Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Asakusabashi is very out of the way and in the middle of nowhere. I would recommend anyone planning to do day trips to Tokyo to book no further than the Asukusa area itself. The 8 bed dorm is TINY. The building is giant and doesn't feel like a hostel at all. Apart from that, the staff on duty during my short stay was a very friendly. The facilities were very clean, spotless, actually. If it's just for a night, then it's fine. It's not a hostel I would want to spend my vacation at though.

Great hostel. Good atmosphere and friendly staff. Loads of information and leaflets about Tokyo. Close to the station for Jr and subway. Would happily stay again

This was an awesome hostel. You can rent the backpack wifi which is a lifesaver. I started my trip at this hostel and made some friends the first night in the common room. Also tons of maps, guide books, advice, and coupons. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

My favorite hostel in Japan! The staff is super friendly, eager to help anyone with questions, they provide countless suggestions, and overall create a fantastic atmosphere. The free breakfast is definitely a plus and the common area makes it incredibly easy to meet and socialize with other travelers. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, the internet is fast, and the hostel is conveniently located near the JR and metro lines. I'll definitely stay here again!

The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. Security was good, with a small locker (lock rental available) and a keyed lock on the door to each of the dorm rooms. I would certainly stay there again!

Location was convenient, very near Askusabashi metro line. I chose it because it was very near (short walk or 1 metro stop from) the Ryogoku which was a main attraction for me in Tokyo. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable and spoke English...added bonus! Security was solid, as they had key lock on each dorm room plus an additional smaller locker in the hall for your valuables. You had to pay 500yen for the lock but wasn't that bad considering.

A little out of the way, but was at least close to metro/JR. Staff was quite friendly, and the common room area was nice (free tea/coffee) Didn't like how I had to pay 100 yen for a towel, though, considering the hostel price itself is already fairly high. Also for some reason, the hallway to the dorms smelled strongly of feet, and there was random trash (like an old crusty shampoo bottle) under my bed; perhaps some more cleaning should be done. Overall, average experience.

We had a pleasant stay in a twin room. Everything was nice and clean. Even when some unruly guests left the sinks full of hair, everything was cleaned up quickly. The only problem I'd state is the smoke from people's cigars outside coming through the window, which is quite annoying if you need to get fresh air.

Nice hostel, good to have free breakfast but honestly the rules about shoes and food and all the rules are a little bit intense at times.

Stayed there for 6 nights, and it was fine. The only real complaint I have is that there is NO soundproofing, so you hear everything from not only the room next to you, but every room on your floor and the 2 closes rooms on the floor above. So could at times be hard to get to sleep, due to people walking back and forth to the toilet, sinks, showers and rooms.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Norway

The biggest problem for me was leaving luggage to the stairwell with no supervision before check-in. Otherwise my stay was excellent.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Finland

Good facilities, enough for people on each floor. A bit noisy at night as people use bathroom sinks located in the corridor outside the bedroom doors. The rooms are on a small side. An 8 bed dorm we stayed in was very cramped, no space for bags etc and a room next door of similar size had only 4 beds in. Nice and helpful staff. Good location, easy to get around Tokyo. Breakfast was provided, was ok (we were glad to have any breakfast!)

it's good. So clean and good location.

We have stayed in 5 different places around Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Takayama and Tokyo again). Anne Hostel was the worst of them in terms of facilities, atmosphere and value for money.

Great hostel. Very nice to have a breakfast included in the price per night!

• 27th Sep 2015

very helpful staff. Loved the atmosphere of the hostel and met a lot of nice people there. Will look back on my time in Tokyo and in this hostel fondly

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Been in several hostels in Tokyo, but Anne Hostel Asakusabashi is by far the best one. Good location, excellent staff, but most importantly, an incredible atmosphere. A stay at Anne will give you a lot of friends and good memories. Next time I'm going to Tokyo, I will definitely stay at Anne.

I would not necessarily recommend this hostel - it is not the cleanest, the beds were old and smelly and the staff was sometimes rather unfriendly.

Very cozy place, in a very nice and chill area. About 30 minutes from Shibuya in metro, which actually isn't that far at all. Was lucky to spend 2 weeks there with some very nice people. New people will come and go all the time, but the free breakfast is an excellent way of getting conversations going. I would have made a lot less aquaintances there, had it not been for the free breakfast. I cannot stress this enough. Talk to people at breakfast, and you're bound to get some new friends.

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you for the hospitality! Anne Hostel Asakusabashi was my first hostel experience and they did not disappoint. The staff was very nice and answered all my questions. Nice place!

• 11th Sep 2015