Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

The location was good since it was close to public transport

Great location. Clean facilities. Private room with own bathroom was very convenient. No free breakfast, have to pay for mandatory bed linens.

Convenient location and clean and comfortable although a touch institutional. Free maps and information but there were not enough city brochures in English. The common area wasn't really spacious enough for such a large hostel but it is about the cheapest hostel in Oslo and good value for the price

Hostel was a bit underwhelming. You have to pay for your linens and get a towel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The kitchen just has a hot plate and a mini fridge. I wish there had been a microwave or something to allow you to eat an actual meal.

Impossible to rate the staff, as I didn't actually meet any. Accommodation was comfortable but, a bit cramped and there wasn't much privacy. A lounge area would be a nice touch.

• 4th Jun 2015

Friendly staff and not far to walk into Oslo.

There are a few things I like and some I dislike in this hostel. The hostel is well located and the receptionist let me in before 3 o'clock which was nice so I got to choose my bed first and had some privacy, they were kind and helpful, internet works fine. What I dislike: the hostel is located in a very dodgy area, full of gypsies and many other suspicious looking people and there is no bedside lamp, so if you need to pack in the morning you either do it in the dark, or wake everybody up.

Good location that puts you walking distance to everything the City has to offer. Staff is monotonous and lethargic. Other than the loby at the entrance to the hostel, there is no common room that promotes social expierences. Mediocre hostel at best.

I just had an issue with the bed sheets because house keeping took while I was out so another girl had arrived and took my bed cuz she saw it free but at the end we could fix that which was really a big deal, overall it was a good place to stay, very well located and clean, staff was just good enough.

We only stayed for one night before going on a fjords tour. It was easy, good location to walk to centre & station, decent room but VERY noisy. People came in at all times of night and were very inconsiderate when they did (not necessarily the hostels fault although I read the same comment from some other people before our stay). You can park on the street outside overnight if you need parking and in a parking lot under the hostel at other times.

The staff was helpful on directing us to the city and telling us where some attractions were. There is no security in the room, but you can pay for a locker downstairs, we didn't investigate that. The little kitchenette was nice though.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »