Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Extra for sheets, extra for breakfast. The oxygen is complimentary, happily.

Some of staff werent helpful and we had problem because of noise in our room and We were three persons but one of my friends left hostel and stayed in Anker Hotel after first night because of noise, however we paid also for the night that he hadnt stayed and as we understand we paid deposit two times after we came back to our country and check receipt. So totally it was not a good time in Anker Hostel for us but ı can say location was great.

I had a fine stay at Anker Hostel with no complaints. It wasn't the nicest or friendliest hostel I've stayed in, but considering it was the cheapest hostel I could find in Oslo, it was exactly what I expected. The lobby was nice and the staff was efficient. The location is close to the train station and not far from a new trendy area for going out. Beware that they charge extra for bed sheets (which are required) and towels and no breakfast is included.

Hostel personnel was very friendly and polite, always willing to respond to everyone of my questions, its definite that i will come back again

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

Kitchen is IN the room.

When I reached Oslo, it was late evening and all money exchange places closed. When I requested to pay next day, they didn't agree and insisted that I pay the same night. A little bit flexibility here will definitely be appreciated. Our dorm rooms were nice, a small kitchen being part of the room itself. Funny enough, they didn't have a microwave oven in the hostel, which was a bit of turn-off.

The beds are quite small, the rooms are ok, having the bathroom ensuite and a kitchen included. The annoying thing is, that you have to hire the kitchenware for 100 NOK deposite and you may only keep it for 3 hours. It takes you about 10 Min by foot to central station / pedestrian street which is pretty good.

It would be nice to have Air-Conditioners in the rooms, because it was hot during the summer and if you open the window it was too loud because of the traffic.

The reception is also a bar, always a winner but the atmosphere wasn't great. I did only have 2 nights though. I didn't like that there were no lockers in the room and there was a cleaner who could get in all the rooms. You also need to remember to lock the door when you leave otherwise anyone can walk in and without the security of a locker I didn't feel happy about leaving my belongings. En suit bathroom was nice to have

I really liked the small kitchenette in the room.

No lockers in the room, and it's expensive (but it's Norway so what isn't). Good location, nice big rooms

The staff was so nice, my luggage didn't arrive with my airplane, so they gave me Sheets and a towel for free. Amazing roof terrace! In Walking distance to the City centre. Good value for money for Norway ;)

Having a kitchen in the bedrooms was a bit weird, but the fridge was well used for keeping drinks cool! More/ better air conditioning would have been good, and better ventilation in the bathroom (I stayed during a heatwave!) Would have liked lockers in the rooms, but didn't have any problems.

The hostel wasn't in a part of town that I felt was very safe. That said we didn't experience any issues while there, just a lot of junkies hanging around (in the area not the hostel). We had a private room for our stay and it was a little more on the rustic side than the pictures indicated. That said it did the job nicely. Staff were usually friendly except this one surly dude on reception who wasn't great to deal with. Don't bother with the breakfast option, it was pretty average.

More like hotel/apartments, although was nice to have a kitchen and bathroom in the room as well as a dining table to sit at. Location was good, only about 10 mins walk to city centre. Large communal area with a bar, but atmosphere wasn't that lively during our stay. Fine for a few nights stay, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

This was a really nice hostel. Very close to the train station. I had trouble with one girl in my dorm room and the staff were excellent at handling the situation and offering to let me change to another room. The rooms were very clean and they have a small kitchen and bathroom. The lobby is nice for meeting new people.

Everything was good except for the fact that the wifi wasn't working properly. Everytime you wanted to use it you had to go down to the reception, and at times it didn't even work there. Another fault was the few electrical outlets in the room. We stayed in a 8-people room, and had to share 4 outlets that were no where near anyones bed, so if you wanted to charge your phone during the night you had to be pretty trusting towards your roommates.

Anker is in a pretty rough area of Oslo there's a lot of homeless people on the walk from the train station. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and thank god it was only 1 night! The room was very hot and stuffy and smelly as the window would only open a few inches and there was a kitchen in the room making it even worst! There are no lookers in the rooms! The common area is quite good!

Had a very nice stay at Anker. Staff is very nice and helpful, Because Norway is so expensive and we weren't going to stay in Oslo for so long, me and my partner stayed in a mixed 8-bed dorm. It wasn't very big, with a mini-kitchen and a toilet/shower in one seperate room, but it was the cheapest we could find. Common room is at the front desk, you HAVE to rent linnen. Breakfast was served in a building a few houses away, and was quite expensive. Very cheap for staying in Oslo.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel. I like the ensuite bathroom w/ shower. Conveniently located close to the city center.