Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

This hostel is awesome!! It's right across from the train station making it really convenient to get to. And then it's right around the corner from the main drag through Nice. The walk to the beach is so enjoyable. The lobby is like that of a nice hotel and the breakfast room is also really nice. The first night I stayed in a room near the lobby and it was great -- wifi reached into the room and it was clean and everything was brand new.

Hotel was ok, but I wouldn't recommend for long stays. Our bedsheets had stains on them, and the bed was not very comfortable. However, for the price, this hotel met our needs.

• 14th Aug 2014

Excellent location Complimentary drink and snack one evening A little bit of a smell in our double room, almost like gas but was unsure

• 12th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a decent location right near the station and a twenty minute walk from the beach. It's quite a busy place with a lot going on but the kind of people that stay here are the kind you'd expect in Nice. It's right next to a supermarket and has a really good kitchen which makes it easy to save money by not eating out. A good hostel overall for a short stay in Nice.

Loved the pasta nights and free wine night!!! The one thing I didn't like was having to share my 8 bed mixed dorm bathroom with a private room. I feel like they should have been separated better.

• 9th Aug 2014

The manager is lovely and hands out free wine! Comfortable beds and decent bathrooms. Not much happening in the common areas except on the spaghetti nights. Great location especially if arriving and leaving via train.

Was not pleased that my room was changed a day before I was set to check out, so I had to pack up twice, but the hostel was pretty good. Staff were warm and helpful. Kitchen was nice, too.

Loved our stay here so much so we extended it! The staff are lovely and so helpful!!!! Can't recommend the hostel more fabulous atmosphere and awesome facilities plus a great location what more could you want

• 6th Aug 2014

Hostel is in a great location so close to the train station and only a short walk to the beach. Staff are friendly and the rooms clean.

• 4th Aug 2014

Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a private room when we were booked for a dorm at no extra cost- such a blessing! The staff were lovely and check-in/out were very easy!

It was awesome. As everyone says, the location is key here. Walk out the station. Bear left and it's there with the red sign. Honestly cannot miss it. So close. It does mean it is a little away from the beach but only ten-fifteen mins walk and it's a lovely walk down the high street. I did think the room was quite cramped but I've stayed in worse. And spaghetti party was awesome too.

Not so safe zone is the biggest concern and there is no safety guard so that is minus. Staff is not very helpful and I always saw only one person for a rather big hostel. Rooms are not that big either. On the plus side, facilities are cool and is close to the Gare.

Wifi was very slow, if connecting at all.

The location was good! 3 minutes from the station.I was in a 4personsroom. I think it was actually a 3-personsroom but they just put a single bed in it. That made the room a bit small for 4 girls and their stuff. The good thing was that we had a private bathroom and toilet for the 4 of us. I missed a plug by my bed to charge my phone at night. The spaghettinight was great! Nice food and a good opportunity to meet new people. They didn;t have breakfast included, but the supermarket is next door.

Nice hostel and great staff thanks for all

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Hostel was good, nothing special, but god value for the money. You can walk to the beach from it, it takes 20 min or something. Room for the three of us was pretty small, no walking possibilities, just lay down and sleep... bathroom also very small. They say they accept credit cards, but hey "suddenly " their pos terminal is not working, so bring cash with you!

Very close to the train station AND center :) room is nice but kitchen is not very clean

Nice hotel, close to station and supermarket, fair walk to beach. Rooms locked by card key, and include air conditioning and a nice bathroom. Relatively pricey but for South of France it's to be expected.

Being right across from the train station and a block and a half from the main pedestrian/tourist street in Nice, it's a very convenient spot for a backpacker. The hostel does an amazing job of bringing everyone staying there together to socialize with their pasta and wine nights and the basement is nice and big for drinking and meeting people. It's 30 seconds to the main drag and about 20 minutes on foot to the beach. I'd stay here again for sure!

Second time in nice. We stayed before in the old town area but enjoyed a different type of area here. We were upgraded from a larger dorm to only 4 person which was nice. Not much room to place bags but bathroom was large and spacious. Kitchen wasn't all that clean- but no doubt that was from the people not cleaning up after themselves. Really enjoyed our stay here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7