Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

near the center of the city, the staff is friendly

• 18th Aug 2014

The reception was friendly and helpful. The rooms were adequate, but the facilities were borderline for space. I thought ensuite bathroom would include a toilet? but we just had a shower that wasn't very clean. I STRONGLY recommend getting wifi to the rooms as the lounge area isn't big enough to accommodate socialising and those that want to quietly use the internet.

Really impressed when I arrived. Quaint set-up and the staff were lovely, but it didn't take me long to see this hostel has a lot of flaws. My room was in a nice building at the back of the garden, but there was just one toilet, and the kitchen utensils were dirty and the sponges mouldy. One shower room sink was blocked. Security is a BIG issue though, a couple of times I walked straight from the street to my room without needing to use my key. Also the WiFi doesn't work.

It was a great little house, quiet and everything we needed for the night! The top bunks were a bit rickety but otherwise a good sleep!

• 11th Aug 2014

It's a nice hostel in two separate buildings (both in the same location) i was put in the second one, a small two floor old house with a lot of charm and very quiet because all the Young party people were on the other main building. A good kitchen, wifi (though i couldn't use it), but no breakfast. There is a big supermarket a few meters away though. It had been a very good experience if it wasn't because thehostel is quite a bit far away from the center and is REALLY hard to get to in car/bike.

Unclean facilities. Random leftover food everywhere from past guests. No doors were ever locked and I never once had to use my card they gave me to open doors. I have stayed in many hostels throughout many countries and this was by far one of the worst in terms ofquality and pricing. 24 euros per night in a 5 bedroom room seems a bit steep considering the hostel isn't very well looked after.

• 8th Aug 2014

Sorry you did not like your stay with. As for the unlocked doors, we can not be behind every guest to make sure they close the door after them.

Great cosy place. Loved that the bathrooms were in the rooms! And good that there were only 4 people to a room (i booked the cheapest). Just that the location is a bit far from the train station! Makes for good walking though!

Very uninterested staff, more focused on socializing amongst themselves than helping hostel guests or taking care of the hostel.

Hi, soory to hear that. Any guest is always welcome to have fun with the staff!

A friendly place, most backpackers will feel right at home here. Good security with key cards for rooms and lockers for valuables. A short walk into the old town.

That was a second time I stayed here and I would defenitely like to return again! Everything is good at this hostel. All facilities (toilets, showers, kitchen, internet) are excellent. Also I like the atmosphere of that place. Nice staff, nice guests. The location is perfect. It's about 10 minutes walking to the city center and just a few steps to the big supermarket. So even the abscence of breakfast is not a problem.

The staffs are really nice. The cleanliness of living room needs to be improved. The quilt is not thick enough to protect us from the cold .

Lack of any sort of atmosphere, smells in the foyer, backyard is terrible. But a good base to see Annecy. No locks on the doors (not even a handle). Safes in rooms but they are not secured and could be picked up and taken out of the room just as easily as your pack/suitcase.

Fantastic feel to it, and surprisingly cheap.. Only a 15 minute walk to the village and the lake.. Couldn't have asked for more really! Definitely recommend and will stay here again!

Not very welcoming staff, but they gave the information.i needed. The place is dark and feels even a bit clastrophobic, but I came on a rainy day and the outside we couldn't use looks very good. Kitchen very well equipped. Overall i recommend this place

• 10th Jul 2014

As this was the first hostel we stayed in on our travels it set the bar WAY too high for the rest of the trip. Such a mint place to stay, staff organised events most nights and would sit and chat with us all. Outside area with little cinema and bean bags was great fun, rooms were clean and spacious with good lockers. Each house had a huge, modern kitchen. Showers were a little cold but it's expected as there were quite a few people to 2/3 showers. Great location and 100% worth what you pay.

Hostel is a really good place to stay. They had good kitchen facilities, bike hire for €8half day €16full day, wifi (only works in common room and kitchen not in bedrooms), beds are comfy and the showers are really good! Lots of free stuff floating around too which people have left behind which is always a bonus!

everything is good, good wifi, good staff, with a very cutie little dog

Nice staff and very Nice terrasse!

The room was very nice and it was good value. However, at night, there was so much noise in the hallway and it was impossible to sleep. I especially appreciated the balcony.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sorry about the noise. We tell guest not to talk in the staircase and the corridor. We have signs asking to be quiet but unfortunatly not everyone is respectful of other guest.

Clean bathrooms, newish beds, usable kitchen. And very, very close to the center. Nothing to complain about. Well, the price is high, but it's the area.

• 24th Jun 2014