Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

Love annecy. Is so beautiful ! Hostel is a short walk away from the train station and old town. The staff were very helpful and good facilities. Only thing is no internet on the second flood. Have to be downstairs to get reception. Great hostel otherwise. Thanks !

I originally booked 2 days, but as I loved Annecy and the hostel staff and atmosphere so much, I stayed 5 nights. They have a fantastic outdoor area and chill zones all around the first floor. It's a real friendly, relaxed, student vibe type place. My only complaint: no wifi in the dorms.

The hostel is new, and the facilities are really well built, good materials, not like other hostels who just use the cheapest possible. There's a lot of "comodities" like board games, travelling library, Nintento 64 big TV. Also free wifi and full kitchen (with new elements) make it great. The rooms are of 4 beds which is very comfortable cause they're not over crowded. Good heating system and good bathrooms. The staff is cordial and helpfull.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

The mattress and bed was hard and caused my back to ache. It would be better to have a clean quilt cover over the blanket or give us a quilt. I did not like using blankets used by other guests. Kitchen was well equipped and the staff very pleasant.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Usually people complain that hostel matress are old and too soft. Our matress are new, sorry... We give clean bed linen for the matress, the blanket and the pillow when you check in.

Staff were really helpful and nice to talk to Really good atmosphere, the hostel has a much more homely feel than most others

The kitchen was awesome and the backyard is beautiful!! The rooms and bathrooms are basic. Location is good - can walk to everywhere and super close to the supermarket.

The room is nice, the bathroom is clean. But the living room, kitchen, stairs are relative dark. okay for one night stay

just normal hostel. BUt the the room was so messy, i contacted the host, it was not possible. smoking smell and some.werid smell was full in thr room.

Hi, Sorry if you find the room messy, we clean the room everyday but we can control what the other guests do during their stay. The hostel is totally non smoking but some people sometimes dont care. How did you try to contact us?

Very ordinary hostel. The wifi does not work well. There is a little distance to the center of annecy. Just a place to sleep. But staffs are nice.

Both the common area and rooms are dark, the dorms lack any nice atmosphere. OK for one night.

22, girl best friends,6 week holiday So beautiful

Very welcoming place. There is a nice garden lounge with sofas and music. Like at home.

• 24th Sep 2014

Perfect location, walking distance from train and close to old town and the lake. Staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. Very wholesome place.

Good and only hostel in annecy. A 10-15min walk back into old town or the lake. Rent bikes from the hostel and ride the lake it's amazing. Annecy is a truly amazing place so worth visiting! Hostel has awesome kitchen to cook in and rooms are basic and clean which is all you need

Despite not spending a ton of time in the hostel, whenever I was around, the hosts Drieu and Alexandre were incredibly accommodating and nice. They take an immediate interest in their guests, they made sure that I had everything I needed and as well, were incredibly informative regarding any questions about Annecy. If you decide to travel to this beautiful town, I would highly recommend staying here

You get what you pay for with this hostel. It was inexpensive but this reflected in the basic bedroom. The photos are somewhat misleading but I have no complaints with regards to the accommodation. The staff are laid back, as is the atmosphere in the hostel. There is wifi, although it does not extend to the bedrooms which we were disappointed with and it did not work when the staff were steaming films. It is also in a good location.

• 7th Sep 2014

We made the choice not to have Wifi in the room so guest do not disturb their roomate. Some people are not conciderate and will skype or type in middle of the night despite the others sleelping. Yes, we had some problem with Wifi (not because we were streaming), the technicien came last week and it's working fine again. We're glad you're still enjoy our stay wtih us despite this little inconvenient.

the room is clean and garden is large and good. kitchen is good too. but there is a little far from Annecy Lake. and there is silent and calm.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

My stay with this hostel was amazing! I enjoyed it so much. The only thing is the wifi available only in the first building - it would great to have it all over the territory

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Had an amazing stay at Annecy hostel. Felt like home !

It is one of the best hostels I know. The staff is very friendly, everything is nice and pleasant.

• 26th Aug 2014