Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

The hostel staff was unexpectedly more friendly than we taught they would be. Elias is such a nice guy! Also the attendance was impeccable. I hope to come back there sometime!

Nothing to recommend about this place. You are locked out for the majority of the day, with no wifi, power, common room or place to rest your head. No wifi in rooms, which is ridiculous - only in the reception area.

The location is very nice,with cool pubs and supermarket right next to it. The staff is very nice and helpful,no common area though and no kitchen. Apart from that definitely recommend.

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • India

So bad place, so expensive, more than 30 euros for nothing, the bed so uncomfortable, toilet smells so bad, one dog inside the hostel ! The poor and bad hostel that I visited in a whole Europe!

Owner was genuine, I like that. It's worth the money for sure.. Great value for a short stay.

Good location. It's worth it to stay IN Venice. Right across from a decent pizza place. No atmosphere and there was only one staff who seemed to love his job. He was very friendly and I wish he had been there more. Wifi only worked on the stone stairs. Got upgraded to a twin room and ensuite for free, which was nice for privacy. No lockers though. No maps either and you have to pay €2.50-5 for them around town. This place was fine for the two nights we stayed.

The Hostel is in a big interesting square but a bit hard to find if you first visited Venice, try to ask for direction before you come. The price is quite high but it's one of the most affordable place in Venice.

This was a lovely little place in a perfect location! Elias was a fantastic host - very helpful, knowledgable and friendly. Definitely recommend staying here while in Venice!

The owner was very nice, location was good. I was in a dorm with 3 others and it was crowded. No common areas, only a tiny place by the office. I found this at the last minute for the weekend, so was haly to find a place at all.

Very well located hostel, close to many restaurants and pubs. The neighbourhood was safe, but the main door of the hostel was always open, sometimes there was only a child in the reception and there were no lockers in shared rooms. There were no common areas; no kitchen, no living room. Wifi did not work well in our room. The room was clean overall, but with bugs.

Pretty basic but excellent location

great staff,location but expensive unnecessarily

Clean hostel with the basics. Great location. Close to the public transportation stop, easy to get to with luggage.

Excellent location, and REALLY nice owner; however, the hostel itself is not very nice. It is a cheap hostel for a reason. Wifi was slow upstairs (barely worked near the door of the room), and no common room available to use it downstairs. The room I checked into had a dirty, crumby floor. The beds only had a mattress cover (no other sheet between you and the blanket). No lockers. With that said, if you are not picky, this hostel would be fine for a short, well-planned trip to Venice.

We had a nice welcome, the owner let us leave our luggage the whole day of our arrival and departure which was very convenient for us. The room was very simple, we had some issues with the bed. But the location really explain the price as it is in one of the most animated area (and still no noise at night in the hostel) and in a walkable distance of P. S. Marco.

• 6th Sep 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here I'm Venice. The hostel is not flashy, but in most respects it has a very homey feel, and feels like an authentic Venetian house. The only problem was the mattresses. They were absolutely disgusting and need to be thrown away immediately. Mine had a hole in it, and I woke up during the night with a spring sticking through into my back... Apart from that one complaint, it was a very friendly hostel with nice staff and social vibe in the rooms.

Excellent location in a lovely square away from the busy tourist part but easily able to walk to the main sites. Owner very friendly and helpful. Would recommend for a short break to Venice.

Good staff, clean rooms, perfect location,... Especially owner of hotel is very hospitable. İf i go to Venice again this hotel will be my first choice

So over priced for what you get, however, it was the cheapest we could find in Venice. The air con is in fact a ceiling fan which is pretty poor and blows warm air into the room, we had to sleep with the window open it was so hot and got eaten alive! Everything was very basic, the ensuite was okay, it just constantly smelt awful. Wifi didn't really work unless you were next to the door. The mattresses had huge holes and rips in them. Pay a bit extra, it really isn't worth it!!

Clean, secure and fantastically located hotel /hostel in Venice. Cheap in comparison to other accommodation options on the island part of Venice, but still €25 a night with no extras and no kitchen. Beautiful square, located only 20 minutes walk from St Mark's and Rialto. Staff really nice and helpful. Recommend for Venice!

« first « Prev 1 2 3