Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

we (3 people) spent 2 nights in the hostel. I think it was not good except its location. We had to change the sheets ourselves when we did the check in, bring it down to the reception when we did the check out. that was not a big deal, but I never did it at any hostels that I stayed before. The smelt in the room was horrible. The staffs there, most of them had no idea about the city, no recommendations, no instructions. But obviously, there are few hostels in Annecy, you don't have many choices.

i love this place i had a really amazing weekend

• 20th Feb 2015

very good living experience

• 18th Feb 2015
  • China

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Annecy Hostel. The staff was very helpful and nice. The facilities were also great and very well equipped. Also very close to Old Town, maybe a 10-15 minute walk. 10/10 would stay again.

I had a wonderful stay here! I was there for a weekend. Pros: staff informative, common areas filled with wonderful people, one shower per room, clean, kitchen facilities. Con: street hostel is on is nothing special but it is a short walk to Vieux Annecy. A couple of us wanted to bus up Mont Semnoz, but the one guy read the times wrong - so the amazing woman behind the desk told us how to hitchhike up there which was really great. Beautiful view!

• 24th Jan 2015

Great stay, free coffee and tea. Staff was nice!

Wifi does not work in rooms. Bed looked like it had been slept in when I arrived. Fine for a night's sleep but not many clean comforts.

We did not put Wifi in the room because we do not want guest do disturb their dormmate with their computer late in the night. How can your bed has been used as we give the bed linen when you arrive and you have to make your own bed? We make sure to have a clean hostel and invite our guest to tell us when something is not good, so we can correct it.

I loved getting to meet people who were staying in the hostel, especially around mealtimes. It was an open & friendly atmosphere. However, I was pretty shocked that more wasn't done after my friend, who stayed in the hostel with me, was inappropriately touched by another client. I would have expected them to make him leave. There was also one night when two men without proper ID were let in after hours to stay the night, and seemed to be smoking weed in the hostel. It was kind of sketch.

• 1st Jan 2015

We are sorry about what happen to your friend. We gave you another room and thought that will enough. We do not accept guest without ID as it is request by law. If one of the manager had seen the man smoking they will certainly have been kick out.

relaxing atmosphere, nice stay

• 27th Dec 2014
  • China

A super location (only ten minute walk to the central train and bus station. I especially enjoyed Annecy hostel because of the atmosphere. Because of its design, it ensures a nice community is created between everyone staying. In addition, I have stayed in 20 + hostels over the years and CELINE IS THE BEST HOSTEL STAFF I HAVE EVER MET. She is extremely knowledgeable about the area, very talented with languages, and so helpful in assisting guests. Stay at Annecy Hostel.

• 25th Dec 2014

Thank a lot for your words. It really touches me. Now I have to live up to my reputation! :)

this place is very good to find and live

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • China

Love annecy. Is so beautiful ! Hostel is a short walk away from the train station and old town. The staff were very helpful and good facilities. Only thing is no internet on the second flood. Have to be downstairs to get reception. Great hostel otherwise. Thanks !

A nice hostel but a bit out of the central area where you'll spend most of your time. Only a 10 minute walk away though. Was really impressed by the nice big kitchen, better than most hostels I've stayed in. Not a lot going on in terms of a good atmosphere, but it was off season, so I guess it can be explained by that.

I originally booked 2 days, but as I loved Annecy and the hostel staff and atmosphere so much, I stayed 5 nights. They have a fantastic outdoor area and chill zones all around the first floor. It's a real friendly, relaxed, student vibe type place. My only complaint: no wifi in the dorms.

The hostel is new, and the facilities are really well built, good materials, not like other hostels who just use the cheapest possible. There's a lot of "comodities" like board games, travelling library, Nintento 64 big TV. Also free wifi and full kitchen (with new elements) make it great. The rooms are of 4 beds which is very comfortable cause they're not over crowded. Good heating system and good bathrooms. The staff is cordial and helpfull.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

The mattress and bed was hard and caused my back to ache. It would be better to have a clean quilt cover over the blanket or give us a quilt. I did not like using blankets used by other guests. Kitchen was well equipped and the staff very pleasant.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Usually people complain that hostel matress are old and too soft. Our matress are new, sorry... We give clean bed linen for the matress, the blanket and the pillow when you check in.

Staff were really helpful and nice to talk to Really good atmosphere, the hostel has a much more homely feel than most others

The kitchen was awesome and the backyard is beautiful!! The rooms and bathrooms are basic. Location is good - can walk to everywhere and super close to the supermarket.

The room is nice, the bathroom is clean. But the living room, kitchen, stairs are relative dark. okay for one night stay

just normal hostel. BUt the the room was so messy, i contacted the host, it was not possible. smoking smell and some.werid smell was full in thr room.

Hi, Sorry if you find the room messy, we clean the room everyday but we can control what the other guests do during their stay. The hostel is totally non smoking but some people sometimes dont care. How did you try to contact us?