hostel. Cheap for norway and location is fairly central (very close to the train station). Staff were pretty surly though- a smile won't kill you!

Close to the city center but in not so great neighborhood . Rather strange set up, poor in facilities. Staff are nice. Lack of atmosphere.

The negative aspects include having to pay for sheets and morning coffee. Most places include these in the price. The price was already high enough. The fridges in rooms need better systems. People should be asked to write their names so others know they can throw away old moldy food. The area of town is not something the hostel can change. Many dodgy suspect looking homeless and drug infected people.

• 12th May 2014

dindt have any lockers in the room, the location was cenrtal, but not in a good street

Not in the nicest part of town, but you can walk to the train station and there's a bus stop and tram right outdoors.

• 5th May 2014