Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

A nice little hostel between Asakusa and Akihabara (20-30min walk to both). I stayed in both a private room and a dorm room. Both were clean and comfortable. Be aware that the walls are not very sound proofed. Breakfast was nice - toast and hard boiled eggs and a very detailed map of the local area made it easy to find our way around.

Excellent atmosphere here - met so many great people! Would definitely stay here again.

The Anne Hostel it is a really good value. I stayed in a traditional room and was really amazing. They have lovely staff. Really nice place, for the next time in Tokyo I will considered to stay again in Anne Hostel.

My friend and I stayed in the private double and had a wonderful time. Everything was so neat and clean, the bathrooms were nice and the toilet seats were even heated! We met some of the most fun people at the hostel! Everyone was friendly and we even went out to karaoke with a big group of people that we met at the hostel as well. There is a free breakfast in the morning, a nice kitchen, and wifi everywhere as well. Overall, we had a great experience!

• 7th Jan 2015

I have all good memories of staying at Anne. The staff were particularly helpful and the private double room I booked was exactly what I needed. Close enough to both Asuksabashi Stations and overall a good hostel experience in my opinion.

Excellent time!

• 1st Jan 2015

Best hostel ever. The staff was friendly, the site was very clean and the lounge gives you an opportunity to meet new pals and to try the Japanese traditional tatami.

Enjoyed my stay here, the common room's pretty decent. Could use some activities or events hosted by the hostel though.

• 21st Dec 2014

A decent enough hostel, although the 12 bed room is pretty cramped. breakfast was basic but definitely good if you're on a budget.

The beds were clean and comfortable. Facilities very clean and nice. Staff was helpful in food recommendations. Free breakfast always a plus.

• 18th Dec 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Anne. The location and atmosphere is wonderful as we have met a lot of new friends from all parts of the world. The living room is a good place to relax and have a chat. As for a tip, there can be a horrible draft (especially for the people om the lower bunkbeds, these are the total cold spots) during the colder periods. I ended up shoving my matress against the door and slept on the floor to attempt to stop the draft and have it warmer. The wisest desicion ever.

Everything is excellent, except that the cleaning ladies really smell, when they clean in the morning, the room stinks for at least 2 hours of their odor. Strongly recommend the hostel provide them with deodorant or perfume. This is quite unacceptable coz Japan is such a clean country where everyone values hygiene!

Showers too small to get changed in unfortunately.

Very nice hostel. I can really recommend it besides the fact that the housekeeping staff threw away my food which was in the fridge for maybe 10 hours...

I think the hostel needs refurbishment. It's a bit old I think. The shower room wasn't that convenient and it's too small even for me. However, everything was not too bad. The common area was ok. The boss was there to answer some tourist questions. I would reserve this hostel as option B.

Good place to stay in Tokyo.

This hostel was good in most ways, especially the dorm rooms. Each bed had it's own light, shelf an curtan for privacy as well as a locker for each guest. Free breakfast was a pluss and also providing slippers. My only real negative was that the showers run out of hot water very quickly each day so you need to get in quick to have a warm shower. Staff were helpfull and the location was convienent near a train station and a safe area.

Really nice place to stay, and great staff. The beds are sufficiently large, and comfortable enough. But the finding the place at first was a little difficult. And the dryer doesn't work very well. So you'll have to go twice (2 hours, 600 yen) or drop a dry towel in with the laundry (what someone else told me to do). But other than that, the place is really nice, people are friendly and it's pretty accessible to more popular stations (about 10-20 minutes by train depending on where you go). :D

Anne's famous breakfast. That is all :P

Too far from main road and station

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5