Anker Hostel Reviews

Storgata 55, N-0182 Oslo, Oslo, Norway

In this trip I travelled 8 countries including USA and mostly staying in hostels. The hostel's location is great including everything. But the lady at reception who is seen in the Pic of hostel (name not known) had very rude/ humiliating attitude behaviour all the time I avoided to talk to her e.g last day she did not print my boarding pass and asked to go to Internet cafe, but other nice nice lady did so.I loved my stay there excluding her behaviour. Management should ask her.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

Seemed like an okay hostel. Met some nice people and the rooms were good. Unfortunately, some of the staff ( not all) seemed quite rude and unwilling to help. No lockers in the room, bit of a downside. Otherwise okay.

What a surprise is to rent the kitchen utensil to cook your own food as no common kitchen but private kitchen in each dorm....Norway is Expensive but you don't expect this... But in Norway, few hostel...Unfortunately Localtion & tidyness OK but something is missing the Traveller vibe /Spsirit

The best part of this hostel, its location. Within walking distance from the city center and even closer to the bus station (airport bus). Very recommendable the breakfast provided at the near cafeteria, you can buy the tickets at the hostel reception and save 10 NOK. What I didn't like: The 50 NOK NON REFUNDABLE fee you have to pay for the sheets (or towels) and not having lockers in the room (in spite the secure atmosphere I like to put my stuff in lockers). I will recommend this hostel!!

negativ: no oven and extra payment for many things (like sheets, soap)

The hostel is close enough to the main street, but is in a dodgy area and is overpriced. There are no lockers in the room, so you have to lock your things in the lobby or else trust that no one will steal your things. I stayed in a (very large) 8 bed female dorm with ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was a good value, but the staff was exceedingly rude, it took me 45 minutes to find breakfast because of the unhelpful woman at the desk, that night I heard the same story from three other guests.

I think it's little expensive because you have to buy linen and there isn't breakfast.

Good hotel

This is a hotel with dorms, NOT a hostel. There is no atmosphere. The common room is actually just the foyer area. Plus I thought the staff were pretty unhelpful

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »