Anna houseboat Reviews

Prins Hendrikkade 549, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Awesome value for money and a unique kind of hostel, a lot closer to being a B&B than what many would think of as a hostel.

• 19th Sep 2013

Thankyou so much to Thijs and Dawn for having us stay on their gorgeous boat. Thijs was super helpful and mapped out where everything was to help us get sorted. Anna Houseboat was very central with a great view out over the docks and across to the museum. It had heaps of character and everything about our stay was positive. Everything on the boat was absolutely spotless also. Thankyou and I hope to stay again one day if I return to Amsterdam!

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

We absolutely loved staying on Anna Houseboat. The owners went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel at home. The place was spotless, I could not fault a thing. I think the bathroom is shared but we never saw anybody else while we were there. They had everything you could possibly need and more, with great cooking facilities. The location is a little hard to find which meant it was central but quiet. I'd highly recommend this place to my friends.

It was more than a five minute walk from the station, especially when you consider carrying luggage. More like 15-20min. We made it okay but would have taken a cab with our bags, had we known.

• 31st Aug 2013

ln the houseboat there are only two guest rooms which is good because it makes the place more comfortable, also there is a large and fully equipped kitchen. l totally recommend this place!

Very nice hosts! Would book it for our next Amsterdam trip anytime! Absolutly recommendable - but be aware that such a houseboat is noisy!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The owners are very nice and helpful. The ship is clean. There is a big kitchen, which you can use. The city is close. We had 3 wonderful days there!

• 7th Aug 2013

Amazing staff in a central place without so much noise. Perfect for a relaxing stayal in Amsterdam!

Highly recommend this as an alternative accommodation to stereotyped 3 star hotels. Initially I found it hard to find, so take care with directions. As you get to the bridge look for two very large marble lions. The boat was opposite, or it was when I was there! Enjoy.

Price is normal , not really cheap and not expensive. Location is not adjacent to centraal station , metro station nor the tram station, but you could walk to centraal station at around ten minutes and get the City Tram. You will very enjoy the stay at the houseboat, while you step in the house boat , no lobby , but a sitting room there , with stove , oven , kitchenware , washing machine and drying machine, just like a normal house. If you prefer to cook by yourself, I will greatly recomment th

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Hong Kong

Great stay on the canal boat but felt it was a quite expensive for what we received I.e. shared bathroom.

This is one of the nicest experiences ever!! I loved this charming boat and his great welcoming owners. It really makes going to Amsterdam a lot more enjoyable than it already is. It´s clean and quiet and spacious, all you need when you get back tired from a long day of sightseeing etc.

The staff are so friendly and accommodating. We had a 4 bed room and our own private conservatoryesque area to enjoy the sun. The only thing I didn't like was the ceiling height but that's more to do with my height at 2m. My travel companions didn't have issues with this. Highly recommended and I will visit again. Thanks Anna!

Houseboat Anna was a fantastic find & I am so pleased we stayed there. I hope to stay there again on my next trip to Amsterdam!

• 7th Jun 2013

Great stay! Such a great calm oasis in the heart of Amsterdam.

We had a pleasant stay at ANNA houseboat.

Anna houseboat is a charming hostel within walking distance to the central train station. We were met with a warm welcome, a map and an orientation talk of the city center. This boat was very clean. We stayed in the two person twin room. This was my first houseboat experience and I really enjoyed the character. Laundry facilities were not for customer use, but my friend needed to do laundry so the Anna team allowed it, at no charge.

Absolutely excellent hospitality with great kitchen with fridge, 2 toilets, unique atmosphere, perfect location and warm-hearted hosts, that clearly worths the 100%!

Fantastic place, only advanteges!

Been lots of times to Amsterdam and stayed twice on the Anna houseboat by far best accommodation will definitely returning 5*

• 3rd May 2013