Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

This was the worst hostel. When I arrived they only took cash so i had to go down the road to withdraw money. Then I could barely find the room as it was outside in a dark courtyard. When i got to the room i asked other roommates which beds were free as it was not apparent and when they told me it was a toss up between two beds that had clearly already been slept in, I chose the one without the blood stain! I could not connect to the wifi and when i asked staff for help, there was none.

This hostel feels more like a hotel! we were in a 4 bed dorm which had it's own bathroom. There was free wine our first night and a really good spaghetti dinner (including wine) our 3rd. It is a 2 minute walk from the train station and a 10 minute walk to the beach. lovely.

Very nice hostel, big and with atmosphere. The staff is very helpful and kind. The only negative thing to remark: the wi-fi connection was slow and not very well working. I enjoyed every moment I spent in this place.

Hotel partly turned hostel. Common room tucked away in the basement. Staff varies between friendly and helpful to very uninterested. Location is great though. Right across from the station and walking distance (10min) from the old town and the beach.

Very good hostel. Clean, organized, parties happening almost everyday, good location, next to the train station, ensuite rooms. recommended.

• 25th Aug 2015

I had an amazing stay in Nice. If I ever come back, I will definitely choose Antares Hostel again. The hostel is located right next to the train station and 10 mins to the beautiful beach. We got free wine and baguettes almost every day. There are great common rooms where you can socialize with amazing people from all over the world. The staff is competent and friendly. The rooms are clean and very nice incl. TV. We got fresh towels and the room was cleaned every day. We liked our stay it a lot!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Was great stay close to bus beach and tram free coffee in the morning and bread& jam and a kitchen for everyone to use when they like.

A good hostel, that was clean and spacious. Towels and hair dryer was provided which was handy. The staff were nice enough but weren't very helpful with directions. The room was a bit noisy at night so bring ear plugs! Good location just opposite Nice station but about a 15 minute walk to Viex Nice and the beach.

It was alright for one single night.

Not a bad location, right beside the train station. Right next to the central shopping street. The room was a bit dirty and very small. It felt more like a super cheap hotel than a hostel so the atmosphere wasn't the greatest. It was ok

This hostel seems to be a bit of a party hostel. However the staff were super friendly and it has everything you need to be comfortable.

Location was great! I enjoyed that they had free wine nights. Everyone was friendly. It was a cool place. The only thing that they really need to improve on is cleaning the washroom. I was in the girls dorm for 4 nights and the bathroom I think was only cleaned one time. No lock on the door and no where to hang your towel while taking a shower.

for just 5 euros extra your whole experience changes, I'd recommend to stay in antares. the staff are helpful and the location is fantastic.

Fantastic stay at this hostel! Great location very close to the train station & Main Street. 10-15minutes walk to the beach & old town area. Social activities at night were good value. Bathrooms were large & clean with good showers. Staff were very kind & friendly! Thank you!

location is really good. Stuffs are helpfull. But the room was really dirty

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Good location which is very near the main train station. There is a mini supermarket (Monoprix) a few doors away. Wifi was broken in the room that I stayed in. Had to use the wifi at the lobby. Hopefully it's fixed by now.

This place felt more like a hotel with shared rooms. The rooms and bathrooms could have been cleaner. Staff was not great they were not rude or anything just checked u in and that was all. Some info on the city, recommendations on where to eat ect... Would have been nice. They did let us store are bags all day so that was a plus.

Good place and good staff

• 14th Aug 2015

I was looking for a hostel close to the train station and Antares is the perfect location. The hostel was clean and pretty secure and staff were helpful in responding to questions (ie about a laundromat around the corner). There was air conditioning in the room which was great! As for atmosphere, they had some free wine in the common area one night I was there and this was a great way to sit down and mingle with other guests. Overall, I would recommend staying at Antares.

good location. atmosphere poor no bar. if in nice go to ma nolans best bar around.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7