Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

It's okay. I'll propably choose the same spot if I'm in Oslo again (which I'm propably never going to do). Prices for the rooms are ok, but you don't get more than you pay for.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Hotel feel, reception staff are wonderful Had a bad instance where the bald headed security guard came into the dorm at 4am demanding to see everyone's passports. He didn't check the list he had and totally screwed up and told me that I was not meant to be in the room and I had to get dressed and was told to pack up my gear then escorted me to reception. The receptionist looked at the list that he had and my name was on the bloody list! He totally screwed up. Pissed off totally

Nice place for a couple of nights. The staff provide some good info & you can also buy cheap (for Norway!) beers at the desk. The communal/outdoor area could be a little better, as it seemed to really be just a place where people were waiting to check in or waiting for connections rather than somewhere people hung out & socialised... we did manage to get a group together outside though & was a lot of fun! There are built-in kitchens in the rooms and plenty of shops nearby. Also a tram stop :)

The noisy busy street made sleeping difficult, but other than that it was an decent hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014

Stayed one night. Good location. Crappy wifi. Paid for an 8 bed room, got put into a 10 bed. Apparently they do that a lot.

The hostel was in the perfect place for walking to the Main Street and the train station. The bedroom was clean, although got very hot during the night. Maybe could have done with more information available in reception (in English) regarding local sites, tours etc.

• 29th Jul 2014