Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

The hotel room was great and the staff were lovely but our window faced the incredibly noisy square. We didn't sleep well due to the constant noise from people drinking in the square late at night and the loud birds in the morning. We would have preferred to close our window and have a fan on in the room.

Excellent place to stay!! The owner is fantastically funny and you will always feel welcome here upon your arrival! Best place I've stayed in Venice!

No common area but the location is fantastic. Use this as your base for Venice and you will have an incredible time. Be sure to schedule in a few extra minutes if the owner starts to chat you up!

I was entirely surprised by how much I liked this place. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location was in the heart of the city, and the sleeping accommodations were very comfortable, even during the summer. I actually added an extra day onto my stay because of how much I enjoyed staying here, and of course because of how perfect Venice is as a city. Only things to worry about are the ease of entry (security), and the surrounding neighborhood, which can get noisy at night due to the bars.

Antico Capon owner is very jovial. Thank to his warm reception and interaction !. I stayed in a mixed dorm which was very good. Washroom, room were spotlessly clean. Bed linen,handwash gel was provided but carry your own towel and bath soap. Bed mattress was too good. If you chance to get a bed beside window overlooking Campo Marghareta you are lucky to see both beautiful night and morning glimpses. Antico is located at exceptionally great location. ! I wud definitely stay with AC next time.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • India

This was a perfect location for Venice and I'm so glad I stayed on the Island. More like a small hotel than a hostel as there is no common area. Room was small but comfortable and clean. For location and value for money I would go back here. Loved my stay in Venice!

Great location in Venice.

The owner was an absolutely lovely man!! All staff were so willing to help and went out of their multiple times to accommodate me and ensure my time in Venice was as easy as possible. Rowdy area due to university kids, so if you are a deep sleeper you'll be fine but some nights it's a bit hard to get to sleep.

• 25th Jul 2015

The hostel was a lovely environment and Fabio who ran it was really helpful. I only stayed for two nights so not sure if it was in the best location but it was easy to walk to the colosseum and catch the metro to the Vatican. Breakfast could've been better but it was included! Only downside was lack of aircon and the Mosquitos!

We were moved to an apartment for the same price and it was incredible!!!

When we arrived, we got a double room with private bathroom instead of three bed dorm, which was a nice surprise. The hostel is well located at a nice quite piazza away from the main tourist routes. The man working there was friendly and welcoming, our room was clean, but very hot as there was no ac. Price is quite high compared to other hostels we stayed at, but as everything in venice is expensive, this is the best choice for low budget travellers like us.

Simple hostel if you only want a place to sleep. Nice and helpful staff. Location is very good.

• 18th Jul 2015

The man who runs it is beyond lovely, he will chat for ages and gives you the best advice. it is in a pretty good location, still about 30min walk to st mark's square but that's what you get in Venice, close to train only 10 minute walk. There are no lockers but I felt safe and didn't feel the need to have one. Only down side is that Venice is ridiculously hot in summer and the lack of air conditioning makes for a very uncomfortable sleep.

It is a quieter hostel (in that no social area to meet other people but the rooms are very basic and creaky beds etc). It is in amazing location in Venice- walk to everything and the Campo it is located on is always lively/good restaurants. The staff were so helpful and friendly. However the rooms dont have anywhere to lock away your things. It is very basic, but for the ever expensive Venice it does the job.

Not bad. The rooms and beds are fine (no bunks! Which is nice) but the wifi is pretty awful and there was no staff present in the morning, and check out is at 10. Nobody was even there at 9. Sucks for anyone who has transportation to catch, and the number the staff leaves doesn't actually reach anyone. Luggage storage is in the hallway, but the front door to the building is never actually locked, so literally anyone could just come in and take your stuff. It's very noisy outside, even at night.

The room was nice, everything was clean, the owner was fantastic! The location is good, just a few minutes away from the station and easy to find.

The hostel is situated right on the island which is perfect. It's walking distance from most places, and if you're not up for a walk then you're five minutes from the nearest water bus stop. The room has the bare essentials as you would expect, and the beds were comfortable. It is fitted with fans, but in the hot summer heat it could still get uncomfortably hot - some air conditioning would have been great. But overall a good hostel in a beautiful city.

Venice is expensive so I found this hostel to be very well priced, the cheapest place you will find. We arrived early and were able to leave our bags until 2pm when we could check in. We stayed just one night and organically booked in for a mixed dorm but were upgraded to a double private room with an ensuite and working fan for the same price..very impressed! Overall this hostel was secure and pretty clean. There isn't much atmosphere inside the hostel but it is lively outside. Central location

The location was great, but there wasn't anywhere to meet anyone, unless they were staying in your room. Also, the wifi wasn't great, it only worked of you stood by the door in our room. Even so, the ceiling fan was great - much needed - and the bathroom and room was always clean.

Stay for one night, amazing atmosphere and staff. Room was ok, a bit small but had everything basic facilities.

• 27th Jun 2015