Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

A nice hostel but a bit out of the central area where you'll spend most of your time. Only a 10 minute walk away though. Was really impressed by the nice big kitchen, better than most hostels I've stayed in. Not a lot going on in terms of a good atmosphere, but it was off season, so I guess it can be explained by that.

I originally booked 2 days, but as I loved Annecy and the hostel staff and atmosphere so much, I stayed 5 nights. They have a fantastic outdoor area and chill zones all around the first floor. It's a real friendly, relaxed, student vibe type place. My only complaint: no wifi in the dorms.

The hostel is new, and the facilities are really well built, good materials, not like other hostels who just use the cheapest possible. There's a lot of "comodities" like board games, travelling library, Nintento 64 big TV. Also free wifi and full kitchen (with new elements) make it great. The rooms are of 4 beds which is very comfortable cause they're not over crowded. Good heating system and good bathrooms. The staff is cordial and helpfull.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

The mattress and bed was hard and caused my back to ache. It would be better to have a clean quilt cover over the blanket or give us a quilt. I did not like using blankets used by other guests. Kitchen was well equipped and the staff very pleasant.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Usually people complain that hostel matress are old and too soft. Our matress are new, sorry... We give clean bed linen for the matress, the blanket and the pillow when you check in.

Staff were really helpful and nice to talk to Really good atmosphere, the hostel has a much more homely feel than most others

The kitchen was awesome and the backyard is beautiful!! The rooms and bathrooms are basic. Location is good - can walk to everywhere and super close to the supermarket.

1 2 Next » last »