Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

The smell of rat poison in the common areas is overpowering and wifi doesn't reach the patio puting the discerning guest in quiet a conundrum when trying to make reservations to get out of this establishment ASAP!

The hostel is in front of the train station. Really convenient. They provide free wine. Chips and snack every night at 7pm. Free bread all the time. It's really kind. We use same common room and kitchen with neighbor hostel. That's fun. We meet a lot new people even we live in different hostel. My dorm is clean and ensuit. Nothing can complain in the price.

The whole hostel was clean except for the kitchen. The bathroom ensuite was nice and clean. Despite the relatively unclean kitchen, it was nice to be able to cook and store food there. It's in a GREAT location; I went everywhere I wanted on foot. Good value for the price.

It was really an excellent stay at ANTARES. The staffs are really good, helpful and supportive. In particular, Ms. Diana helped me a lot during my stay. The location is really good as it is 100 m walk from GARE SNCF train station. The market places, malls, movie theaters, city center, tram station, beach and old town market are very nearer from the hotel and one can walk and enjoy the beauty of NICE city. The facilities are excellent and I'll 200% recommend this hostel for your stay at NICE...

• 26th Sep 2015
  • India

Very helpful staff. Great place for a short stay. I stayed 3 nights and loved it will definitely be back

• 24th Sep 2015

Every things was good except the wifi connection.

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

No frills hostel. It's nice that there are free wine nights to meet other travelers. Beds are shockingly uncomfortable but cleaners are efficient. Wifi only works in common rooms. Nothing outstanding about this place.

Stayed for 6 nights and all the staff was not interested and not helpful at all. Kitchen equipment was not good either. You'll have to light up the kitchen hop manually using lighter and most of the time, there's no lighter. The kitchen hop takes forever to boil water/heat up pots and pans. The only reason you should book this hostel is its location. Other than that, save yourself.

This hostel is an old hotel that became a bit tired so they converted it into a hostel. It's a typical hostel, not perfect but it works. Great location, small rooms with no space for your things. We had a private room for our last 3 nights and I'm so glad. We needed the space. There's a full kitchen with proper cooking facilities that we struggled to find at most other European hostels. There's a small grocery store next doors where we bought all our food and wine. This helped us save money.

Stayed at this hostel three nights with the first two ok. Faulty air conditioning. The final night there someone checked in at 1am (latest check in 10pm). This person (who is homeless) kept leaving the room unlocked so our belongings were never safe and then verbally attacked my friend and I about the air. While at night she went through our suit cases and used our cells. Don't stay here they don't care about your safety or that of your belongings. They allow unstable people to stay there

This is a nice, well-equipped hostel. Pros: lots of young people, fully equipped kitchen, free breakfast, free wine, free snacks, extremely hot shower with great water pressure, just in front of the train station and walking distance from the centre. Cons: we stayed at a room that was not part of the main building and was right next to the lobby, the wifi did not reach the room and we had to go to the common areas to be able to use it. I recommend it for its convenient location and facilities.

It was the best stay of my life. We booked 2 beds in 8 bed mixed dorm and they gave us a 2 bed private ensuite room in the arrival for the same price. The hotel is clean, kitchen is well equipped, room is comfortable, staff is very kind. The location is really good, just in front of the central train station and next to the main street. Just in case, there was only one plug in the room.

Too expensive for what you get. It is conveniently close to the train station and seems like a good place to meet other travellers as they have free boxed wine every night but these are probably the only positives. They accept cash only if your stay is below 50 euro, which is ridiculous. The wifi did not work in the room at all. Between me and another guy, we had to share one power outlet to charge our stuff. You also need a massive lock in order to store your stuff in the lockers they provide.

Stayed here for two nights and was put in a 3 bed room. I was with two girls who were coming in and out all night from clubbing slamming doors. Never got a good night sleep and felt uncomfortable with the crowd this hostel draws and didn't feel welcomed. It is by train station, which can be convenient. It is a 20 minute walk to beach/city. Would not stay again.

Great location near the train station and shops. Friendly atmosphere, and clean rooms. Wifi connection a bit patchy sometimes. Staff were helpful and kind in giving recommendations on attractions. I enjoyed Nice a lot and my stay here. Only thing is please inform customers of 3am to 6am curfew when arriving to check in, as I forgot about this when I booked and one night came in at 330am and staff member got angry and grunted at me, did not even bother speaking to tell me I breached the curfew.

Upon arrival at this hostel, I wasn't given a very warm welcome and I was overcharged - this, I only realized after consulting my email that night but then had no proof as I didn't ask for a receipt and wasn't given one. I wasn't told anything about the hostel facilities, there was no information on offer about what to do in the area and I felt uncomfortable asking for information.

I was in antares hostel for 4 night. The hostel is close to the train station so is very easy to go to Monaco, Cannes and other cities. The wifi is working very good, you have free drinks at 7 pm so is very good if you want meet new people there. The room is a little bit small but it's ok for the price. I recommend this hostel

When staying in this hostel your are in an outhouse that gets no natural light and smells damp. Shower doesn't drain so your feet shower in a pool. No wifi in bedroom (if you can call it a bedroom) and you back straight onto the terrace where people drink so it's noisy. Definitely would never stay here again

• 12th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Although I arrived late at night and didn't get to fully appreciate the facilities, the staff were very helpful and informative. The next morning I was able to look around the place and I will DEFINITELY stay here again as well as recommend it to friends. You can't beat the location.

• 11th Sep 2015

Great stay! Enjoyed happy hour.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7