Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

Had a great time staying at this hostel. It was connected to another hostel which provided for a great atmosphere. 10 minute walk to the beautiful beaches.

• 3rd Jul 2015

PROS: Good location, adequate facilities and comfy beds. They upgraded our room from an 8 bed to a 3 bed dorm which was great. Vueling lost our luggage on the way to Nice, and the staff were helpful in letting us use their phone. CONS: If you're looking for atmosphere you won't find it here. A little pricey in regard to what you get, but I guess all you need is a bed at the end of the day...

Antares is great. We got upgraded to a private room for free. Unfortunately the card machine wasn't working which was a slight hassle for checking in. The hostel itself is incredible - like a maze, there are so many different rooms for socialising in. The pasta and wine nights and chill out room were great. Made some great friends. Brilliant location - opposite station and walking distance to museums, old town, beach, le château and so on. Great showers. Lovely terrace. Amazing people

I booked the wrong dates for the time I would be staying in Nice, so when I got here, I had missed my check in date. The front desk was happy to reschedule me, letting me still stay the three nights at the same price. Not the cheapest hostel I've stayed in, but also one of the nicest. Location is great, next to train station, grocery store and a few cheap food places. They also have refrigerators in the room.

• 30th Jun 2015

Pretty decent hostel. Front staff was pretty good when I arrived but the next day, when checking out, they were much more friendly. Couldn't get a feel for the vibe at this hostel, but I was only there for one night.

This hostel was quite pleasant to stay at and met perfectly my expectations. First, it is very well situated just two steps from the railway station. Second, it is well equipped with all the facilities available - wifi, free computers with internet, lockers behind the reception at your disposal, 2 fridges at each floor, bathroom in each room, kitchen and dining/meeting room downstairs... The price for a 5 person dorm was quite reasonable when booked in advance. The staff was helpful enough.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

it is a pretty good one, the location is great but the receptionist is not so friendly.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • China

The staff at Antares Hostel were friendly and accommodating. The building is charming and airy. This hostel is geared toward young adults and had a lovely terrace were groups were socializing.

On arrival we were met by a very rude man on reception who short changed us. The price we paid for our room was very expensive considering we have since stayed at better hotels in the area for much less. the only good point was the location opposite train station and large communal area.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Really liked this hostel. Only thing I has an issue with was that our air conditioning didn't work so it was really hot in the room. Also, it was a bit difficult to find the kitchen, more signs would have been helpful. Otherwise everything was great!

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff was friendly and accommodating due to a train cancellation. They have free drinks and spaghetti dinner with a nice atmosphere! Great location by the Nice Ville train station and close to the beach as well! Would stay again!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Perfect for what we were looking for in our stay at Nice. Great location if you're coming by train! Laid back staff too!

Definitely would be back

Very small room with no locker in it. One bathroom to share between the whole room.

The hostel was much better then I expected. In addiction to clean room and privae bathroom I could participated in Happy hour that helped me to meet other travellers. Good job!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Poland

This hostel was sweet, I enjoyed my stay. The wifi is weird but you can deal with it!

They charged me an extra of 5€ (I had hostelworld's booking info printed but I forgot to show it since I was very tired and they don't give you any kind of receipt to complain). For the lockers, they also charge 5€ which I thought it was a rip off but I had to use it because they have a room where you can leave your luggage that is locked but they don't come into the room to check if people steal stuff or not. Also our room 114 was very noisy: noise from the street and the air cooling system.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

The lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. I was also pleasantly surprised that the hostel offered free food or drinks each night of my stay. Thank you for a great hostel experience Antares!

• 19th Jun 2015

The location is perfectly situated in front of the train station, easy to find. Check in is at 11 AM, not 9 AM stated. The receptionist at the time was kind enough to upgrade me to a 6 bed en-suite. The bed was foam and very comfy. The bathroom was very clean, fridge in room. However, there's only 3 outlets in the room. Free wine every night which is nice. There's also a left luggage. There's also air conditioning! The wifi connection was weak in the room though.

pretty awesome! they arrange event nights to meet other travelers!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7