Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

1909 Total Reviews

Although it is a hostel (and a hotel), it doesnt have the atmosphere of a hostel. Good thing was that it was very clean. I didn't like the room where you could sit downstairs, it was very dark. Also didn't i like the kitchen very much. For the same price I had a hostel in Marseille, where the breakfast was included, which was a delicious and good organised breakfast and a good start of the day for travelers. The hostel is very close to the trainstation and main shoppingstreet.

Overall, it was a nice hostel. Not the greatest facilities or the cleanliness but the location is just awesome. One-minute walk from the train station. The hostel offered free wine and chips/peanuts at 7pm, which was a good time to meet people. Had a great time!

Good enough to use as a base and somewhere to sleep. Room I stayed in was on ground floor right near main entrance with automatic doors. I know a lot of people I met here really loved the place. WiFi good downstairs but not so much in room. Nice courtyard for socialising but it's right in centre of the hostel so can be noisy when you're in your room. Cleaning of rooms didn't appear to be done as often as it should

The staff were friendly and willing to help whenever you needed, particularly Diana, who even offered us a room upgrade which was greatly appreciated! The location is amazing, and the free coffee in the morning was good too. After we checked out we were allowed to leave our bags in a room near reception and hang around until our transport arrived. Everything was relatively clean, but some renovations would improve this hotel even further. Thanks Diana for everything!

Awesome hostel and sharing the same courtyard/kitchen and chill out room as Baccarat is cool but they should both have the same time curfew!!!!

The kitchen is consistany unclean and disorganized. We were not told upon check-in how to label our food and came to the kitchen to see some of our food had been taken. Also only two of the 10 burners worked, so there was always a line up for the stove.

Great hostel for meeting people! There was free wine at 7 each night which was great. The wifi signal in the rooms was a bit weak, but at least it was there.

The best staff ever!! I really appreciate for the staffs in Antares. Especially Justine was awesome!! She gave me a lot of useful information and helped me in many ways. I highly recommend this amazing hostel!! I will definitely stay here again if I go to Nice again.

Hostel Antares is an excelent place to meet people from all over the globe, you can make friends of all ages from different countries which is great if you travel alone.The position of the hotel is good as it is near the Central Train Station and also near to the beach of Nice.The rooms are quite clean and hospitable and the staff is always on the run to make sure that everything is right.The receptionists can really help by giving you pointers what you can visit nice! Host Antares is great!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • violetaiakabfi
  • Romania

At hotel-hostel Antares you get a really good value for your money. Just in front of the train station, not far away from the beach of Nice, it has an ideal position for getting around this city. Nearby many shops, groceries and affordable restaurants are another bonus which you get if you stay at this hotel. The reception and staff are ready to assist you in any matter and the basic confort level of the hotel is really good. I clearly recommend Hostel Antares!

This hostel was great! We paid for a dorm but they put us in a 3 person room for free. There was free wine and snacks at 7pm which was a great way to meet people. They had a lot of kitchen supplies but the burners (gas burners) didn't all work which was a little challenging during dinnertime but they fixed those and our broken lock in a timely manner. The location is a bit of a walk from the center but right next to the train station just heads up. I highly suggest this hostel.

Really good hostel. Cheap, clean, friendly staff and good location. And it was really easy to meet poeple during the free wine and snacks time. Would definitely stay there again.

good location,but the room is very small,wifi isn't good,the plug is not enough.

I lost my jacket even though I use my room alone. And their action is not active they didn't care about problem. They don't have any camera so if you lost something you couldn't find it.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Great location right across from the train station, right by a tram stop, and not a far from the beach or old town. Overall the staff was very helpful and friendly. But the cleaning ladies would just throw things on my bed while I was on it. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm that has locker space under the beds which I liked. There was also a mini fridge in the dorm. The room was very hot and small. Very modern and nice bathroom. Floors could be cleaned better.

The bathroom was disgusting and hadent been cleaned in days. The hallways had no lights!!! I tripped several times going up and down the stairs after dark. The rooms themselves were dirty.

I bought food and put those unfinished food into the fridge for the next day dinner. But all gone when I open the fridge the next day. No hooks inside the room, that's quite trouble when having shower.

My friends and I LOVED this hostel. The staff were so friendly it was amazing. The hostel was right across from the train station so an excellent location, and when our flight to Madrid was cancelled unexpectedly they welcomed us back and even made sure we had the same room. Super clean, cheap, and in an amazing location. Would go back to this hostel over an actual hotel even. The staff also spoke English and made a real effort to make sure we were comfortable. Huge fan!

• 6th Apr 2015

I signed up for a 8 room dorm online and they put me in a room with 2 other girls. Own tv, bathroom, shower. Felt like a hotel. The other people staying at the hostel were annoying in the common room. Everyone had their own "groups" and didn't really mingle. The kitchen facility is a nice bonus.

Right in front of the train station, making it an excellent hostel for early departure and late arrival. I am often doing one of these schedules on the trip. Therefore, this hostel is really perfect in terms of location. On top of it, it has the facilites in rooms that beats a lot of hostel in Nice. I love the 7:00pm free drink every day and the dinner party with people in the kitchen every night. This hostel will be one of the reasons I go back to Nice when I travel in Ocotber to Europe again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4