Anne Hostel Asakusabashi Reviews

2-21-14, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

lovely location with the backpacker with nice people who work in this hostel rooms is clean and comfy you should try this;)

I've had a really good time at the Anne hostel, it's clean, in a good position, and it has a very kind staff (cheers Kazuna!). The lounge is a good place to rest with a cup of tea, and have a talk with other guests. Ther's the lift ad a good wi-fi all over the building. Free guides in several languages available.

• 9th Mar 2014

Very good hostel for japan. Typically cramped in the rooms but the social area was small and compact so it's really easy to meet people. Also very close to two train lines and only one stop from asakusa, an excellent day out. No restrictions on the heater like hours on/off. Breakfast was terrible so don't bother setting your alarm. Would be a lot better if they had scheduled activities in the hostel esp going out.

Helpful staffs, perfect location, clean and definitely value for money.

"Japanese style" hostel with a great location on the subway line between Haneda Airport and Narita Airport. Its walking distance (15 min) to the temples in Asakusa and the Electric City in Akihabara (15 min). I even walked to the Imperial Palace and Tokyo City Center (45 min). And of course... there is just a 3 min walk to the subway and the train from the hostel. Great beds, restrooms, facilities etc. I strongly recommend this place. Its even includes a good breakfast.

I stayed in different hostels during my trip and had the chance to see and feel the differences between the places. For me there wasn't a homey or cosy atmosphere at your place. I think your place is to crowded, to small, the lights in the rooms are not cosy, the way you are informed all the time about what's not permitted feels really disrespectful to me and it's not easy to go to sleep early because the curtains of my bed didn't cover my whole space. There was a big television at breakfas:(

• 18th Feb 2014

Free breakfast is good way to start the day and gives you a chance to talk to other travellers. Learn the metro and you will have no problems getting anywhere, good idea to get a suica or pasmo card for catching trains. Load it up with credit and you wont have to work out what ticket to buy each time.

Stayed one night on arrival in Tokyo. Travelled from the airport alone by train, hostel easily found using the instructions they give you. Staff friendly and helpful. You are unable to eat in the dorms but there is a communal room and the free breakfast is great. convenience shops also within walking distance. Would stay here again.

Staff speaks very good English. Located near JR Asakusabashi, unlike in Asakusa where you will need spend few hundred Yens to ride the Subway, it's very convenient for JR Pass user. Last time I checked in at 01:00 at no problem, because of my flight delay. They waited for us if you Email them. Definitely coming again for my next trip.

As soon as I left, I wanted to go back. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the bathrooms were some of the cleanest I've seen in hostels. The breakfast was only eggs and toast but it is sufficient and brings the whole hostel family together. Super comfy blankets, good bed. Great Wifi connection. Just read all the good reviews! Great place of entry for first timer in Tokyo. ^^

An awesome backpackers! The place is clean. The staff are super friendly and helpful. They let me store my ski gear there for a week while I shot off around Japan. Would stay here again if i'm ever in Tokyo again.

Thanks. good value, great staff.

• 12th Feb 2014

Great staffs, had a few great nights

A great hostel in a good location to get around the different areas of Tokyo. You're a few minutes walk to the nearest train & metro stations to get you where you want to go. Beds are comfortable and the rooms clean. Communal areas are everything you'd expect them to be from a hostel. The free wi-fi was a real bonus and was quick too. The free breakfast was simple, but good. And the common room is a great room to meet people, share plans and just chill out.

Terrific point of entry for a first timer in Tokyo!

The supplied breakfast is genius and perfect for anyone travelling alone and wanting to meet people who you can explore tokyo with as everyone sits to eat together and talk:)

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »