Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

the common area is very small and the rooms are messy

Good place to stay, not very close from hot spots but ok. Staff ok, security middle.

There's only one word for this place: sterile. It's like volunteering to stay in a hospital rather than hostel. Not only is there no life here, there is a severe lack of common rooms to meet people, laundry facilities a complete joke because they are strictly controlled by the student accommodation (you cannot access them!), and the staff are robots with no interest in you. Maybe hostels in general in Oslo are just rubbish, but this place was a waste of time and money.

you have to pay for sheets.... come on Norway get with the program. If you dont you get this nasty bed cover.

Was charged more than what I was suppose to pay for according to hostelworld.com. So please double check how much you're paying!!

A good place to stay in the centre of Oslo.

It could be better!

The staff were ok. Some were very nice and some were indifferent. The hostel is close to the train station and it is possible to go to the centre by foot within 15 minutes. It is very clean, even the bathroom. The fact that the kitchen is inside the room it is a bit complicated because of the smell of the food.

Anker was a nice hostel - it had a kitchenette and private bathroom in the dorm-room set-up, which is unusual. There were, however, no in-room lockers. Anker is in a slightly dodgy part of Oslo - the building was secure but I personally wouldn't walk around alone at near the hostel after nightfall.

Great location and value, breakfast is very good too

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Ukraine

Some of the rudest hostel staff I have ever come across! Even witnessed one curly haired lady shout quite aggressively at one guest when he simply asked where the lockers were - surely this info should be provided on check in anyway?! It makes you not want to ask any questions. Hairs all over bedding. Bathroom very hot. Close to station but rough neighbourhood. Lack of atmosphere even during World Cup, not good for single travellers. Just don't bother.

I have to say that I loved the rooms. Mine (a 4-bed room) had a little kitchenette and a shower, and the room was very spacious. It was a little weird walking through a parking garage to get to the laundry room, but I assure you the laundry room is real. You'll have to buy some tokens at the desk first, though. The staff was mostly nice. A little stand-offish, with one douchebag who tried not to refund a deposit because of a clerical error on the staff's side.

The guy at the desk was friendly and I slept well at Anker. Charging for sheets seemed a rip-off and having lockers would have been good for security. Wi-fi was poor in the room, but the lounge area was quite pleasant. The kitchen was a good bonus, though poorly equipped. Even the bin disappeared during my stay. I was on a business trip.

For the price I paid I honestly expected a lot more. The room size is good but the ensuite is tiny and everything gets incredibly soaked when you have a shower. Most of the staff don't seem to know what they are doing and are reluctant to help you out. You have to pay a ridiculous amount for sheets as well! I have to say as well there's really no point in going to Oslo in the first place there are much nicer towns in Norway.

Initially booked hostel online, but when I arrived the staff could not verify my confirmation number, so I ended up getting dinged about $5 more. Also no AC, though didn't bother me. Other than that, I would recommend Anker Hostel.

Good location, good internet, helpful staff.

Anker Hostel was pretty expensive, but I guess that's to be expected in Norway. The atmosphere didn't seem at all conducive to meeting people, which kinda sucks if your traveling on your own. If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this place is decent.

Overall, I thought that the hostel was good. The hostel is connected to the hotel, so don't get them mixed up. I stayed in an 8-bed room which had an ensuite bathroom. The bathroom wasn't really ever cleaned since I arrived, and it was one of those where the shower was not separate from the entire bathroom. This meant that the flooring was always dirty and wet from everyone's showers. The location is a little bit dodgy (according to others) but I had no issue with it. Easy walk to trains.

A large hostel, has everything you would need including a small kitchen in each dorm

Kinda a nice hostel, felt secure there. Lockers and everything. Norway. The bathroom in my room wasn't really clean and there were a guy that seemed that was living there, since there was lots of his stuffs everywhere.