Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

We were kindly upgraded from Anker Hostel, to the next door Ankel Hotel. Had a wonderful stay here. Great location within Oslo.

• 3rd May 2014

wonderful location, cheap and spacious rooms.

there was actually a fire during my stay! not the hostel's fault though. they got everything under control. but just thought the staff could have handled the situation more professionally/efficiently. 270NOK for a night is definitely more expensive in relative to most hostels, however this is one of the cheapest in oslo. a proper hostel i would say. have all the necessity. but nothing more nothing less.

The neighborhood was very sketchy, although relatively central, and the wifi connection was miserably weak. A bunch of gypsies strolled down the street quite often. The room, however, was clean enough and had its own kitchen, which you could use with the kitchenette that you pay deposit to borrow. It was okay at best.

When we arrived our room was overbooked in Anker Hostel. So we stayed the night in Anker Hotel. The sink wasn't working really good in our room. The water was running down on the floor. It was very handy that there was a storage room for our luggage.

nice hostel. well located and very professional. the hostel is very good but they charge for bed linen and breakfast, For the price that is paid, it would be fair if this facilities were included.

The rooms are dirty and there is very little room to move around. The kitchen within each room is barely unusable as it would be extremely "aggressive" towards the other guests in the room (plus one needs to rent the cooking equipment downstairs and the fact that the cookers are not "top quality"). The bar is quite modest and people do not feel really involved in any kind of action.

The hostel was below my expectations: the facilities were not well maintained and the hostel atmosphere was lacking. The staff also mistakenly double charged me for my stay and I had to request a refund (which was quite a straightforward process but an inconvenience nonetheless). On a positive note, the hostel is close to the Central Station and within walking distance of many popular places.

;)thank for nice hospitality ;)the staff are cute and very sociable;) from the main train station it's very easy to arrive at the the location of the Hostel hope to back very soon another time ;)Oslo are nice and cute ;) i had meeted a lots of friend at the hostel and in Oslo.. see you next time

At night to walk from station to the hostel is little scary, because seems the road is a place for world's oldest profession

I spend 4 nights there. Rooms are comfy and bathrooms are clean! During the day you'll see more 'older' people.Although during the nights the common room is full of youths! Just grab a beer from the Bar downstairs :) Overall, It's good for the price (we're talking about Oslo!). WiFi everywhere. Location is also good (around 10 min walking from the Center).

The only complain about my stay was that there were a reaaally noisy guy on my room and we couldn't sleep. He didn't care about the others inside the room. On the other side, Alfredo from the reception was really nice with us, we had a very long conversation and so much fun talking to him. They clean the room and the bathroom every day, the location is not the best but it's a short walking distance from the train station.

In this trip I travelled 8 countries including USA and mostly staying in hostels. The hostel's location is great including everything. But the lady at reception who is seen in the Pic of hostel (name not known) had very rude/ humiliating attitude behaviour all the time I avoided to talk to her e.g last day she did not print my boarding pass and asked to go to Internet cafe, but other nice nice lady did so.I loved my stay there excluding her behaviour. Management should ask her.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

Seemed like an okay hostel. Met some nice people and the rooms were good. Unfortunately, some of the staff ( not all) seemed quite rude and unwilling to help. No lockers in the room, bit of a downside. Otherwise okay.

What a surprise is to rent the kitchen utensil to cook your own food as no common kitchen but private kitchen in each dorm....Norway is Expensive but you don't expect this... But in Norway, few hostel...Unfortunately Localtion & tidyness OK but something is missing the Traveller vibe /Spsirit

The best part of this hostel, its location. Within walking distance from the city center and even closer to the bus station (airport bus). Very recommendable the breakfast provided at the near cafeteria, you can buy the tickets at the hostel reception and save 10 NOK. What I didn't like: The 50 NOK NON REFUNDABLE fee you have to pay for the sheets (or towels) and not having lockers in the room (in spite the secure atmosphere I like to put my stuff in lockers). I will recommend this hostel!!

negativ: no oven and extra payment for many things (like sheets, soap)

The hostel is close enough to the main street, but is in a dodgy area and is overpriced. There are no lockers in the room, so you have to lock your things in the lobby or else trust that no one will steal your things. I stayed in a (very large) 8 bed female dorm with ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was a good value, but the staff was exceedingly rude, it took me 45 minutes to find breakfast because of the unhelpful woman at the desk, that night I heard the same story from three other guests.

I think it's little expensive because you have to buy linen and there isn't breakfast.

Good hotel