Antarctica Hostel Reviews

Calle Antartida Argentina 270, Tierra Del Fuego, Ushuaia, Argentina

Such a great place! Awesome breakfast, nice open common area. Everything was excellent, staff is super nice

Friendly and helpful staff. Really poor WiFi but otherwise nice hostel environment.

Nice hostel! Good staff really helpful ;) Highly recommended!

Wonderful atmosphere and super nice and helpful staff.

• 25th Mar 2015

The hostel was lovely. It had a vey warm and inviting atmosphere, like a home away from home. The staff were very kind and helpful. The rooms were comfortably warm and the lockers had enough space. I enjoyed my time there because this hostel promoted a cozy environment with plenty of lounge space, good music and large kitchen.

There is a good vibe and I liked the big lounge with the huge windows that provide a lot of light. Beds are good. There are big lockers in the rooms. The showers were hot, but I did not like the bathroom too much. It is a bit cramped and you have to dress in the communal area. There is no private space. I wish they'd have female dorms.

I wish I had known what a great place Ushuais was going to be and had stayed a few more days. The staff at Antartica are amazing and have a lot of knowledge about the area as well as Patagonia in general. It is really chill and a great place to come back to after a long day. It felt really safe and had a great kitchen for cooking in. The rooms are really warm at night on the second floor so I didn't even really use the comforter that was provided just a small throw that I brought from home.

This is definitely one of the better hostels in Ushuaia, with a great location and an amazingly friendly and helpful staff. The included breakfast and free laundry is a major plus, as are the large lockers in the rooms. Wifi was occasionally spotty but mostly good and rooms/beds were decent on comfort, and likely the one area they could most improve. Big, clean common bathrooms and a large and welcoming common area were much appreciated.

Decent hostel in a good location just off the main street. The staff was kind enough to save an important piece of mail for my arrival, and were friendly throughout. The mens bathroom is clean, big and spacious, although the womens seems way smaller. Kitchen is huge, but feels a bit unorganized and also the utensils are a bit dirty because they are so old. Common area is great to hangout, rooms are OK, but apart from lockers anyone can walk in. But, for the price you pay, a very good choice.

What an amazing experience. Everything from the staff to atmosphere exceeded expectations. Unbelievably easy to meet people, and going out into the city / nearby glaciers was incredible. You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here - just try to book early as I saw quite a few people getting turned away due to it being booked solid.

This hostel really is excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Gabrielle was outstanding - very welcoming and hospitable. Very impressed.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Great location, generous breakfast included. Cheap bar in the chill out area. The staff are friendly and helpful Gabriel at the desk is quite a character

The best hostel in Ushuaia!

Staff was great. They were extremely helpful and caring. Location was pretty good, just 2 blocks away from the main street. Rooms were very basic and clean. I was so busy I didn't really spend anytime at the hostel to socialize but it def seemed to be a pretty social atmosphere. Only downside was the bathrooms were downstairs and the rooms are upstairs, not a big deal though.

DEFINITELY BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN! staff are great, very friendly and helpful for everything regarding your staying and the planification of the trip. atmosphere is awesome and the place is really nice, absolutely suggested! morover, they got a bar full of incredibly good artesanal beer from the region. so sit down, enjoy the cold beer and chat with the staff looking at a tierra del fuego map. THUMBS UP!

• 11th Jan 2015

Great staff... So helpful and kind. The location couldn't be better, in the heart of the city. Really liked to stay with you guys! Thanks! Alessandra from Brazil

very nice staff good location

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Israel

I want to take this hostel and the staff with me on the rest if my trip. Nothing is a problem. Cold outside in Ushuaia but super warm inside antartica. Stay here it's anazing.

The hostel is pretty and cozy. Staff are great, besides having a word to welcome the guests in many languages! Breakfast is also good, the best in Argentinian hostels I've been at so far. Loved it! When I come back to Ushuaia, I'll definitely stay here again!

The staff were excellent. They helped us plan our two days in Ushuaia and made various enquires with tour operators on our behalf. They were very knowledgeable and friendly. Hostel is well located to the port and main street.