Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

Very clean, good for cook And easy to go by foot from the train station

• 19th Dec 2013

The Hostel was great and very accommodating. We arrived late because of our train and they stayed late to allow us to check in. Staff was super friendly and nice! The location is a bit of a walk from the train station and lake, but it's definitely bearable. They gave us places we could visit, it was great! Oh, and they have pet chickens in the backyard!

I had a nice stay at Annecy Hostel. The staff were friendly however it was a quiet time of year so I didn't meet many other travellers.

Loved my stay here!

The Hostel was very nice, I did not like that they didn't have wifi in the rooms and that you had to sit in the common area downstairs, which at times was awkward because they had two giant dogs walking around and they were bothering people and one lady kept yelling at them. But the rooms were nice and the bathrooms could be cleaner but other then that it was a decent hostel and I would stay there again.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the kitchen well equipped and also quite clean and tidy with a fridge and space to store own food. The negative things were the smelly and tiny toilet and the moldy bathroom. But I had a good time anyway and all in all i can recommend this place.

Need a great improvement in the cleanliness of toilet, bathroom, kitchen and the fridge!

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

Very nice hostel. The staff are very nice. I was there in the dead season and the hostel had more of a family atmosphere because all the staff were family and friends. You're at 8-10 walk from Old Annecy. Rooms are clean but the kitchen could be cleaner. The bathroom is the tiniest I've ever entered in my life. Disappointment: the shower in my room had a lot of mold, the most I've seen in 2 months of staying in different hostels.

clean facilities,nice host staff,check out opens after 8 not 24 hours

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • China

Great hostel, a short walk into town. The room was clean and we had a great time here, would loved to have stayed for longer!

Helpful staff, easy location, good amenities. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat

The bathroom was dirty. You couldn't use the kitchen and there were no kitchen utensils.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Sorry to hear the bathroom wasn't cleaned. We do it every morning but if you used it after someone not careful it might not seem so. As for the kitchen, there is everything, even the machine to make fondue or raclette! Just have to open some doors and drawers.

A lovely hostel - very friendly vibe, cute & funky facilities, and a gorgeous back yard with chickens and games. Would definitely stay again.

• 27th Sep 2013

This hostel was very nice, it had a very homey feel. It was easy to meet people. It had a good kitchen though a little small if many people wanting to use at the same time. Only a short walk from the old town and the lake.

very good hotel with excellent location,service as well as the price.

• 12th Sep 2013
  • China

We found the place to be really down to earth. Although Annecy is gorgeous, staying at the hostel is what really made our stay even better. We met lovely people, and had a great chat with all three owners who gave us traveling advice and really cared about our backpacking. The atmosphere is friendly, genuine, and you can get some serious rest and fun at this hostel. Hands down the best I've been to in France. Great place for people looking to meet travelers and have a good time.

Essentially a relatively inexpensive warm dry bed and not a whole lot else !

We loved staying in this hostel. Very central without being loud. The town was lovely. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Very well-equipped hostel. especially nice in the summer. cleanliness was ok. about 8 minutes to old town and about 15-20 minutes to the lake by foot. in the kitchen evrything is there for cooking. would stay here again!

Great hostel. Nice staff.