Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

My stay with this hostel was amazing! I enjoyed it so much. The only thing is the wifi available only in the first building - it would great to have it all over the territory

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Had an amazing stay at Annecy hostel. Felt like home !

It is one of the best hostels I know. The staff is very friendly, everything is nice and pleasant.

• 26th Aug 2014

A really amazing hostel. Clean, comfortable and very welcoming.

Good staff, liked kitchen and location!

Love this hostel, go back there everytime I am in Annecy!

The room was tiny and filthy - really dirty walls and floor, paint peeling on shutters (can't have been painted in years). Sheets provided but towels extra. Horrible rubbery covers on the mattress and pillows. I thought it was totally overpriced given the state of the room. After our visit here, we decided not to risk another hostel and stayed in cheap hotels. These offered much higher quality accommodation for around €10 less per night! My advice would be don't stay here!

• 21st Aug 2014

Not so great for solo travelers. but if you wanna see Annecy, which you should then its worth it. Annecy is picturesque. the WiFi doesn't really work. the couch area is really tiny. the staff is not very professional. blue lights everywhere. that's just bad taste. it is clean enough though.

Would definetly recommend this hostel and would love to go back. Very short walk to local amenities and town centre/lake, great chill out area in the garden with sofas and a pool table. Staff were excellent.

near the center of the city, the staff is friendly

• 18th Aug 2014

The reception was friendly and helpful. The rooms were adequate, but the facilities were borderline for space. I thought ensuite bathroom would include a toilet? but we just had a shower that wasn't very clean. I STRONGLY recommend getting wifi to the rooms as the lounge area isn't big enough to accommodate socialising and those that want to quietly use the internet.

Really impressed when I arrived. Quaint set-up and the staff were lovely, but it didn't take me long to see this hostel has a lot of flaws. My room was in a nice building at the back of the garden, but there was just one toilet, and the kitchen utensils were dirty and the sponges mouldy. One shower room sink was blocked. Security is a BIG issue though, a couple of times I walked straight from the street to my room without needing to use my key. Also the WiFi doesn't work.

It was a great little house, quiet and everything we needed for the night! The top bunks were a bit rickety but otherwise a good sleep!

• 11th Aug 2014

It's a nice hostel in two separate buildings (both in the same location) i was put in the second one, a small two floor old house with a lot of charm and very quiet because all the Young party people were on the other main building. A good kitchen, wifi (though i couldn't use it), but no breakfast. There is a big supermarket a few meters away though. It had been a very good experience if it wasn't because thehostel is quite a bit far away from the center and is REALLY hard to get to in car/bike.

Unclean facilities. Random leftover food everywhere from past guests. No doors were ever locked and I never once had to use my card they gave me to open doors. I have stayed in many hostels throughout many countries and this was by far one of the worst in terms ofquality and pricing. 24 euros per night in a 5 bedroom room seems a bit steep considering the hostel isn't very well looked after.

• 8th Aug 2014

Sorry you did not like your stay with. As for the unlocked doors, we can not be behind every guest to make sure they close the door after them.

Great cosy place. Loved that the bathrooms were in the rooms! And good that there were only 4 people to a room (i booked the cheapest). Just that the location is a bit far from the train station! Makes for good walking though!

Very uninterested staff, more focused on socializing amongst themselves than helping hostel guests or taking care of the hostel.

Hi, soory to hear that. Any guest is always welcome to have fun with the staff!

A friendly place, most backpackers will feel right at home here. Good security with key cards for rooms and lockers for valuables. A short walk into the old town.

That was a second time I stayed here and I would defenitely like to return again! Everything is good at this hostel. All facilities (toilets, showers, kitchen, internet) are excellent. Also I like the atmosphere of that place. Nice staff, nice guests. The location is perfect. It's about 10 minutes walking to the city center and just a few steps to the big supermarket. So even the abscence of breakfast is not a problem.

The staffs are really nice. The cleanliness of living room needs to be improved. The quilt is not thick enough to protect us from the cold .

« first « Prev 1 2 3