Antico Capon

Fabulous 2139 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 2139 Total Reviews

4th Aug 2017

Basic, clean, and well-located. A good place to sleep for one or two nights. It's a small family owned operation and the proprietor is helpful and witty. No AC, no secure in-room storage area.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Aug 2017
5.7

Personally to me this place was bearable just for one night. There rooms was not air-conditioned, the space was super small, windows couldn't be opened and the beds were really uncomfortable. On a plus side the staff were really friendly I did like them very much and it close to heaps of food! It was also a small walk to most attractions. I personally wouldn't stay here again but it was cheap and I guess I kind of go what I payed for.

• Ireland, All Male Group, 18-24
26th Jul 2017
4.0

Arrived at half 8 and had to wait over an hour to see the owner and leave our bags there.. Our bags were then just left in the hall, no safe room.. the owner/receptionist (same person) is never there and when we did meet him, he tried to sell us shoes. He often wandered into our room while we were there unannounced.. Floor was crawling in ants and there was very poor air conditioning in room

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
19th Jul 2017
7.4

Good hostel, in a cool square. Noisy at night but very close to lots of food places, there's a restaurant right next door. Shared dorm didn't have any security features so was just hoping that no thieves were in our rooms. Didn't have a top sheet which I thought was weird. No towels provided but that's standard. Bathroom was good and beds were comfortable, friendly staff. Would stay here again!

13th Jul 2017

Cheap hostel in the middle of Venice. I did not go here for a fancy bar, nor breakfast. I stayed here to have a clean bed and a nice shower after walking miles in Venice. The hostel was perfect for this. Emilio, at the reception was friendly and helpful. One thing you should be aware that there are no security lockers in the room. This was OK for me because the reception took care of my stuff while I was walking around

• Australia, Male, 25-30
12th Jul 2017

Venice is an actual maze, but the directions made finding this place very easy, so that was a plus. The owner was a great guy, had a chat about home and where I come from, was a very nice guy and extremely easy to deal with. Got a free upgrade on my room too! Plus, this place has a dog living there; does it get any better!?

12th Jul 2017
7.7

This was a decent hostel if you're looking for something on a budget. I thought I would be uncomfortable as a solo female as I read that it was just owned by one man, but I was not & he was very welcoming and joked with me the whole stay. It's very basic - there's no lockers or common room. The bathroom was only shared with your room. It is really loud at night since the hostel is located right on a popular plaza. Overall good stay

10th Jul 2017
7.4

It's a good place to stay for a night or two in venice. Not top notch but in a relatively good location, since venice is pretty small. I do think it's a bit too expensive for what it's worth though.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
8th Jul 2017
6.6

The staff wasn't overly friendly and just wanted to check me in and get it over with. I asked questions and answers weren't very helpful. Room and toilet was ok but no security of content. However Great location and quite cheap.

• hannahcharles478132
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jul 2017
5.7

The man who ran this Hostel was quite strange.. and it wasn't run like most professional hostels, with clear check in desks and procedures etc- instead you had to text him when you arrived. I found that I felt a little bit uncomfortable as a solo traveller staying here for these reasons. Otherwise the location was great and rooms were nice. Although there was no lockers so security wasn't optimal. No communal areas or kitchen though- so no ability to store food which I found a bit problematic