Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

everything was right as usual

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Very good.

Cant say enough about this hostel. Like living in a home with your temporary family. Best hostel kitchen EVER

The kitchen wasn't open till nearly 9am both mornings

Great location and garden. Wifi not in rooms was a bummer

Thank for your appreciation. As said previously, no wifi in the rooms is a choice we made. We don't want guest disturbing the others in the room who want to sleep. There is wifi in the common area and in the garden.

Amazing experience at this hostel. I have never felt more involved in the culture of the hostel than I did at this hostel. Perfect city for any people who are adventurous and active. I strongly recommend this hostel to anyone that might go to annecy.

• 8th Apr 2015

This was the first Hostel I have been Europe. It is simple, a little messy, but my bedroom was clean, the shower is really hot and nice. I stood in a second house at the backward, which was a litlle cold.

• 3rd Apr 2015

one of the worst places to stay... you cant be safe in your room while sleeping

• 2nd Apr 2015

the hostel is 10 minutes walking from the train station, and 10 minutes walking from the Old Town, there is a supermarket 200 meters, the place is clean, the staff is friendly, and they have a nice garden where you can chill in the summer...

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! The rooms were good and they had a bathroom attached to each one (no toilet there though - that was shared among the floor). Everyone was really nice and it was easy to meet people. You can use the kitchen and the fridge for cooking

All in all ok

• 14th Mar 2015

Staffs are from different countries , they are young , nice and energetic . They will share their things wif u n introducing u gd bar nearby if u wanna know👍 U can cook n play guitar there Watch tv n hv fun in the living room It is a sweet warm house. 3 mins walk to supermarket Bus stop outside the hostel 10 mins walk to centre 15 mins walk to train station Bike renting provided

we (3 people) spent 2 nights in the hostel. I think it was not good except its location. We had to change the sheets ourselves when we did the check in, bring it down to the reception when we did the check out. that was not a big deal, but I never did it at any hostels that I stayed before. The smelt in the room was horrible. The staffs there, most of them had no idea about the city, no recommendations, no instructions. But obviously, there are few hostels in Annecy, you don't have many choices.

i love this place i had a really amazing weekend

very good living experience

• 18th Feb 2015
  • China

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Annecy Hostel. The staff was very helpful and nice. The facilities were also great and very well equipped. Also very close to Old Town, maybe a 10-15 minute walk. 10/10 would stay again.

Thank for your nice comment. Next time, come in the summer. It's when Annecy is at its best!

I had a wonderful stay here! I was there for a weekend. Pros: staff informative, common areas filled with wonderful people, one shower per room, clean, kitchen facilities. Con: street hostel is on is nothing special but it is a short walk to Vieux Annecy. A couple of us wanted to bus up Mont Semnoz, but the one guy read the times wrong - so the amazing woman behind the desk told us how to hitchhike up there which was really great. Beautiful view!

• 24th Jan 2015

Great stay, free coffee and tea. Staff was nice!

Wifi does not work in rooms. Bed looked like it had been slept in when I arrived. Fine for a night's sleep but not many clean comforts.

We did not put Wifi in the room because we do not want guest do disturb their dormmate with their computer late in the night. How can your bed has been used as we give the bed linen when you arrive and you have to make your own bed? We make sure to have a clean hostel and invite our guest to tell us when something is not good, so we can correct it.

I loved getting to meet people who were staying in the hostel, especially around mealtimes. It was an open & friendly atmosphere. However, I was pretty shocked that more wasn't done after my friend, who stayed in the hostel with me, was inappropriately touched by another client. I would have expected them to make him leave. There was also one night when two men without proper ID were let in after hours to stay the night, and seemed to be smoking weed in the hostel. It was kind of sketch.

• 1st Jan 2015

We are sorry about what happen to your friend. We gave you another room and thought that will enough. We do not accept guest without ID as it is request by law. If one of the manager had seen the man smoking they will certainly have been kick out.