Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

Pretty decent hostel. Front staff was pretty good when I arrived but the next day, when checking out, they were much more friendly. Couldn't get a feel for the vibe at this hostel, but I was only there for one night.

This hostel was quite pleasant to stay at and met perfectly my expectations. First, it is very well situated just two steps from the railway station. Second, it is well equipped with all the facilities available - wifi, free computers with internet, lockers behind the reception at your disposal, 2 fridges at each floor, bathroom in each room, kitchen and dining/meeting room downstairs... The price for a 5 person dorm was quite reasonable when booked in advance. The staff was helpful enough.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff at Antares Hostel were friendly and accommodating. The building is charming and airy. This hostel is geared toward young adults and had a lovely terrace were groups were socializing.

Really liked this hostel. Only thing I has an issue with was that our air conditioning didn't work so it was really hot in the room. Also, it was a bit difficult to find the kitchen, more signs would have been helpful. Otherwise everything was great!

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff was friendly and accommodating due to a train cancellation. They have free drinks and spaghetti dinner with a nice atmosphere! Great location by the Nice Ville train station and close to the beach as well! Would stay again!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Definitely would be back

This hostel was sweet, I enjoyed my stay. The wifi is weird but you can deal with it!

They charged me an extra of 5€ (I had hostelworld's booking info printed but I forgot to show it since I was very tired and they don't give you any kind of receipt to complain). For the lockers, they also charge 5€ which I thought it was a rip off but I had to use it because they have a room where you can leave your luggage that is locked but they don't come into the room to check if people steal stuff or not. Also our room 114 was very noisy: noise from the street and the air cooling system.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

The lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. I was also pleasantly surprised that the hostel offered free food or drinks each night of my stay. Thank you for a great hostel experience Antares!

• 19th Jun 2015

The location is perfectly situated in front of the train station, easy to find. Check in is at 11 AM, not 9 AM stated. The receptionist at the time was kind enough to upgrade me to a 6 bed en-suite. The bed was foam and very comfy. The bathroom was very clean, fridge in room. However, there's only 3 outlets in the room. Free wine every night which is nice. There's also a left luggage. There's also air conditioning! The wifi connection was weak in the room though.

This is a good value two star hostel close to the train station. It was nice to see them offer free coffee in the mornings, free drinks nights and 3 euro spaghetti nights. My only criticisms would be that the shower was clogged and turned into an overflowing bathtub with every use as it serviced a six bed room for women. Water flowed out the door and made the bathroom slippery and dangerous. This was advised to the gentleman at reception but never fixed in the week I stayed.

Were so nice about my cancellation. My trip was delayed and they let me cancel after the deadline with no charge. So nice!!!

5 minutes to the train station.

Nice hostel with great location, very close to train station and just take you around 20 mins to go to beach with directly straight way along main shopping road. Staffs are nice and friendly. Internet is not really good, sometime I cannot use wifi coz it is too weak in my room

The front desk was a bit unorganized. I received a call at the hostel and they didn't know I was there. The wifi wasn't in the rooms but in the stair wells and common room. The staff was super friendly and the rooms inside the hostel were very clean. The ones outside were ok. Location is AMAZING.

Pros: The hostel is really close to the train station, literally a 5 minute walk away. It was really convenient for me because I had to catch an early morning train. Cons: Wifi is only available at the lobby area, you can't access it from your room. Also, there was a large group of people who were partying and laughing at pretty wee hours of the morning, which made it difficult for me to sleep. There were no lockers in the room, though the area is quite safe.

The room we were assigned had a musty smell when walking in. There was a big storm in the morning and we woke up to our room flooding and the smell of mold. Very unpleasant, however, the staff did allow us to change rooms and we were upgraded. The staff were very very kind and made the situation much better.

The "quieter" sister of the party hostel next door. Great option if you can't choose between meeting people and sleeping. Very hotel-esque, clean, and professional.

Evening staff were unhelpful, and the computer room in the basement was always filled with groups of rowdy teenagers having a few too many drinks.

Super close to train station. Good kitchen. Lots of hang out area including a large back patio space that is shared with another hostel. I heard some people complain that their rooms next to the busy patio was too loud but my room was fine. Medium length walk to the beach, would recommend late night swim if weather allows.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7