Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The atmosphere is very relaxing and there is a good common area and backyard. It is close to the grocery store and only five minutes from the old town and 10 minutes to the train station on foot. I would stay here again. The security could be better though.

The heavy smell of the new paint made me hard to sleep even with the window open all night,.

The hostal itself was very nice, and had a very creative and laid back atmosphere. The price for it though was a bit much considering it did not provide breakfast. The wifi was also seemed not to be able to support the number of people using it because it kept going in and out. And it would have been nice to have wifi outside in the yard area but regardless the hostal was a nice place to stay and the surrounding areas were very scenic

Thank for your nice comment. We're working on having the wifi outside. Hopefully we'll have begining of August.

Friendly & helpful staff. Location is good--out of the old town which means it's quiet and just 10 mins to old town & 15-20 minutes to bus/train station. Gorgeous back yard, really nice to hang out there. It is the only hostel in town but it's very decent.

Fantastic place

• 6th Jun 2014

One if the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying in. Wish I could've stayed there longer. The staff are all a family and treat you really well!

• 6th Jun 2014

Annecy Hostel was clean, spacious, and modern. Walk straight for 10 mins and you're in the center of town, and the staff are friendly and helpful (shoutout to Roger). The people I met were all super friendly- a lot of travelers hang out in the main room on the couches or in the kitchen. A group of friends even shared a BBQ with all the hostel guests while I was there!

Great hostel but really frustrating that there is no wifi in rooms since there's nothing to do after 8pm and the location isn't great

We don't have WIFI in the dorms because we don't want guest using their computer in the middle of the night while the others are sleeping. Annecy is not a party town but it's great if you like outdoor activities and we are 10 min from bars and restaurants and less than 20 min from the lake.

Wonderful atmosphere, very homey small-place feel. Loved the book swap.

The hostel was ok. Well located. The share room was too small, and everyone want to be there because of the limit wifizone.

• 18th May 2014
  • Uruguay

We got to stay in a house that was right beside the hostel, in another building. Must have been something they had bought newly, I even think we were the first guests in that house since they were still working there, hanging up things on the wall and so on when we arrived. Which makes it a little hard to review, since the probably didn't have everything quite in order just yet. I think this is the only hostel in Annecy, good location and staff :) The wifi didn't reach the rooms.

Awesome hostel! I was allocated to a new block of hostel of Annecy Hostel. The facilities are just as same as the old one, which is more than enough!! Big kitchen, dinning room, resting room are making it like home! But it's a pity that the door of the new block is kept open all day long, which might be unsafe somehow. Fortunately, we were safe that night and before. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.

Thank for your great comment despite our little problem with the door lock. It's all solved now. We received the missing part of the lock and everything is safe.

Great hostel a close distance to old town. Lovely staff!!! Would stay here again next time we're in Annecy.

Great backyard! Good hostel with good staff. No complaints at all!

1 2 3 Next » last »