Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Clean, comfortable, good location. Did everything we needed. Stayed in a private 2-bed with ensuite and it was exactly like a hotel room stripped to the essentials. Would recommend to friends and family.

A staff not really helpfull, no mood in common lounge, no common kitchen and location not so good

The kitchen facilities in the rooms were not very good. You had to rent kitchen utensils from reception but the kitchen itself was very poor. Would rather a big one separate to the room. The rooftop terrace was cool. This was quite a big hostel with lots of groups so it was hard to meet people, or to even talk to reception because of all the groups checking in/out etc.

Bad atmosphere, old facilities, i will try another hostel when i come back to oslo

Really large hostel which makes it easy to meet new people in the lounge. The rooms are quite minimalistic, in our case the cooking plate and the bathroom were not clean enough that I wanted to use them.

No hand soap or towels in bathrooms. This is pretty basic, and expected hygiene requirement in all developed economies the world over.

It was good for a one-night stay. The bed was comfortable but you had to pay extra for sheets and towel. Nice staff and excellent location right in front of the tram and bus station, but I wouldn't recommend at all walking around at night.

Real close to the city centre and super close to the bus and train terminals. Will definitely come back.

It was impossible to ask for some information to the staff since there was always a long line at the reception to check in and check out. The room was clean and comfortable and had a kitchen in it , but no utensil so could not cook , and the bathroom without soap or towel . The location was good less than 10 min walk from the center . And moreover you have to pay for sheet. but I think worth the price since it's the cheapest place I found. anything better than this hostel would be much more expe

Even though it was nice that the room came with its own kitchen and bathroom, the room was not supplied with basic necessities like hand soap. I also found that the staff appeared to be overwhelmed most of the time. Every time I tried to speak to them I was either waiting in line or a line formed behind me.

Nice location, Helpful Stuff.

Great location with all possible services needed. Reception looks hectic but once inside room everything changes. Trims are large with kitchenette, and endure bathrooms have everything you need. Very clean and tidy. Only drawback is there is nothing to cook with (no pots and pans, no dishes or cutlery). What's the point of having a kitchen if you can't cook?

It was a good stay, and nice hostel, although paying an additional 50NOK for linen is a lot of money and quite frustrating - would be better to include it in the original price.

Good location, clean place, BUT the place is quite anonymous like the staff, contacts are pretty poor, an echoe to the nordic image or stereotype of Scandinavia? The rooms have a kitchencorner, but no pots at all or any pans, mlates or whatever you need for cooking.

The hostel is nice, the staff are nice. The rooms are spacious and usually aren't full which was nice.

it's nothing to write home about but it's a place to stay with clean sheets, locked doors to the floors and to the room and the WiFi is pretty good. about a 15 min walk to the train station. it's in a bit of a shady area I had to walk by some addicts every day but never really felt unsafe.

Very very good Hostel to stay for the convveniance and value.

I thought it was very average. Overpriced like most of Scandinavia but had I not had the roommates I did, it would have been a lonely hostel experience. no lockers in our room but credit where due, the room was pretty big for the number of people and had a kitchen although you had to borrow the utensils. staff weren't very helpful in my opinion.

My friend and I were suppose to stay here two nights in a mixed gender dorm room. The location of this hostel is on the biggest drug dealing road in oslo. The walk from central station to the hostel was terrifying. People were shooting up heroin as we walked by. When we arrived at the hostel the staff was friendly and the lobby seemed nicely kept. When we walked into our room there was a woman laying in bed completely naked at 2pm... she was clearly on very heavy drugs. We demanded a refund.

The location was good since it was close to public transport