Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It's a fine hostel, little cramped in the dorms, but that's Tokyo... Bit of a young crowd sitting around on their phones the whole time I felt

I love this hostel I stayed there many times. I always meet great people. It is very close to the Tokyo Metro and the JR-Lines. The staff is awesome. The community room is great, breakfast is really good. Everything is super close, they give you so many resources to research your trip, it is great. Even helped me book my bus to Kyoto.

It was the best hostel I d stayed in Japan

What a fantastic hostel. Breakfast in the morning was great, staff could not have been more helpful, absolutely tonnes of information on the wall for day trips and sightseeings - the homemade flyers show you step by step how to get to a destination, what to do and even how to book Studio Ghibli tickets using the ticket machines in 7/11 which are only in Japanese. Superbly clean and organised - the only place better I stayed in was their sister Anne's Hostel down the road :D

Really good hostel. Quite small and cramped at times, but expected for Tokyo location. Couldn't really fault. Would recommend

The staff were incredibly helpful for booking tours and providing information. The common room was great and always filled with people, and all common spaces were kept clean and tidy. Wifi was accessible on every floor and very quick. It was easy to get around Tokyo from the location, but it was really the atmosphere and staff that made this hostel stand out for me!

• 1st Sep 2015

Anne is a real solid hostel. The facilities are quite nice for the value and the beds are comfy and have a curtain. I stayed in the 12-bed dorm and was amazed at how quiet it remained in there and felt a real respect for privacy. You will run into loud partiers in all cheap Tokyo hostels, but Anne does a great job of maintaining a safe and respectful atmosphere. The lockers are large, which is rare in Japan, and the free breakfast makes this a steal of a deal.

All in all it was a great stay at this hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful, the kitchen was well equipped and the living room really nice. They have to change the pillows badly, though, because those are so thin and worn out that you get the impression they weren't even there.

Breakfast was minimal, toast and boiled eggs. Location puts you a little east of everything worth seeing. Many people stay there so it's easy to make friends. Good wifi. Beds are okay but not super comfy. Showers don't leave much space for your clothing.

The hostel was a very clean and the staff was friendly. There were signs pointing the right direction leading up to the hostel that helped out especially if you don't have any GPS. I suppose it was out of the hostel's control, but there was an odd incident with a drunk traveler during my stay who woke me and another traveler at 5AM. I ended up having to kick him out of the room myself after he had woken all of us up. Maybe some signs posted reminding guests to not go into other rooms would help?

• 22nd Aug 2015

Loved free breakfast! Even if it's just boiled eggs and toast it's really nice to have something in the mornings just there. Common room area nice and wifi works better in there. Glad had lockers. Met some nice people and went to fireworks with them :) so good atmosphere. Pretty close to Akihabara, which ended up being my favourite neighbourhood! Little far from some other things, but public transport works well. Enjoyed my stay!

The room is pretty old but clean. The bed is not comfy. It's too thin and tough, which you can feel the floor when you sleep. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

extremely noisy

Smelt bad. Staff weren't friendly and absolutely no atmosphere. Breakfast was very mediocre. Difficult to find.

1 2 3 Next » last »