Anna houseboat Reviews

Prins Hendrikkade 549, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very clean, warm, with a good shower, a nice kitchen; every little thing was thought of - a very special atmosphere! We will come again or at least recommend it to friends! Thank you!

A fantastic place to stay in Amsterdam! The hosts are fantastic, helpful, and friendly and made us really feel at home. The novelty of staying on a boat is very exciting. It's very quiet but right in the middle of the city, with easy access to anything you need. We loved walking around the area, and found it easy to get to nice places to eat and drink in the evenings.

owners very friendly, accommodating and discreet. Excellent location to reach the center of Amsterdam.

• 1st Nov 2013

A really fantastic ecperience.....just wish we could have stayed there longer....oops!!!!

A Wonderful place to stay. Greeted by warm and friendly owners. Free towels and access to kitchen facilities, a huge bathroom that was always free, a cosy bedroom and all the novelty that comes with staying on a houseboat, one only a short walk from Central station. Thank you for a wonderful stay, we shall return!

It was very nice to sleep in a boat ! Thijs and Dawn are great hosts and we had a very pleasant stay. The place was clean and cute. I would definitely recommend ANNA Houseboat !

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

My friends and I were absolutely delighted to stay at the Anna Houseboat. It is a beautiful and well maintained space, hosted by friendly locals, with easy access to the surrounding area. I heartily recommend this property to anyone seeking an unforgettable and relaxing 'hostelboat' experience. Thanks, Thijs and Dawn!

Brilliant time staying at Anna! Thanks!

• 8th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

cozy and wonderful hotel to stay

Awesome value for money and a unique kind of hostel, a lot closer to being a B&B than what many would think of as a hostel.

• 19th Sep 2013

Thankyou so much to Thijs and Dawn for having us stay on their gorgeous boat. Thijs was super helpful and mapped out where everything was to help us get sorted. Anna Houseboat was very central with a great view out over the docks and across to the museum. It had heaps of character and everything about our stay was positive. Everything on the boat was absolutely spotless also. Thankyou and I hope to stay again one day if I return to Amsterdam!

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

We absolutely loved staying on Anna Houseboat. The owners went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel at home. The place was spotless, I could not fault a thing. I think the bathroom is shared but we never saw anybody else while we were there. They had everything you could possibly need and more, with great cooking facilities. The location is a little hard to find which meant it was central but quiet. I'd highly recommend this place to my friends.

It was more than a five minute walk from the station, especially when you consider carrying luggage. More like 15-20min. We made it okay but would have taken a cab with our bags, had we known.

• 31st Aug 2013

ln the houseboat there are only two guest rooms which is good because it makes the place more comfortable, also there is a large and fully equipped kitchen. l totally recommend this place!

Very nice hosts! Would book it for our next Amsterdam trip anytime! Absolutly recommendable - but be aware that such a houseboat is noisy!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The owners are very nice and helpful. The ship is clean. There is a big kitchen, which you can use. The city is close. We had 3 wonderful days there!

• 7th Aug 2013

Amazing staff in a central place without so much noise. Perfect for a relaxing stayal in Amsterdam!

Highly recommend this as an alternative accommodation to stereotyped 3 star hotels. Initially I found it hard to find, so take care with directions. As you get to the bridge look for two very large marble lions. The boat was opposite, or it was when I was there! Enjoy.

Price is normal , not really cheap and not expensive. Location is not adjacent to centraal station , metro station nor the tram station, but you could walk to centraal station at around ten minutes and get the City Tram. You will very enjoy the stay at the houseboat, while you step in the house boat , no lobby , but a sitting room there , with stove , oven , kitchenware , washing machine and drying machine, just like a normal house. If you prefer to cook by yourself, I will greatly recomment th

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Hong Kong

Great stay on the canal boat but felt it was a quite expensive for what we received I.e. shared bathroom.

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts