Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

Great hostel a close distance to old town. Lovely staff!!! Would stay here again next time we're in Annecy.

Great backyard! Good hostel with good staff. No complaints at all!

I think she was maybe the owner, but the main lady was so wonderfully helpful and gave the best advice. I really appreciated all of her help!

Thank a lot for your comment. I'm glad I could help you.

One of the ladies at the reception (i think she is the owner) is not very friendly and not helpful at all...

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

We're sorry you did not get all the help you wanted. Could you tell us more (by private mail) what disapointed you, so we can improve.

Very young and relaxed atmosphere, comfortable and clean bedrooms, interesting fellow guests, all around a solid place to stay.

I really enjoyed this hostel. It has small and comfortable lounge areas that made socialising very easy, and the staff were very welcoming. It felt as though we were all family. There is a kitchen and the wifi works in the lounge areas. There is also a cute dog who chills out there. It is not a high tech or fancy place, but the atmosphere was welcoming and I could have stayed a long time. It is also very close to the old town, which is the tourist area. There are power supplies for each bed.

I had a nice staying there, friendly staff, good location and conditions adequate to the price. Moreover I met a nice girl Miriam there :) Adam

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Poland

I do beleive that this place needs to be renovated, a bit too old fashion as for me.

The staff was very nice and accommodating, and I met a lot of cool people at this hostel, but the bottom line is that it was pretty dirty.

There was mold/dust on the ceiling of the bath room of my room.. This might require a little more attention and cleaning.

• 4th Mar 2014

Hi! Thanks for the comment! We are taking care of this problem right now. We have already repaint all the ceiling, and we amplify the speed of the ventilation. We also gonna fix all the joints that can encouter mold. Hope we'll see you again soon!

double room is very good, i was so satisfied with the balcony on the first floor. the bar outside might be interesting if it were in summer.

• 4th Mar 2014
  • China

Hi! Thanks for your appreciation! The garden and the terrace are being use right now by our new guests! Hope you can come back to enjoy it in the summer!

We had a great stay for a few days at Annecy hostel, staying in a private double with ensuite. The place has a very friendly vibe and the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and flexible. The kitchen is probably the best equipped I've seen in a hostel, and we were able to cook proper meals and eat there when we wanted to. Everything was clean and worked well. The hostel is just outside of town, but only 5 minutes walk to the old town (the bit you want to see!) and right by a supermarket.

• 27th Feb 2014

Always a pleasure to read a comment like yours!!!!

Good, clean hostel - close to the old part of town

very nice and cosy hostel, very pleasant stay

This hostel was alright. I know there aren't a lot of options in Annecy but I was not very impressed here. The Wifi only worked on the first level, the kitchen was usually fairly dirty, and it was definitely a smaller hostel. Although the staff was nice when I asked for something as simple as a restaurant recommendation for lunch I got an "I don't really know". I'd probably try to find somewhere else to stay if I went back to Annecy.

Wifi only in the common area is a choice we made so people don't bother other guest in the room in the middle of the night with their computer. Sorry you did not get any recommendation. We usually give plenty depends on what you're looking for. Maybe you asked our new receptionnist. Hope you'll give us another chance when you come back to Annecy. We are a small hostel but it's our strengh!

The most important thing is sleeping,but soundproofing is really bad.The girls in the other rooms went out in the midnight and back here at 4:00am,they are so exciting,laughing ,talking.We cannot sleeping at all.So,if you just want a bed,there is a risk ,choose carefully.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • China

Sorry for the trouble. It's a risk on a Saturday night. Next time do not hesitate to ask for ear plug at the reception.

The hostel smelled of dog as there was a large dog living in the hostel. This dog was very tame and quiet though so it was not a problem. The hostel is in a reasonable location for seeing the sights of Annecy which is a very pretty town. There was a well equipped kitchen though it was rather small. The dining area and lounge were also small and there was not enough room for everyone staying at the hostel to sit down so it was very crowded and not very relaxed. The shared toilet is tiny.

• 28th Jan 2014