Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

after we arrived, they arranged us to stay in another hostel which was not near and the staff's attitude was really arrogant. we booked a room with private bathroom at this price but we got a shared one which was not convenient.I dont think it is fair for us to pay the same price getting a worse one. angry!

Such a great welcome

The location is great, it's in the student area so not touristy and bars in the square stay open late. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• 6th May 2015

Good location near centre in quiet place. Staff excelent.

I can not review about this hostel. Because a owner of the hostel introduced another hostel to me. I guess he didn't have a room for me despite booking by this site. The hostel I have to stay at is near the Rialt Bridge, so good location. But no lockers, so I was always worried about my baggage.

• 1st May 2015
  • Jamaica

As everyone else has said, the wifi doesn't work in the rooms and there is not much of a common area, and no kitchen. However the staff is really nice and helpful. I checked in late at night and my friend had already arrived so the guy working the desk asked her to "check me in" as in show me our room. Even though he was still there when I arrived, he took us out for coffee the next morning because he said my friend had done him a favor by "checking me in" herself! Really sweet.

A great place to stay in a great area of Venice at a great price.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

This was a cute little place to stay for a few nights. It's right in the centre of a square full of good restaurants and shops, which was nice for when we first checked in and needed lunch. The man at reception was very friendly and loved to make jokes. I would stay here again.

We had a 4 bed room with an ensuite bathroom. The room was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. The location is easy to reach, and right in the center of Venice. Definitely would recommend!

I would have felt better with lockers.

• 14th Apr 2015

Missed our train because the front-desk didn't open until 10am

Very basic. Staff very friendly. No common area or kitchen. Location is perfect with the Piazza outside close of Caffes and shops. Directions very helpful.

My stay was really nice. The rooms were clean and nicely kept. The only thing I would change would be adding lockers to the rooms because there was no where to lock up belongings when you left for the day.

The directions were very helpful and not confusing at all. Located in a piazza with several cafe options and a market, which was quite convenient. The host was very kind and welcomed us warmly. Overall, wonderful experience.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The location of this hostel is great and the staff were very friendly. The room was a bit hot at night though.

It is a good hostel located close to Plaza St. Marcos, in the islands near the station; the staff was ok and the rooms and bathrooms super clean. Recommended.

We booked our stay at Antico Capon 3 weeks before arriving, but when we showed up, the hotel told us there was no room and that we would have to stay at a neighboring hostel. They didn't email us ahead of time? The neighboring hostel was dark and not what we paid for at all, but the owner kept insisting that 'all hostels are the same.' We eventually asked for our money back and just found a hotel in the city. Bad experience with unprofessional treatment!

The cold water ran out quickly during shower and the reception guy was scary. VAT, like for most Italian hotels, isn't included in the price stated.

Great value for price, I had a bathroom in the room, everything was really clean, only problem is that there was a loose spring on my mattress, but nothing too bad.

전기가나가는게말이됨?? 그것도 내가묶은방만...복도는콘센트전기도 잘들어오던데 방만 끈킴ㅎㅎ? 게다가 리셉션은 체크아웃시간이 다되도록 안열려서 어둠속에서 짐챙기고 키도문앞에걍두고옴.. 안예민해서 다른건다괜찮았는데 마지막날정전이 심히 불편했음ㅠ ps.아래식당라자냐개짬 피자도그닥.. 식사는다른곳에서하시길ㅋㅋ