Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

That was a second time I stayed here and I would defenitely like to return again! Everything is good at this hostel. All facilities (toilets, showers, kitchen, internet) are excellent. Also I like the atmosphere of that place. Nice staff, nice guests. The location is perfect. It's about 10 minutes walking to the city center and just a few steps to the big supermarket. So even the abscence of breakfast is not a problem.

The staffs are really nice. The cleanliness of living room needs to be improved. The quilt is not thick enough to protect us from the cold .

Lack of any sort of atmosphere, smells in the foyer, backyard is terrible. But a good base to see Annecy. No locks on the doors (not even a handle). Safes in rooms but they are not secured and could be picked up and taken out of the room just as easily as your pack/suitcase.

Fantastic feel to it, and surprisingly cheap.. Only a 15 minute walk to the village and the lake.. Couldn't have asked for more really! Definitely recommend and will stay here again!

Not very welcoming staff, but they gave the information.i needed. The place is dark and feels even a bit clastrophobic, but I came on a rainy day and the outside we couldn't use looks very good. Kitchen very well equipped. Overall i recommend this place

• 10th Jul 2014

As this was the first hostel we stayed in on our travels it set the bar WAY too high for the rest of the trip. Such a mint place to stay, staff organised events most nights and would sit and chat with us all. Outside area with little cinema and bean bags was great fun, rooms were clean and spacious with good lockers. Each house had a huge, modern kitchen. Showers were a little cold but it's expected as there were quite a few people to 2/3 showers. Great location and 100% worth what you pay.

Hostel is a really good place to stay. They had good kitchen facilities, bike hire for €8half day €16full day, wifi (only works in common room and kitchen not in bedrooms), beds are comfy and the showers are really good! Lots of free stuff floating around too which people have left behind which is always a bonus!

everything is good, good wifi, good staff, with a very cutie little dog

Nice staff and very Nice terrasse!

The room was very nice and it was good value. However, at night, there was so much noise in the hallway and it was impossible to sleep. I especially appreciated the balcony.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sorry about the noise. We tell guest not to talk in the staircase and the corridor. We have signs asking to be quiet but unfortunatly not everyone is respectful of other guest.

Clean bathrooms, newish beds, usable kitchen. And very, very close to the center. Nothing to complain about. Well, the price is high, but it's the area.

• 24th Jun 2014

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The atmosphere is very relaxing and there is a good common area and backyard. It is close to the grocery store and only five minutes from the old town and 10 minutes to the train station on foot. I would stay here again. The security could be better though.

The heavy smell of the new paint made me hard to sleep even with the window open all night,.

The hostal itself was very nice, and had a very creative and laid back atmosphere. The price for it though was a bit much considering it did not provide breakfast. The wifi was also seemed not to be able to support the number of people using it because it kept going in and out. And it would have been nice to have wifi outside in the yard area but regardless the hostal was a nice place to stay and the surrounding areas were very scenic

Thank for your nice comment. We're working on having the wifi outside. Hopefully we'll have begining of August.

Friendly & helpful staff. Location is good--out of the old town which means it's quiet and just 10 mins to old town & 15-20 minutes to bus/train station. Gorgeous back yard, really nice to hang out there. It is the only hostel in town but it's very decent.

Fantastic place

• 6th Jun 2014

One if the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying in. Wish I could've stayed there longer. The staff are all a family and treat you really well!

• 6th Jun 2014

Annecy Hostel was clean, spacious, and modern. Walk straight for 10 mins and you're in the center of town, and the staff are friendly and helpful (shoutout to Roger). The people I met were all super friendly- a lot of travelers hang out in the main room on the couches or in the kitchen. A group of friends even shared a BBQ with all the hostel guests while I was there!

Great hostel but really frustrating that there is no wifi in rooms since there's nothing to do after 8pm and the location isn't great

We don't have WIFI in the dorms because we don't want guest using their computer in the middle of the night while the others are sleeping. Annecy is not a party town but it's great if you like outdoor activities and we are 10 min from bars and restaurants and less than 20 min from the lake.

Wonderful atmosphere, very homey small-place feel. Loved the book swap.