Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Hostel is far from busy parts of Tokyo and you need to travel everywhere. Tokyo public transport is great undergoing renovations at present common room not open past midnight free breakfast. super clean. lockers available poor atmosphere. no group activities. nice place if you're doing your own thing, but wasn't the best for a solo traveler in terms of meeting people

Poor soundproofing of rooms, you could hear any sound on the floor. "Bathroom" is actually in corridor where everyone is passing through. Hair driers there are waking everybody up since there's no soundproofing. Rooms could be cleaner and more up to date. Mattress was completely worn out, we were sleeping pretty much on the wooden frame of the bed. Showers were really small. Ridiculous shoe policy, especially since there's different floors you have to move between. Luggage storage in hall?

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

What an absolutely nice place! The staff is really nice and we really enjoyed the few days in a more traditional japanese room. Thank you so much for everything!

• 5th Jan 2016

The hostel was great. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The dining/lounge/social room is great. It's comfortable and a great place to meet other travelers. The hostel is close to transport and some key attractions in Tokyo. The free breakfast is also really good. Haven't found another hostel to offer that yet

Nice staff, cool breakfast room, but I think the way bed linen is managed needs to be revised. There were many sheets and blankets and I think they created a lot of dust floating in the air. The showers are cramped but that is pretty standard for Tokyo where space is limited. The bathrooms were clean. Great location and breakfast is always handy.

Not the best experience I would say.

My only complaints: Having the bed assigned to me was a little bad. Sleeping so close to a heater made me too hot and caused me to sneeze. There was a curtain to block part of the bed, but not your bunkmate! No complete privacy or a way to block out light. The sinks didn't have hot water, so you had to take a full shower to wash your face. The mirrors are in the hallway so everyone can see you putting on your face. Everything else was great and I would stay again.

• 26th Dec 2015

Lovely hostel. Staff were helpful and friendly. I liked the Japanese style dining room and the location was so easy to get to and from the metro and a quite a nice area to stay lots of supermarkets, cafes around. Would stay again!

Nice place! The staff is super cool, the common area is great, and the complimentary breakfast is much appreciated (hard-boiled eggs and bread/jam for toast). Easy to find from the nearest station. They have padlocks for rent (500yen deposit) if you want to lock up your valuables in the small lockers they provide. No space set aside for luggage if you arrive before check-in time, if you want then you can put yours in the stairwell.

It was very nice and close to the station. Not too bad value for money either. Would recommend!

The showers were small, rooms were cramped, lockers needed padlocks. However, I truly enjoyed my stay here. The staff were ace, Kazuna (banana hater), Yoko and Shimpei were all super friendly, as were the others whose names I never got. The common room is small, but that's okay. Games, free tea and coffee and the breakfast was good enough. It's not the cheapest, but it's a great hostel. Location - no complaints. Overall one of the coolest hostels, would stay here again for sure! Thanks guys!!

Great Value

It was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Good hostel. Common room was very easy to meet people in the evenings. Would stay here again

The location is very good, near asakusabashi shoping street, the staff soo helpful, even helping us to book bus ticket etc. We enjoying our time here ^^

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Indonesia

I really enjoyed stay at Anne Hostel. The direction to the facilities very clear, it was really big help for me especially after long flight. The staff his name is Yu, he was so great. I appreciate his effort to make the guest felt comfortable. The separation for the bathroom and toilet between men and ladies two thumbs up

There should be a rule for all guests not talking on the hallway past midnight. The room is not sound proof/has thin wall so that we can hear people talking out loud behind the door/on the hallway. It was very noisy during my stay. The room heater was not working either. The best thing in this place is the breakfast and the location, which is near the subway and JR Line, even though we had to go by train to reach the touristy spots.

ถ้าชอบบรยากาศส่วนตัว ไม่ควรมาพักที่นี่เลย เพราะผู้เข้าพักเสียงดังทั้งช่วงเช้ามากๆ และช่วงดึกมากๆ ถ้าเทียบกับราคาแล้ว ถือว่าไม่คุ้มค่าเลย เไปพักโรงแรมเลยดีกว่า สบู่แชมพูไม่มีทั้งสิ้น ผ้าเช็ดตัวต้องเช่า มีกลิ่นบุหรี่จากข้างนอกลอยเข้ามาในห้องเป็นระยะ เนื่องจากห้องติดถนนด้านหน้า คนมายืนสูบบุหรี่ตลอด

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Thailand

It was great! We spent about 6 nights there and it was really good! I would definitely stay at the same place when I go back to Japan.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Keep up the good work! :D

« first « Prev 1 2 3