Anna houseboat Reviews

Prins Hendrikkade 549, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We absolutely LOVED our stay at Anna houseboat!! It was a little difficult to find at first, but it was worth the search. The houseboat is very cosy and nautical themed. It felt like staying in a home rather than a hostel. The kitchen was self serve and there were 'share wares' like tea, biscuits, and shampoo found in the common areas. I forgot my toothbrush, but was able to purchase one from the shop in the kitchen. Everything was warm, clean, and secure. We highly recommend staying here!!

• 7th Nov 2014

You definitely need to experience ANNA Houseboat. Great atmosphere, excellent facilities, perfect staff, everything was better than expected. It was a real houseboat experience. Looking forward to stay here again.

Great place, great location, great athmosphere! We did not spend so much time onboard, (Amsterdam is bigger than that :D) but it was so great that it wasn't in the middle of the city but a few minutes by walk. We will be back for sure! Thank Captain! :)

The hostel was phenomenal, we were all surprised by how lovely it was. Thijs and Dawn were perfect hosts, and everything was just fantastic from the view, to the beds, to the lovely hot power shower! I couldn't have asked for more for a birthday treat and I can't recommend it enough. It is THE place to stay in Amsterdam.

• 27th Sep 2014

Everything was like in the pictures, it's a lovely boat with a lot of details, we would come back every time again!

• 9th Sep 2014

Very nice place, extremely clean and really close to the city center and the central trainstation. So quite and with a beautiful view on the main canal.

• 21st Aug 2014

I was expecting a boat house to be a little small but the place was very big. Excellent owners who were happy to answer any questions. It was very home like and welcoming. I would recommend this to anyone. Fab location! Use of boat kitchen with essentials was good too. The walls were thin but everything else outweighed this.

Very nice staff, very helpful. Facilities are good considering it's a boat. Very close to the station and central area. Would recommend to anyone and would definitely go back

We absolutely loved the houseboat! The hosts are extremely nice, helpful and accommodating and our bedroom was spacious and clean. The kitchen area had supplies if you were interested in cooking and it was very quiet at night - very near to the main area so it was easy to go out and experience the Amsterdam nightlife but then come back to the quiet boat when you were ready to call it a night (within walking distance). Thanks so much ANNA houseboat!

I visited Anna Houseboat along with my 4 year old son, 16yr old daughter and her friend and we all had a fantastic experience so suitable for all ages. We were delayed in arriving but this was no problem for the staff that waited for us. The boat was very attractive and homely and perfectly clean. Every detail had been considered to make their guests stay as comfortable as possible. The location was very central but perfectly quiet on an evening. We will return without question!

• 11th Aug 2014

Perfect localisation, cheap price and exotic place to stay for a few day !

Everything was absolutely great. Extremely friendly atmosphere, great location, and fun and awesome owners. Would definitely recommend staying at this place to any of my friends or family.

• 8th Aug 2014

I have visited Amsterdam many, many times and the Anna Houseboat is without doubt the best place I have stayed. The location is fantastic, very central. It is spotlessly clean. The owners Thijs and Dawn are very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I stayed recently with my 2 young children and they loved the adventure of staying on a house boat. Everytime I return to Amsterdam I will be hoping to stay here. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• 5th Aug 2014

Awesome location! The staff was wonderful & gave us great suggestions for sightseeing. Highly recommend!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Really nice and welcoming staff, great value for money. The owner is also very helpful and helped us find many places in the city. The boat is located in the centre of Amsterdam, everything is very close. The kitchen on the boat is fully equipped so it is possible to cook your own food. I would definitely book Anna's houseboat for next visit and recommend it to others, no matter if you are a family traveling with children or couple of students exploring the world.

Highly recommended for a different experience of the city. Owners are very friendly and helpful. Short 5-10 minute walk to main streets and very close to train station. We really appreciated that they have a kitchen with shared/common items for everyone to use. Sodas and snacks were available for purchase was was nice as well. Shower was surprisingly powerful for a houseboat. Very clean and comfortable. Only negative was the other guests were very loud and obnoxious...hard to take a nap!

Great stay on the Anna houseboat. Location great. WiFi didn't work for us but otherwise would recommend.

• 9th Jun 2014

Had a pleasant stay at Anna Houseboat. Accommodation was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The owners were very helpful and kind - would definitely recommend to other travellers!

Thijs was a really great host - amiable, hearty and generous in dishing out advice and providing directions to us. The boathouse was kept in a really pristine condition and was always clean. The boathouse was done up really well and had a lot of personal touch to it. We loved the cosy atmosphere and there was plenty of shareware going around to make our stay a comfortable one. Thank you for making our stay in Amsterdam so comfortable!

The Anna Houseboat staff received us perfectly and me and my friend where so happy to have stayed there! They have excellent rooms, the toilet is big and clean, they offer cookies , bread, coffee, tea, and peanut butter and jelly for all their clients... Also a computer with internet, maps and all you need! It was really nice... I totally recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5