Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

Fantastic hostel! Great sleep, great staff, great location!

• 27th Jul 2015

Location was really convenient next to the train station, 10min to the beach, room was clean and secure. Lady at the reception wasn't to helpful. Couldn't pay by card, because the machine was broken, asked if we could pay later today and that was only possible if I left my passport there. Owner / manager was really friendly and helpful.

Very friendly and warm staff! Free wine and cheap spaghetti dinner when I was there, that is always a plus!

• 26th Jul 2015

Very nice hostel in an ideal location, very clean and welcoming and the spaghetti party was very enjoyable would definitely come here again

Super easy to find - close to the Nice Ville train station. Some of the staff were really friendly while others weren't at all. The room was nice, had air condition and a fridge which was really nice. The bathroom on the other hand was gross - smelled like someone seriously died in there. Wasn't clear when I arrived Thursday and didn't get cleaned until we asked for it on Sunday. Location was fine.

We were expecting a hostel abd instead got a 2** hotel!!!! Plus we were upgraded from a room of 6 people to a 4 and a 2, both if which had their own bathroom. All the staff were really friendly and the kitchen is good, the whole hotel is clean and despite being a hotel, most people there were young people like us :)

Great location, literally right next to the train station, a grocery store, good bank, and only 10 minute walk from the beach. The room had AC which was great and there was a huge kitchen if you need to use it! They also had a pasta feed for only €3 which was a great deal!

One wall outlet per room of four. 2 lockable cages per room of four. Towel rack in bathroom barely held together with playdoh.night shift front desk worker very rude and unhelpful. I asked if I could wait in the lobby before checkin at 0900 (that's what it said on the website). He rudely told me that I would have to leave, come back at 1200. Wouldn't let me use one of the day lockers for my backpack either. Daytime staff great and helpful. Conveniently right next to a supermarket.

• 21st Jul 2015

The room looked very nice, though small practical things let it down like the having to face the shower head a certain way to avoid soaking the floor and the main computer room's air conditioning being quite weak. Otherwise the staff were very helpful with any problems I had, it's definitely worth the low cost.

Probably the worst hostel I ever stayed in. -Booked a 8 bed dorm but didn't get that. -facilities quite poor -not a real hairdryer -not a blanket on beds, we only get a bedsheet to cover ourselves, which was ridiculous -slow wifi - beds seems quite weak, could even feel the metal below the mattress -quite humid inside But still some good points +nice location +bathroom in every rooms +AC

The spaghetti party sounded fun, we wish we could have joined!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Front desk staff were a bit rude and unhelpful, but the hostel was in a good location and clean. They only had lockers in the reception area, none in the rooms, which was frustrating.

The quality of the room was not great, but I appreciated the air conditioning. I appreciated that it was cleaned during my stay but was not aware that cleaners would be entering, otherwise I would have locked up my valuables. There should be free printing available to guests. The staff was helpful but not overly friendly. The free coffee and bread was nice, but I think it would be even better if there was toast, cereal, etc. available for guests for free.

The showers were pretty dirty. Location was ok, about 15 minutes walk from the beach. Staff was that helpful in finding things around. They organize spaghetti night for 3 euro including wine, which is pretty nice. The also give free drinks some nights.

Good hostel in nice. Reasonably priced and in a good location, especially if you want to explore neighboring Monaco or Cannes. The community aspect could be improved as it feels like a hotel and the Internet is insufferable in the evenings.

Location is great if you want to travel by train. And it takes 15-20 min to reach the beach. Supermarket, cafes and boulangeries are close to the hostel. Each room has a bathroom and air conditioning. But this hostel is very big so there is no typical atmosphere for hostels.

We had a private three bed en suite room. It was clean and perfectly adequate for our needs and very quiet. Good location opposite the train station, airport bus and tram. The sea is around 15 minute walk. Good hostel!

• 17th Jul 2015

Room was big with lots of room, big lockers, kitchen was not accessible between 5-9pm for 2 out of the 3 nights we were there because of the pasta night which was really annoying, there was no oven and the stove tops kept burning out. There isn't really a book exchange. Nothing great but Overall good atmosphere, very big place and spacious.

I was in a 6 bedroom dorm, first thing I noticed was that the room appeared overall to be in a poor state. Wallpaper was peeling, I was fortunate enough to be one of the few that got a plug by their bed - however it was broken off at the wall... The bathroom is even dirtier, the toilet has a perpetual smell of urine which only happens when its rarely cleaned. The shower uses a double faucet system, so you have to aim for the right temperature by manually mixing hot and cold. Room had no wifi!

Certainly not a "boutique" hostel as advertized.Sparsely furnished with cheap,mismatched furniture.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7