Antigallican Hotel Reviews

428 Woolwich Road, London, England

Nice kitchen area. Ladies shower area awkward - no space to hang things.

Very clean showers and lovely staff. Such a great deal for your money. Closr to a bus stop that'll take you to the tube station.

Hostel is a good ways out of London on an expensive train that stops running at around 11, so nights in the city are difficult to impossible. But as are nights in the hostel. the only common space is the kitchen which is nice but closes at night as well. no wifi in my room. staff was creepy, so the whole thing felt a little like a horror movie. They also all wore the same clothes every day and the one or two normal ones always looked scared. Would not recommend if you want to see London.

The Single-Room was very small an had no window, except for a window above the door. But the curtain in front of the window couldn't be removed, so it was very dark and sticky.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The location was extremly far away from anywhere in London, the bar looked awful, the bathroom was falling apart. The room itself had dirty sheets, there was one small window looking at a wall.

Would like some lockers. Didn't know if there was a storage room or not.

Low price with excellent services, everything was good except the bathroom - The bath tub doesn't work well sometimes. And also u need to pay for renting a locker.

Have to be patient to get hot water. No locker available. A bit far from city center but train station around the corner, so I didn't mind.

Only 10 minute bus ride from the O2. You get what you pay for but the hostel was spotlessly clean, lovely little kitchen upstairs and comfortable beds. Can you really ask for more at that price? Cheap and cheerful but I'll definitely be staying again.

A nice clean hostel that's 30seconds walk from the train station into town. As long as you don't mind sharing a bathroom then I'd recommend this place. Only issue we had was the showers were push button so sometimes a little tricky to use whilst washing hair etc.

• 9th May 2014
  • Scotland

The water pressure could be better. A little difficult to shower sometimes but a great place to stay. Thank you Antigallican.

I honestly rolled in at 4 in the morning and out at 8. But, what I saw was a very charming facility and the staff were very nice. I would have liked to use the kitchen, it is the nicest space there.

It really depends what you are looking for. It is clean, cheap for London, the facilities are great, quiet. But it is very far from the centre (and you will lose in transport what you saved on the booking). The staff was a bit unconcerned, but without any major problem. Basically good for a quiet week in London when you want to relax a lot and travel little, bad for a week end to party.

Great value for money. It's very easy to take a overland train to london Bridge, otherwise location is rather uninspiring.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

I cannot make any reviews here because I had to cancel my booking on the same day I was supposed to arrive in this hostel. I did not push thru with my trip here, at that time. I don't have any experience staying in this hostel. But since I'm "forced" by this website automatically to give a review by clicking on the "appropriate ratings", for now, I just have to give an "Average" Rating, since I really don't have any idea about this hostel, and just so to satisfy or comply with my record reviews.

Chose this place because it's close to the O2 and I had a concert to go to. I started to figure out my way around so I decided to stay an extra 5 nights which was no problem. Bathrooms cleaned every morning. First bed was a bit springy but I changed rooms when I decided to stay longer

We were pleasantly surprised by the facilities and the helpfulness of the staff. We felt very safe, especially in an 8 person mixed dormitory, and we definitely appreciated having separate bathrooms for men and women!! It was the best hostel experience of our group and also in a great location a few feet from the train station. It was also very nice to have a kitchen available for our use--saved us a bunch of money in London for sure!

• 13th Mar 2014

big rooms, clean toilets, heaters inside every room. the atmosphere is not like a hostel...

We had a great stay! Staff was VERY kind!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

This was my first time staying at a dormitory so naturally I was quite nervous. All my fears were put to rest as soon as I arrived! Helpful staff in both the adjacent bar and reception, great security, clean rooms and bathroom. I'd highly recommend this hostel if you are attending an event at the O2, as I was. The location is amazing for the price!

• 5th Mar 2014