Antigallican Hotel Reviews

428 Woolwich Road, London, England

Great value for money. It's very easy to take a overland train to london Bridge, otherwise location is rather uninspiring.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Chose this place because it's close to the O2 and I had a concert to go to. I started to figure out my way around so I decided to stay an extra 5 nights which was no problem. Bathrooms cleaned every morning. First bed was a bit springy but I changed rooms when I decided to stay longer

We were pleasantly surprised by the facilities and the helpfulness of the staff. We felt very safe, especially in an 8 person mixed dormitory, and we definitely appreciated having separate bathrooms for men and women!! It was the best hostel experience of our group and also in a great location a few feet from the train station. It was also very nice to have a kitchen available for our use--saved us a bunch of money in London for sure!

• 13th Mar 2014

big rooms, clean toilets, heaters inside every room. the atmosphere is not like a hostel...

We had a great stay! Staff was VERY kind!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

This was my first time staying at a dormitory so naturally I was quite nervous. All my fears were put to rest as soon as I arrived! Helpful staff in both the adjacent bar and reception, great security, clean rooms and bathroom. I'd highly recommend this hostel if you are attending an event at the O2, as I was. The location is amazing for the price!

• 5th Mar 2014

Average service, but I don't think it was worth the price.

The directions could perhaps havebp been better.We found the overland train from Charing Cross to be a much better way to go,faster,less Long changes. However the staff was exceptionally helpful,one member even running after us when he found a faster way of traveling for us,all staff were very friendly and helpful,would love to stay again

I had a wonderful time staying at the Hostel. The staff were amazing, I would like to say a big Thank you to the receptionist John for his kindness and people skills. I would also like to Thank Titan for his kindness and attitude. The building is kept immaculately clean and fresh by the housekeeping staff. Antigallican has a lovely relaxing atmosphere and is organized completely professionally by all the staff. There are many facilities which makes the stay enjoyable for any visitor.

Nice place to stay clean and freindley staff great shared kitchen as it is large with everything in it, the only downers is that it is a bit far from the city centre and did cost us a bit going back an forth, in saying that there is a bus stop and train station just down the road, also the water pressure in the showers are terrible, all in all reasonable hostel experience

• 4th Dec 2013

All in all, quite acceptable, however it is too far away from the city center.

The room was a lot larger and cleaner than we thought it would be. The kitchen area was a little small for the size of the hostel, but it wasn't a problem.

very quite and nice

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Greece

This Hostel is great; there are a lot of good people and good staff ( the best is Josh...is a cool man) Cleans rooms and clean bathrooms. So nice.

Lovely staff, great value for money. Very close to the train station.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

The staff is awesome. They have free towels. No breakfast, and small lockers. But the place is very clean. The kitchen is huge and easy to cook in. There is a free community computer.

A really good hostel... One of the best! really nice spacious dorms and kitchen with good common room facilities. Only let down by bathrooms which simply need cleaning a little more often and are too small for communal use when hostel is busy... also I tend to judge Hotels and Hostels by quality of their hot showers...0-1 out of a10 !

This hostel has only two faults that prevents it from being one of the best in London. one is location... which is beyond their control and since right on the door step of national rail station is minor Two the dreaded cold low pressured shower... why do so many fail to such an easily remedied problem which simply make them appear as cheapskates which their not!

I really enjoyed my stay, but that was just for one for Iron Maiden gig, so I really can't say much about the hostel itself. Location is fantastic if you are going to see something in o2, other than that it's just too far from the main city center attractions. Be prepared to pay 1 quid for the lockers. Rooms are spacious, bathrooms and toilets are all right.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Poland

This was a great hostel-in zone 3 so was easy to get into town. Kitchen had everything you needed, bathrooms clean (didn't have PowerPoint though- but rooms did!). Staff were really helpful and always welcomed us in. Originally moved from another hostel due to cleanliness and this one was exactly what we needed to make our London experience great! Thanks guys :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7