Annexe Kingz Plaza Reviews

10516 Sacre-Coeur 3, Dakar, Senegal

Very handy and cheap if you are looking for a short stay. Only setback: it was impossible for us to leave our luggages in a luggage room after 12:00 (need to book another night even if you are leaving). Too bad!

• 13th Apr 2014

Security could not have been better. The challenge was getting in and out of the annex. To get out a in-house worker had to unlock the door. He/she could be anywhere in the building and be occupied with other chores so at times the wait could be considerable. It was the same for getting back inside the building.

I emailed this hostel trying to book airport pick up as my flight arrived at 1am but they never reply. Subsequently I made couple of phone calls from London, and the woman didn't seem to speak English. Finally I arrived in Dakar and took taxi to the hostel. The guy at the reception seemed very annoyed that I woke him up. I have also brought 2 friends with me who like to stay and he tried to charge them double than the listed rate and would not show us the room till we pay. We left in the end.

This individual booked a bed in the dorm for one night, but we did not get any request for airport pick up and he never showed up at the hostel. In our record, his reservation was marked NO-SHOW. How can he/her review a hostel that he never stayed in? We therefore ask for this review to be removed because he never arrived nor stayed in this hostel.