Antares Hostel Reviews

5 Avenue Thiers, 06000, Nice, France

Really good hostel. Cheap, clean, friendly staff and good location. And it was really easy to meet poeple during the free wine and snacks time. Would definitely stay there again.

good location,but the room is very small,wifi isn't good,the plug is not enough.

Great location right across from the train station, right by a tram stop, and not a far from the beach or old town. Overall the staff was very helpful and friendly. But the cleaning ladies would just throw things on my bed while I was on it. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm that has locker space under the beds which I liked. There was also a mini fridge in the dorm. The room was very hot and small. Very modern and nice bathroom. Floors could be cleaned better.

The bathroom was disgusting and hadent been cleaned in days. The hallways had no lights!!! I tripped several times going up and down the stairs after dark. The rooms themselves were dirty.

I bought food and put those unfinished food into the fridge for the next day dinner. But all gone when I open the fridge the next day. No hooks inside the room, that's quite trouble when having shower.

My friends and I LOVED this hostel. The staff were so friendly it was amazing. The hostel was right across from the train station so an excellent location, and when our flight to Madrid was cancelled unexpectedly they welcomed us back and even made sure we had the same room. Super clean, cheap, and in an amazing location. Would go back to this hostel over an actual hotel even. The staff also spoke English and made a real effort to make sure we were comfortable. Huge fan!

• 6th Apr 2015

I signed up for a 8 room dorm online and they put me in a room with 2 other girls. Own tv, bathroom, shower. Felt like a hotel. The other people staying at the hostel were annoying in the common room. Everyone had their own "groups" and didn't really mingle. The kitchen facility is a nice bonus.

Right in front of the train station, making it an excellent hostel for early departure and late arrival. I am often doing one of these schedules on the trip. Therefore, this hostel is really perfect in terms of location. On top of it, it has the facilites in rooms that beats a lot of hostel in Nice. I love the 7:00pm free drink every day and the dinner party with people in the kitchen every night. This hostel will be one of the reasons I go back to Nice when I travel in Ocotber to Europe again.

Hostel is across the street from the Nice Gare Ville station. It's a quick walk to the main shopping area and beach. There is a small grocery store right next to the hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. I liked having a kitchen and female dorm room. Great price! The only suggestion would maybe be to improve security with a front swipe card perhaps. It seemed like anyone could walk in and there are some sketchy people around the station. Someone was always at the front desk though.

• 30th Mar 2015

All the staff at the hostel are welcoming and give great advice on where to go and what to do. The room was very nice for the price, however there was no blind on the skylight (5th floor) so it was bright by 7am. The kitchen downstairs and social area is well equipped and plenty of room for lots of people to use at once. The location of the hostel is excellent, right next to a supermarket and opposite the main train station in Nice.

Our stay was excellent. Upon arriving, we met a lovely receptionist, I forget her name, but she was a young blonde woman. We told her a friend was arriving a day late and we asked if she could put our friend in the same room. The receptionist upgraded us from an 8-bed to a 4 -bed to accommodate our request. The hostel itself was clean, safe and the location was perfect. The only negative comments are: the bad wifi connection and no hot water in the first night. Other than that it was perfect.

• 29th Mar 2015

I recommend it. Located just 2 minutes from the train station and 10 minutes by foot from the Sea. Big kitchen all-equipped, lounges on the basement and next to the front desk. Rooms are tidy and clean, the bathroom is clean and the hot water works!

well located and easy to find. staff are friendly

• 28th Mar 2015

A cool hostel, really good quality-price ratio. I will definitvely come back soon ! The position of it is literary perfect, being a few steps from the central train station which means that you can easily get to Monte Carlo, Monaco and the hotel is also not at all far away from the main city atractions. The staff is quite helpful and always ready to give all kind of assistance and support, which is quintessential for any tourist staying in any hostel/hotel. Hote Antares is truly great!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Romania

Hostel Antares was the best thing in Nice. It's easy to find and it's easy to get somewhere from there. The entrance area makes you feel welcome. The staff was very friendly, thanks Diana! My room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. Toilet and shower were in the room and also very clean. Very close to the station. Good kitchen space. Would recommend.

• 17th Mar 2015

V nice location just 2 min walk from nice vile! Clean room and hv towel for each bed!! V nice staffs and the reception borrow me an umbrella when it is rain!! Hot water, nice wifi! Best choice in Nice!

Very nice staff, took time to chat a bit upon arrival and always very service minded and helpful. Very well equipped hostel, good clean kitchen, large social spaces and basically everything you could ask for in a hostel.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Does the job. Friendly staff, decent location.

Greaty place to stay, tidy, clean, and staff really nice and accomadating. could do with a common area to socialize

I have stayed here a few times and each time the staff have been very friendly and welcoming. Location is also great as across the road from Nice train station. Value for money with near by facilities and close to main shopping street. Airport bus stop also close by.

« first « Prev 1 2 3