Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

1980 Total Reviews

Great hostel in Tokyo. Great staff - clean - good for meeting people Ticks all the boxes

Good hostel, great location next to subway. Perfect if you just want a bed and will be out dawn till dusk seeing tokyo. Only negative is if you want somewhere for space to relax as there is almost no common room space for the amount of people staying. When we stayed the one room was always packed for breakfast and in the evenings and no food, drink allowed in bedrooms. Free breakfast is a nice touch.

A great stay, although it is not overly popular to use credit cards in Japan, it was slightly inconvenient that they only accept cash.

• 31st Jan 2015

I'd liked the free breakfast. the staff were lovely, and a good buzz. the bad was the hard beds, the close proximity of noise in the hallway and finding the hostel on first time was tricky. its in a convient location and decent value for money for Tokyo standards

The rooms are very small, still good hostel

A nice little hostel between Asakusa and Akihabara (20-30min walk to both). I stayed in both a private room and a dorm room. Both were clean and comfortable. Be aware that the walls are not very sound proofed. Breakfast was nice - toast and hard boiled eggs and a very detailed map of the local area made it easy to find our way around.

Really enjoyed both my stays at this hostel. Location is close to the subway and JR lines, the hostel is clean and has everything you need and the staff efficient and friendly and the atmosphere is awesome, there's always someone to talk to from different parts of the world. The free breakfast is a bonus too! Highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Tokyo :)

Good overall but a few points to note - you will have to store your big bags in the stair well and there is only one tiny locker that is room allocated but outside the room and you have to hire the lock if you don't have one. Facilities are OK but the water isn't very hot in showers or taps. Does have a good social room and drinks vending machine upstairs. Beds are not comfortable at all I slept on top of my doona and under the blanket provided to give an extra layer underneath. Handy location

Great vibe in the common room, very jovial and people were happy to share info or form a posse to visit bars or attractions. Otherwise basic and decent... a fine place to sleep, wash, eat, etc as you would expect. Couldn't go too wrong with this one.

Conveniently close to a train station (a JR line too, which is good for those with JR passes) and in a nice area. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, a decent kitchen was available and included breakfast was handy. The common area was nice and good for meeting people. The wall with information about other neighbourhoids to visit and how to get there was helpful. Our dorm room was a bit cramped (no space for luggage), but I'd definitely stay there again.

Very good atmosphere with very fun guests to be with. Room size was a bit small, and leaving luggage in staircase was not optimal but overall very happy with experience.

• 21st Jan 2015

The dorms are nice. The beds each have their own curtain and plug. Makes for a nice sleep at night when the light is still on. There are lockers, but only big enough to lock up your personal stuff. The breakfast is nice to have, but it is just boiled eggs and toast. There are a lot of choices for your toast so that was nice. I found the location to be easy to get to from the JR lines. The only down side was there was a draft by the bed so I was very cold. The people staying there were nice too.

It was all around great!! Very clean and well laid out. The lounge could get a bit crowded but the close quarters made it easy to meet other people. Not too far from the JR and subway station which was a plus and only one station (or a 15+ min walk) from the Akihabara area. And the breakfast was definitely a plus! I would recommend it and even stay there again :)

Overall a great hostel - only complain would be the toilets - some of the seats could be improved. Great lounge area for guests to relax, hangout and to meet people!

• 17th Jan 2015

My first review. They are at a good location in Tokyo. They offer pocket wifi for rent! The communal area has a nice atmosphere to make new friends. They have wifi but I wish Anne Hostel has a chromecast so people can watch what they can watch on the phone.

• 16th Jan 2015

Excellent atmosphere here - met so many great people! Would definitely stay here again.

The Anne Hostel it is a really good value. I stayed in a traditional room and was really amazing. They have lovely staff. Really nice place, for the next time in Tokyo I will considered to stay again in Anne Hostel.

My friend and I stayed in the private double and had a wonderful time. Everything was so neat and clean, the bathrooms were nice and the toilet seats were even heated! We met some of the most fun people at the hostel! Everyone was friendly and we even went out to karaoke with a big group of people that we met at the hostel as well. There is a free breakfast in the morning, a nice kitchen, and wifi everywhere as well. Overall, we had a great experience!

• 7th Jan 2015

I have all good memories of staying at Anne. The staff were particularly helpful and the private double room I booked was exactly what I needed. Close enough to both Asuksabashi Stations and overall a good hostel experience in my opinion.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »