Antico Capon Reviews

Dorsoduro 3004/B, Venice, Italy

A great place to stay in a great area of Venice at a great price.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

This was a cute little place to stay for a few nights. It's right in the centre of a square full of good restaurants and shops, which was nice for when we first checked in and needed lunch. The man at reception was very friendly and loved to make jokes. I would stay here again.

We had a 4 bed room with an ensuite bathroom. The room was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. The location is easy to reach, and right in the center of Venice. Definitely would recommend!

I would have felt better with lockers.

• 14th Apr 2015

Very basic. Staff very friendly. No common area or kitchen. Location is perfect with the Piazza outside close of Caffes and shops. Directions very helpful.

My stay was really nice. The rooms were clean and nicely kept. The only thing I would change would be adding lockers to the rooms because there was no where to lock up belongings when you left for the day.

The directions were very helpful and not confusing at all. Located in a piazza with several cafe options and a market, which was quite convenient. The host was very kind and welcomed us warmly. Overall, wonderful experience.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The location of this hostel is great and the staff were very friendly. The room was a bit hot at night though.

It is a good hostel located close to Plaza St. Marcos, in the islands near the station; the staff was ok and the rooms and bathrooms super clean. Recommended.

We booked our stay at Antico Capon 3 weeks before arriving, but when we showed up, the hotel told us there was no room and that we would have to stay at a neighboring hostel. They didn't email us ahead of time? The neighboring hostel was dark and not what we paid for at all, but the owner kept insisting that 'all hostels are the same.' We eventually asked for our money back and just found a hotel in the city. Bad experience with unprofessional treatment!

The cold water ran out quickly during shower and the reception guy was scary. VAT, like for most Italian hotels, isn't included in the price stated.

Great value for price, I had a bathroom in the room, everything was really clean, only problem is that there was a loose spring on my mattress, but nothing too bad.

전기가나가는게말이됨?? 그것도 내가묶은방만...복도는콘센트전기도 잘들어오던데 방만 끈킴ㅎㅎ? 게다가 리셉션은 체크아웃시간이 다되도록 안열려서 어둠속에서 짐챙기고 키도문앞에걍두고옴.. 안예민해서 다른건다괜찮았는데 마지막날정전이 심히 불편했음ㅠ ps.아래식당라자냐개짬 피자도그닥.. 식사는다른곳에서하시길ㅋㅋ

Nice stay, nothing to complain about. Still don't understand why they don't put soap in the bathroom...also the small one would be appreciated.

The hostel manager is the funniest and most charming person we've met in Italy by far. Definitely have some conversations with him.

Overall, I was really happy with the Hostel. The staff was friendly, location was really good and for a hostel in the centre of Venice, the price was amazing. Obviously, the room was modest, and small, but clean and there was everything a tired traveller may need. If I could suggest something, it would be good to add lockers in the room. The people I was in the room with were nice and friendly, but I would have probably felt better being able to lock things like passport etc.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Poland

Great hostel in an excellent location if you like young people and nightlife. Good rooms and very friendly staff. Would have appreciated a place to lock up valuables. Also had to pay in exact change which is a little difficult when you're splitting the cost between 3 people. But still had a great stay and would definitely recommend the hostel.

• 27th Feb 2015

I cannot comment much of Antico Cappon Hostel, Venecia, because I arrived late in the night and left early in the morning, I was just passing-by. The guy who attended me in the reception was very nice and provided me good help.

Place was pretty good for the price, and the price was good for venice especially during carnival. It is only rooms though, no communal area so not great if your on your own but i was with friends so didn't find. Nice area. Room was very small for 3 people but it had a private bathroom which was good.

Good hostel, but super basic and due to the small room size and no common area its really difficult to meet people Would stay again