Anna houseboat Reviews

Prins Hendrikkade 549, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thank you for a very very comfortable stay in your home. We loved it and we will come back!

• 8th Apr 2015

We loved this place! It was our first visit to Amsterdam, and we were not disappointed. The Houseboat is beautifully decorated and most charming; importantly, it offered us an ideal base. As a family of four, we were able to take a leisurely breakfast, pack up picnic lunches, spend the day exploring and then come home to chill out with Netflix/play cards/siesta before cooking supper or heading out for dinner in the evening. The "shareware" was brilliant - thanks for a lovely stay!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We had a great time staying in the boat. It was cozy and very suitable for the four of us. The owners were also very friendly and accommodating.

• 24th Mar 2015

What an amazing place to stay! I loved everything about my time here. From the quiet area to the clean room to renting bikes, everything was perfect! Thijs and Dawn are amazing hosts and very accomidating and understanding. I will definitely be coming back!

• 16th Mar 2015

We stayed on Anna Houseboat for 8 nights with our kids and we loved our stay.Very comfortable, friendly host, will definitely stay again.

• 14th Mar 2015

As soon as we approached the houseboat, me and my friend were a little apprehensive, but inside this place is a palace, It's very big inside, and we had a very warm welcome from other guests and the owner. There's lots of shareware and I appreciate the kind of DIY atmosphere. The owner leaves you alone to your own devices but you can get ahold of him if anything. My favorite part? There are two black cats that live on/in the boat. Adorable, friendly mischievous tenants.

The boat was surprisingly large, and the room itself was cosy and clean. The kitchen was well equipped and user friendly, and the location was close to the train station and a quick walk into the red ligt district and the centre. The only gripe I had was that the family room which was split over two levels was not seperated by a door. Not ideal for a couple travelling with 2 friends; no privacy!

It's a little bit hard to find for the first time. But the location is only 5-10 minutes walk from central station. the room is clean and facilities are good. The owner is really kind to introduce the boat and the city tour. It's a good experience overall.

Best hostel ever! My family and I just loved the place! Cozy, comfortable, clean and close to the main station. I totally recommend it!

Great houseboat in Amsterdam, which is a 10-15min walk to all the nearest attractions. It might be a struggle if you're really tall as you won't be able to stand up in some bedrooms, but overall it's very spacious. Staying there is a great experience and it's so clean and cosy. There's a kitchen which you can use and two bathrooms. The owners of the boat are very nice and have a cute cat too!

• 23rd Dec 2014

We absolutely LOVED our stay at Anna houseboat!! It was a little difficult to find at first, but it was worth the search. The houseboat is very cosy and nautical themed. It felt like staying in a home rather than a hostel. The kitchen was self serve and there were 'share wares' like tea, biscuits, and shampoo found in the common areas. I forgot my toothbrush, but was able to purchase one from the shop in the kitchen. Everything was warm, clean, and secure. We highly recommend staying here!!

• 7th Nov 2014

You definitely need to experience ANNA Houseboat. Great atmosphere, excellent facilities, perfect staff, everything was better than expected. It was a real houseboat experience. Looking forward to stay here again.

Great place, great location, great athmosphere! We did not spend so much time onboard, (Amsterdam is bigger than that :D) but it was so great that it wasn't in the middle of the city but a few minutes by walk. We will be back for sure! Thank Captain! :)

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts