Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

It's a nice hostel, near to the station but also you are at the beach and the oldtown within a 10 min walk. Very clean! Some special offers like free wine or pasta!

The staffs are the most ignorant and unhelpful people I've ever seen among my hostel staying experience. The room is clean but smells really funny. No reading light or personal chargers next to beds. It feels really uncomfortable staying in the room ( not warming at all) . The security of the hostel is terrible. My room was on the first floor, we can't open the window because our window is at a balcony and people can just walk into our room. No passport needed to check into the hostel.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Surprising good. Was a bit apprehensive due to some reviews I had read about this place but it was actually fine. Really close to Nice Ville station. Easy walk to beach. We stayed in a private double room with our own bathroom. Was clean. Room smelt like smoke when we got there but opened the window and soon got rid of that. The bed was comfy and no wild parties that I could hear. Main complaint would be the badly laid flooring which made it noisy to walk about room. Overall very happy

• 14th Oct 2014

best money value

good hostel..good location..lots of party vibe..Nice Aureliane on the front desk.. try and stay in a room of the 2nd floor upwards Will go back for sure!

My friend and I found this to be a functional and pleasant hostel to stay in. The cooking facilities were good and the wifi connection was excellent throughout the entire building - not something I've found in that many places in Europe! Not much of a buzz in the shared areas but still friendly enough. Very close to the train station - an excellent location!

Nice hostel, located really close to the station; so a visit to Cannes and Monaco are easy. Only downside is that the internet only works in the reception area and not in the rooms.

The hostel is very close to the train station and people are nice there, also they have free drink at night for people staying there to know each other.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

Awesome location! Near the train station and next to a supermarket and just a few doors away from our favorite Asian restaurant in Nice! Wifi was a bit weak but usable. Free towels and very clean bathrooms! Air-conds that we can control!

Not the best in Nice but Antares is ok. It has a big kitchen with all stuff to cook. Common area and the terrace was also good. You can reach wifi connection anywhere in hostel. Free wine and chips after 7pm. But the hostel rooms are so small to breath, without windows (only roof windows they have). Bathrooms were also small and smell bad sometimes. Lockers are not easy-to-use, under the bunk beds. But anyway, good hostel for overnight a few nights. Don't wait too much comfort ;)

Amazing staff. Good location. Kitchen and living area. Should have a recycling bin in the kitchen, please.

Staff where great :)) only spent one night there, but enjoyed our time. Close to the train station and the Main Street of nice. Allowed us to leave our bags there till 9pm after check out. Was convenient.

Overall nice hostel. I only stayed for 1 night to catch a morning train. Very close to the train station. Clean en suite bathroom. Only problem I had was I stayed in a 5 bed mix room, but there were only 4 lockers. So I had to keep everything on me. But for one night it wasn't that big of a deal. Overall I would recommend.

Very nice hostel, the location near the train stadion wasn't the best but the hostel facilities made up for it. I didn't mind the walk to the centre but there's also a tram that goes right next the hostel. Very easy to meet people in the kitchen/hang out area. I'd definitely recommend staying here!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Finland

It's a very good place with great location only a few meters to the train station, public transportation and airport shuttle. Staff very friendly and rooms were cleaned everyday. Great value for the money

Close to everything. Friendly staff. Clean and safe.

Most of the staff were friendly and helpful, and the hostel was pretty clean. Only things I really disliked about this hostel is that it has more of a hotel atmosphere (not too much socializing and no events set up) which is unfortunate since that's what many people go to a hostel for. Also, the location was convenient because it was beside the train station but the area wasn't the nicest. As a woman travelling alone, I didn't feel too safe walking by myself at night around the area.

Rooms are newly furnished and really comfortable; there is also a safety room to store bicycles for the night. Wide kitchen, common room and an open space in the dehors. Just in front of Nice station, 15min walking for the sea and old town.

Went to the reception to retrieve my passport. The guy working there spent about 10 minutes on the phone, talking about useless stuff, assuming I didn't understand. All I needed was 15 seconds of his time. Everything else was pretty good. Love the free wine and the location

Highly recommend!