Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

Overall a really cool hostel! Enjoyed the area outside for lounging.

• 2nd Oct 2015

A well-located hostel for exploring Annecy, close (5 mins) to a supermarket for taking advantage of the self-catered kitchen, and close (15 mins) to the Gare for all non-walkable-and-bikeable trips. Bar out back is nice (I imagine especially in summer, because it's outdoors), and the staff are friendly & helpful.

• 1st Oct 2015

The staff here are the best I've experienced

Great guest = great staff!

I was on bike from Geneva, and arrived late. However the staff was nice and cool. Love the garden!

Only complaint is about the lights in the women's toilets. The one on my floor was burnt out but fortunately I had a flashlight. The ones that were working timed out after about 30 seconds...seriously folks, how long do you think it takes for a lady to do her business?!?

• 16th Sep 2015

We have a full box of lights at the reception. If we know about the problem we can fix it. And you just need to wave your hand to turn on the light. :)

The hostel also functions as a bar for locals - aka very poor security and loud. You are sharing the toilet with tons of local people who come to the bar. The rooms in the main building are alright but the separate house feels a bit unclean, and is freezing cold. There are not enough showers for everyone. one was locked, so only one was working for the entire floor. The staff is distant, and one staff in particular was quite rude and was intimidating, and made us feel uncomfortable.

Can't tell you how much I loved Annecy Hostel. Everyone was so helpful. I slept like a baby.

• 5th Sep 2015

In our entire France trip we loved Annecy hostel the most, the rooms are cosy,clean and nice and the atmosphere is lively. the garden is beautifully done for people to sit and play board games or watch matches on the huge screen. loved this hostel and totally recommend. staff is cordial and they go out of their way to help you with queries.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • India

Excellent hostel!

This hostel was great. The back garden with the bar, the picnic ptables, pool tables, ping pong, etc...were lovely. The people were so friendly and helpful.

• 4th Sep 2015

I love this hostel! So different from the rest. The outdoor area is lovely. It really feels like home here. With the dog & chickens running around. I loved playing ping pong & pool :) the staff were super helpful as well! My only complaints are... It's about 15 minutes to walk to the city. 20 to the lake. And the wifi only works in the tv room. Which is so SMALL! But there was plenty to do, so I didn't need much wifi anyways. Would come back to Annecy just to stay here again:)

Very cute hostel with a wonderful atmosphere ! The staff is always willing to help you and it is well-located, near the old town and all the facilities. Also, I fell inlove with the big garden they have, perfect to chill out after a hiking day in Annecy.

• 1st Sep 2015

Everything is good. I have missed the entrance at first because I didn't pay attention to the name tag on the wooden door which combines with the environment well. It's so happy that a lady across the road for me to indicate the hostel entrance for me. ^^

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

Estuve solo una noche, el hostel tiene una onda muy buena y esta bien ubicado. Recomiendo sin dudas.

A great hostel within the heart of Annecy. Thank you for an amazing time! The atmosphere was great and the large courtyard out the back allowed all the travellers to meet. The internet could have been better but I was in Annecy to see the sights and not the front of my phone so it wasn't too big a deal.

If you're travelling through France don't miss this place! The little city is so beautiful and romantic and the hostel is really really nice! The garden in the back is the cutest with own bar, a swing and a pool table! I wish I could have stayed longer... There was a lot of space in the hostel, 2 kitchens and dining rooms plus the outdoor space. The rooms were spacy and clean and the staff was really nice! It was like being in someones home during barbeque

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Finland

The walls are paper thin. They have notes up telling ppl to be quiet but it doesn't matter because doors slam no matter what. It's very hard to tell who works there and who is a guest. There is no one at the front desk 90% of the time so you have to go around asking everyone around if they work there or not. The hallway stunk from the bathrooms which then carried into our room on the last night.

• 26th Aug 2015

This is a really lovely hostel in a great location, with very friendly and helpful staff :)

Mostly OK - the toilets in the additional building are not particularly convenient, but the showers are OK, and I could sleep well. Bring your padlock (or buy it there). The location is not particulary central, but really not far from the old city. I liked the backyard.

The hostel is very nice and clean.