Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Great hostel. I like the ensuite bathroom w/ shower. Conveniently located close to the city center.

The area the hostel is in is close to the centre, but it appears to be a little bit dodgy (I definitely witnessed an argument about a drug deal on the walk there from the station). The hostel itself is nice and clean though, but I was annoyed at having to pay 50NOK (~£5) for bedsheets when they didn't allow sleeping bags. Staff were helpful, it was clearly well looked after and (for Oslo prices!) it was pretty cheap.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Decently priced hostel in Scandinavia. I would stay here again

Nice location, staff

You have to pay or everything: bed linen, kitchen utilities and they charge extra for the key untill you return it. The street is weird and not safe to walk alone at night. But it is close to the center and you can walk to everywhere.

Most of the staff definitely shouldn't be working in hospitality. The rest of the hostel is okay, but wouldn't return because of the staff.

there was no handsoap dispenser in the room I stayed at, otherwise it's an okay hostel and you probably won't find much better in Oslo for this price.

Great location: very close to train station, trams and buses right in front of the hostel, markets, restaurants around. Checking in takes such a long time and sheets are very expensive. Wifi didn't work well during the days I was there and staff didn't help solving this problem. I was there during the Soccer World Cup, watching the matches at the hostel was great! The lobby was full of people supporting their countries' teams! I'd stay there again if I comeback to Oslo sometime.

There is nothing other than your hostel I and my wife love it.

Staff was very helpful & friendly, plus the location was great. It's very close to the train station, although we have big bags and camping stuff, it was an easy walk to the hostel. Overall nice quality hostel with friendly staff and international young travelers.

• 28th Jun 2014