Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

Great value for price, I had a bathroom in the room, everything was really clean, only problem is that there was a loose spring on my mattress, but nothing too bad.

전기가나가는게말이됨?? 그것도 내가묶은방만...복도는콘센트전기도 잘들어오던데 방만 끈킴ㅎㅎ? 게다가 리셉션은 체크아웃시간이 다되도록 안열려서 어둠속에서 짐챙기고 키도문앞에걍두고옴.. 안예민해서 다른건다괜찮았는데 마지막날정전이 심히 불편했음ㅠ ps.아래식당라자냐개짬 피자도그닥.. 식사는다른곳에서하시길ㅋㅋ

Nice stay, nothing to complain about. Still don't understand why they don't put soap in the bathroom...also the small one would be appreciated.

The hostel manager is the funniest and most charming person we've met in Italy by far. Definitely have some conversations with him.

Overall, I was really happy with the Hostel. The staff was friendly, location was really good and for a hostel in the centre of Venice, the price was amazing. Obviously, the room was modest, and small, but clean and there was everything a tired traveller may need. If I could suggest something, it would be good to add lockers in the room. The people I was in the room with were nice and friendly, but I would have probably felt better being able to lock things like passport etc.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Poland

Great hostel in an excellent location if you like young people and nightlife. Good rooms and very friendly staff. Would have appreciated a place to lock up valuables. Also had to pay in exact change which is a little difficult when you're splitting the cost between 3 people. But still had a great stay and would definitely recommend the hostel.

• 27th Feb 2015

I cannot comment much of Antico Cappon Hostel, Venecia, because I arrived late in the night and left early in the morning, I was just passing-by. The guy who attended me in the reception was very nice and provided me good help.

Good hostel, but super basic and due to the small room size and no common area its really difficult to meet people Would stay again

Only stayed a night but it wasn't great other than its location. Tiny room considering how many people were crammed into it. Staff were not real approachable and there was no common room. It's purely a place that is a bed to stay

Only stayed here one night. Unfortunately the heat was broken, which wasn't fun being the dead of winter. We were provided with extra blankets though. They also gave us a portable space heater, which would have been awesome but we realized when we woke up in the morning that in our 4-bed room only one outlet worked. The owner was quite friendly though! It's a small hostel with no common room or lockers, but it's nicely situated on a plaza. The walking directions were incredibly helpful.

The heating happened to be broken when we arrived so the owner arranged for us to stay in a room in a place very nearby. He was extremely friendly and helpful and even gave us vouchers for a free coffee and croissant for all three of us for each morning in a cafe in the square. The location of antico copan is excellent though and the owner gave us a map and indicated key places he thought we should visit which was great!

• 28th Dec 2014

Antico Capon is a simple and good place. There is nothing extra - breakfast, laundry, kitchen, common room -but the rooms are so nice. they had a problem with the gas when we were there but the staff solved it really well. We took shower in another place.

The location is not bad and it is a real family hostel.

Right in the heart of the youth night life, literally just out the front door, room still stayed quiet though. Wifi was crappy in the room but fine in the hallway.

Location is great, the hostel is in this piazza that is crowded with students and young people, the place is noisy, but inside you hear almost nothing. It was clean and good. Bed are average size, good blankets and nice bathrooms. It is clean, but that could be improved a bit. Staff is great, they help when you ask and leave you alone when you don't need them. WiFi works perfectly in the rooms. It only needs a kitchen to be perfect, but there are plenty of cheap places for eating in the area.

Nice and clean hostel in the centre of Venice! Excellent location and great value for money

Just an average hostel. I met the staff when I got there and saw them in passing and that was it. Basically it was a room with 3 beds. No locker or personal area. I was lucky to have two very affable spanish travelers that were considerate, respectful and trustworthy. At night the plaza has a lot of activity happening. Pizza across the plaza is pretty good at 2 euros, 2 Gelato shops and many places to eat. I would stay again but i wish they would get rid of the wardrobe and add lockers

Great Location, easy to reach and nice bars and restaurants in the area. Venice is a very expensive city so the prices are good. The rooms are small and clean, there's free wi-fi and the owner is a very friendly man.

I got placed across the plazza in another building. There was no wifi in this building at all. No lockers in the rooms. I was only okay with it because I was alone in the room. Location wise, it's really close to bars and the plaza setting, which is bad for sleeping because people were yelling until 4am. Venice is a small enough city that you don't need to be right next to that scene for it to be accessible.

The owner of the hostel was extremely welcoming and very flexible with our group size. It is located in a square of restaurants and bars that makes it easy to find something to do! I highly recommend it!

• 7th Nov 2014