Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

A nice little hostel between Asakusa and Akihabara (20-30min walk to both). I stayed in both a private room and a dorm room. Both were clean and comfortable. Be aware that the walls are not very sound proofed. Breakfast was nice - toast and hard boiled eggs and a very detailed map of the local area made it easy to find our way around.

Good overall but a few points to note - you will have to store your big bags in the stair well and there is only one tiny locker that is room allocated but outside the room and you have to hire the lock if you don't have one. Facilities are OK but the water isn't very hot in showers or taps. Does have a good social room and drinks vending machine upstairs. Beds are not comfortable at all I slept on top of my doona and under the blanket provided to give an extra layer underneath. Handy location

Great vibe in the common room, very jovial and people were happy to share info or form a posse to visit bars or attractions. Otherwise basic and decent... a fine place to sleep, wash, eat, etc as you would expect. Couldn't go too wrong with this one.

Conveniently close to a train station (a JR line too, which is good for those with JR passes) and in a nice area. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, a decent kitchen was available and included breakfast was handy. The common area was nice and good for meeting people. The wall with information about other neighbourhoids to visit and how to get there was helpful. Our dorm room was a bit cramped (no space for luggage), but I'd definitely stay there again.

It was all around great!! Very clean and well laid out. The lounge could get a bit crowded but the close quarters made it easy to meet other people. Not too far from the JR and subway station which was a plus and only one station (or a 15+ min walk) from the Akihabara area. And the breakfast was definitely a plus! I would recommend it and even stay there again :)

• 20th Jan 2015

Overall a great hostel - only complain would be the toilets - some of the seats could be improved. Great lounge area for guests to relax, hangout and to meet people!

• 17th Jan 2015

My first review. They are at a good location in Tokyo. They offer pocket wifi for rent! The communal area has a nice atmosphere to make new friends. They have wifi but I wish Anne Hostel has a chromecast so people can watch what they can watch on the phone.

• 16th Jan 2015

Excellent atmosphere here - met so many great people! Would definitely stay here again.

The Anne Hostel it is a really good value. I stayed in a traditional room and was really amazing. They have lovely staff. Really nice place, for the next time in Tokyo I will considered to stay again in Anne Hostel.

My friend and I stayed in the private double and had a wonderful time. Everything was so neat and clean, the bathrooms were nice and the toilet seats were even heated! We met some of the most fun people at the hostel! Everyone was friendly and we even went out to karaoke with a big group of people that we met at the hostel as well. There is a free breakfast in the morning, a nice kitchen, and wifi everywhere as well. Overall, we had a great experience!

• 7th Jan 2015

I have all good memories of staying at Anne. The staff were particularly helpful and the private double room I booked was exactly what I needed. Close enough to both Asuksabashi Stations and overall a good hostel experience in my opinion.

Excellent time!

• 1st Jan 2015

Best hostel ever. The staff was friendly, the site was very clean and the lounge gives you an opportunity to meet new pals and to try the Japanese traditional tatami.

Enjoyed my stay here, the common room's pretty decent. Could use some activities or events hosted by the hostel though.

• 21st Dec 2014

A decent enough hostel, although the 12 bed room is pretty cramped. breakfast was basic but definitely good if you're on a budget.

The beds were clean and comfortable. Facilities very clean and nice. Staff was helpful in food recommendations. Free breakfast always a plus.

• 18th Dec 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Anne. The location and atmosphere is wonderful as we have met a lot of new friends from all parts of the world. The living room is a good place to relax and have a chat. As for a tip, there can be a horrible draft (especially for the people om the lower bunkbeds, these are the total cold spots) during the colder periods. I ended up shoving my matress against the door and slept on the floor to attempt to stop the draft and have it warmer. The wisest desicion ever.

Everything is excellent, except that the cleaning ladies really smell, when they clean in the morning, the room stinks for at least 2 hours of their odor. Strongly recommend the hostel provide them with deodorant or perfume. This is quite unacceptable coz Japan is such a clean country where everyone values hygiene!

Showers too small to get changed in unfortunately.

Very nice hostel. I can really recommend it besides the fact that the housekeeping staff threw away my food which was in the fridge for maybe 10 hours...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5