Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

Nice place, not that much a hostel but more like shared rooms, 4 beds in a nice room with private bath, they clean it every day, and the staff was really helpful. It is in a nice area, and you have cafés and bars and pizza places really close, and a supermarket around the block. I recommend it.

The room was very small, clean though, but there's no space for 4 people

It's pretty much a hotel, but the location is the best. If you are planning to stay a few days and meet new people it is not the place for you but if you just go for a day or two just to see Venice, it's a great choice.

Really great location, central Venice. Room was small but comfortable.

The hostel has a good quality-price but the staff is sometimes a bit rude, in addition he doesn't know anything about tourist information like free tours or things like that, common in hostels.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Very cozy, pleasant room. Very clean and nice for the price. I thought it would be noisy because it was a very busy piazza, but it was actually very quiet inside the room. I love the location--i think it's the perfect place to stay in Venice, but it is a little rowdy--my roommate had something stolen by someone on the street so I would advise people to be careful. The staff member was a little unfriendly at first, but he warmed up.

• 19th Dec 2015

Great Location, clean. Worse

The hostel staff was unexpectedly more friendly than we taught they would be. Elias is such a nice guy! Also the attendance was impeccable. I hope to come back there sometime!

Nothing to recommend about this place. You are locked out for the majority of the day, with no wifi, power, common room or place to rest your head. No wifi in rooms, which is ridiculous - only in the reception area.

The location is very nice,with cool pubs and supermarket right next to it. The staff is very nice and helpful,no common area though and no kitchen. Apart from that definitely recommend.

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • India

So bad place, so expensive, more than 30 euros for nothing, the bed so uncomfortable, toilet smells so bad, one dog inside the hostel ! The poor and bad hostel that I visited in a whole Europe!

Owner was genuine, I like that. It's worth the money for sure.. Great value for a short stay.

Good location. It's worth it to stay IN Venice. Right across from a decent pizza place. No atmosphere and there was only one staff who seemed to love his job. He was very friendly and I wish he had been there more. Wifi only worked on the stone stairs. Got upgraded to a twin room and ensuite for free, which was nice for privacy. No lockers though. No maps either and you have to pay €2.50-5 for them around town. This place was fine for the two nights we stayed.

The Hostel is in a big interesting square but a bit hard to find if you first visited Venice, try to ask for direction before you come. The price is quite high but it's one of the most affordable place in Venice.

This was a lovely little place in a perfect location! Elias was a fantastic host - very helpful, knowledgable and friendly. Definitely recommend staying here while in Venice!

Really good location with plenty of bars and restaurants in the square outside. When we got there we weren't able to get into the room til about 6pm but this was no problem for us as they were happy keep our luggage and we were able to go out enjoy the city! Rooms were clean and they gave us a map with all the good locations to go to which was very helpful. Probably not the best place for a solo traveller looking to meet people.

The owner was very nice, location was good. I was in a dorm with 3 others and it was crowded. No common areas, only a tiny place by the office. I found this at the last minute for the weekend, so was haly to find a place at all.

Very well located hostel, close to many restaurants and pubs. The neighbourhood was safe, but the main door of the hostel was always open, sometimes there was only a child in the reception and there were no lockers in shared rooms. There were no common areas; no kitchen, no living room. Wifi did not work well in our room. The room was clean overall, but with bugs.

Pretty basic but excellent location

great staff,location but expensive unnecessarily