Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

Greta position in the very city center, people are great and very kind. Recommended!

No knives, tea towels or a lighter for the gas stove. The microwaves looked like they have never been cleaned. The lockers in the room didnt actually fit under the bed they caught on the ladders for the bunks. The bathroom with no ventilation and we saw the staff 'cleaned' it by spraying some cleaner at arms length towards the shower. On a plus it's close to the train station and close to the main streat which has trams down to the beach and old town or a 10min walk.

• 6th Apr 2014

thanks for your visit but i would like to add ; We provid a kitchen with 3 microwaves ; forks spoon knives for every custumers and we are cleaning the kitchen 3 time per day During your visit you never ask anything so !!! Cleaning ladees use a special spray with javel so !!!

I had a great time at Antares Hostel. The location was great, near the train station and not too far from the beach, it was quite affordable because I booked online, and I got upgraded from a 8-man to a 4-man room upon arrival which was a pleasant surprise. Security felt good and wifi is decent, although there were periods when it was down. Would definitely stay here again if I come back.

While the location was good for getting to/from the train station, it was a little bit of a walk to get to the beach and the old town. However, the staff were super friendly and even offered free "aperitifs" on Friday night (free wine, peanuts, chips, and clementines) which was great and allowed us to meet cool people! Beds were fine, bathroom was pretty nice, and luckily there was an elevator. Overall great stay!

• 4th Apr 2014

The toilet in the room did not have a door that could close properly. The toilet window did not have a curtain as well and it was fully transparent.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Very nice hotel ! I booked a girls' room but was arranged to a private room. Nice location and environment! The best hostel during my stay in cote d'azur. Definitely recommend it !

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • China

I originally booked a dorm room here which happened to be full when I checked in so i was given a private room for the night instead. The staff were very friendly and nice, helpful too. Its very close to the station and about a 15min walk straight down to the beach. Good price, nice place. I would stay here again.

Got upgraded to a 2 man en suite which was ok so cannot comment on dorm rooms but found the place quite dark most of the time and pretty sure I got bitten by bed bugs during my stay there! The kitchen was also very basic with no washing up instruments or any knives which proved a bit annoying. Apart from that, cheap and in a great location next to the station and main shopping strip.

Stayed for a week and would definitely recommend. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and upgraded to a twin room at no extra cost (two of us had booked into a 6 bed dorm). The tv didn't work but that was unimportant. Free wifi, towels and soap provided, and a good nights sleep. The room and bathroom were very clean & the location is perfect - couldn't be closer to the train station, tram, and airport bus stop, and only 10min walk from town. Overall superb value for money, thank you!

• 31st Mar 2014

My friend and I had a reservation to stay in a dormitory but ended up staying in a private room which was nice. The room was nice and the location was right next to the train station which was great. The man at the desk at night time was unfriendly and grumpy, but the woman working in the morning was very nice. The hostel was very unsocial, but that might be because we ended up with a private room.

Very friendly all the staff and very helpfull and they are all dpeaking very good english which is very helpfull for us

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

I had a fantastic time in Altares, the personel was so good! Specialy Gabriel, he was very helpful. If I ever go back to NIce definetly I will stay again in Altares.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is just 2 min walk from train station, actually, it is better than a hostel like a cheap hotel. I had booked 6 bed dorm but got upgraded to a twin bed room for free. The room was cosy and comfortable with TV and good supply of hot water. The location is excellent for going around Nice.

Antares is a fantastic hostel.The staff were flexible, welcoming and friendly. Everything was clean, and I felt very secure there, bang in the heart of Nice Ville and less than a minute from the central station. There's good internet, with a bank of back-up wired in computers in the chill-out area. The cooking facilities are great, there's a nice sunny courtyard, a filling good value breakfast if you want it. It's partly hostel partly hotel, which is a good combination.

• 20th Mar 2014

I was there for the second time and I was graded to a single room like the first time while I booked in a dorm. The hostel is located between the train station SNCF and the tramway stop Thiers so you can move in Nice and cities around easily. You can visit from there the beach, the old city center and many other places and you can also visit the cities of Cannes, Monaco, Vintimiglia in Italy they are very close and should be visited too.

Really great position, 200mm from Gare de Nice Ville, great showers and beds and excellent atmosphere. Had a ball for 4 days

Lovely, almost fancier than some hotels I have stayed at. Clean room, large bathroom, great socializing area downstairs. Thank god for the free WiFi! Location couldn't be better in terms of where the beach is, the train station, and museums. You also have Monoprix and a few other cheap stores nearby in case you need extra blankets (the room was a bit cold at night) or what have you. I will definitely come again!

• 3rd Mar 2014

It's a really good hotel where I passed and unforgettable experience in Nice. I strongly recommend this hotel if you are going to nice for the location , service, clean and good features on the room and bathroom.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Spain

The best option in , excellent quality-price, very good in all aspects.

Liked the location, liked the attitude of staff, liked the kitchen. Booked a 6-bed dorm but given a 4-bed one. The 4 bed-dorm was really of limited space and it was not very comfortable when all 4 guests were in there at the same time. The shower room was really tiny and I could hardly turn my body when showering however the water heating and strength were excellent. I enjoyed my stay there and it was recommended to those who are on a tight budget.

« first « Prev 1 2 3