Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

Good hostel, but super basic and due to the small room size and no common area its really difficult to meet people Would stay again

Only stayed a night but it wasn't great other than its location. Tiny room considering how many people were crammed into it. Staff were not real approachable and there was no common room. It's purely a place that is a bed to stay

The heating happened to be broken when we arrived so the owner arranged for us to stay in a room in a place very nearby. He was extremely friendly and helpful and even gave us vouchers for a free coffee and croissant for all three of us for each morning in a cafe in the square. The location of antico copan is excellent though and the owner gave us a map and indicated key places he thought we should visit which was great!

• 28th Dec 2014

Antico Capon is a simple and good place. There is nothing extra - breakfast, laundry, kitchen, common room -but the rooms are so nice. they had a problem with the gas when we were there but the staff solved it really well. We took shower in another place.

The location is not bad and it is a real family hostel.

Right in the heart of the youth night life, literally just out the front door, room still stayed quiet though. Wifi was crappy in the room but fine in the hallway.

Location is great, the hostel is in this piazza that is crowded with students and young people, the place is noisy, but inside you hear almost nothing. It was clean and good. Bed are average size, good blankets and nice bathrooms. It is clean, but that could be improved a bit. Staff is great, they help when you ask and leave you alone when you don't need them. WiFi works perfectly in the rooms. It only needs a kitchen to be perfect, but there are plenty of cheap places for eating in the area.

Nice and clean hostel in the centre of Venice! Excellent location and great value for money

Just an average hostel. I met the staff when I got there and saw them in passing and that was it. Basically it was a room with 3 beds. No locker or personal area. I was lucky to have two very affable spanish travelers that were considerate, respectful and trustworthy. At night the plaza has a lot of activity happening. Pizza across the plaza is pretty good at 2 euros, 2 Gelato shops and many places to eat. I would stay again but i wish they would get rid of the wardrobe and add lockers

Great Location, easy to reach and nice bars and restaurants in the area. Venice is a very expensive city so the prices are good. The rooms are small and clean, there's free wi-fi and the owner is a very friendly man.

I got placed across the plazza in another building. There was no wifi in this building at all. No lockers in the rooms. I was only okay with it because I was alone in the room. Location wise, it's really close to bars and the plaza setting, which is bad for sleeping because people were yelling until 4am. Venice is a small enough city that you don't need to be right next to that scene for it to be accessible.

The owner of the hostel was extremely welcoming and very flexible with our group size. It is located in a square of restaurants and bars that makes it easy to find something to do! I highly recommend it!

• 7th Nov 2014

Great location that is close to the train station and buses. The place overall felt a little dirty and the bathrooms smelled bad. Also for being a hostel was no way of meeting other people unless you stayed in the same room as them. A little expensive

Staff is very friendly and helpful, and location is perfect for people traveling by train.

The location is very nice.15 minutes walk from Roma square,not so difficult.It attached to a square but not so noisy.The only oneproblem is a smell of toilet....It has bad smell.However the room is clean and tidy.I would stay again. ローマ広場から徒歩15分程度、広場に面していて住所さえ分かっていれば比較的見つけ易いです。トイレの匂いがひどかったのが残念ですが(たぶん下水の問題)、お部屋は綺麗でとても快適でした。

Great staff, amazing location, facilities were amazing for a hostel. Very good price for Venice. No kitchen, common rooms or lockers but there was not need.

This hostel was one of the worst one that I have stayed. Firstly it was so expensive compared to the room they gave. There were neither towels nor a shampoo and when we wanted towels from the stuff they said you have to give 2 euros per each. This is a hotel ! The room was smelling so bad and we couldn't sleep. There was no housekeeping.The room was very small and dirty most of the time. I think they should change something in their hotel.

Only stayed one night but it was nice. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The Ensuite shower was nice and the wifi worked fine. The location is great and the staff is friendly. Awesome gelato spot right around the corner called Il Doge.

• 5th Oct 2014

The man running this hostel was very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with him. The only downside to this place that his ping child was playing in the hallway right outsideour door early one morning (about 7am). Other than that I have no complaints. The hotel is on a square that seems to be very popular with students late at night but once we closed the windows the sound didn't bother us at all.

Elias is a true Champion and he made me laugh every time I spoke with him. Always remember you can go to Pizza School in Milano as a back up plan for life!!! Pleasant stay! Christopher A. Espinosa Sacramento, California

• 29th Sep 2014