Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

I needed to pay for line bed (I read before all the information about the hostel and I didn't read that ).If you dont pay,you have a fine.Have no lockers in your room(you have in reception floor).Have no plugs near your bed.You cant drink alcohol if you bought it outside. The kitchen is inside each room (uncomfortable if you want to sleep por example) and you have to leave deposit for plates,glass,etc....Broken shower. Can you pay for breakfast (60) but its nothing special.Good internet.

The location and value is very good. The staff varied a lot in terms of the information that they gave. Some said that luggage could be checked and then others stated that only if we were checking out. In another case one did not know that there were electronic lockers available. Would be helpful if it was more clearly presented that the lockers are either pay-for-time or bring your own lock.

This hostel had very bad breakfast, i do not recommend you take it. Also the room was about 30celsius and kepth did temprature even when the Windows were open. Not very good valur for your money.

No good location to store luggage in room. More outlets would be helpful, and reading lights for those that arrive late.

Great location, 5 min walk to Central station, clean room, have to pay for bed linin & towels, have to give deposit to use kitchen utensils, no power adapter to charge phone near your bed

So meh, so expensive. I've been around Europe enough to know that Oslo in general is not a good value.

i've stayed at Anker Hostel a few times while working in Oslo, and it's been a good place to stay on those occasions. They may not compare to upscale boutique hostels but they have the basics cowered. Centrally located within walking distance of the bus/train stations and close to the nightlife of Grünerløkka. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The reception/bar area is usually buzzing and a good place to meet fellow travelers. I'm sure I'll be staying there again.

The location and staff were excellent! There was something off with the atmosphere; being huge for a hostel it lacked the friendliness and relaxed attitude of other visitors. Good for people who want something practical.

• 16th May 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is located near the station and therefore very central, however the area is not the nicest and safest of Oslo. The staff was very helpful, we were allowed to all pay separately for our stay and when I needed a doctor they helped me getting to one. I would have like sockets and lights next to every bed and a locker for my suitcase, but downstairs there is the possibility to have important things in a small locker. So, overall it was a good experience!

• 15th May 2015

Great staff, but it was cheaper to add a night at place than it was to pay over internet.

• 15th May 2015
  • Sweden

We stayed in Oslo for a few days and this hostel was situated in a good area ,the lady at the desk lost our reservation we then were put into a room full of men and asked to move as we requested female dorm which was no problem and in the female dorm we had people being sick in the middle of the night into cup next to there bed , not the nicest thing to here in the middle of the night Not the hostels fault but should monitor the people a little closer

The good thing in this hostel is the location, but that's it. You need to rent there linens and towel. And it lacks the hostel atmosphere.

Deposits for kitchen utensils/lack of common kitchen was kind of silly.

Everything was very nice! clean room and friendly staff. and close to the center.

Clean hostel centrally located near the city centre. Expensive, but good value considering the prices in Norway in general.

Take out kitchens from the rooms, leave just bathrooms then.

Still strikingly expensive for a hostel, but I know this is Oslo prices

• 5th May 2015

I had a good time at Anker Hostel. All the staff were friendly and helpful. People were very sociable down at the reception/lounge area. I wish there was a communal kitchen as there were only small kitchenettes in each dorm room. However the individual kitchen boxes provided were a real novelty!!

Very nice and helpful staff, located closely to main train station and all the attractions:) Highly recommended:)

• 24th Apr 2015

My only concern is related to security. The room was quite hot and I opened one of the windows, but it was just the by the street behind the building, quite easy for someone to sneak in the room... although I did not have any problems (just a little bit noisy on Saturday after 2am!), I think that could be improved.