Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

We very much enjoyed our stay at Anne. The location and atmosphere is wonderful as we have met a lot of new friends from all parts of the world. The living room is a good place to relax and have a chat. As for a tip, there can be a horrible draft (especially for the people om the lower bunkbeds, these are the total cold spots) during the colder periods. I ended up shoving my matress against the door and slept on the floor to attempt to stop the draft and have it warmer. The wisest desicion ever.

Showers too small to get changed in unfortunately.

Very nice hostel. I can really recommend it besides the fact that the housekeeping staff threw away my food which was in the fridge for maybe 10 hours...

Good place to stay in Tokyo.

This hostel was good in most ways, especially the dorm rooms. Each bed had it's own light, shelf an curtan for privacy as well as a locker for each guest. Free breakfast was a pluss and also providing slippers. My only real negative was that the showers run out of hot water very quickly each day so you need to get in quick to have a warm shower. Staff were helpfull and the location was convienent near a train station and a safe area.

Really nice place to stay, and great staff. The beds are sufficiently large, and comfortable enough. But the finding the place at first was a little difficult. And the dryer doesn't work very well. So you'll have to go twice (2 hours, 600 yen) or drop a dry towel in with the laundry (what someone else told me to do). But other than that, the place is really nice, people are friendly and it's pretty accessible to more popular stations (about 10-20 minutes by train depending on where you go). :D

Too far from main road and station

A bit inconvenient to change to slippers. Direction given was clear. Actually we just followed the Youth Hostel signs along the street. Overall, a good stay.

Good area, though the floors always smelled like wet dog because of the carpet and the showers right there. The shoes added an unpleasant odor as well. Overall, pretty good experience however.

• 28th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Anne Hostel Asakusabashi. We stayed in a futon room for 6 days, and one downside was we can hear the other people from the adjacent room, but manageable. The hostel is 2-minute walking to thw nearest metro-toei station which make it accessible in travelling to other places. I will definitely and highly recommend to my friends who might want to visit Tokyo to stay in this Hostel and I will defeinitely stay again there :) Kudos to Anne Hostel and see you soon! :)

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Close to asakusabashi station on the chuo JR line and the askusa subway line. Convenient as the yamanote circle route is only one stop away (akihabara). Nice staff and decent breakfast considering it's free (boiled eggs, toast and tea)! Heaps of tourist info on the walls too. Only bad thing is the showers - they keep going hot and freezing cold, seemed to get a bit better if you timed your shower when no one else was in there. Very clean though.

The staff was amazing!!!!!! :)

• 25th Nov 2014

I really liked Anne's atmosphere. The other travelers were kind and engaging. I traveled alone but I felt secure and was able to chat with others just fine. The staff was cute and very helpful too! I had a comfortable stay there. I noticed that some other commented that the beds were hard and uncomfy. Although it is kind of hard, if you truly spent a long good day exploring, you wouldn't mind it at all when bedtime comes along! Thanks for making my trip a memorable one.

• 14th Nov 2014

One thing I wanted to mention is that the common room is closed from midnight to 7am because a member of the staff sleeps there. This just makes things a little inconvenient for example if you need to be up for an early flight, you need to get things done and don't want to wake anyone in your room, or you're just jetlagged and can't sleep. This is the really only complaint I had!

Thank you very much for your stay at Anne Hostel. We had a great time having you as our guest here. Hope the rest of your travel went well! The reason why we close the lounge room is only because there are guests rooms on the same floor as kitchen and lounge room. We understand that it would be an ideal idea to open the lounge room for guests all night, but we are a hostel and need to guarantee all guests comfortable stay. We appreciate your kind understanding, and hope to see you again!

Nice and clean hostel with fantastic staff.

First thing that strikes me is that the staff were really friendly and helpful! The free breakfast also helps hehe. Hostel seems to be the place to meet and hangout with fellow backpackers and even went out once for a night out plus it's near the stations. The facilities could be a bit cleaner and room to have more fresh air compared to other hostels but it's nothing I can't handle :). Overall, great experience and would definitely come back here if I get a chance to! Thank you!

the staff are really informative and friendly with plenty of reading material on things to do and how to get there, timings of trains etc. Really enjoyed my stay, the communal area is always busy and someone to talk to. The free breakfast is a good idea and does help you to get up in the morning. Really enjoyed my stay, this would be my first choice for places to stay when I come back *\(^o^)/*

We were unfortunate to stay in a japanese style room with a small window overlooking the wall of a building, which resulted in a poorly ventilated and dark room, with a strong smell. On the other hand, the atmosphere was cool, international, and the common room is ideal for meeting people. The staff let us take a shower after check out, before our flight. :) All in all we had a pleasant stay, but the room was terrible. Turning room 41 into a luggage room would be a great improvement!!!

Staff was very friendly and helped make bookings to Tokyo tourist attractions. Hostel was pretty clean. Having breakfast included was very nice. Bedrooms are good, but the 12 bed dorm is really cramped. Location is good in the middle of Tokyo but in a quiet area so you can get sleep.

Hat's off to the staff who were very helpful and were able to provide a nice atmosphere to stay in!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5