Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

One thing I wanted to mention is that the common room is closed from midnight to 7am because a member of the staff sleeps there. This just makes things a little inconvenient for example if you need to be up for an early flight, you need to get things done and don't want to wake anyone in your room, or you're just jetlagged and can't sleep. This is the really only complaint I had!

Nice and clean hostel with fantastic staff.

the staff are really informative and friendly with plenty of reading material on things to do and how to get there, timings of trains etc. Really enjoyed my stay, the communal area is always busy and someone to talk to. The free breakfast is a good idea and does help you to get up in the morning. Really enjoyed my stay, this would be my first choice for places to stay when I come back *\(^o^)/*

We were unfortunate to stay in a japanese style room with a small window overlooking the wall of a building, which resulted in a poorly ventilated and dark room, with a strong smell. On the other hand, the atmosphere was cool, international, and the common room is ideal for meeting people. The staff let us take a shower after check out, before our flight. :) All in all we had a pleasant stay, but the room was terrible. Turning room 41 into a luggage room would be a great improvement!!!

Hat's off to the staff who were very helpful and were able to provide a nice atmosphere to stay in!

Staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke good English. Mattresses were so thin it felt like sleeping on the floor. Very quiet area, not much to do but the train station is only a short walk away. Good common room area to meet other people

• 1st Nov 2014

The common area and kitchen were really great, as well, the included breakfast was a nice addition. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only complaint is the bathroom cleanliness, but that is just something that you become accustomed to in hostels.

I stayed here two times. First time it was a good experience, I had a nice the room at the top floor. Nice atmosphere and it's one of the best places to meet other travellers. Second time was ok enough. My room was in a rather noisy hallway and especially in the weekends it was a bit hard to sleep before 12 One thing: I was a bit annoyed by the lack of cleanliness of the toilets (uppermost part hasn't been cleaned in weeks I guess). So bit of a mixed review, though I would still recommend it

Amazing place, clean, nice people, quite close to everything! But i still know Anne did!! :)

The front desk was very helpful for everything. It was easy to check in, rent the portable wifi, and ask for recommendations. I would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Excellent location for a hostel in this huge city!

Very nice place a bit hard too find and mattresses a bit rough.

• 21st Oct 2014

Location was fantastic - walking distance to subway and JR lines. Rooms were clean, toilet was clean too. Lots of small eateries near the hostel, closer to the subway/JR stations.

The beds are provided with a very uncomfortable mat, terrible for resting after a day of sightseeing. The rooms smell bad and the toilets are not always so clean. Some in the staff are really helpful, while others seemed a bit indifferent to the guests. One day I woke up with the sound of a couple that decided to "celebrate" their stay in Tokyo in the bed just above mine. I told it to the girl in the staff and she said "well, you are in a dorm, right?". Location and breakfast are very nice.

the place we stayed at was decent it was just one night but man the reception staff were nice and some were really cute too. There were laundry and showers were pretty good. My mate got stuck in one cause the door could not open but i did not have any problems. The place is nearby the subway and we even saw one of the travelers we met at another hostel. So that was a coincidence. There is free tea as well in the common room which was great.

Great hostel; loved the free breakfast, the room was quite spacious, lots of free information available and the breakout area was filled with other friendly backpackers.

Fantastic staff, very helpful fun and speak great English. Enjoyed my stay a lot and met friendly fellow travellers, great atmosphere in the hostel! Walking distance to Akihabara, with both JR and metro a few minutes away making it a very convenient location. Would stay here again! Thanks for everything! :)

It is a little bit crowded but it is ok. Location is ok.You will be a couple blocks away from train and metro stations.. It has all the basics. Really good place to meet new people

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

The staff and facilities are great. Only wish the lockers were inside the room. It is located in a quiet neighborhood (as opposed to in the center of Tokyo's nightlife).

The place was clean and the location is good. The staff is helpful and they provide a small breakfast in the morning which is great (boiled eggs and toast). The beds however are pretty uncomfortable. I've slept on ground that has been softer than these beds. Prepare for a sore hip in the morning. Beyond that, no complaints.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5