Annecy Hostel Reviews

32 Avenue de Loverchy, Annecy, France

We had a great stay for a few days at Annecy hostel, staying in a private double with ensuite. The place has a very friendly vibe and the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and flexible. The kitchen is probably the best equipped I've seen in a hostel, and we were able to cook proper meals and eat there when we wanted to. Everything was clean and worked well. The hostel is just outside of town, but only 5 minutes walk to the old town (the bit you want to see!) and right by a supermarket.

• 27th Feb 2014

Always a pleasure to read a comment like yours!!!!

Good, clean hostel - close to the old part of town

very nice and cosy hostel, very pleasant stay

This hostel was alright. I know there aren't a lot of options in Annecy but I was not very impressed here. The Wifi only worked on the first level, the kitchen was usually fairly dirty, and it was definitely a smaller hostel. Although the staff was nice when I asked for something as simple as a restaurant recommendation for lunch I got an "I don't really know". I'd probably try to find somewhere else to stay if I went back to Annecy.

Wifi only in the common area is a choice we made so people don't bother other guest in the room in the middle of the night with their computer. Sorry you did not get any recommendation. We usually give plenty depends on what you're looking for. Maybe you asked our new receptionnist. Hope you'll give us another chance when you come back to Annecy. We are a small hostel but it's our strengh!

The most important thing is sleeping,but soundproofing is really bad.The girls in the other rooms went out in the midnight and back here at 4:00am,they are so exciting,laughing ,talking.We cannot sleeping at all.So,if you just want a bed,there is a risk ,choose carefully.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • China

Sorry for the trouble. It's a risk on a Saturday night. Next time do not hesitate to ask for ear plug at the reception.

The hostel smelled of dog as there was a large dog living in the hostel. This dog was very tame and quiet though so it was not a problem. The hostel is in a reasonable location for seeing the sights of Annecy which is a very pretty town. There was a well equipped kitchen though it was rather small. The dining area and lounge were also small and there was not enough room for everyone staying at the hostel to sit down so it was very crowded and not very relaxed. The shared toilet is tiny.

• 28th Jan 2014

Good location with close to old town and big supermarket! But our room was very cold..

Great Hostel~ Great location, near the lake, train station and also a supermarket~

Had a great time there, this hostel must be really nice on summer :)

Very clean, good for cook And easy to go by foot from the train station

• 19th Dec 2013

The Hostel was great and very accommodating. We arrived late because of our train and they stayed late to allow us to check in. Staff was super friendly and nice! The location is a bit of a walk from the train station and lake, but it's definitely bearable. They gave us places we could visit, it was great! Oh, and they have pet chickens in the backyard!

I had a nice stay at Annecy Hostel. The staff were friendly however it was a quiet time of year so I didn't meet many other travellers.

Loved my stay here!

The Hostel was very nice, I did not like that they didn't have wifi in the rooms and that you had to sit in the common area downstairs, which at times was awkward because they had two giant dogs walking around and they were bothering people and one lady kept yelling at them. But the rooms were nice and the bathrooms could be cleaner but other then that it was a decent hostel and I would stay there again.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the kitchen well equipped and also quite clean and tidy with a fridge and space to store own food. The negative things were the smelly and tiny toilet and the moldy bathroom. But I had a good time anyway and all in all i can recommend this place.

Need a great improvement in the cleanliness of toilet, bathroom, kitchen and the fridge!

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

Very nice hostel. The staff are very nice. I was there in the dead season and the hostel had more of a family atmosphere because all the staff were family and friends. You're at 8-10 walk from Old Annecy. Rooms are clean but the kitchen could be cleaner. The bathroom is the tiniest I've ever entered in my life. Disappointment: the shower in my room had a lot of mold, the most I've seen in 2 months of staying in different hostels.

clean facilities,nice host staff,check out opens after 8 not 24 hours

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • China

Great hostel, a short walk into town. The room was clean and we had a great time here, would loved to have stayed for longer!

Helpful staff, easy location, good amenities. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat