Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

An easy walk from the Lake and the downtown/old city. Staff were friendly and helpful!

• 29th Jan 2016

The facilities and service were not nearly good enough for the price paid. Reception hours weren't on the website, had to be let in by residents already inside (poor security), reception was *hardly ever* attended - very difficult to get any help or rent towels when needed. Shower was broken so we had to hold it by hand, heating was centrally controlled (very inconvenient as no staff at the desk when we needed it turned on). Poorly run, but friendly staff and short walk to town centre.

• 12th Jan 2016

I found it by chance, you should be on more big hostel pages. It's a great place for a great price.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Uruguay

The staff at the Hostel were so approachable and friendly! Gave us some great recommendations on restaurants and attractions. Lots of spots to park and very close to the village centre.

The group of staffs was nice and helpful. However the room I stayed was smelly.

Was the funnest hostel I have ever stayed at. So many fantastic memories. Bit of an issue with the owners who were a bit cold, but the staff were fantastic. Hung out with every one of them since they were all work aways. Loved my time there. Atmosphere is great even for a small town! :)

In the room that I stayed lack a part of the window so the room is not completely dark; to shower one has to hold the shower by hand; and inside the house was a little cold.

• 28th Nov 2015

Cheap but location was far out of centre. Good kitchen. Nice staff. Bathroom was dirty especially shower.

Such lovely staff, really relaxed atmosphere and great location for seeing Annecy.

Decent hostel with nice staff. Somewhat smelly and dirty though. No storage room for bags

The staff is very helpful and this hostel is very well positionned in the city. Moreover, the hostel has got good facilities like a great kitchen, wifi, and rent of bike. But it's very shame that the cleanness isn't present (bathroom, and table for dinner)

• 14th Nov 2015

An easy bus ride or shortish walk from the station. Supermarket just around the corner and cooking facilities. The staff are mostly travellers themselves and so super nice and helpful. Only spent one night so we didn't get to truly enjoy it but the city is beautiful. Can imagine the outside area would be great and social during summer when more people were there.

The bathroom needs to cleaned s there were molds on the bathroom ceiling and on the window ledges.

It was the first time I went to a hostel and it definitely convinced me that it's worth it..!

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Nice hostel, except that it's a bit cold in the common area and freezing in the hallways, so you'd better have a warm sweater on you. The common area could use more lights :) I was really focused on finding a job so I didn't socialize a lot but the few guys I talked to were really nice and friendly! Cheers

The ceiling of the shower room inside of my dorm room was completely covered with black mold. That is absolutely disgusting and a health hazard!!! I like how there were lockers in the room but the lighting in the room was really dark and strange. No wifi in the room, only in the common room which was also dark and dingy. The kitchen area was nice, did not experience the back patio since it was raining. One of the staff members was really rude but the rest were super nice!

Staff were either unwelcoming and hostile or were more interested in themselves.

We're really surprised by your comments. Our staff are really friendly and always enjoy to spend time and do activities with our guest.

It is close with old annecy center. And you can take no.4 bus from station to here (croix rouse) But also can walk (it takes about 15min). I especially liked the kitchen. There were many kitchen outils and were clean, well-equipped. And there was a party in the garden at night. The garden is amazing! And it would be better to have more attention in shower room's cleanliness. Little bit unsanitary

Thank for your nice comment. We're gald you enyoy our garden party. As for the shower, it is cleaned every morning but unfortunatly not every guest is respectful of the next one.

a great place.great international gathering

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Israel

modern, clean rooms, a well-equiped kitchen and they have their own cosy bar in the garden (which however means that you can't bring your own beer etc). Downsides: light in bathrooms and kitchen keeps switching off automatically (sometimes after just 10 seconds) which can get pretty annoying and fridge needs some cleaning. Also Wifi doesn't get to the rooms, so you always have to go back downstairs

We have automatic light so electricity is not wasted. We found out that a lot of people don"t know how to turn off the light! And it's not 10s. We did not put WIFI in the room so people can sleep quietly without their neigbourg skyping or watching a movie.

« first « Prev 1 2 3