Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

1947 Total Reviews

Best hostel ever. The staff was friendly, the site was very clean and the lounge gives you an opportunity to meet new pals and to try the Japanese traditional tatami.

Enjoyed my stay here, the common room's pretty decent. Could use some activities or events hosted by the hostel though.

• 21st Dec 2014

A decent enough hostel, although the 12 bed room is pretty cramped. breakfast was basic but definitely good if you're on a budget.

The beds were clean and comfortable. Facilities very clean and nice. Staff was helpful in food recommendations. Free breakfast always a plus.

• 18th Dec 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Anne. The location and atmosphere is wonderful as we have met a lot of new friends from all parts of the world. The living room is a good place to relax and have a chat. As for a tip, there can be a horrible draft (especially for the people om the lower bunkbeds, these are the total cold spots) during the colder periods. I ended up shoving my matress against the door and slept on the floor to attempt to stop the draft and have it warmer. The wisest desicion ever.

Everything is excellent, except that the cleaning ladies really smell, when they clean in the morning, the room stinks for at least 2 hours of their odor. Strongly recommend the hostel provide them with deodorant or perfume. This is quite unacceptable coz Japan is such a clean country where everyone values hygiene!

Showers too small to get changed in unfortunately.

Very nice hostel. I can really recommend it besides the fact that the housekeeping staff threw away my food which was in the fridge for maybe 10 hours...

I think the hostel needs refurbishment. It's a bit old I think. The shower room wasn't that convenient and it's too small even for me. However, everything was not too bad. The common area was ok. The boss was there to answer some tourist questions. I would reserve this hostel as option B.

Good place to stay in Tokyo.

This hostel was good in most ways, especially the dorm rooms. Each bed had it's own light, shelf an curtan for privacy as well as a locker for each guest. Free breakfast was a pluss and also providing slippers. My only real negative was that the showers run out of hot water very quickly each day so you need to get in quick to have a warm shower. Staff were helpfull and the location was convienent near a train station and a safe area.

Really nice place to stay, and great staff. The beds are sufficiently large, and comfortable enough. But the finding the place at first was a little difficult. And the dryer doesn't work very well. So you'll have to go twice (2 hours, 600 yen) or drop a dry towel in with the laundry (what someone else told me to do). But other than that, the place is really nice, people are friendly and it's pretty accessible to more popular stations (about 10-20 minutes by train depending on where you go). :D

Anne's famous breakfast. That is all :P

Too far from main road and station

Someone broke my padlock (lockers outside the room) and stole my money. Never come back to this place again. There was some cameras, but all of them was off. Call the police and they re still trying to match fingerprints from the lockers. Staff was nice and helped me, cause i had to stay there till my credicard company send it to me. But the owner didnt give me any money back.

A bit inconvenient to change to slippers. Direction given was clear. Actually we just followed the Youth Hostel signs along the street. Overall, a good stay.

Good area, though the floors always smelled like wet dog because of the carpet and the showers right there. The shoes added an unpleasant odor as well. Overall, pretty good experience however.

• 28th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Anne Hostel Asakusabashi. We stayed in a futon room for 6 days, and one downside was we can hear the other people from the adjacent room, but manageable. The hostel is 2-minute walking to thw nearest metro-toei station which make it accessible in travelling to other places. I will definitely and highly recommend to my friends who might want to visit Tokyo to stay in this Hostel and I will defeinitely stay again there :) Kudos to Anne Hostel and see you soon! :)

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Close to asakusabashi station on the chuo JR line and the askusa subway line. Convenient as the yamanote circle route is only one stop away (akihabara). Nice staff and decent breakfast considering it's free (boiled eggs, toast and tea)! Heaps of tourist info on the walls too. Only bad thing is the showers - they keep going hot and freezing cold, seemed to get a bit better if you timed your shower when no one else was in there. Very clean though.

The staff was amazing!!!!!! :)

• 25th Nov 2014