Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel in a great location! Made my first stay in Tokyo so much better and easier! Really hope to return in the not so distant future! Only criticism is that the common room is closed off at midnight, so you either have to go to bed or go out!

Friendly English speaking staff. Comfy bed. Convenient location.

Great little hostel located in walking distance to the JR/subway station, which takes you back to the Tokyo Loop line. Stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm where bag space is very limited, there are secure lockers located in the main corridors. The changing space in the men's shower room is very tiny, no room to get change unless you get changed in the wet showers. The lounge room was closed at midnight so any partying had to continue elsewhere!

Best place ive stayed in tokio. The staff is very friendly, speaks good english and helped us a lot with planning our trip. Breakfast is included, there are lockers for ur stuff and a confi room to sit with everybody. The hostel is in a quit street anf close to the JR-station so we could use or jr pass to get there.

Good hostel, everything was clean and facilities were plenty. It lacked atmosphere sometimes though.

Loved the place. I was only there for two nights, but after I met the staff and people I wished I could've been there longer. Cheers!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Though it's quite small, but it's cozy and comfortable. With good location and nice staff.

Really loved it there, will definitely be back! cant think of any thing that you can improve on. It was a perfect place to stay for my first time in Tokyo, very welcoming and the staff are lovely. They helped me out so much when i was stressed about getting to Osaka, they told me where to go, what bus to catch how much it would be and even printed out a map for me on how to get to the bus stop from the train station. Loved the staff, will definitely be back, everything you could want in a hostel

This place is in an excellent location, right in the heart of Tokyo. Very easy to get wherever you want to go from Asakusabashi. The hostel was clean, had very comfortable beds, and served a great breakfast every morning. People there were friendly and quite social. It could get rowdy at night up until about 12:30, which could be bad for early sleepers. Overall, I would really recommend this place.

Excellent! Not one problem

I stayed in the 12 bed dorm which was okay. My only complaint is that the room is a little bit cramped up. I like the "privacy curtains" though. Toilets were very clean.

everything is good. they have a breakfast for you. there is many restaurant near here. it's just 5-10 minute to walk to train station or subway.

I underestimated how disturbing being in a 12 bed dorm would be especially being in the bed with a doorway to the hallway on either sides of where I slept. I tolerated it but the staff was very unhelpful and inflexible to the man in the bunk below me whose sleep was seriously disturbed by the doorway's foot traffic. For this reason he asked to move beds but to no anvil. Another warning is there is an extremely expensively washing machine and a drier that takes 3 hours and 900yen for damp clothes

• 30th Nov 2013

Although the hostel was really good in the long run, a few issues really bothered me and made me think this is unacceptable. The main issue here are the dryers. Firstly, it shouldn't take a dryer 3 loads going for 3 hours to dry some clothes. My clothes weren't even dry in the end and I got a cold for waiting for them so GO ELSEWHERE! Another thing was that for the 5 nights I stayed, on no occasions was the door to my room locked which was concerning. None the less it is a great place to stay.

Was a great Hostel with a great staff... clean and nice rooms...

It is one of the top hostels I stayed in terms of convenience. Highly recommended!

• 24th Nov 2013

Nice hostel, but the shared rooms might be too small.

Great hostel - got to meet some really fun back packers - there's a big common room to chill out in , good wifi throughout, we stayed in two dorms, the first (8 bed) nice and quiet when we needed to sleep, the second (12 bed) was really loud until 2pm - to be honest I think this is just luck of the draw on who you are sharing with.

• 23rd Nov 2013

I found the printed suggestions to various sights very helpful. Good that the hostel has many signs emphasizing the need to be quiet and considerate to other guests. =) If possible, do consider changing the metal lockers, the clanging noise caused by opening and closing the lockers were disturbing especially when people got in late or were packing early in the mornings. Oh and perhaps a reminder to the gentlemen guests to wear pants over their undies when walking about the corridors. lol!

The staff is very helpful & nice!