Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Great location and value, breakfast is very good too

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Ukraine

Some of the rudest hostel staff I have ever come across! Even witnessed one curly haired lady shout quite aggressively at one guest when he simply asked where the lockers were - surely this info should be provided on check in anyway?! It makes you not want to ask any questions. Hairs all over bedding. Bathroom very hot. Close to station but rough neighbourhood. Lack of atmosphere even during World Cup, not good for single travellers. Just don't bother.

I have to say that I loved the rooms. Mine (a 4-bed room) had a little kitchenette and a shower, and the room was very spacious. It was a little weird walking through a parking garage to get to the laundry room, but I assure you the laundry room is real. You'll have to buy some tokens at the desk first, though. The staff was mostly nice. A little stand-offish, with one douchebag who tried not to refund a deposit because of a clerical error on the staff's side.

The guy at the desk was friendly and I slept well at Anker. Charging for sheets seemed a rip-off and having lockers would have been good for security. Wi-fi was poor in the room, but the lounge area was quite pleasant. The kitchen was a good bonus, though poorly equipped. Even the bin disappeared during my stay. I was on a business trip.

For the price I paid I honestly expected a lot more. The room size is good but the ensuite is tiny and everything gets incredibly soaked when you have a shower. Most of the staff don't seem to know what they are doing and are reluctant to help you out. You have to pay a ridiculous amount for sheets as well! I have to say as well there's really no point in going to Oslo in the first place there are much nicer towns in Norway.

Initially booked hostel online, but when I arrived the staff could not verify my confirmation number, so I ended up getting dinged about $5 more. Also no AC, though didn't bother me. Other than that, I would recommend Anker Hostel.

Good location, good internet, helpful staff.

Anker Hostel was pretty expensive, but I guess that's to be expected in Norway. The atmosphere didn't seem at all conducive to meeting people, which kinda sucks if your traveling on your own. If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this place is decent.

Overall, I thought that the hostel was good. The hostel is connected to the hotel, so don't get them mixed up. I stayed in an 8-bed room which had an ensuite bathroom. The bathroom wasn't really ever cleaned since I arrived, and it was one of those where the shower was not separate from the entire bathroom. This meant that the flooring was always dirty and wet from everyone's showers. The location is a little bit dodgy (according to others) but I had no issue with it. Easy walk to trains.

A large hostel, has everything you would need including a small kitchen in each dorm

Kinda a nice hostel, felt secure there. Lockers and everything. Norway. The bathroom in my room wasn't really clean and there were a guy that seemed that was living there, since there was lots of his stuffs everywhere.

The in-room kitchen was awesome! Very basic but extremely convenient.

Room for 2 people was really big and the bathroom was clean, pretty much the cleanest hostel room I've seen so far. Linens and towels were 70 and 50 NOK extra so a bit pricey but otherwise good stay and close to downtown and the oslo S train station.

Nice hostel with a very nice bar and good bedroom but you need to pay for the sheet (6€) and the hostel is not far away from the city center but in a bad area. Very bad for the staff.... And no lockers in the room Other than that the beds are comfortable good shower and it's not to expensive for Norway. I would still recommend to stay here

Not the worst hostel that I've stayed at although not the best either. There are no lockers for bags in the dorms, and the wifi signal is very weak also. However the location is good for getting downtown or to the station, and it is close to an area with bars and restaurants. You have to pay for sheets and baggage lockers which a bit much. However the other people in my dorm were really nice, and having a kitchen in the room helped us get on well as we cooked a meal!

This was by far the most I've paid for one of the least pleasant hostel experiences, very spartan bathroom shared among 8 people, pay extra for linens, staff is useless and unfriendly; location is rather convenient, a mere 10-minute walk to the central station and within reasonable walking distance to most sights in Oslo, though the neighborhood may seem a bit dodgy at first

The staff were very helpful and the location is just awesome! The hostel was just as advertised on Hostelworld.com. I think I have found myself a place to stay whenever I am in Oslo!

Huge hostel. All ages. Only stayed one night so I can't speak much to the social aspects of the place, but it got the job done.

Excellent value in the context of an expensive city. However, very odd that a fee applies to bed linen, something I've never previously seen.

It was one of the worst hostel that i ever stayed in It was bad